Create Account

Ask an Irish Ninja Anything

With things gearing up, I feel like it's time I tried my hand at answering questions. Don't be shy, I promise to reply to everyone with the best of my abilities.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR

Which team has your favorite jerseys / logo in the SHL?

How do you feel about the performance of Ireland in the IIHF since you have been on the team?

Has McCloud fallen short, met, or exceeded your expectations for his career thus far?

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Do you prefer fighting with your Irish fists of fury or your ninja shurikens of death?

[Image: 6yGtNq1.png]
Sig by Carpy48
[Image: ZdvabGY.png]
Sig by Carpy48

As a yankee, my preference for alcohol changed immensely after I tasted things like Guinness, Killian's, and jameson. What are your opinions on them, and what are good things to drink/eat to compliment their unique flavors?

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]

Conas ata tú?

An bhfúil tú go maith?

how did you react with the trade from sfp to wkp?
are you enjoying your time in the swampy miami suburbs?
is rex kirkby really a crusty grumpy british twat?

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Where do you stand on the furious debate in the WKP locker room about hot dogs being sandwiches, tacos, or other?

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

01-31-2020, 02:31 PMCementHands Wrote: Which team has your favorite jerseys / logo in the SHL?

Tough question. I have, in the past, mentioned that I liked San Francisco Pride's combo and I still do so. It's not the only solid look that the league has, to be fair: New Orleans' look is really good (definitively the winner between the latest expansion teams), Texas pulled a pretty good black-grey-white combo that I do enjoy as well and I do appreciate West Kendall's look now that I'm here.

01-31-2020, 02:49 PMMook Wrote: How do you feel about the performance of Ireland in the IIHF since you have been on the team?

Has McCloud fallen short, met, or exceeded your expectations for his career thus far?

I think we put a pretty solid effort in spite of going out in the Quarter-Finals. I was actually a bit surprised to be called up since I imagined there were better options but I trust that the thinking heads made a capable choice and in any case, I believe we're restructuring from those seasons where Ireland kept winning, correct?

Honestly, I'm not exactly a person that enjoys having a focus on his own things instead of working for the team, so I didn't really set any goals for Yoshi. If we suddenly win bucket loads of stuff, that's grand but I'm not going to have problems with losing beside the obligatory need to improve.

01-31-2020, 03:42 PMWinstobick Wrote: Do you prefer fighting with your Irish fists of fury or your ninja shurikens of death?

Ah, now that's a question I was looking forward to answering at some point. Personally, I like to have full control of a situation so when it comes to fighting, I usually prefer my fists. Shurikens are totally fine, don't get me wrong but unless you're using them with a full arsenal, it feels rather limiting to only use them as matter of law of sorts. Besides, speaking as a ninja that was trained first with a sword, I do have to admit that my honest preference is swordplay. I was considering adding some stuff that I've picked up from that thing they call videogames but I kinda realized that I'd have to snap my wrists out so I could do the helicopter slice move and... yeah, stuff for after the hockey career, I guess.

01-31-2020, 04:09 PMGeekusoid Wrote: As a yankee, my preference for alcohol changed immensely after I tasted things like Guinness, Killian's, and jameson.  What are your opinions on them, and what are good things to drink/eat to compliment their unique flavors?

In spite of my rather limited time in Ireland, as far as contact with people outside of my family go, I do believe that the main thing with these is regionalism, not so much the taste. I mean, Guinness isn't all that great but I do recall people from Trim actually liking it a fair bit over anything else. As for what you should eat with them, I dunno, up to you. That said, I have heard from some lads that a Jameson begs for a top-notch apple pie.

01-31-2020, 04:30 PMWhite Cornerback Wrote: Conas ata tú?

An bhfúil tú go maith?
Genkidesu, kiite kurete arigatō.

01-31-2020, 04:36 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: how did you react with the trade from sfp to wkp?
are you enjoying your time in the swampy miami suburbs?
is rex kirkby really a crusty grumpy british twat?
At first, I was rather surprised. It's something you know can happen but you don't exactly expect it to happen to yourself. Still, I understood why the trade was made and I honestly haven't had a thing to complain about WKP so, I think it all worked out in the end but I'd be lying if I didn't say that I was caught by surprise there.

Oh, absolutely. The lads are all pretty cool and I'm looking forward to facing that thing called a Florida man in a sword duel. Wonder if I can skin it to make a wallet or something.

Haven't seen him grumpy yet so I don't think so? Then again, the season is still early on...

01-31-2020, 09:27 PMThelastheraclid Wrote: Where do you stand on the furious debate in the WKP locker room about hot dogs being sandwiches, tacos, or other?
I believe I've said this in the past but I think hot dogs are on a unique category for themselves, although I guess you could say is closer to sandwiches, since tacos have a specific kind of bread you have to use in order to make them.

Quote:Word Count: 818

Keep 'em coming, please.

[Image: d8gycCg.png]
Scarecrows Dragons Czechia
Player Page - Update Page
Outlungus
Former Players: Yoshimitsu McCloud (LW, #64) - Outlaws pride Platoon Jets Aurora Ireland
Won a Four Star Cup once, knew ninjutsu, picture editors hated him, never tried free agency
Anton Harrier (LW, #90) - Battleborn Rage Ireland
Won WJC gold, liked skateboarding a lot, went to the finals with Manhattan, kept his seat glued in LR