Create Account

STL Punishment

Let’s a start a rival junior league, who’s with me

Just gonna day this: I think the system as it is currently is fucked up when it comes to starting goaltenders in the SMJHL. The current system forces teams with an active goalie to either hope the SHL team already has a backup, or carry 3 goalies and leave one scratched for the entirety of the season. It’s a shitty system.

With that being said, Evok being suspended is utter bullshit and I think all of you know that. HO has been so “textbook” with punishments it’s ridiculous.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

02-08-2020, 06:11 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: Just gonna day this: I think the system as it is currently is fucked up when it comes to starting goaltenders in the SMJHL. The current system forces teams with an active goalie to either hope the SHL team already has a backup, or carry 3 goalies and leave one scratched for the entirety of the season. It’s a shitty system.

With that being said, Evok being suspended is utter bullshit and I think all of you know that. HO has been so “textbook” with punishments it’s ridiculous.

well this one is weird because its not textbook at all, there’s 0 precedent for suspending the goalie

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

02-08-2020, 06:15 PMnour Wrote:
02-08-2020, 06:11 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: Just gonna day this: I think the system as it is currently is fucked up when it comes to starting goaltenders in the SMJHL. The current system forces teams with an active goalie to either hope the SHL team already has a backup, or carry 3 goalies and leave one scratched for the entirety of the season. It’s a shitty system.

well this one is weird because its not textbook at all, there’s 0 precedent for suspending the goalie

The precedent for this mistake is written in the rulebook as a 5m cap hit. HO felt that would be too harsh.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

02-08-2020, 06:18 PMBadWolf Wrote:
02-08-2020, 06:15 PMnour Wrote: well this one is weird because its not textbook at all, there’s 0 precedent for suspending the goalie

The precedent for this mistake is written in the rulebook as a 5m cap hit. HO felt that would be too harsh.

So u suspended a player who has nothing to do with it instead? Lmfao punishments to nic and tml are fair but evok is completely blameless in this situation

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

02-08-2020, 06:07 PMBadWolf Wrote:
02-08-2020, 05:50 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: TML brings up a very good point here that I think is being glossed over in this thread as well. What is the proper system for teams when their goalie gets pulled up to the SHL? Who is supposed to suit up in backup?

When a goalie gets called up it is up to the smjhl gm to sign a fa goalie to fill that temporarily empty roster spot. This is why shl gms are required to give smjhl gms a 24hr notice of call ups.

Yet that goalie still counts against your cap. So if you don’t have the cap to sign an IFA goalie you are fucked. This season has seen a ton of FAs join to which no team can take on anymore, which means cap space is limited. STL has 500k available. Minimum contracts are $1m. My goalie gets called up and now I am fucked because I cannot sign an IFA goalie. This is okay though right?
Punish me. Punish TML. Fine. Whatever. Punishing Evok for something she had no control over is fucking stupid. It has never been done before in this scenario, why change now?

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

02-08-2020, 06:18 PMBadWolf Wrote:
02-08-2020, 06:15 PMnour Wrote: well this one is weird because its not textbook at all, there’s 0 precedent for suspending the goalie

5m cap hit too harsh, but suspending an innocent player isn’t too harsh.

Oh yeah, it’s big brain time.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

02-08-2020, 06:33 PMNictox Wrote:
02-08-2020, 06:07 PMBadWolf Wrote: When a goalie gets called up it is up to the smjhl gm to sign a fa goalie to fill that temporarily empty roster spot. This is why shl gms are required to give smjhl gms a 24hr notice of call ups.

Yet that goalie still counts against your cap. So if you don’t have the cap to sign an IFA goalie you are fucked. This season has seen a ton of FAs join to which no team can take on anymore, which means cap space is limited. STL has 500k available. Minimum contracts are $1m. My goalie gets called up and now I am fucked because I cannot sign an IFA goalie. This is okay though right?
Punish me. Punish TML. Fine. Whatever. Punishing Evok for something she had no control over is fucking stupid. It has never been done before in this scenario, why change now?
We increased the cap by 1m on January 29th due to this. If you would like to talk with HO about how to proceed we will be more than happy to talk via pms.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

*checks standings*

@Evok Totally deserves this suspension

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

02-08-2020, 04:18 PMmajesiu Wrote: [Image: 80O0csm.png]

5/5 perfect execution, shows great progress with previous memes, understands the format perfectly, 100% accurate

seems fucked to me

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

02-08-2020, 06:08 PMLeppish Wrote:
02-08-2020, 05:50 PMBlastmeaway Wrote: TML brings up a very good point here that I think is being glossed over in this thread as well. What is the proper system for teams when their goalie gets pulled up to the SHL? Who is supposed to suit up in backup?

I'll do it for 50 bucks.

LMAO paying someone that is not really. in a real currency.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

02-08-2020, 05:41 PMBoomcheck Wrote: This is a fair punishment and I agree with HO.
cc2 has spoken

02-08-2020, 07:04 PMBlastmeaway Wrote:
02-08-2020, 06:08 PMLeppish Wrote: I'll do it for 50 bucks.

LMAO paying someone that is not really. in a real currency.

You're very late on the not existing maymay, dum blast.

[Image: lebbish.gif]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: QsZ1vOb.jpeg]
[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]