Create Account

Halifax Raiders relocation

I think I don’t have to introduce the Halifax Raiders to anyone on the site. Especially not the reputation they have garnered over their 27 seasons of existence in the league. With 2 4 star cups, both within the first few seasons of the franchises existence, and a long history of great teams with nothing to show for it, Halifax is known to be the bad franchise, the bottom feeders. With the move to FHM, there was a feeling that the Raiders needed a change, and a big one in that. Unfortunately, that means one thing – relocation.
Therefore, I would like to introduce you to the newest SMJHL franchise – the Maine Timber.

[Image: MaineTimberTeamTemplate.png]

Why would one choose Maine? I personally believe that SMJHL franchises have a bit more flexibility in where you can put them as they don’t need to be tied to a massive city like New York, Montreal, LA or something. So when the time came up to choose where we go, the main idea was to try and stay somewhat near the original position of the Raiders, and when we ran across the neighbouring locations, we liked Maine the most as a fairly non-traditional location people don’t think too much about. The franchise name is then I think a pretty logical choice considering its a Maine team. I wanted something a little bit special, so instead of being your typical “group of things“ like standard hockey teams are, we decided to go for Timber. Again, the logical choices follow with the colour scheme and logo there.

Maine Timber will be located in Portland, Maine, and will be playing out of the Cross Arena, sharing it with ECHL’s Maine Mariners. The arena seats 6206 people, and has been recently renovated, and we hope it’s going to be a good new home for the team.

Big thanks to @Wasty for his help with this entire process, as I am about as artistically adept as a newborn elephant.

Finally, I personally hope that this can give the franchise a new, fresh start, something that it needs heading into the new sim engine, and hopefully we can leave Halifax and it’s struggles in the history alongside Simon and his shenanigans.

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]

wow i remember halifax's inaugural season, i feel old

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

I dig it

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

LOVE IT BRO. EARTH TONES ALL DAY.

WE SPEAK FOR THE TREES!!!

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2020, 05:00 PM by roastpuff.)

Is this the official goal song of the Timber?

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

nice wood Wink

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I remember when Laing was the best player

[Image: giphy.gif]

So the Portland Timbers?

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

love the aways, not a huge fan of the homes but i mean its going down

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

Big fan of the Minnesota Mud Men jerseys

Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora Aurora
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]
[Image: AceIn603.gif]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

03-06-2020, 05:07 PMAce Wrote: Big fan of the Minnesota Mud Men jerseys

your opinion is noted and I don't like it

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2020, 05:09 PM by Chevy.)

Serious question: Why timber and not Woodsman or Lumberjacks?

I mean... Bangor Maine is the birthplace of Paul Bunyan.

Could have even done something with Moose (being the state animal) or...with their sea-faring enterprises (lobster is a HUGE part of their economy up there)

oh no, what am I going to do with the Philadelphia "Atleast we arent Hafliax" team

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

more like Maine Tinder these fellas are cruising for hookups

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

03-06-2020, 05:08 PMGeekusoid Wrote: Serious question:  Why timber and not Woodsman or Lumberjacks?

I mean... Bangor Maine is the birthplace of Paul Bunyan.

Could have even done something with Moose (being the state animal) or...with their sea-faring enterprises (lobster is a HUGE part of their economy up there)

That is too cool. Let's do a 3d chess parody of an MLS team that shares a city name with Maine. 1