Create Account

Carolina Kraken S52 Awards

[Image: CarolinaKraken.png]

With another season officially in the books, its time for another edition of the Kraken season awards. However, this one isn't going to be quite like the others. S52 was not only the swan song for STHS, but it was also the same for a few key members of the Kraken that have truly made my time as General Manager memorable.

Before we get into the awards, I think its only fitting that we start with the first of our two big announcements by retiring the jersey of someone who has set their place in the team's record books, someone who has donned a letter for this organization, and someone who undoubtedly has a very bright SHL future ahead of them. This player has the rare privilege of saying he has been able to win not one, but two Four Star Cups. Finishing his junior career second all time in goals (78) and points (172), first in plus/minus (+71), third in game winning goals (13), first in playoff assists (30), playoff points (42), and second in playoff plus/minus (+15)...here's to one of the greats both on and off the ice.

Words will never be enough. Thank you, Alexei Rykov @RaginCajun Kraken
[Image: RykovRetirement.png]

Putting the waterworks on hold for now, let's get into the awards.

As always, these awards are voted on by members of the Kraken roster and management, with the player receiving the most votes being given the honor of receiving that award.

We're going to start with the Kain Webb Award for Team Leadership. In an effort to keep things a little on the short side this time around, all there is to be said here is that there is no person more deserving of this award than who was voted on. A fitting farewell, the S52 recipient of the Kain Webb Award for Team Leadership is....

Michael Fitted!
@Fitted2106

Next up we have the Cristoph Klose Award for the Top Forward. This one should come as no surprise. A true leader on and off the ice, this player has been the epitome of consistency throughout the season, putting himself in the record books along the way. The S52 recipient of the Cristoph Klose Award for the Top Forward is....

Alexei Rykov!
@RaginCajun

Following the structure of the past few seasons, the next award on the list is the Quilha Agante Award for the Top Defenseman. This might come as the first surprise on this list to some, but for others it might be just what they expected. Coming in third on the team in shots blocked in only his rookie season, this player has a long and storied career ahead of him. Without further ado, the S52 recipient of the Quilha Agante Award for the Top Defenseman is....

Ambacas Cuddles!
@cpetrella

Shifting up the order a little bit, next up we have the Petr Klimek Award for the Best Two-Way Player. In a surprising turn of events (let's be honest,  not too surprising), this award ended in a tie! The two players who earned the share of this award were leaders in their own right. One was not only the team leader in points, but he also finished second on the team in plus/minus. The other, albeit during a "down" offensive year where he scored 39 points, he also led the league's second best penalty kill unit in terms of minutes played. While they may not be league leaders for points, they both are players that were, are, and will continue to be dangerous on both ends of the ice. The S52 recipients of the Petr Klimek Award for the Best Two-Way Player are....

Tom Fiddler and Joseph Weston!
@PremierBromanov & @ACapitalChicago

Breaking order once again, we will take this opportunity to give out two awards at once! This season, the Jordan Nugent Hall Award for the Most Dedicated Player and the Alonzo Garbonzo Award for the Top Rookie are going to a player who fell right into the Kraken's lap during the last draft. This player showed up and instantly became a locker room favorite, tossing sigs left and right, consistently showing that he embodied what it meant to be a Kraken. With many more high powered seasons ahead of him, the sky is the limit for the recipient of both of these awards. The S52 recipient of the Jordan Nugent Hall and Alonzo Garbonzo Awards is....

Jimmy Wagner!
@sve7en

Last but not least, we have the Kurtis HunterAward for Team's Choice MVP. No surprise here, as the recipient of this award led the team in points and powerplay points, finished second in plus/minus, and finished second on the team in faceoff percentage (min. 100 attempts), this player killed it in every aspect of his game this season. This player didn't fiddle around when it came to hockey this season, and it showed in the results. The Kraken will truly miss having a Tom of all trades of his caliber. The S52 recipient of the Kurtis HunterAward for Team's Choice MVP is....

Tom Fiddler!
@PremierBromanov

Wait.... did I say last award??

Members of management and I got together over the past season and talked about a way to commemorate the level of sportsmanship, dedication, and excitement shown by a truly special member of our team over the past 4 seasons. He began as a member who didn't truly grasp how to do everything, but he was fully invested anyways. He consistently brings a positive attitude into the locker room day in and day out. He has picked up his teammates when they were feeling down and never lost his "we've got this" attitude. Developing somewhat of a cult following for Terry Bradshaw during his tenure, this player's claim to fame will forever be him being known as the one true Sweet Terry Guy. We all thought that referred to Bradshaw? Nope, its him. In essence, this player has truly shown and believes in what it means to be a Kraken. It only makes sense that we start giving away the Michael Fitted Award for the player who best demonstrates what it means to be a Kraken to the player who the award is named after. Congratulations to the first ever recipient of the Michael Fitted Award, our newest member of management....

Michael Fitted!
@Fitted2106

Congratulations to everyone who received an award tonight!

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

Excuse me while I go bawl my eyes out. No team has more heart or soul than the Carolina Kraken, no one deserves their number retired more than Rykov, absolutely fantastic players all around. Best of luck in the future Kraken, you're in the right hands with the right players on the roster. Kraken

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Congrats to everyone, especially @RaginCajun and @Fitted2106 ! You two along with everyone else that Fuzz and I have had the privilege of having on our team have made our first few seasons as GMs an absolute dream. There really isn’t enough words for me to say it. You all will be sorely missed and I wish you all could dawn the orange and black forever.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Congrats y’all Kraken Kraken Kraken

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

Absolutely honored to have my jersey retired. Also congrats to everyone else! An amazing group of guys the best in the league. Fitted also congrats you magnificent bastard!

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

Best franchise ever!

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Kraken Kraken Kraken Kraken Kraken

Absolutely honored

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I am honored to receive both awards, thank you so much! Congrats rykov on retiring my number for me, congrats acap on sharing the award with me as well, congrats to jimbo as well, much deserved. And congrats trella on rigging the awards for your player lmao. But jk,i voted for you

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

03-10-2020, 08:56 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: I am honored to receive both awards, thank you so much! Congrats rykov on retiring my number for me, congrats acap on sharing the award with me as well, congrats to jimbo as well, much deserved. And congrats trella on rigging the awards for your player lmao. But jk,i voted for you
I voted for Porky!

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM