Create Account

S53 Newfoundland Berserker Draft Eligible Prospects Profile (2x Media)
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 09:11 PM by Rindiee.)

With the S53 SHL Entry Draft right around the corner I figured I would help some of my Berserker lads out in hopes to boost their draft stocks. Talking about what they have to offer in terms of LR presence, production on the ice as well as the rate at which they are earning TPE. For my research I will be using the Player analysis spreadsheet as well as the SHL indexes for accurate statistics of my teammates.

(Yes I know the player analyze is not 100% up to date right now but it's the best way for me to have concise data at the time of writing this.)

Steve Harrington - LW 279 TPE @NeonLime
Current SHL Job(s): Graphics Grader and Updater
Bank Balance: $29M

If it hasn't been clear by his large presence on the forums, Steve, or NeonLime has been wrecking havoc on the league with his levels of activity, possession of two jobs and solid bank roll of $29,000,000. There's no doubt that Steve is going to put the league on notice, and has already been doing so. On top of all this, he's also been coming in very high in many peoples mock drafts and I really do expect him to be a top 10 draft pick as a result. Furthermore Steve is currently sitting in 11th in his class in TPE, however he only sits 3 TPE out of 7th spot and without a doubt will continue to be earning at a top rate. After sharing a locker room with Steve for over a season now he's consistently proven his level of activity to be not only on the forums but on discord too. Ever since being drafted he's been impacting the team in a positive manner, already being named an Alternate Captain in his first season with the team. I expect nothing but the same for when he is drafted to the SHL, and whatever team gets him is getting a great player and guy without a doubt.

In terms of production within the sim Steve didn't put up numbers that are popping off the stat sheet however for a team that was giving line 1 40% ice time, Harrington's production on line 2 (25% ice time) definitely deserves to be mentioned. In 50 games Harrington posted 7 goals and 10 assists for 17 points with a +/- of 0.

If this isn't enough to prove the value of Harrington i'm not sure what else is.

Pick Value: High 1st round

Jukka Timonen - D 279 TPE @Smalinowski7
Current SHL Job(s): N/A
Bank Balance: $26.5M

Similarly to NeonLime Jukka Timonen, or @Smalinowski7 (also juke for short) has been a phenomenal addition in all aspects for the Newfoundland Berserkers. Although Juke doesn't currently hold any league jobs he is killing it in media. Having a bank roll of $26.5M Juke is proving he doesn't need to possess jobs to get the bankroll flowing. Funny enough, Timonen has 279 TPE which is the same amount as Harrington. In all honesty, I don't think Timonen is getting the hype he deserves, although he may not be the "sexy" pick like Harrington due to the jobs he possesses, Timonen is putting the league on notice with his hefty amount of high quality media. If General Managers are doing their due diligence they'd know their is no risk coming with the selection of Timonen. Again, like Harrington Juke is tied for 11th in TPE (12th if you will) and can easily move up with the rate at which he has been earning, and I expect nothing less from him but to do just that. After sharing a locker room with Timonen for a full season I can say nothing but good things for him as well. His activity level is incredibly high and he has proven to be a very insightful member to the Berserkers lineup. As he begins to progress in his career, starting with being drafted into the SHL I expect his activity to only continue on an upward trend from here on out, and any teams that pass on Juke will regret it.

Although Timonen is a defensemen, he put up very impressive numbers, especially for a rookie. In 50 games played Juke scored 10 goals and put up 11 apples on the board for 21 points on the season. I also shouldn't forget to mention that he put up these numbers while playing on the second pairing. On top of all this, 21 points places Timonen 2nd in points among all rookies on the Berserkers.

Like Harrington, if this isn't enough to prove Timonen's worth, then you GM's will be sorry you didn't at least take a flier on Smalinowski.

Pick Value: High 1st round

Ryuuji Minamino - RW 266 TPE @Nhamlet
Current SHL Job(s): Updater & WJC GM
Bank Balance: $5.35M

Sure, Minamino doesn't have the same amount of TPE as Timonen and Harrington, however he only trails them by 13 TPE, and of course the SHL is a marathon not a sprint, with that being the case I would not hesitate to use a draft pick on Minamino, aka ham. Once again, like Harrington and Timonen Minamino is also extremely active on discord, as well as the forums. Although he doesn't possess the same bankroll as his rookie counterparts, Ham is not missing out on getting involved with SHL jobs, currently holding possession of Updater and WJC GM. Continuing on with his activity, I see no difference at all in terms of his activity in relation to his teammates who have a slight lead on TPE. Something I see as a non issue, especially at this very early point of his career. Frankly, I only see positives in selecting Minamino as due to his current TPE total he is sitting 29th in his class which could allow for him to be a huge steal for any team lucky enough to select him. Steered away by his his TPE rank? Don't be, he's 10 TPE away from moving up 11 spots into #19, not to mention this class a whole is earning at a high rate so being 29th in a class of 88 this early is without a doubt nothing to be intimidated by. Again, Ham is a teammate of mine who I have created a great relationship with due to his activity level on discord, and teams will definitely end up regretting skipping on him when draft day comes.

Unfortunately, Minamino didn't have the greatest production in his rookie season, but again at this point of his career I wouldn't worry about his on-ice production, especially after only 1 season of ice time in the Juniors. Posting 3 goals and 5 assists for a total of 8 points with a +/- of -5 is not what he may have hoped, HOWEVER Minamino was doing all of this while on the 4th line. With that being said I'm expecting a huge sophomore comeback from Minamino and I'm glad to be able to be apart of what he's gonna be bringing to the table.

Pick Value: Late 1st round early 2nd.

Andrei Kostitsyn - RW 240 TPE @[Clean Andrei Kostitsyn]
Bank Balance: $1.1M

Although Andrei may not offer some of the same things that Minomino, Harrington and Timonen offer, he brings something really important to the table. That being activity in the locker room, with that activity comes an absolutely awesome dose of hilariousness. Andrei loves talking to everybody in the discord, and wants to make sure you all know his eagerness to find Sergei, and if you don't have the desire to help him find his long lost brother then maybe you don't deserve to share a LR with this Russian beauty. In terms of actual production, he doesn't have much of a bank roll and isn't producing at the highest of levels, but he is still producing and at a higher level then more then half of his class. In my eyes, that warrants a draft pick. I'm honestly not too sure how long Andrei will be sticking around, especially with his low bank balance and not holding any jobs within the league, however like I said he has still been putting up a decent amount of TPE and is definitely active in the locker room, which is always a positive.

Although Andrei is a goon before anything else, he still put up more points then I would have expected, especially in his rookie season. As a 3rd line winger Kostitsyn posted 3 goals and 11 assists with a +/- of -8. I'm sure Andrei would also like for me to make it known that he had a team leading 124 hits, and 46 PIMS, which is good for 2nd on the team.

Again, I'm trying to keep it real. Although I think Andrei is a great personality, he definitely won't be in as high demand as Timonen, Harrington and Minamino. But again, that's totally okay, especially with the size of this draft class, means for a lot o flicks in this draft.

Pick Value: Mid 3rd early 4th round.

Outside of these top 4 Berserkers it definitely begins to get thinner in terms of value, at least with activity levels on discord. So frankly, with the information I'll be finding for this article I will also potentially learn something about some other rookies I might know as much about. Just because you're not hyper active on discord doesn't mean you don't have value as a player in the slightest.

Patric Twist - RW 214 TPE @Patty
Bank Balance: $300k

As stated, unlike the other 4 rookies already summarized I know very little about Patty. He's in our locker room, however I've personally never interacted with him before, nor do I believe I've ever even seem him in the discord, but of course I could be wrong. It's nice to see that Twist has at least provided some sort of production currently sitting at 44th in TPE rank, putting him in the top 50% of his class. However, he has only 29 posts on the forums, a bank roll of $300K and possesses no jobs within the league. On top of this, he hasn't been on the site since March 3rd, which is a little concerning as that means he's missed a full week of update. Overall, we can't be totally disappointed in this being the case as after all he was selected 37th in the SMJHL draft.

This past season Twist spent most of his time on the 3rd line. In this time he put up 5 goals 11 assists for a total of 16 points. Twist also posted a +/- of +1. Overall, his production definitely could have been worse given his current off-ice production.

Again, it's hard to say how he is gonna do in every facet as I've really never talked to him, yet he has still produced some TPE in the time since he's been in the league.

Pick Value: Late 4th early 5th round. (In hopes of whoever picks him is able to get him to normal activity. If this is the case congratulations to whoever snags him and puts in the work to get him back to constant activity!)

Vince Chalut- D 198 TPE @Chaxterium
Bank Balance: $600k

With Chalut, or @Chaxterium we see similarities with him and Twist. However I'd say we're a little worse off when it comes to Chalut. Not only do I know for a fact that I've never interacted with Chaxterium but it doesn't seem as if he is even in our discord. With that being said, he of course does not possess any jobs within the league and has a minimal bank roll of $600,000. To make matters worse, he hasn't been on the site since the 22nd of February. With that being said, I guess it's safe to assume he doesn't plan on coming back to the league anytime soon? If he does, it definitely won't be all too often. It's unfortunate that this is the case, as his 198 TPE currently puts him in 59th in the S53 class, and had he been consistently updating I'm sure he'd be significantly higher with the decent start he was off too. Again, when he was originally drafted to Newfoundland in the SMJHL draft it was already somewhat of a shot in the dark, being selected 50th overall.

Unlike Twist, I'm unsure if there is a hope of Chalut ever getting back to any sense of activity, especially because it doesn't seem as if he uses Discord, so getting into contact with him may be unrealistic. If a team is able to get in contact with him and get him active then hats off to them.

Pick value: 6th round? (With this current TPE total Chalut will never see ice time in the SHL, if for whatever reason teams aren't passing by the 6th round this is where I'd expect him to go, otherwise it's way to hard to predict.

oIn terms of on-ice production it is clear to see that STHS is so beyond random. In 50 GP Chalut put up 7 goals and 15 assists for 22 points and a +/- of -1. Surprisingly enough, those 22 points were good enough to lead all Newfoundland rookies. Where was Chalut doing this production from? The 3rd defensive pairing. I can personally say, I'm glad were moving to FHM with this being an example of an absurd outlier of STHS.

Ryan Aaron- G 184 TPE @tidaltown
Bank Balance: $4.9M

I know we had quite a few draft picks in the S52 Junior draft, including quite a few who are now inactive, which is obviously expected. However, this is one that surprised me and was actually somewhat bothersome. Although I didn't have a ton of interactions with @tidaltown, I do recall at least a couple of interactions with him on Discord when the season had just started. Not to mention his $5M bank roll is pretty impressive, especially compared to the other inactive Berserkers. Especially being selected, 33rd overall, which although doesn't guarantee anything it at least gives you hope, especially when he did show some signs of activity early on. Opposed to being redundant, you guys get the deal. He lacks in TPE being ranked 66th in his class, and hasn't been on the site since the 22nd of February. So again, I wouldn't expect a ton from him from this point on if any at all. With that being said, if teams are able to get anything at all out of him consider it a success.

Due to the lack of goaltending in Newfoundland, Aaron found himself with 20 GP's by seasons end. As the backup Aaron could have definitely performed worse, finishing with a record of 8-8-1 and a save percentage of .867 and a goals against average of 3.38. Again, you can only expect so much from a backup goalie who didn't even break 200 TPE.

Once again, similarly to all other inactives, if he's drafted that's great! I hope said team is able to get something out of him for his sake, and their sake. Otherwise he's gonna be another bust that comes and goes.

Pick value: Most likely undrafted (Again, if he is able to prove to b something, then that's totally awesome. Besides that, it's hard to forecast anything different.)

Mattias Birdstrom - RW 184 TPE @BlackLabelBird
Bank Balance: $-500k

Although we're getting through the meat of the inactive Newfoundland rookies there's at least some differences that could give you hope if you were to take a flier on each one of these guys respectively. In Birdstrom's case he's at least in the Newfoundland discord, have I ever interacted with him, or seen him online in the discord? No, but him being there is at least a start. Again, his bank roll could definitely be better as he is currently -$500,000, and as you could probably expect he doesn't possess any jobs within the league. He also has the same amount of TPE as Ryan Aaron, however he has been online more recently as his last login was March 10th. Overall, it gets hard to expect a lot, if anything at all from these guys who are picked late in the Juniors draft, especially Birdstrom who was picked in the 18th round in which I would guess was compensatory.

In what is a common theme among the inactives, they are surprisingly producing on the ice. Birdstrom, who played 4th line wing throughout S52 would finish with 5 goals and 8 assists for 13 total points and a +/- of -4. Definitely an impressive feat given there's active players who finished with less points then he did.

Will he be drafted? No, probably not. With that being said his draft value is gonna be the same as Aaron's, to no surprise.

Pick value: Most likely undrafted (Again, if he is able to prove to b something, then that's totally awesome. Besides that, it's hard to forecast anything different.)

Gregory Stiemsma - C 171 TPE @dev_rob
Bank Balance: $4M

As we continue to get further down the list of inactives, not only am I seeing names I've never seen (which as you can probably tell isn't a good thing) but the hope of them eventually doing anything within the SHL becomes slimmer and slimmer. Again, Stiesma obviously doesn't possess any jobs within the league, but he is also not even in the Newfoundland discord, so the hope of him ever being active is once again getting slimmer and slimmer. On the bright side, he has a $4,000,000 bank balance, which I guess is good for nothing? In terms of TPE totals he is 77th of 88 prospects with a total of 171 TPE. Not only that, but he is up to this point the prospect who hasn't been on for the longest period of time, not logging in since January 23rd, 10 days after his initial signup date.

Similarly to his inactive counterparts, Stiesma also produced at a decent level given the little amount of off-ice production we've seen from him up to this point. Stiesma finished S52 with 7 goals and 13 assists, good for 20 points. He also put up a +/- of +1, all of this as the Berserkers 3rd line center.

Once again it is fair to say he won't be drafted to an SHL team, so the extent of his career will probably be with the Berserkers... or potentially a different SMJHL team if he does hit waivers eventually.

Pick Value: I'd put money on him never returning back to the SHL, with that being said I'd say he's 10000% gonna be undrafted and no GM's should end up regretting skipping out on him.

3313 words, spreadsheet analysis, statistic research and too much looking into inactives. (ready for grading)

[Image: minadsslatt.png]

clean

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

clean

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

clean

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 09:22 PM by juke.)

ty for the big hype Potts! It's a shame our IAs stopped updating cause they would've broken rookie records at their scoring paces with low TPE. Love our LR and hopefully us top 4 rookies can help get you a cup before you move on to the big leagues!

Edit: nvm I meant to say 'clean'

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

03-11-2020, 09:21 PMSmalinowski7 Wrote: ty for the big hype Potts! It's a shame our IAs stopped updating cause they would've broken rookie records at their scoring paces with low TPE. Love our LR and hopefully us top 4 rookies can help get you a cup before you move on to the big leagues

all love Juke, let’s get a cup for the sake of all of us not me baby!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2020, 10:26 PM by Lime.)

03-11-2020, 09:21 PMSmalinowski7 Wrote: clean

clean

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

03-11-2020, 10:25 PMNeonLime Wrote:
03-11-2020, 09:21 PMSmalinowski7 Wrote: clean

clean

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Stop giving away the NL secrets.....

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

03-11-2020, 11:50 PMSDCore Wrote: Stop giving away the NL secrets.....

ur just saying that because you want some of our boys to end up in syndicate