Create Account

Draft prospect profile: Aumy Jr. - X2 MEDIA
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 03:22 AM by st4rface.)

SMJHL draft comes closer and closer. Few days and all young prospects will have their place. They will have their home and will be official members of one SMJHL team. How high they will be drafted and which team will draft them? That's the question on who will have answer only after Sunday.

Upcoming draft is full of defenders which is pretty rare, to be honest. There are only few goalies and only 2 - 3 decent centers and 2 - 3 decent wingers. Half draft is stacked with a lot of ''no future'' players and other half is stacked with a lot of defenders and few other players who have really bright future. Draft is really unpredictable!

There are more than 50 available players for upcoming draft, but only 10 - 15 are really worth it and are hard working players, to be honest. One of them is defender from Finland - Aumy Jr., who is only 18 years old and ready to come in SMJHL to prove that he is future of SHL and one of the greatest hockey defenders of all-time. Today we are looking at his draft prospect profile and at the end of that, we will ask him few questions about hockey, upcoming draft and his training routine aswell.

[Image: 64afc58ae51c74f411d5aa43b08d667f.jpg]

Finland Finland Finland
Aumy Jr.
Born: Finland, Helsinki
Position: Defender
Number: #81
Personal coach: Retired SHL player and his dad - Reinis Aumeisters (playing career from S27 till S42)
Hobbies: Rap music, motocross, video games and broadcasting (commentating)
Favorite food: Sushi
Favorite NHL team: Chicago Blackhawks
Favorite NHL player: Marcel Hossa
Comments about player: Aumy Jr. is a two-way defender who can score and be great at defense at the same time. Definitely a team player who's priority is a victory for his team. He has a great work ethic and great future not only in SMJHL, but SHL aswell. Friendly, humble and competitive aswell. High hockey IQ, understands everything and can make right decision in every situation on ice. Underdog.
His own thoughts about himself as a player: Great at defense, good at offense. Team player, hard working player and definitely one of the greatest players of upcoming draft class. Loyal to his team and team Finland!

[Image: tsxywMP9vks6RQWZschZ3WMqngK2afAhCtbcR_2r...-Jjw_Ux1NQ]

Question: What type of player you are? Do you care more about your stats or team winning?
Aumy Jr.: I am pretty simple dude. My priority is to get that W for my team. I care about winning. I will be more happy if my team wins that if we lose and I get like three goals and two assists. Statistics is important for a player as a individual, but winning comes first.

Question: Which team would you want to get drafted on?
Aumy Jr.: SMJHL is competitive. All teams are good and interesting. There are some favorites for me, but I will not get mad if any other team will draft me aswell. I just want a chance to prove myself and some decent amount of ice time.

Question: Do you know which team will draft you?
Aumy Jr.: No! I have talked with few teams and we discussed chance about drafting me, but none of them haven't said that they will 100% draft me. I am opened to play on any time, just if I get some decent amount of ice time.

Question: Can you tell us your plans and goals as a hockey player in future?
Aumy Jr.: Primary is to get ready for SHL. I will spend all five possible seasons on SMJHL to get ready for big league. In that time I want to prove that I am future of SHL and win a championship with my SMJHL team aswell. After that - I want to be good on SHL and help my team to get championship on big league aswell. Of course, dream of playing for team Finland on IIHF is real aswell. My dad was playing on team Finland and I wanna go in his steps.

Question: How much time do you spend on workouts and trainings individually?
Aumy Jr.: Besides team trainings, I do cardio individually in the morning of everyday and put a lot of time in workouts aswell. I watch a lot of hockey videos aswell to get better at every aspect I possibly can.

Question: Do you care how high will you be drafted?
Aumy Jr.: Nah, dude! My dad was late 6th round pick on SMJHL draft on S27. On S28 SHL draft, he was late 2nd round pick. At the end of his career, he was one of the greatest players of that draft class. He spent 4 seasons on SMJHL and was such a beast. After that - 13 seasons on SHL and he played six times on team Finland aswell. Almost 1000 total games combined for that low pick! Isn't that crazy? I don't care which pick I will be. We have been underdogs for life and I will be great no matter what - first or last pick. I know I am worth it of first pick and I will prove it, but other people don't believe in you. And that's okay for me, because this hockey dream wasn't theirs in the first place. I am just proving them all wrong!

Question: What do you expect for upcoming draft? Which pick do you think you will be, which team will draft you? What you will wear on draft day?
Aumy Jr.: Well, it's unpredictable. We can see some trades before draft and pick owners can change. I think I will be somewhere in first three rounds though. Would be cool to be a first rounder or even lottery pick, but that ain't my priority. Don't know which team will draft me either. On draft day we will see that! Plus, I am 100% wearing my blue suit just to rep my home Finland.

Aumy Jr. wants to remind all GMs and teams that he is ready to play for every team - he just wants to get decent amount of play time. He wants to spend great time with other players, be in front of friendly teammates and at the same time, fight for SMJHL champion title. He wishes every other good luck on upcoming draft and can't wait for Sunday!

1041 words

Stars Stars Stars

Nice writeup about your player!

Good luck and have fun!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway