Create Account

Draft day: interviews with draft prospects - X2 MEDIA

It's officialy draft day! Sunday is here and all S53 SMJHL draft prospects are ready to be chosen by one of SMJHL teams. All these players who will get drafted, already are on Manhattan Rage arena, where will happen draft. They are talking with media and giving interviews. So, we asked few players to answer to our questions.

A lot of rumors going on right now at league aswell. There are rumors about upcoming draft pick trades and that teams could take some specific players, but it's all rumors. What will happen in reality, we will see only tonight and it's unpredictable till that! This is only first part of draft prospect interviews. Today, we will have some more media like this, where we will hear answers to most interesting questions.

[Image: 9702656.jpg]

We asked PBJ Souppan ( @thevoicelesscreator ) to give answers to few questions about upcoming draft and he was happy to give answers!

Question: Congratulations, buddy! It's draft day and you are probably very hyped! What type of outfit you will wear on draft?
PBJ Souppan: Thanks! I will definitely wear a Penguin suit with a bow tie. Sitting on my couch with family, but have to look dapper.

Question: Sounds cool! What do you think - which team will pick you and with which pick?
PBJ Souppan: I really don't know! I'm getting mocked at #9, but I really don't know these teams well enough to say which team might need my services the most.

Question: Is it really important for you which pick you will be and how high you will be drafted?
PBJ Souppan: It's not important, unless I'm drafted 10th pick overall or later. After that, someone passed on me and that's a chip in my shoulder that will drive me to be better until I'm the best in this league.

Question: There are a lot of draft prospects. Which of them have very bright future in your opinion?
PBJ Souppan: All of these draftees have a bright future. We get to play hockey professionally! It doesn't get much better than that. It's hard to say who will succeed though. I could get drafted tommorow and break my leg during training camp *knocks heavily on wood*. I will let the big man upstairs figure that out.

Question: Is there anything you wish to other draft prospects?
PBJ Souppan: Good luck to all my brothers and sisters in this draft. All of you deserve success and I hope you will find your version of it, eventually.

Question: Any last words to GM's and possible team that will draft you? 
PBJ Souppan: To the GM's... There are no wrong decisions - simply decisions. Pick who you will pick, but know that decision will stay with you forever. Best of luck to all players and GM's.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Next player was defender from Finland - 18 years old prospect with strong hockey bloodline - Aumy Jr. ( @st4rface ).

Question: Aumy! It's draft day! Best of luck today! What type of outfit you will wear on draft?
Aumy Jr.: Oh, yeah! Hype is real, thanks for best wishes! This is important day to me, my family and my country aswell. I will rep my boys from Finland and wear blue/white type suit with Finland flag. Finland is where I come from and it's really important for me.

Question: Seems like Finland means a lot to you! What do you think - which team will pick you and with which pick?
Aumy Jr.: Finland is my country! One day I will play for them for IIHF, so no brainer that I will rep them! About upcoming draft - I don't know! I could get drafted by any team and at any pick. Which team I want to get drafted on is a different story!

Question: Sounds interesting! But, is it really important for you which pick you will be and how high you will be drafted?
Aumy Jr.: I think it's cool to be drafted as high as possible, but it's not really important. My dad was late 6th round pick at S26 SMJHL draft and late 2nd round S27 SHL draft. At the end of his career he was a legend and a beast. So it's no matter how high will you get drafted - it's more important to put in hard work to get better. But of course, I will not lie - I will be happy if I will get drafted high, cause I really deserve it.

Question: You really deserve it! There are a lot of draft prospects who will get drafted aswell. Which of them have very bright future in your opinions? Some underdogs?
Aumy Jr.: All these prospects will be drafted, because they all have bright future. They all are special and good hockey players. Of course, there are some underdogs like William Lockwood or PBJ Souppan, but they all will get their recognition very fast.

Question: Your first season on SMJHL will not be easy. What's your prediction about your individual statistics and awards?
Aumy Jr.: Hopefully, Four Star Cup as a team. Individually - we will see. I think it's based on how we will play as a team and how good chemistry we will have. Hopefully, I will good as a team player and individually aswell.

Question: Best of luck on the new season, but before that - is there anything you want to wish to other draft prospects and your rivals?
Aumy Jr.: We are rivals, but a lot of us are friends aswell. Just want to wish them good luck on upcoming draft and new season. Prove these people that you are future of SHL and do your best to be a future Hall of Famer.

Question: Great interview, Aumy! Last, but not least question - any last words to GM's and teams before draft?
Aumy Jr.: I think that we had a lot of time to talk with GM's and teams. It's draft day! They already have made their choices, so I can just wish them that they don't make wrong choice. It's not easy to make a choice, so good luck to them aswell.

[Image: cut.jpeg]

One of the least known players which we invited to interview was a defender from Czech Republic - Slimey Snail ( @FleshBagSoup ). Player was really scared and excited at the same time and he answered all questions pretty shortly.

Question: Hey, Slimey. Got some time for interview?
Slimey Snail: Hey. Yeah, I got you!

Question: Draft day is here! Your big day! What type of outfit you will wear on draft?
Slimey Snail: I will wear a taco costum!

Question: That's something original! What do you think - which team will pick you and with which pick?
Slimey Snail: I don't think I will get picked early. Team? I don't know.

Question: Is it really important for you how high you will be drafted?
Slimey Snail: Pick number doesn't matter to me.

Question: That's great mentality! There are a lot of great hockey players who will get drafted today. Is there any who have really bright future in your opinion?
Slimey Snail: I don't know anything about any other draftees, so I don't have any thoughts.

Question: Ohh! What do you wish to other draftees and do you have some last words for GM's and all teams before upcoming draft?
Slimey Snail: I hope everyone will be happy with team they get drafted on. I hope everyone has a good time, because that's the most important thing.

I will remind all people - draft is tonight, 15th March, 7:00 PM EDT time. Best of luck to all draftees and draft prospects! All draft prospects and GM's have big work in their ways so they definitely need luck and power to manage their things go in their ways! I want to remind y'll that today will come out second part of this type of interviews before upcoming draft.

1306 words

Stars Stars Stars

I like it. great job

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]