Create Account

Offseason Time-Waster #1 - Which SHL team has the best logo?

Toronto, hands down. The design is timeless. It's like the Bruins, the Maple Leafs, the Red Wings, or the Sabers. They have logos that are timeless. They may be decades old, some of them almost a hundred years old, but they still look great on a jersey without having to be like some kinda "cool throwback jersey". Buffalo Stampede is runner up for just about the same reason.

[Image: Fred.png]
[Image: PeZ8eh1.png] [Image: r2pSvNf.png]

Any of the logos I made. I am proud of my work and stand by it.

SO:

FALCONS
EDM
NOLA
MAN (although much of it is ripped)
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 03:33 PM by JamesT.)

The SHL team that has the best logo would have to be the Edmonton  Blizzard as I have grown to love and adore our logo. It is easily distinguishable and blue is one of my favourite colours! It is also awesome whenever I see our fans wearing  Blizzard  jerseys, shirts, hoodies, hats etc.

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla for the player signatures! 

New Orleans color scheme is cool and I like the fleur-de-lis background. I don't hate any of them because even the ones that are not the greatest, well, they are still better than anything I could do!

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

The Jets have a great and patriotic logo, showing the Royal Canadian Air Force fighter jet soaring above the city of Winnipeg and protecting from threats foreign and domestic. Nothing brings your patriotism to the fore like a display of the hardware produced by the military-industrial complex!

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

03-16-2020, 10:22 AMGeekusoid Wrote: I may catch a bunch of flack from the 'Peg locker-room for this, but Chicago has my vote.  The whole concept of the Chicago "gang world", and the black/yellow/gray color scheme just flows extremely well in my eyes (and from a graphics design standpoint).

Though I was toying around one day, and I pitched this to the 'Peg management.  If they ever wanted to rebrand, I'd pick something like "Manitoba Monsters"

[Image: 7O3NHPn.jpg]

But in retrospect...its way too color-schemed like a monster energy drink to be worthwhile haha!

I have to respectfully disagree with the claim of Chicago. While I think that their current new logo is a step up from the old one, they are inherently held back by the yellow and black color scheme which is more akin to a city like Pittsburgh. As someone who lives in Chicago, the inclusion of the "Y" symbol is even questionable to me as that symbol is most definitely not something that comes to mind when I think Chicago. I will admit that their usage of the four stars is a step in the right direction, I still wonder about the out of place diamond behind the head of the gangster.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

03-16-2020, 02:26 PMsuavemente Wrote: Big Fan of Specters and Rage. Having Black as secondary color is a strong choice and really makes the teams feel hard. As a sharks fan and recent Tampa Bay draftee I would also say Tampa has a litt logo.

I'm calling bullshit on the Rage answer, mostly because with their logo saying bullshit for it makes me laugh because I have the maturity of a 12 year old child.

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

03-16-2020, 03:42 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
03-16-2020, 02:26 PMsuavemente Wrote: Big Fan of Specters and Rage. Having Black as secondary color is a strong choice and really makes the teams feel hard. As a sharks fan and recent Tampa Bay draftee I would also say Tampa has a litt logo.

I'm calling bullshit on the Rage answer, mostly because with their logo saying bullshit for it makes me laugh because I have the maturity of a 12 year old child.
Love that you are still rocking the sig! Notice I said Specters first.
[Image: 150?cb=20160521211509]

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 03:53 PM by StadiumGambler.)

Top Tier:
Specters

High Tier:
Dragons Blizzard Rage syndicate 

Mid Tier:
pride Wolfpack Renegades Platoon Jets 

Low Tier:
Stampede Steelhawks Panthers Chiefs Barracuda Stars

Specters whole deal is growing on me, though I'm hoping for an alt soon where we see whats under the hood.

Calgary and Edmonton have appeal due to my love for the animals and colours within, Rage has appeal cause of the colours and the bull being sufficiently enraged, even if NBA Chicago should probably be suing them. I actually like new Syndicate logo less than the old one and would drop it to mid-tier later.

San Fran's purple and yellow comes off as sorta cheesy to me even though i don't mind the lion, Wolfpack logo got downgraded, Texas would be high with the American flag facecloth alt as a main, Jets is okay, Platoon is okay.

In terms of jerseys its a different list overall maybe, but the low tier logos just don't do it for me. LA in particular is just weird cause I never was a fan of the Sharks rebranding to a sorta similar color scheme in the 2000s, even if the orange was less influential.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

03-16-2020, 03:48 PMsuavemente Wrote:
03-16-2020, 03:42 PMslothfacekilla Wrote: I'm calling bullshit on the Rage answer, mostly because with their logo saying bullshit for it makes me laugh because I have the maturity of a 12 year old child.
Love that you are still rocking the sig! Notice I said Specters first.
[Image: 150?cb=20160521211509]

I removed my sig rotator to roll exclusively with your beauty, that Specters logo in it just really speaks to me as it is the best logo in the SHL

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

When I joined the site I really liked both Barracuda and Steelhawks logos, no idea why but those were ones that I liked most, that doesn't make them maybe best but if I'd pick a favorite it might be Barracuda. After getting used to Texas I really have grown to like it but would say that maybe best ones in my opinion are Rage, Edmonton and new Chicago.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

I like the rage logos because I am on the rage and if you mess with the bulls you get the horns. And no one wants the horns... do you?

[Image: seamus.png]

Credit to Vulfzilla for the awesome render pic
[Image: gXlAFBa.png]|| [Image: 8CbZQAJ.png]

The Winnipeg Jets have the best logo, in my opinion. Good mix of the city and the team name is absolutely sweet, and done in with fantastic design.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Hard one. All the team logos are so clean and creative. The Toronto North Stars logo is quite pretty but I might have to give it to the Chicago Syndicate for the level of detail on it.

Anthony Archer - S49 12th Overall
1x IIHF Silver Medalist (S51)
2x WJC Gold Medalist (S48, S49)
2x Four Star Cup Finalist (S48, S50)
SMJHL: 42G 40A 82P 304HIT // SHL: 17G 17A 34P 326HIT

[Image: AA42.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2020, 04:37 PM by notoriousTRON.)

I'm going to go with the Minnesota Chiefs Chiefs . I like the unique color scheme of dark green, white and maroon. I would think the image of the Chief is only mildly offensive since it has no cartoonish elements. Therefore they have a low probability of being bullied into re-branding.

On the other hand, I also enjoy teams with simple, recognizable symbols like Buffalo Stampede and Toronto Stars . The color schemes are simple and the logo is recognizable at a glance. It's the reason why the Flyers, Red Wings, Bruins, Canadiens, and Maple Leafs have such great logos in the NHL. The simplistic nature of these logos is timeless and classic IMO and I think both Buffalo and Toronto have logos like that in the SHL.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]