Create Account

S52 Nominations - Stevens & McKeil
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2020, 12:43 PM by karlssens.)

03-23-2020, 12:35 PMInf1d3l Wrote:
03-23-2020, 12:31 PMkarlssens Wrote: y'all looking at +/- way too significantly. Every player on Manhattan was positive, every player on Tampa was negative. While I can't speak for every committee member, it wasn't a distinguishing stat for me.
What jumped out for me was Evans had 17 goals, 17 ppp, 88 blocks, 948 steals and a STL/TO ratio of 1.178. McCarthy had 3 goals, 14 ppp, 47 blocks, 853 steals and a STL/TO ratio of 0.991. Again I can't speak for everyone voting, but I don't have either of these guys winning the Stevens.

By this logic McCarthy also had the highest PPP60 in the league, a list Evans wasn't on.

8.48 vs Evans' 5.83 so ya, you got me there. He also has more assists and hits, but everyone evaluates players differently.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

I didn't agree with the Evans votes either, but there are multiple other guys that I would've nominated over him or McCarthy, namely Lockhart, Toner or Kalju who all scored at pretty much the same rate, but had better all-around defensive metrics.

nikolai evans is a stud

[Image: 3.png]

03-23-2020, 01:47 PMJSS Wrote: nikolai evans is a stud

He's really not though.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

03-23-2020, 01:53 PMztevans Wrote:
03-23-2020, 01:47 PMJSS Wrote: nikolai evans is a stud

He's really not though.

he is shhhh

[Image: 3.png]

03-23-2020, 01:54 PMJSS Wrote:
03-23-2020, 01:53 PMztevans Wrote: He's really not though.

he is shhhh

Don't worry, I've gotten very good at shhhh lately.

Apologies to any and all who were snubbed by my fake hockey player's existence this season, especially since the attention directed towards him in this thread is more than I've devoted to him all season. :(

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

The only metric I care about is if they're on my team.

Evans is on my team, therefore he will win

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

03-23-2020, 12:31 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
03-23-2020, 12:29 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: On second viewing actually its close. You can make a case for either tbh, but yeah I personally don't agree with Evans. But I mean if you weigh goals/points relative to the rest of the team heavily yeah Evans would make sense.
For forwards, I think this argument would make more sense. He’s a defenseman though, and I think being -15 or whatever it is exactly is a pretty harsh indictment on his defensive ability
Yeah and not only that but his relative corsi is actually negative, meaning that TBB allowed more shots attempts on average with him on the ice. McCarthy and Lockhart both had strong corsi numbers that were also above their team average.

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

imagine hating on karl

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

03-23-2020, 04:14 PMGwdjohnson Wrote:
03-23-2020, 12:31 PM39alaska39 Wrote: For forwards, I think this argument would make more sense. He’s a defenseman though, and I think being -15 or whatever it is exactly is a pretty harsh indictment on his defensive ability
Yeah and not only that but his relative corsi is actually negative, meaning that TBB allowed more shots attempts on average with him on the ice. McCarthy and Lockhart both had strong corsi numbers that were also above their team average.
Relative CORSI is also a very useless statistic just on par with plus/minus, at least in my opinion. For example, it will likely hurt players who are consistently matched up with opponents' best players. Really, the only situation in which it can be helpful is for giving some attention to players with bad CORSI but high relative CORSI.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]