Create Account

Do you use Light or Dark theme?

04-14-2020, 11:10 PMNeonLime Wrote:
04-14-2020, 10:55 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I use dark mode everything, including SHL, but it's really frustrating when formatting stuff causes the colour clash stopping me from reading text unless I highlight it.
if an article is fucked up i just don't read it

they shoulda thought about that before they posted it

Starting to adopt that philosophy too

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

04-14-2020, 10:55 PMGwdjohnson Wrote: I use dark mode everything, including SHL, but it's really frustrating when formatting stuff causes the colour clash stopping me from reading text unless I highlight it.

lime out here with the TRUTH

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

dark theme is better because it keeps my bathroom dark just like this wonderful post by @efiug describes. https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=105394

I use dark theme because I'm not a heathen

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

04-14-2020, 10:17 PMcharlieconway Wrote: I use light because i don't like how dark the dark theme is

I'd love to have a theme that matches the grays of Discord's dark theme.

Also I just want to reassure people that I am deeply ashamed of using the light theme, and ideologically I'm dark theme 4 lyfe in pretty much everything else.

If you haven't been introduced to discord ultra dark mode I highly suggest it

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

Some of us don't even know if its visible or not.  I use dark theme, write my shit and don't touch anything else!  Am I good?

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

04-15-2020, 12:01 AMSnoopdogg Wrote:
04-14-2020, 11:10 PMNeonLime Wrote: if an article is fucked up i just don't read it

Some of us don't even know if its visible or not.  I use dark theme, write my shit and don't touch anything else!  Am I good?
You should be good for the most part but if you ever want to check, when you are typing a message in the full message box there is an option on the far right called view source. Click on that and it shows formatting. It will the big one for readability is color being super dark. if there is no color formatting it just uses the default for the theme being viewed. Usually weird formatting comes from copy/pasting from my experience.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Since I'm apparently the only psycho on this website that uses MyIPB i'll defend myself. The icons pictured below quickly show me everything I need to know about a thread, make much more sense than the SHL themes. This in particular lets me keep track of which player progression tasks I still need to do, and when claims thread is updated. I understand SHL themes have that as well but the icons are wack and dont make any sense.

[Image: XWmpThA.png]
Lastly I'm gonna use this moment to call out two players: @Rindiee and @RaginCajun. Love your work boys. Big fan, but something about your signatures sends this theme berserk. Every post following one of your's is shifted off the page and basically breaks the thread. This is not your faults and in this case I will quickly switch to SHL Dark Theme, and then go back after reading the comments below yours. For the longest time I didn't know I was missing out on so many comments due to this! So if you both could just stop posting or unfuckify your signature, much love (jk its not a big deal..... unlesss....) Smile 
[Image: JEFtXRc.png]
As you can see on the right looks like there are a some shifted over posts and I can almost guess the one on the bottom is Esso. No clue why it does it to y'all's sigs, but oh well.
But yea MyIPB is lit, aside from some shenanigans when it comes to signature formatting. Also imagine using SHL Dark theme and not being able to see drop shadows on .png transparency art. LMAO weak eye'd plebs.

[Image: BwbJPcz.png]

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber