Create Account

S53 WFT #4 - Make The Case

Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP

He is the leader in my International locker room so it would be dumb to bet against Wagstrom. But seriously, can you vote against someone that skates so majestically up and down the ice. I think not.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Code:
The Los Angeles Panthers will finish the regular season atop the Western Conference

It pains me to say this but I disagree. I think it is too much of a crapshoot with Edmonton and it is very possible that LA loses a couple games while Edmonton wins a couple and the table turns. Ask me around game 45.

Code:
45 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Someone with 425 or fewer tpe will win the smjhl mvp.

I think without a doubt the mvp will be awarded to Edward Williams of the Detroit falcons. He is an active 2nd year player with 350 tpe who leads the league in points, meaning I am for this position.

[Image: vDWeWJB.png]
Sig By Carpy48
Selected #14 Overall to the Colorado Raptors
Selected #9 Overall to the Calgary Dragons
Finland Dragons Raptors
[Image: zdXC6eb.png][Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

Code:
Toronto will "beat out" Tampa Bay for the worst team in the league

I really believe the league is just making it seem close between the two teams in who's the worst in the league. Toronto on paper is by far worse than Tampa, Toronto's on track to have the same season as the last Simon T. and you can't potentially get worse after that.

[Image: Crossfit.gif]

[Image: CFJ1.gif]

Thanks to prettyburn, TML, Carpy, JNH, Jepox, Engi, Karey, Flappy, Skolpadder, Mook, DollarAndADream, Smirnov and Toe for the sigs.

Code:
Crossfit's First Career SHL Goal, 4. Manhattan Rage , Crossfit Jesus 1 (Pedro Sarantez, Nucky Toohoots) at 5:51

Code:
Devitt's First Career SHL Goal, 5. Calgary Dragons , Prince Devitt 1 (Barry Batsbak 21, Mike Izzy 14) at 10:43

Code:
Ola Wagstrom is the SHL MVP

Hard to argue with this. Ola leads all players in goals with 33 which is 8 more than the next player. Ola also has the most shots on net.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Andrej Doskocil is the toughest guy in the SHL

ima say FOR because even if there are others who are comparable Andrej still has a few seasons to come into full form. he is absolutely crushing people out there and as if that isnt enough abuse on his body... he isnt afraid to throw it out in front of a puck either.

The player with the most assists in this season will have the most assists in a season in SHL history (current record is Elias Armia's 60 from the Inflation Era in S11)

Not sure who leads the league right now in assists or what they're at but regardless i'm still going to say yes to this and if not i expect this along with many other records to be broken soon in the new fhm era

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Big supporter of Cal Covid winning the rookie of the year award. It's not common for a goalie to jump into a starting role in the SMJHL, nevermind truly excelling at it. I am super stoked to see, despite how shitty his name is, how well he's performed in his rookie season. Inspirational stuff.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Code:
Someone with fewer than 425 TPE will win the SMJHL MVP award

Edward Williams is going to win the MVP as a 350 cap player, and I don't think it's going to be remotely close barring a remarkable surge by Mitchell van der Heijden or one of St. Louis' top 3 forwards (Tron, Zaporozhets, Dangelchek). Williams is at 50 points through 37 games while van der Heijden is at 39 with 2 more games played. The St. Louis players have 2 games in hand on Detroit but that won't be enough to close the gap. Mega Tron, for example, would have to put up 15 points in those 2 games to equal Edward Williams' 50 points in 37 games. St. Louis has been playing better as of late, but I think Detroit is all but a lock for the Laurifer and Williams for the MVP.

Word count: over 25 Tongue

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

04-17-2020, 12:06 AMMike Izzy Wrote: Andrej Doskocil is the toughest guy in the SHL

against.

This man is having a great season and definitely someone to look out for in the next line of deviant creatures.. but to be fair you got to be doing it at that level for a little longer then half a season before you become heralded as the flag ship tough guy.

Mike Izzy is 170 hits away from becoming the SHL’s all time hits leader at 3435... a record that's held for more than 25 seasons. until he retires he’s the bruiser daddy.
If we're talking FHM era though, Izzy isn't anywhere close this season (38 PIM, 133 H; as of today). You could even say Shaquille Derisraka is tougher than Doskocil (104 PIM, 214 H) with his superior PIM and Hits numbers (122 PIM, 221 H).

Not discounting Izzy's reputation as a bruiser overall (no doubt he's slowing down in his old age Tongue) but by numbers alone, Shaq is the best at the moment.

Code:
Andrej Doskocil is the toughest guy in the SHL

Against! What, just because he's in the SHL and im in the SMJHL makes him tougher? I may be in the juniors but i could 100% kick his ass any day of the week!

Code:
Detroit will win the 4-Star Cup

I'm gonna bite on this one as well and say against.

Detroit is no doubt the cup favorites at the moment with their 6 total losses this season but if history has taught us anything, you'd be a fool to trust the regular season stats at face value. FHM has created the opportunity for teams to specifically target players and strategies with their own tactics, something we haven't seen before in sim leagues. I'd say FHM knowledge is still relatively low compared to STHS but there's certainly teams that have caught on faster than others. If one of those teams get matched with Detroit in playoffs and play them correctly, we could certainly see an upset.

I wouldn't say it's likely but the possibility is there.

Some of the greatest managers in the league are in the West right now, I'd find it hard to argue that the East is better than the West especially with the tank fight in the bottom of the East.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

With how well his team has played, be and got well he has performed, he is Mvp for sure. Although other teams have had success, none so much so far as NEW

Toronto and Tampa Bay are in the battle of quadriplegic irradiated deaf mutes locked into a death struggle for last place. Not sure why they are fighting to be so bad but by George they are putting their best effort into it. Tampa at least is a young team that is struggling with the low tpe numbers. Toronto is a team that has been trying so long to be absolute garbage and has finally achieved its lifelong goals. Tampa has a future there is no evidence of such in Toronto.

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]