Create Account

Allow conversion of over-capped TPE to uncapped

what is the point of the cap if not to stop you from going over? If you go over, isn't the cap doing it's job? Why try to circumvent it?

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Eliminate tpe completely. Get rid of the salary cap on teams. No one will be elite.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

down with the cap >:(

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2020, 04:03 PM by kenvald.)

04-30-2020, 03:39 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: what is the point of the cap if not to stop you from going over?  If you go over, isn't the cap doing it's job? Why try to circumvent it?

Fair point. I wasn't looking to try and circumvent the cap. More to give those that have a great season when it comes to both PTs(user) and milestones(player) a pat on the back. Also because I've heard multiple people mention that milestones are borderline useless because they're usually lost to the cap.

Perhaps cash would be a better reward in this case if we want to keep a hard TPE cap. Using a cash reward instead could help first-gens and those without jobs to pad their banks a little.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Get rid of the cap.

It adds unnecessary steps for updaters, it adds confusion for first-gen players in their +1 season, it annoys people because veteran players can miss some PTs and WFTs and rely on their milestones while others need to do 95% of tasks just to hit the cap.

If you want to blame burnout, I don't buy it. Most members who are at risk of "burnout" on PTs are already done them all and are left sitting claiming no capped TPE for simple tasks like milestones, IIHF predictions, Playoff predictions and Finals predictions.

This is coming from someone who once left the site because of burnout.

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

04-30-2020, 03:06 PMkenvald Wrote: There are multiple suggestions in this thread on how we could handle it. I like ideas such as giving an extra TPE reward when completing all PTs, or awarding cash for each TPE above the cap. Maybe milestones should reward cash instead?

But it seems impossible to please everyone. And I'm new here since November so I don't have any experience of a cap-less world. To me it does sound like a good idea in theory, to level the playing field ever so slightly. It'd be good to hear from someone who's had a positive experience with the cap.

I'm one of the rare few that is benefiting from the cap, but entirely due to my own errors. As a rookie last year, I didn't do SHL predictions because I didn't know to (my fault all the other rookies did) so started S53 behind in capped TPE. I also got cute with my S53 mock draft and submitted a few minutes too late (my fault). To complete my idiocy, I simply forgot to do the S53 awards prediction. That's 11 capped TPE that I missed on in S53 (yes, all my fault).

With 7 milestone TPE and hopefully some more IIHF/other opportunities, I might be able to make it up to the cap and not fall too far behind my class in that regard.

This is not to say I'm a fan of the cap, because I don't plan on making these mistakes again, but it does show one real world situation where the cap was helpful to someone.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

04-30-2020, 04:28 PMLordBirdman Wrote:
04-30-2020, 03:06 PMkenvald Wrote: There are multiple suggestions in this thread on how we could handle it. I like ideas such as giving an extra TPE reward when completing all PTs, or awarding cash for each TPE above the cap. Maybe milestones should reward cash instead?

But it seems impossible to please everyone. And I'm new here since November so I don't have any experience of a cap-less world. To me it does sound like a good idea in theory, to level the playing field ever so slightly. It'd be good to hear from someone who's had a positive experience with the cap.

I'm one of the rare few that is benefiting from the cap, but entirely due to my own errors.  As a rookie last year, I didn't do SHL predictions because I didn't know to (my fault all the other rookies did) so started S53 behind in capped TPE. I also got cute with my S53 mock draft and submitted a few minutes too late (my fault). To complete my idiocy, I simply forgot to do the S53 awards prediction.  That's 11 capped TPE that I missed on in S53 (yes, all my fault).

With 7 milestone TPE and hopefully some more IIHF/other opportunities, I might be able to make it up to the cap and not fall too far behind my class in that regard.

This is not to say I'm a fan of the cap, because I don't plan on making these mistakes again, but it does show one real world situation where the cap was helpful to someone.

Hadn't thought about it helping people that simply forget to do PTs. There's a lot around this cap that needs to be considered Smile

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

personally i think the cap is a very flawed system. (using S51 for my data)

1.) the amount of tpe you get doesn't correspond well with how much effort the task takes, you can copy someone else's awards, season, playoff and draft predictions and get 15 tpe out of it plus some uncapped tpe if the person you are copying from knows what they are doing or is lucky.

2.) there is little capped tpe actually available. there was 42 capped tpe available from point tasks in s51 so missing just one point task means you have to rely on milestones to hit the cap.

3.) the whole idea of milestones is stupid as well since it strong arms worse players into doing every pt, wft, 3v3, prediction, etc to reach the cap while the better players can miss some of the less consequential pts because of milestones.

4.) why the hell are the season and award predictions from last season the ones that count for this season. If i fuck up and forget to do season and awards predictions the previous season im punished the current season. also it makes little sense to get the reward for doing something one season the season afterwards.

im presume that im one of the peope who the cap was made for, someone who is decently active but misses a pt or two here and there, but the cap has never helped close the gap between me and my peers because i've never hit it, if milestones and the cap were removed there would be little affect on how much tpe you can earn in a season.

if the cap is so desperately needed then boost the amount of capped tpe so that people who arent as active hit the cap as well.

i also dont understand the point of giving away both uncapped and capped tpe, is it to lure player that get a lot of milestones to do less valuable PTs? they'd still need to complete a few of them anyways to hit the cap. To reward good predictions? that isn't really a skill more than it is luck.

lets say for example that in S51 there was this hypothetical player in a tpe cap-less world who completed every point task and achieved every milestone possible they end up with a whopping extra 25 tpe and that was only if they were the Leading Point Scorer, Leading Goal Scorer, Most Valuable Player, Most Valuable Player According to Other Players, Playoff Most Valuable Player, Most Improved Player, Best Defenseman, Best Defensive Defenseman, Best General Manager, Best Coach, Most Dedicated Member, Won the President's Trophy, Won The Challenge Cup, and Received the Lifetime Achievement Award (which isn't awarded every season). In that extremely unlikely case I would wager that they deserve the extra 25 tpe just for the novelty of it.

and if anyone is upset at someone getting an extra 25 tpe then why arent they upset about uncapped tpe which is about half as up to luck but just as plentiful. literally the first person i looked at in the S53 claim thread got 24 uncapped tpe. and even if our super player is also lucky enough to claim an average amount of uncapped tpe through point tasks he can still fall behind by being unable to pay for equipment costs.

idk at this point im just ranting but the whole system is sorta wack, capped tpe tries to put on this illusion of parity between bad players and good players while requiring you to never miss a point task if you dont achieve any milestones while better players are given more leeway. get rid of the cap and get rid of milestones and the one thing separating player is uncapped tpe which is up to luck in a lot of cases.

cap is meaningless since the biggest disparity between players comes from uncapped tpe.

fuck equipment btw its not my fault im poor but because of it im never gonna be a good shl player really grinds my gears

05-01-2020, 04:21 AMefiug Wrote: fuck equipment btw its not my fault im poor but because of it im never gonna be a good shl player really grinds my gears

dont mention the part where i've been minimally active over the past season thats not why

05-01-2020, 04:21 AMefiug Wrote: fuck equipment btw its not my fault im poor but because of it im never gonna be a good shl player really grinds my gears

The cap is the only thing preventing more active and wealthy players from leaving you completely in the dust though. Not only will they get that 42, they will get milestones, they will buy equipment, and they will buy training every week.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

04-30-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Eliminate the cap entirely. Fuck the PT Cap.
mhm. If TPE inflation is a problem, make less PTs available or make them worth less.

5 - Chet Hillier - LD

05-01-2020, 09:46 AMPremierBromanov Wrote:

The cap is the only thing preventing more active and wealthy players from leaving you completely in the dust though. Not only will they get that 42, they will get milestones, they will buy equipment, and they will buy training every week.

a more active and wealthy player is leaving me completely in the dust already. my point is that uncapped tpe is a largely meaningless facade presented as the savior for more casual users to have a competitive edge compared to their more active counterparts, when it isnt worth much of a damn with systems in place such as milestones (which give better players more leeway on point tasks) and equipment (which widens the gap between wealthy and unwealthy more than removing the cap does)

the biggest problem with the cap is that it has little leeway for players that miss a PT or two because they forget or don't like the PT if that player doesnt also get good milestone tpe. which is why i feel that going forward we should remove capped tpe and milestones.

we dont need a system where there is both capped and uncapped tpe.

either change to something where all tpe is capped or all tpe is uncapped.

05-01-2020, 01:28 PMefiug Wrote: we dont need a system where there is both capped and uncapped tpe.

either change to something where all tpe is capped or all tpe is uncapped.

[Image: xhal6nall6b41.png]

But actually, yeah. Having some capped and some uncapped, especially across a full season as opposed to week-to-week, overcomplicates things. Either put a hard ceiling on top earners, or let them go absolutely ham. No in between.

5 - Chet Hillier - LD