Create Account

New England Wolfpack Punishment

05-19-2020, 06:54 PMBriedaqueduc Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:52 PMFrostbite Wrote: [Image: 689687299096707303.png?v=1]

I'm just here for the recipes and memes at this point, no all-thread team for Trivy :(

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

05-19-2020, 06:54 PMcrutch Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:49 PMdankoa Wrote: Posting recipes in big threads is easily the worst trend I’ve seen on this site since I joined

should start a recipes thread instead i agree with you recipes in announcement/spicy threads are stupid as fuck
real recognise real

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

05-19-2020, 06:54 PMMayuu Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:41 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: I agree, and as much as I want to ignore it, I can't. To watch a certain group of people only come in here to dunk on a guy at his lowest with zero repercussions is yet another glaring error in the way the site conducts itself. And the worst part? These people don't care, don't think there's anything wrong with what they're doing, and will continue doing it since they "aren't actually breaking the rules."

I feel bad for Ace losing a job he clearly loves and are very dedicated about. The rule is pretty freaking clear and there's precedent.

That being said, stop playing the victim. Almost all teams on the site does this when it affects someone that's not in their clique. Minny trading for McZ, McZ not getting any more chances at being a GM. Hamilton STSH shit. The list goes on and on. Everyone piles on if the right person/team is on the receiving end.

Get off your high horse.

Pretty sure NOLA was the team leading the cause in the Hamilton Sths thing too.

Honestly I agree that it's probably one of the worst parts of this site though. I try and not be causing shit anymore.

05-19-2020, 06:46 PMhhh81 Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:40 PMStamkosFan Wrote: The second time that draft was a bad mistake, but really the first one was the pick tracker’s fault. Literally when’s the last time that thing got updated? Sure, GMs have a responsibility, but that job exists to actually do something.
To be fair, bud, Head Office (albeit SMJHL) has made some precedent (in S46) that it's the GM's job to know everything, even when the pick tracker isn't fully up to date.
Last season Winnipeg lost their pick for the exact same thing. Two month old trade, pick tracker mis-entered it, trade was thrown out and the Jets lost a pick even though their GM technically did not screw up.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

My biggest issue with both of them happening in a draft is that well it happened in the draft. Two teams discussed trade with new and in the heat of the moment accepted a trade that looked fair for them. Now they both realised afterward that the team didn't even had the pick. And thus the big question is "would the teams accept the trade during draft with a different pick". I wouldnt really care it happened in 2 quick succession outside of a draft but now ...

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

05-19-2020, 06:54 PMMayuu Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:41 PMFuzzSHL Wrote: I agree, and as much as I want to ignore it, I can't. To watch a certain group of people only come in here to dunk on a guy at his lowest with zero repercussions is yet another glaring error in the way the site conducts itself. And the worst part? These people don't care, don't think there's anything wrong with what they're doing, and will continue doing it since they "aren't actually breaking the rules."

I feel bad for Ace losing a job he clearly loves and are very dedicated about. The rule is pretty freaking clear and there's precedent.

That being said, stop playing the victim. Almost all teams on the site does this when it affects someone that's not in their clique. Minny trading for McZ, McZ not getting any more chances at being a GM. Hamilton STSH shit. The list goes on and on. Everyone piles on if the right person/team is on the receiving end.

Get off your high horse.

You feel bad? Sure looks like it. The rule is clear, but its a stretch to constitute this as two punishments.

I'm not playing the victim. I'm trying to defend the guy who knows he fucked up and has a track record of not having his team punished. Yes, you're right, almost all teams on the site have their own cliques, and some players are on teams that aren't part of their own clique. The list does go on and on, but you and the rest of the guys in here memeing him to death is a fucking issue. I'm not trying to be on a high horse, but its so infuriating to see you guys in every. single. thread. memeing on people just because. you guys think its funny but would get so pissy if the same thing was done to someone in your clique.

Drop the shit and the facade.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

(This post was last modified: 05-19-2020, 06:59 PM by hotdog.)

05-19-2020, 06:47 PMJSS Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:44 PMStamkosFan Wrote: I do not believe so, if it was that’s a bad look

I just checked, draft started at 7pm on May 16th. The LAP/NEW trade was processed on May 16th at 3:48pm. So Ace was able to rely on the pick tracker during the draft.

the pick in question was not updated in the draft tracker document

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I'm sorry you don't like memes @DaftRaincloud @FuzzSHL we thought they were funny

05-19-2020, 06:56 PMHallsy Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:54 PMMayuu Wrote: I feel bad for Ace losing a job he clearly loves and are very dedicated about. The rule is pretty freaking clear and there's precedent.

Get off your high horse.

Pretty sure NOLA was the team leading the cause in the Hamilton Sths thing too.

Honestly I agree that it's probably one of the worst parts of this site though. I try and not be causing shit anymore.

Not saying dunking on Hamilton was any better, by the way. Just saying what's going on in this thread is what everyone meant by replying "toxic" in Luke's player poll.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]

05-19-2020, 06:41 PMWallflower Wrote: cant even make junior teams im out of here !
I was told you'd already gotten called up, so I skipped right over ya. Sorry! I tried to stick to just players ongoing in the J for next year

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

It would be nice for well respected members such as GM's of SHL franchises if they were always given a written write up or warning once before being fired. Like you have a bad night one night that sucks, so HO is here to tell you to smarten the fuck up you don't get 2 strikes as we want to run this place well. After that documented incident if you fuck up again well no one can say shit...@Ace is an awesome member so it doesn't seem like this is what's best for the league.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

05-19-2020, 06:48 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote: Personally...I can see the argument against the punishment, but the argument of HO to trigger the 2nd part of the rule is strong aswell - It's two separate trades. It's extremely easy to see these are two separate instances of breaking the same rule, no matter how close to each other they occured. I feel if this was anything else but trading, Ace would slip by without being removed, but he screwed the one singular thing that is ridiculously easy to prove.

Yeah it's definitely a weird situation but I guess this also goes to my point about interpreting the rule. This punishment wouldn't stand for other similar things in the rulebook where they've designated first vs. second offence punishments.

e.g. tampering, which I think is a relevant example:

First offense:
Loss of three first round draft picks
Inability to sign any free agents for one full season (preseason to end of season)
Suspension of GM's player for entire season
$10,000,000 fine to the team
Second offense:
Loss of five first round draft picks
Inability to sign any free agents for two seasons
Suspension of GM's player for two full seasons + 1 week forum ban
$20mil fine

If someone tampers Player A, then goes and tampers Player B... we wouldn't punish that as a first AND a second offence despite it being two separate instances of tampering, no?

Or we could try personal attacks:

- 1st Offense – 3 Games / 1 Week
- 2nd Offense – 5 Games / 2 Weeks

If someone, let's make up a name call them Karlz, personally attacks someone Friday afternoon, then has nothing to do on a Friday night and because he's bored he comes online and personally attacks someone else. Both are reported to HO. It'd be weird to suspend him for 3 games and then again for 5 games, no? If it's his first time getting suspended for this, he gets knocked down for a first offense and we call it a day.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

05-19-2020, 06:54 PMCitizen of Adraa Wrote:
05-19-2020, 06:48 PMSegi Wrote: The reason for that is so everything can be double checked. We've actually had situations where a team used a pick, they didn't actually possess in a draft. Cleaning up a mess like that is not fun. If GMs actually kept track of their own picks, they can tell the pick tracker and HO if it isn't up to date and a slacking pick tracker can be reprimanded or replaced. If everyone blindly trusts the pick tracker, no one realizes when he stops updating and terrible messes happen.

The double checking argument is one I really don't like. It ends up causing everything having a full blastback at GMs rather than tagging along the parts of the process that fail when something like this occurs, simply because the eventual investigation can just point a finger at GMs head and say "You were supposed to be the last to check". Obviously I am biased as fuck, but I do really not enjoy the whole concept.

How would you propose we do it then? Giving the responsibility to keep track of all the picks to just one person is kind of asking for disaster. I know there are people who can do that job well, but with all the conditions, mistakes just can happen. Asking every team to keep track of their own picks - just their own, not all of them - really helps in finding the mistakes that do happen, before a pick is actually used by a team. I'm not saying a pick tracker should get off scott free for not doing their job, but I don't want all that weight on the shoulders of one person.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 05-19-2020, 07:02 PM by DaftRaincloud.)

05-19-2020, 06:59 PMkarey Wrote: I'm sorry you don't like memes @DaftRaincloud @FuzzSHL we thought they were funny

Using the "just a meme" excuse to attack someone is a cop out and a dismissal of responsibility for your actions and how they can impact others. There's a fine line between memes and attacks and to be fair I wasn't the one that raised the issue in the first place. Putting hurtful text on a funny image doesn't turn that text into a meme on the merit that it's now attached to a funny image.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]