Create Account

Calgary Dragons Rookie Initiation Night (draft times 2 media)
(This post was last modified: 05-20-2020, 05:04 PM by BarnabasCollins.)

The Calgary Dragons Rookie Initiation Night

So draft night came and went for the Calgary Dragons. It was unusual in the fact that GM Steelhead and Ass GM Mike Izzy normally do a crap ton of research and have several options for each pick they have. While tempting to move up for shiny new toys for the team it’s very rare that Steelhead actually pulls off a trade on draft night. But this night was different. And he not only did I t once but twice. In the first round he moved up to get Mats Marner ahead of the Chicago Syndicate who greatly coveted Marner. Steelhead was playing a hunch here that his original choice could quite possibly fall to the Dragons in the second round. As the picks rolled by the Dragon’s war room grew more excited, thinking they were going to make out like bandits and get what they considered two first round choices instead of settling for the one. As the picks wound down in the second round there was one pick to go before the Calgary night would be triumphant. On the clock were the Syndicate and feeling quite salty about the Dragon’s first round move, they took the Dragon’s intended target Cale Amundsen. Heart racing GM Steelhead went completely out of character and offered the Syndicate a deal and literally minutes after he was drafted to Chicago Amundsen was on his way to Calgary and a stunned Calgary squad was jubilant as their conservative GM decided to shake up his staff a bit this season. As the party went on into the night Goaltender Kata Vilde, known for his fun-loving antics was hatching a plot to initiate the rookies in a truly memorable fashion. So the next night the team was all gathered at the Big Parm awaiting the arrival of their new teammates. Vilde had scoured much of Canada before he was able to find a big red stretch limousine to pick Marner and Amundsen up from Calgary International airport. He has asked Dragon’s hostess with the mostest Linda to meet the lads in the Limo and provide them with refreshments on the way to the Big Parm. Barry Batsbak, the Dragons resident beer aficionado sent along a stellar selection of different beers for the lads to get started on. Once they got to the Parm, Ass GM Izzy introduced them to the team.

[Image: image0.jpg?width=317&height=444]

They were shown their lockers and went around to mingle and meet the rest of their teammates as Linda continued to provide the refreshments. Prince Devitt brought out his surprise for the new guys, presenting them each with Dragon Bullet Club Championship belts. The drink was flowing and everyone was really having a blast and spirits were running high. Vilde nodded at Maxime Bouchard and Bouchard let out a piercing whistle to get everyone’s attention. Bouchard looked at Marner and Amundsen and said I think it’s time to see what other talents you boys have. We’re going to have us a little contest. I’ve brought this karaoke machine here and I have my guitar. What’s going to happen is I’m going to start to play a song of my choosing at random. Each guy will have their turn to recognize what I’m playing and then sing along to it through the karaoke machine. You will be judged on how quickly you recognize the song and how well you sing along. Your judges for this event will be Mikael Choybuk, Brennan Kennedy Jr and Shooter McGavin. While I normally only listen to death metal ya cunts I’ll stick to something you’ll have a chance at recognizing. Marner since you were the first-round pick, you’ll go first. Marner looks around at the laughing Dragons and grabs the microphone. He nervously looks over at the judges and nearly wets himself as he sees Shooter dressed up with a huge Tina Turner wig, lipstick and huge fake boobs. Since most judging panels have a female Shooter thought it would be a hoot to get all dragged up. Bouchard finishes tuning up and asks Marner if he’s ready. Marner grimly nods as Bouchard hits the opening strains of 80s an 80’s classic by the Divinyls, I touch myself. Marner immediately recognizes it and doesn’t hesitate and breaks into the song.

Vilde says all right let’s go to the Judges, Choybuk…. That shows a true first round talent there Kata, absolutely magnificent job!  Vilde: OK Shooter?  I think I kind of resemble the chick from the Divinyls eh? My boobs are bigger though.  Vilde: OK then TMI. How bout you BK? I think that was a brilliant song choice by Bouchard for a rookie initiation. And Marner absolutely fuckin nailed it! Kata: Ok then thanks boys.

Bouchard looks over at Amundsen and asks you ready for your turn rook? Amundsen gulps nervously knowing he can’t sing for shit and only hopes he can get this over quickly. He nods his head and Bouchard cranks it up. But the fix may be in as he grabs an acoustic guitar and starts playing She Bangs by Ricky Martin! Amundsen about shits himself as he recognizes the tune and thinks his only shot may be to dance like Ricky Martin. Here we go:

As the jaws in the locker room hit the floor Vilde laughing his ass off says OK judges, thoughts?  Choybuk. I can only help he plays better in net than he sings or he’s gonna be in the J for a long ass time.  Vilde Thanks bro, Shooter what ya got?  I got a migraine from listening to that for fucks sakes! Vilde: BK?  BK: That may have been the worst rookie song in the entire history of the Dragons!

Vilde: Ok lads it’s quite clear who won this contest. Unbeknownst to our rooks here Atlas Rush was taping their performance, As the loser Mr. Amundsen your penalty will be the following. You must post that video of you singing She Bangs on your official SHL twitter feed! Amundsen looks mortified by he nods his head in agreement, wondering if this night could possibly get any worse. Yes, yes it can Cale.  Now by now you’ve heard of the Dragon’s reputation for being food loving freaks. So naturally what else should two rookies do but show us just how much you love food. We’re going to have a chicken parm eating contest! Nicky Pedersen Jr has been preparing the Dragons signature dish on his grill all night. Since Peds wanted to see a serious chow down he decided to grill instead of bread the parms so the lads will be able to eat more. The current Dragons rookie record for parm eating was set by Joseph Weston who devoured 17 parms his rookie season. The loser of this round will have to carry Peds bags around the entire first season the come up to the Dragons.  Now having been shown up in the first contest Amundsen was ready to go all out. Knowing he would probably be going to the Dragons, Amundsen had done his research and had known this day was coming. He had sought out parm challenges to practice and we have an example of his training video here:

Ok boys you ready Peds shouts? As many parms as you can in 15 minutes and go!!  Amundsen starts off like a house on fire and quickly shows his practice had paid off. Marner is desperately trying to keep up, knowing he was the first rounder and not wanting to be shown up. But Marner soon falls behind and the effort expended starts to make him feel a bit queasy. As he watches Amundsen plowing through parm after parm everyone hears a loud rumble from Marner’s gut as he gets up and sprints to the toilet. As Marner retches away in agony the Dragons are chanting Eat! Eat! Eat! As Amundsen tries hard to redeem himself for his poor efforts earlier in the evening. With 2 minutes to go Amundsen is at 13 parms. He tries to kick it into high gear but to no avail as his guts start the telltale rumble too. Soon Amundsen sprints to the toilet and the Dragons split themselves with laughter to the sound of dueling pukers.

When the lads finally get their stomachs settled enough to come back Vilde told them we have one more contest tonight. And we’re going to settle something there’s been rumors off for quite awhile with our team. It seems there’s quite a rivalry between Esa Parmborg and Otis B Driftwood as to who’s faster and would win a race. Well tonight we’re going to settle this once and for all. The rookies start sighing with relief thinking they would just get to watch this one. So here’s the deal Vilde says. There is going to be a race through the Big Parm. We’ll start on the upper concourse level, race around that, down the stairs to the main concourse level, around that and then down the stairs to the ice and across it. Here’s the twist. This is going to be a 3-legged race with a rookie tied to each of Parmborg and Driftwood. Marner and Driftwood will be paired against the mighty parm eating duo of Amundsen and Parmborg. You must race around the entire level of each concourse, stop at a booth and chug 2 beers, down the stairs, same on the next concourse, down the stairs to the ice. Here you must untie yourselves and the veteran will have to push the seated rookie across the ice and into the goal at the other end to be declared the winner. The winning team will not only get bragging rights but will also get to give half of their counterpart’s next year’s salary to a charity of their choice.

OK here we are on the top level of the Big Parm ready to start the race. And we’re off with Driftwood and Marner quickly taking the lead, being more agile than the goalie and the giant Parmborg. They quickly gain the advantage and reach the beer stand first and slam down the beers, Marner looking green still from the parm contest. They head down the stairs as Parmborg and Amundsen finally make it to the stand. As they agreed upon Parmborg quickly slammed the 2 beers as there was never anything said about each having to drink one. They head down the stairs and Amundsen has a brilliant idea how they can catch up. On the next level they unveil their new strategy and start to catch up. Let’s take a look;

They’re catching up and they reach the beer stand on the main level at the same time. Marner and Driftwood quickly slam their beers but thanks to their new strategy, Parmborg and Amundsen can’t get off the floor. Vilde steps in to help them out and he pours the beers into Parmborg’s mouth. He gives them a quick shove to get them going again but he pushes a little too hard and they start rolling down the steps faster and faster until they hit Driftwood and Marner and all end up in a huge pile down by the rink. They untie themselves and start pushing their rookies across the ice. The competitive fire that Steelhead saw in his rookies is out now as they grab and hit each other trying to wipe the other guy out. The giant Parmborg is really struggling to bend down far enough to push Amundsen. He loses his feet and goes down in a heap as Driftwood and Marner go flying by. Driftwood gives Marner a huge shove and sends him flying ass first into the net. Ass GM Izzy lights the lamp and we have our winners!  The entire Dragons team stands up and applauds as the rookies sheepishly get to their feet. Everyone heads back to the locker-room where Linda is waiting with more fermented malt beverages and cigars Vilde had flown in from Cuba for the occasion. Taking it all in the good-natured fun that was intended Marner looks over and Amundsen and says I can’t wait until it’s our turn to do this to some poor bastards. GM Steelhead proudly hands his new rookies their Dragon’s jerseys and another draft for the Calgary Dragons has its book closed. Until the next one.

2064 words double media

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

Kata Vilde killing that double media.

Get paid baby!!

Dragonite

[Image: nQDbTbM.png]

[Image: hA5o4UG.png]

Linda!

<3

Dragonite

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

Linda and all her amazing beers made all those rookie shenanigans worth it <3

Dragonite

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Damn it Vilde didn't even tag me... What was in that first drink, Linda?!

[Image: Wally.png]

Linda gets essential workers pay.

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

This was hilarious! What a fun media piece, so many gems!

Probably accurate if we all got together in real life.. Also I accept that pizza parm challenge.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite