Create Account

The Slump is over! (Once Again).

Another glorious day in the vaunted history of the Vancouver Whalers and your intrepid reporter is here, again, to clack away at his keys to tell every Whaler fan across the world that we have a victory! Not only have the Whale won today, in overtime against Detroit, but they managed to put four in goals on the board. The recent (consistent actually) lack of scoring has hurt the Whalers position in the standings (putting it mildly), but today shows that a consistent effort leads to great things from this band of misfits. The real question is, where is Luffy Richard? For the Whalers to succeed they are going to need more secondary scoring from the winger, who has been more proactive with his training this season and has seen more consistent play. Hopefully, this will soon lead to an outburst of goals. Though with three short-handed points this season, he has shown his tenacity on the penalty kill, though a level head might be more prudent at times.   

But above all else!

The slump is over, once again!

Will this overtime victory herald a phoenix-like ascension for the Vancouver Whalers? at 5-22-1 there is certainly room for improvement, but is it too early to be optimistic for a winning streak that will reclaim this season? 

The answer, my dear readers, is no! there is always room for optimism! Never shall the salty spray of the sea dampen the spirits of this squad of screwballs, nor the shining beacon of Canadian Canadianess that is our beloved Vancouver. Even now, as I sit here typing this, I can hear Whaler fans streaming into the streets to rejoice the Whalers victory. 

I see babies being tossed in the air with joyous abandon.

Dogs dancing on horses.

Men kissing warthogs.

the city is delirious with the success of their beloved Whalers.

They are chanting in the street while drinking shots of chocolate milk straight from the carton. Never in my very short fictional electronic life have I seen such a raucous outpouring of fraternal support. We are all brothers and sisters today. Even if it's just for a moment. The world has not seen such a victory since the British convinced the world Napolean was a short guy when by the standards of his day he was of normal height. You can trust that fact because my reporterly intuition tells me it must be true.  

But enough typing for now.

I must take to the streets with all the true blue Whaler fans to show the league that we are not done yet. If we can get five wins we can win six, and then seven, and then eight, and dare I dream it??? Ten wins. There is no stopping the Whale. 

Now, where did I put my Ovaltine? I got catch up and start taking shots. 

Until next time, true believers, go Whale or go home. 

Victory!

[Image: WzzhGnr.png][Image: image0.jpg]

[Image: image0.png][Image: UMRTITC.gif]

WhalersWhalersWhalers

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!