Create Account

Re: My Suspension

I have to Stan Cal right now

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

06-13-2020, 09:52 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-13-2020, 08:49 PMTommySalami Wrote: Let me break it down for you.

Just because something is legal, does not make it right. It was legal to own slaves. Were slave owners morally justified by lawfully beating their slaves? I'd hope you'd agree not.

Take a second to think about this, make your own opinion and decide if you want to be on the right side of history or not.
How does slavery have anything to do with what we're talking about? That's pretty disgusting to imply that I might support slavery just because it used to be legal.

I do not support or condone any kind of slavery, nor do the vast majority of people support or condone it. I should not have to clarify that position. It's 2020, for fuck's sake.

As for my opinion, it is ever-changing. I am willing to change my mind on some things. However, as someone who would identify as right-leaning politically, it's pretty clear where I stand at the moment. The lies, arguments, and personal attacks are not making me change that opinion very quickly though.

Slavery isn't the point, it's just the spicy seasoning. The point is that the law doesn't determine morality. You would agree, obviously, that slavery is immoral, but at one point people justified it because it was legal.

In the same way, the law is fucked today with regards to how police are allowed to respond to any situation. Nay, CREATE situations out of thin air. And while we may say that it's immoral for a police officer to kill a man under certain situations (let's say kneeling on their neck), we have to wonder why then they aren't punished and why they don't hold each other accountable.

You really don't have to dig very deep to understand that law enforcement acts without impunity or any threat of accountability. And it disproportionately affects black communities.

If you're okay with that, and I'm not saying you are, but if you're okay with that, you can understand why someone might think you're racist, that you think they deserve it or have no worth by merit of their skin color

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Why is this shitshow still going on and not locked

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

06-13-2020, 08:57 PMleviadan Wrote:
06-13-2020, 07:41 PMCarbine Wrote: https://twitter.com/balleralert/status/1...16964?s=20
https://twitter.com/MattWSB/status/12719...23617?s=20

Seems pretty justified to me.

From the article on the incident;

Quote:At 10:33 p.m. local time, officers responded to a Wendy's restaurant on University Avenue after receiving a complaint that Brooks was asleep in a parked car in the drive-thru, authorities said. After failing a field sobriety test, officers said they attempted to place him into custody. It was at that point, according to GBI, that Brooks resisted and a struggle ensued.

Just so we're clear, you're of the opinion that if someone attempts to flee being taken into custody for a non-violent charge, they are justified in being executed?
No, I'm of the opinion that if you fight with the cops while being arrested for DUI, get ahold of one of their tasers, attempt to flee, and then literally point it at one of the officers, chances are you're going to be met with deadly force. If that results in death, that's the consequence of acting like an idiot.

What part of that was unclear?

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

06-13-2020, 10:07 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-13-2020, 08:57 PMleviadan Wrote: From the article on the incident;

Just so we're clear, you're of the opinion that if someone attempts to flee being taken into custody for a non-violent charge, they are justified in being executed?
No, I'm of the opinion that if you fight with the cops while being arrested for DUI, get ahold of one of their tasers, attempt to flee, and then literally point it at one of the officers, chances are you're going to be met with deadly force. If that results in death, that's the consequence of acting like an idiot.

So you agree that law enforcement is likely to kill you if you threaten them in any way, like a rabid pitbull.

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

06-13-2020, 10:07 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-13-2020, 08:57 PMleviadan Wrote: From the article on the incident;

So, yes? You are of the opinion that if someone attempts to flee being taken into custody for a non-violent charge, they are justified in being executed?

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=663a63f4&is=66391274&hm=70...8f89c3f46&]

06-13-2020, 09:53 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
06-13-2020, 09:49 PMKeygan Wrote: I've never once said he deserved to die in any of my messages, please don't twist my words.

Then say right now they shouldn't have killed him

I can say they shouldn't have killed them, but I cannot blame them for reacting to a perceived threat. I've never been a police officer, I can't tell you what it feels like to be assaulted and have a weapon taken and discharged at me either. I think it's really easy to blame these guys for the way they reacted from the safety of our own homes.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

06-13-2020, 10:10 PMleviadan Wrote:
06-13-2020, 10:07 PMCarbine Wrote: No, I'm of the opinion that if you fight with the cops while being arrested for DUI, get ahold of one of their tasers, attempt to flee, and then literally point it at one of the officers, chances are you're going to be met with deadly force. If that results in death, that's the consequence of acting like an idiot.

So, yes? You are of the opinion that if someone attempts to flee being taken into custody for a non-violent charge, they are justified in being executed?

You can't really think fleeing and fleeing alone is what got him shot at can you?

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

06-13-2020, 10:09 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
06-13-2020, 10:07 PMCarbine Wrote: No, I'm of the opinion that if you fight with the cops while being arrested for DUI, get ahold of one of their tasers, attempt to flee, and then literally point it at one of the officers, chances are you're going to be met with deadly force. If that results in death, that's the consequence of acting like an idiot.

So you agree that law enforcement is likely to kill you if you threaten them in any way, like a rabid pitbull.
No, I wouldn't. No police agency authorizes use of deadly force as the first option. If that was the case these riots would be ending in massacres.

This is why cops should have to take classes in de-escalation and have to train way more hours for the fucking job.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

06-13-2020, 10:10 PMleviadan Wrote:

Alright, it's clear to me you're just here to agitate. If you can't figure this out on your own, I can't help you.

06-13-2020, 10:15 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-13-2020, 10:09 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: So you agree that law enforcement is likely to kill you if you threaten them in any way, like a rabid pitbull.
No, I wouldn't. No police agency authorizes use of deadly force as the first option. If that was the case these riots would be ending in massacres.

That's because they aren't equipped with firearms at protests. If they were you can bet there would be a massacre. Just watch the way they use "non lethal" weapons.

Out in the field, with their firearm, it's absolutely their first option. They train this way. They see themselves as the "good killers" keeping "sheep" safe from "bad killers".

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG

06-13-2020, 10:14 PMKeygan Wrote:
06-13-2020, 10:10 PMleviadan Wrote: So, yes? You are of the opinion that if someone attempts to flee being taken into custody for a non-violent charge, they are justified in being executed?

You can't really think fleeing and fleeing alone is what got him shot at can you?

He was running and clearly gone from the altercation with the police. You can see it in the footage. They made the choice to escalate further by initiating a chase. He was no longer a threat to them. He wasn't even a threat to them to begin with because he was asleep in his car. He showed no intention of coming back to start a fight, they had no reason to believe that he would use a single use taser to wreck havoc on the town. The police chose to initiate a physical altercation to begin with, then they escalated the situation further by starting to chase him, and then escalated it into using lethal force on him.

The police are supposed to be trained conflict resolution professionals. They have to be held to a higher standard. They made the choice to continue to escalate at every possible opportunity, and then executed a man as a result. They have to make better decisions. Period.

me reading cal in this thread and moving past our several seasons of disagreement

[Image: source.gif]

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

06-13-2020, 10:18 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-13-2020, 10:10 PMleviadan Wrote: So, yes? You are of the opinion that if someone attempts to flee being taken into custody for a non-violent charge, they are justified in being executed?
Alright, it's clear to me you're just here to agitate. If you can't figure this out on your own, I can't help you.

Right, that is your belief and you have no actual response. I assume you'll come back to this thread and pop off when Ben Shapiro tells you what to think.