Create Account

Re: My Suspension

06-13-2020, 10:18 PMCarbine Wrote:
06-13-2020, 10:10 PMleviadan Wrote: So, yes? You are of the opinion that if someone attempts to flee being taken into custody for a non-violent charge, they are justified in being executed?
Alright, it's clear to me you're just here to agitate. If you can't figure this out on your own, I can't help you.

figure out what? it seems like you cant figure out that there are better ways to deal with a drunk person with a taser than shooting them.

Ok, this thread is far, far beyond being productive and has veered pretty far off course. Locking this up now.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

06-13-2020, 10:23 PMleviadan Wrote:
06-13-2020, 10:14 PMKeygan Wrote: You can't really think fleeing and fleeing alone is what got him shot at can you?

He was running and clearly gone from the altercation with the police. You can see it in the footage. They made the choice to escalate further by initiating a chase. He was no longer a threat to them. He wasn't even a threat to them to begin with because he was asleep in his car. He showed no intention of coming back to start a fight, they had no reason to believe that he would use a single use taser to wreck havoc on the town. The police chose to initiate a physical altercation to begin with, then they escalated the situation further by starting to chase him, and then escalated it into using lethal force on him.

The police are supposed to be trained conflict resolution professionals. They have to be held to a higher standard. They made the choice to continue to escalate at every possible opportunity, and then executed a man as a result. They have to make better decisions. Period.

https://twitter.com/elysiumquxxn/status/...89473?s=20

They're pursuing on foot until the moment he turns with a taser and discharges it towards them? What?

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

06-13-2020, 10:16 PMImShiny Wrote: This is why cops should have to take classes in de-escalation and have to train way more hours for the fucking job.
More training? Absolutely. Higher standards to become a police officer? Agreed as well.

Do the unions take this lying down? I doubt it. I hope I'm wrong though.

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]