Create Account

Pay SHL Coaches
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 04:23 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

Disagree, would be used as a loophole(as it used to be before) to pay poor people outside of the cap.

Give them a bigger contract if you want to give them money for doing team duties.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I’m a fan of your proposition

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 04:54 PM by goldenglutes.)

06-19-2020, 04:22 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Disagree, would be used as a loophole(as it used to be before) to pay poor people outside of the cap.

Give them a bigger contract if you want to give them money for doing team duties.

I think having a coach was pretty unnecessary in STHS which is probably why it was used as a loophole. Sure, this could let some teams get away with funneling money to their players if the GMs are doing all the coaching, but there are definitely people on cap-strapped teams who are doing a lot of work who aren't getting any money. Just to name a few, frith (NOLA), golden_apricot/awil (HAM), and before he got the co-gm job, Mook (LAP). Also me (NEW)

tbh anyone with half a brain could submit decent STHS lines

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

06-19-2020, 04:52 PMgoldenglutes Wrote:
06-19-2020, 04:22 PMスウェグキング Wrote: Disagree, would be used as a loophole(as it used to be before) to pay poor people outside of the cap.

I think having a coach was pretty unnecessary in STHS which is probably why it was used as a loophole. Sure, this could let some teams get away with funneling money to their players if the GMs are doing all the coaching, but there are definitely people on cap-strapped teams who are doing a lot of work who aren't getting any money. Just to name a few, frith (NOLA), golden_apricot/awil (HAM), and before he got the co-gm job, Mook (LAP). Also me (NEW)

tbh anyone with half a brain could submit decent STHS lines

don't make me post the screenshot here too

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

So a few things on this, first coaches are officially recognized. Alaska has been our coach since I believe S48, most of the time is the one submitting lines and does even have a coaching staff that helps him as well. But he is in an official capacity, it's up to the GM to hire someone in an official capacity though.

As for management budget, we used to have that. We truthfully tried doing that before, and what happened? Well, the money went to whoever needed it, not the ones doing work. We can't verify that teams are giving money to people who actually earned it, so it became unofficial signing bonuses for free agents or ways to keep people active by giving them the money because they didn't do media or graphics. It's basically a way to work around the cap for teams, and so I'm 100% opposed because I've seen how teams use it and it just invalidates the cap.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Pay Leppish

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 05:47 PM by jeffie43.)

Personally, I'm indifferent but I can't help but agree with this statement as it could be used as a loophole for sure and I'd be willing to bet that it would be used as such.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

06-19-2020, 05:45 PMjeffie43 Wrote:

Personally, I'm indifferent but I can't help but agree with this statement as it could be used as a loophole for sure and I'd be willing to bet that it would be used as such.

jeffie aren't you a coach wtf

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Yes

[Image: Carbine.gif]
Sig Credit: Suavemente, rum_ham, Turd Ferguson

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

[Image: 711381262207811636.png]

why dont we just take the money from luke

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

06-19-2020, 05:57 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: why dont we just take the money from luke

Woah...

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

SMJHL GMs suggested a team management budget a few seasons back... didn't go over well.

I still think it's a good idea, esp in the J. Hopefully HO will consider it fully.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

06-19-2020, 05:47 PMgoldenglutes Wrote:
06-19-2020, 05:45 PMjeffie43 Wrote: Personally, I'm indifferent but I can't help but agree with this statement as it could be used as a loophole for sure and I'd be willing to bet that it would be used as such.

jeffie aren't you a coach wtf
Yeah but still, I'd love to get money and all but at the end of the day it can still be used as a loophole to pay poor players.

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl
(This post was last modified: 06-19-2020, 07:03 PM by st4rface.)

This is really important topic to talk about and to be honest - this conversation was needed already long time ago. GM's/coaches spend a lot of time on forum and do very much. Help their players, trades, strategies, lines, making everyone happy. Plus, they need to update their player aswell. They really spend a lot of time here.

I think there might be seasonal salary for GM's/coaches and co-GM's which is paid out after the season, so if someone is fired - there are no losses for the league and unfair payouts. Plus, then you can punish GM's/coaches and co-GM's with taking their salary away or something. Hard to say something on this topic as just a user, but still - GM's/coaches deserve some paycheck.

There isn't even a conversation on how big this salary should be. Even 3 - 5 mil per season would be cool, because now they have nothing and there ain't really actual official role for them on forum.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

06-19-2020, 07:00 PMst4rface Wrote: This is really important topic to talk about and to be honest - this conversation was needed already long time ago. GM's/coaches spend a lot of time on forum and do very much. Help their players, trades, strategies, lines, making everyone happy. Plus, they need to update their player aswell. They really spend a lot of time here.

I think there might be seasonal salary for GM's/coaches and co-GM's which is paid out after the season, so if someone is fired - there are no losses for the league and unfair payouts. Plus, then you can punish GM's/coaches and co-GM's with taking their salary away or something. Hard to say something on this topic as just a user, but still - GM's/coaches deserve some paycheck.

There isn't even a conversation on how big this salary should be. Even 3 - 5 mil per season would be cool, because now they have nothing and there ain't really actual official role for them on forum.

GM's and CO's already get paid

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]