Create Account

All-Star Week Revamp - the Media Presser (inquire inside, I guess)

07-27-2020, 08:37 PMAce Wrote: Interesting and fun idea!
Thanks Ace!

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

I like the idea of redistributing TPE from the off-season / championship week a lot.  Community voted captains are a great idea.  and the Sophomore game is too.  biggest hurdle to the whole thing is extending the season imo

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

07-28-2020, 12:12 AMPatty Wrote: I like the idea of redistributing TPE from the off-season / championship week a lot.  Community voted captains are a great idea.  and the Sophomore game is too.  biggest hurdle to the whole thing is extending the season imo
I feel like having 5 seasons per calendar year, instead of 6, is a good enough trade-off for more league engagement in the long run. But I definitely get where you're coming from.

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!

07-27-2020, 08:04 PMKlusteR Wrote:
07-27-2020, 07:59 PMNokazoa Wrote: Can I make the teams as a goon? Can I be fan voted in?
That's actually something we may want to look into instead of just voting captains... Good suggestion there JPB! Not the goon part though. No gooning up the ASG eh?!
the disrespect to the goon culture is too much for me :(

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 09:55 AM by hotdog.)

I personally don't think taking a full week off from sims and extending the season by a week is the best way to go about this, but I do think this is something that could be done in parallel, alongside the regular season. For my part, I'd be happy to make the PTs in the third week of a season all-star themed, with game predictions and an extra task that can come out of that season's CW. If someone is willing to get teams selected and create all the players in FHM and sim the game, no harm in trying it out for a season to see how it goes!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

I think this is a super interesting concept. It would definitely be worth talking about ideas etc with you and PT division and HO to see what people think and how we could mold this into something ideal for the league

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2020, 01:15 PM by KlusteR.)

07-28-2020, 09:55 AMhotdog Wrote: I personally don't think taking a full week off from sims and extending the season by a week is the best way to go about this, but I do think this is something that could be done in parallel, alongside the regular season. For my part, I'd be happy to make the PTs in the third week of a season  all-star themed, with game predictions and an extra task that can come out of that season's CW. If someone is willing to get teams selected and create all the players in FHM and sim the game, no harm in trying it out for a season to see how it goes!
The way I see it right now, is we have 4 weeks of regular season, 2 weeks of playoffs, and 3 weeks of off-season. If season length is really an issue, we can always slot the All-Star Week during one of the off-season weeks, preferably before the draft. That's something Leppy and I also discussed last night, don't worry Wink

(Quick edit : now that I think of it, it could be slotted right after the conclusion of IIHF... Since the predictions will have been submitted long before the end of it. That's also a possibility.)

And it's great to see both PT heads be enthused by the idea! Thanks hotdog!

07-28-2020, 11:58 AMFlowseidon Wrote: I think this is a super interesting concept. It would definitely be worth talking about ideas etc with you and PT division and HO to see what people think and how we could mold this into something ideal for the league
Thanks Flow! Hope you and the rest of the ASC won't mind the bigger burden... I'm willing to share, if needed!

I'm bumping this, in case this still needs to be seen by some people Smile