Create Account

Hockey Talk Tonight #19 (September 5, 2020)
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 03:21 PM by sve7en.)

[100 minutes, split with @Faelax, @Cobbenstein, @hockeyiscool, and myself]

[Image: SHN_Red_lightgrey_wordmark.png] Presents...
[Image: HKrnj8t.png]

Got like.. GM things to do. Gonna be on Saturday with the return of Cobb.

As always, you can ask us questions here, or in the HTT Question Thread!

--HTT Topics--
SHL Playoff Recap
SMJHL Recap and Finals look
Expansion Draft hype

--user questions--
[ALL] ML - Bold awards predictions?
[ALL] Zema - Ahead of the finals (that will have a match-up by the time you are recording), who are your playoff MVPs in the SMJHL?
[ALL] Zema - Of the teams that didn't make it, who were your MVPs of each team in the SMJHL?
[ALL] Zema - The biggest surprise of the SMJHL playoffs? Could be players standing out, teams flunking, players not living up to their standard etc?
[ALL] Bluesfan55 - Thoughts on the recent GM stepping downs/hirings?
[ALL] Bluesfan55 - Any rookies that you feel are underrated (SMJHL)?
[ALL] Bluesfan55 - Any shl players that you can see either breaking out or falling off next season?
[ALL] Bluesfan55 - This one's for funzies but what were your thoughts on the brain-melting TD last weekend?
[ALL] Mazatt - Thoughts on expansion rosters being public, and why that would change from the J to the SHL expansion drafts?
[sve7en/Faelax] For the guys going up to the SHL next season, what are your greatest memories in the SMJHL?
[sve7en/Faelax] CementHands - Being finished [with] your Junior career, what is one thing you think could benefit the SMJHL in a positive way?
[ALL] RomanesEuntDomus - Which player type would you really like to try in FHM, but might never do it because the risk of failure is too high?
[ALL] RomanesEuntDomus - If you were forced to leave your current team, which other franchise would you most like to go to? No pussying out on this one!
[ALL] RomanesEuntDomus - Is there an issue where players feel more connected to their J teams than their SHL teams?
CoA, myself and some others have recently had a discussion where we talked about the fact that we think the league might have reached a point where many new members feel such a strong bond to their junior team, to the point where they struggle to build even close to that same kind of connection to any SHL team that they end up on. We wondered whether this might hurt the league and it's retention because it creates a bigger risk of falling into a hole once you graduate from the J to the SHL, especially with the added fact that you need more TPE to be competitive in FHM than in STHS, and if it actually makes it harder to integrate into an SHL team if you spend so much time with your J friends. Or is it a healthy and natural part of the process that helps us keep people engaged and active early on, when it counts the most, and that is unavoidable anyway since their SMJHL team will always be the first and most important point of contact for most new members? What's your take?
[sve7en/Faelax/Dwight] RomanesEuntDomus - A lot of you guys are GMs now, what do you think are some things where you approaches and philosophies differ though?
[ALL] RomanesEuntDomus - I myself love the fact that the league has taken huge steps forwards in the history and record keeping department in recent seasons, but what do the newer members of HTT think about this? Do you actually care about who won the cup 35 seasons back or which player dominated the S30s, or do you applaud the effort but are largely indifferent?
[ALL] RomanesEuntDomus - What do you think about parity in the SHL, do you think it's an issue right now and if so, do you expect it to work itself out with the changes we made this offseason and with people getting more familiar with FHM, or are further steps needed?
[ALL] RomanesEuntDomus - Do you think the SHL is too conservative, too progressive/rash or has it found a good balance?
[ALL] RomanesEuntDomus - How does the process of doing a podcast compare to doing media, which one feels like more work to you and which one do you enjoy more? Bonus question, how much do you listen to podcasts outside of the SHL?
[ALL] RomanesEuntDomus - What would be your advice for someone who is thinking about getting into the SHL Podcasting game?

--closers--
[ALL] Overdoo - What is the strangest food you've ever eaten?

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

1. Ahead of the finals (that will have a match-up by the time you are recording), who are your playoff MVPs in the SMJHL?
2. Of the teams that didn't make it, who were your MVPs of each team in the SMJHL?
3. The biggest surprise of the SMJHL playoffs? Could be players standing out, teams flunking, players not living up to their standard etc.

Thank you for a great podcast!

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

1. Can you please please please record the audio and toss it on soundcloud? Or spotify. Something i can listen to while i'm at work, but my phone doesn't need to keep the app open the whole time.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

wtf am i supposed to do now

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

09-03-2020, 04:57 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: 1. Can you please please please record the audio and toss it on soundcloud? Or spotify. Something i can listen to while i'm at work, but my phone doesn't need to keep the app open the whole time.

There's options you can set on the twitch mobile app (at least on android) to play VOD/stream audio when you tab out of the app or lock your phone

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

09-03-2020, 05:34 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote:
09-03-2020, 04:57 PMJKortesi81 Wrote: 1. Can you please please please record the audio and toss it on soundcloud? Or spotify. Something i can listen to while i'm at work, but my phone doesn't need to keep the app open the whole time.

There's options you can set on the twitch mobile app (at least on android) to play VOD/stream audio when you tab out of the app or lock your phone

Oh man, i must not have seen it the 40 times i've stumbled through that stuff.

Update Page
Player Page

I second this

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

09-04-2020, 09:35 AMJKortesi81 Wrote:
09-03-2020, 05:34 PMFlappyGiraffe Wrote: There's options you can set on the twitch mobile app (at least on android) to play VOD/stream audio when you tab out of the app or lock your phone

Oh man, i must not have seen it the 40 times i've stumbled through that stuff.

Click your Account Icon -> Account Settings -> Preferences -> Play in Background (at least on the iPhone Twitch app)

09-04-2020, 01:59 PMslothfacekilla Wrote:
09-04-2020, 09:35 AMJKortesi81 Wrote: Oh man, i must not have seen it the 40 times i've stumbled through that stuff.

Click your Account Icon -> Account Settings -> Preferences -> Play in Background (at least on the iPhone Twitch app)

You son of a bitch. you did it.

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2020, 05:40 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

1. (Insert cheap excuse of a question so that you have to talk about my player.)

2. Which player type would you really like to try in FHM, but might never do it because the risk of failure is too high?

3. If you were forced to leave your current team, which other franchise would you most like to go to? No pussying out on this one!

4. CoA, myself and some others have recently had a discussion where we talked about the fact that we think the league might have reached a point where many new members feel such a strong bond to their junior team, to the point where they struggle to build even close to that same kind of connection to any SHL team that they end up on. We wondered whether this might hurt the league and it's retention because it creates a bigger risk of falling into a hole once you graduate from the J to the SHL, especially with the added fact that you need more TPE to be competitive in FHM than in STHS, and if it actually makes it harder to integrate into an SHL team if you spend so much time with your J friends. Or is it a healthy and natural part of the process that helps us keep people engaged and active early on, when it counts the most, and that is unavoidable anyway since their SMJHL team will always be the first and most important point of contact for most new members? What's your take?

5. A lot of you guys are GMs now, what do you think are some things where you approaches and philosophies differ though?

6. I myself love the fact that the league has taken huge steps forwards in the history and record keeping department in recent seasons, but what do the newer members of HTT think about this? Do you actually care about who won the cup 35 seasons back or which player dominated the S30s, or do you applaud the effort but are largely indifferent?

7. What do you think about parity in the SHL, do you think it's an issue right now and if so, do you expect it to work itself out with the changes we made this offseason and with people getting more familiar with FHM, or are further steps needed?

8. Do you think the SHL is too conservative, too progressive/rash or has it found a good balance?

9. How does the process of doing a podcast compare to doing media, which one feels like more work to you and which one do you enjoy more? Bonus question, how much do you listen to podcasts outside of the SHL?

10. What would be your advice for someone who is thinking about getting into the SHL Podcasting game?

Updated with itinerary, see you in 4 and a half hours!

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

How many of you guys are devoting your full attention to HTT and not watching the finals going on at the same time?

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

09-05-2020, 02:52 PMNhamlet Wrote: How many of you guys are devoting your full attention to HTT and not watching the finals going on at the same time?

Cobb will be watching the finals, AS630 is on vaycay, the others of us will be in full HTT mode with updates from Cobb.

Stream up!