Create Account

S55 PT #2 - Equipment Sponsorship

Code:
Written option: What company is offering you the equipment sponsorship? How do you feel about switching companies for your new [skates/pads/stick/gloves/etc/]? What else has the company asked you to do to promote their brand - are you in any advertisements for the equipment? (150 words min.)

This is a weird one but Calvin Klein has actually come to me with a very profitable offer for me. They've never been apart of the hockey industry before but what better to start than to be partnered with one of the hottest players in the league. At first, when CK came to me with this equipment sponsorship opportunity, I was skeptical but when they showed me the briefcase with money, I couldn't turn it down. I've always had a good connection with my Bauer sponsorship but I think this switch will help me grow my brand. One of the catches for this deal is that I have to do a lot of modeling for Calvin Klein, specifically the new underwear. I have to do a lot of commercials and advertisements but it's going to be all worth it in the end. I can't wait to look good and feel good on the ice with this new equipment and hopefully I get to evolve my image on and off the ice.

Code:
171 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

What the fuck. This was the first thing Vorian said when his manager called. He informed him that Simon Cowell will be relaunching the Spice Girls, to make all the boomers in the world happy and steal not only the money from their teens, but also their money now. In order to do this Atreides was offered several millions of dollars to play with spice girls stickers all over his skates, pads, sticks, gloves, helmet and even a baby space jockstrap. Atreides immediatly told his manager to say no to this, but he found it too funny to say no to. So now Atreides will also have to feature in a commercial where he has to do the ‘Stop right now’ dance in full spice girls hockey gear. And yes, they dyed it pink. Needless to say Atreides is now stuck on the contract, but his manager is now without a job. In all his years of existence he had yet to suffer this much.

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Henrik Lekberg Osterman has always been a good skater and long before he ever got into ice hockey, he would spend his winters skating with his family on the frozen lakes of his native Sweden. His family has always been partial to bauer skates so when bauer were looking to do some advertising for the this coming hockey season in Sweden it seemed like a natural fit to ask for HLO to take part in them. For photo shoot bauer obviously wanted HLO to use their sticks and helmets as well, which isnt something that he normally uses. He has a fairly large head so there was some issues with the sizing and finding something that was comfortable for the whole day. Overall, it was a pretty fun experience and it was the first time that HLO has been asked to do any kind of advertisement for a hockey product. He'd love to do more in the future.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Skao Anazibf was approached by CCM for a big sponsorship deal that would net him a nice extra bit of pocket cash to rep their gear and appear in a few advertisements. He's fully decked himself out in CCM, from stick to gloves to helmet to skates, fully prepared to sell out for the extra money he'll get from this. He had previously been with Bauer but Anazibf is money hungry so as soon as CCM outbid them he didn't even think twice before jumping ship. One of the advertisements he needed to do for CCM was a goofy commercial of him doing various day to day tasks like taxes, grocery shopping, being stuck in rush hour etc, while decked out in full CCM gear, to highlight the comfortablity and breathability of their latest line of gear. It was silly but Anazibf had fun and while he's not the best actor he really did try his best.

[Image: bjobin2.png]
[Image: 9tINabI.png][Image: c97iD9R.png]

**First GM in SMJHL history to win 3 Four Star Cups back-to-back-to-back**

Collin Gibbles was approached early in his career for his first equipment sponsorship. After turning many companies away, he finally found one he was willing to support. Gibbles decided to partner up with the Minnesota Lumber Forge, who specialize in making high quality wooden tools and equipment. Gibbles and the designers worked together to manufacture a line of hockey sticks that he felt was up to his quality standard. Many players are particular about the kind of stick they use and Gibbles was no exception. MLF designed the Gibbles line of sticks using Red Cedar trees(native to the area). The Gibbles line is fairly heavy but is claimed to be the perfect tool for stripping the puck from the opposing team. Gibbles has been exclusively using the MLF series since he made the jump from Anaheim to Minnesota. Gibbles has also been seen in local ads for the MLF Sticks in many sporting good stores across the twin cities.

When asked to comment, Gibbles had this to say.

"At first I wasn't sure about changing up something so vital to my play style, but the people at MLF have been an amazing resource for designing and improving my equipment. I tried using another stick in practice, but nothing beats the custom line we made in their workshops. This stick helps me do what I do best on the ice and I don't expect to switch to another anytime soon."

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

Recently a local British Columbia based business known as Bardel Entertainment approached me with a sponsorship opportunity. They offered to pay me $2.5 million to wear new skates with a design they have come up with featuring their logo and also an extra $500,000 to appear in a commercial promoting their company. Bardel is in the entertainment industry, specifically in the animation business with multiple digital studios including one right here in Kelowna. Their logo looks a bit silly on my skates, but I’ll manage fine. It’s not like I’m looking at my feet all the time when I’m playing.

For the commercial, I was given a short script for what to say and made sure I wasn’t going to embarrass myself by just reading it during the actual shoot like in some of those commercials where clearly the player’s eyes are darting from left to right. Basically I talked a little about what they used to be: a little animation studio and how they have grown in the industry, now working with in film, primetime and kids tv, and video on demand services as well as a bit about how you can contact them and what they can provide. I’ve also been told it will be featured as an online ad for YouTube as well.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

When it comes to equipment Ruslan has never been the picky type. Over the years he has enjoyed the uses of big names like Bauer, CCM, Easton, as well as small name items from Eastern Europe. After getting drafted into the SMJHL though Ruslan with the help of his agent, finally settled down on a brand that felt comfortable and as reliable as the care that bears the name Zaporozhets. Easton. Now just getting comfortable with a certain set of gear and the qualities it provides doesn't get you a sponsorship. However after enjoying an SHL rookie campaign that saw him put up 38 points for the much maligned Toronto North Stars and narrowly losing rookie of the year, Easton reached out to Ruslan's agent Slava Saronynka to pay the young hot shot for the opportunity to have his own designed stick. Unfortunately since production has gone down hill it has become yet another story of controversy in the blazing hot market of Toronto.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Big Terry was not exactly a blue chip prospect after his first season in the J. However, after  strong start that included 5 points in 7 games, a representitive from True Hockey reached out to the California native to begin working on a deal that would see Big Terry represent the company. 

This new deal that was offered to the Colorado Raptors defenceman after two weeks of back and fourth negotiations between True's representitives and Big Terry's agent included many perks. These include free equipment, a small fee, and a commercial advertisement that would run every two weeks. 

However, after the final deal was offered, Big Terry surprisingly rejected the deal in pursuit of future sponsorships that would feature Big Terry as a blue chip player. This may be a risky strategy, but for Terry it is a bet that he will continue progress and will become a star in the SMJHL.

[Image: IYqjgDl.png]

Corey Kennedy was looking for a new sponsorship when he was approached by Bauer. He used to use Bauer equipment when he was a kid, but has been in Graf Skates since Juniors. However, the offer to switch was just too good. With the switch he will be rocking all Bauer equipment. He is getting free Helmets, Gloves, and Skates. Luckily he was already using a Bauer stick, so the transition would be easy on that end. With this, he would be basically a skating billboard for the company. He also signed a few deals to do actually Billboards, print ads and one commercial. This was the most nerve racking part of the deal. Could you imagine a young Irishman, on a hockey commercial trying to sell hockey equipment to young Americans and Canadians. It would have to look very silly, but here he was on television. The print ads were easy, as he was able to be more of a model and just stand there.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Alexander Wachter, a rising star in Texas and on his way to get an elite player in the SHL is now the newest representative of Fischer Sports products. Fischer has many different departments (Alpine, Nordic, Hockey, ...) Wachter will be one out of three other that represent the hockey department. Wachter never had a special preference for his equipment. He played with what he got from the franchise he plays for. So switching to a new company isn't a big thing for him. He tested the products on several trainings and it did feel pretty good, so it wasn't a tough decision to say yes to Fischer Sports. Wachter will start playing with their sticks (CT950 Senior) & gloves. They also wanted to get their skates in but a hockey players skates is a different story. Wachter is looking forward to this new chapter of his live and hopes that it will be a successful one. He is still young and needs the money.

[Image: wachter3.png]
Alexander Wachter, RW, S51
Carolina Kraken - Texas Renegades - Winnipeg Aurora 
Player Page // Update Page

For the duration of his hockey playing career, Delver Fudgeson has used CCM gear. It was always purchased for him as a youth by his exceedingly wealthy adoptive father while he trained him to play at the highest possible level. When Delver finally set off on his own and joined the SMJHL, he was forced to finally buy his own equipment. Luckily, with his small loan of 10 million dollars, he was able to keep the CCM tradition alive through his junior career. Now as a professional, he's been offered a deal with none other than his dream garbage corporation: CCM. It's a small deal, he gets the garbage leftovers that the stars don't want. So Fudgeson branded gear is fairly cheap for both the consumer and it's intended user. Delver doesn't care, however. He's just happy he gets to use the gear he's been accustomed to for all these years. Though, he will jump ship to a different company the second a better offer comes around.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Commander Shepard is a superstar in of itself outside of hockey and all the companies have flocked to get his sponsor support. If Shepard was to choose a hockey equipment company he would choose Bauer equipment. Bauer has always made excellent equipment since 1927 and Shepard feels they are worth supporting despite other bigger names taking over hockey equipment production. For the most part Shepard has used a blend of CCM and Bauer equipment but won't hesitate to fully switch over to Bauer. In fact Shepard loves his Bauer Supreme 2S skates which he believes are the best in the business. Shepard also loves the style and look of the Bauer logo itself and thinks it adds to his swag. In regard to promotion, Shepard has never been much of a marketer but has always had one line that gets the people going. First off was a radio ad promoting Bauer and how great players like Shepard use it with the last line of dialogue spoken by Shepard himself being “I’m Commander Shepard and this is my favourite hockey equipment in the World!” Next was a tv advertisement with Shepard skating and doing dangles with the puck and skating up to the camera fast and saying “I’m Commander Shepard and this is my favourite hockey equipment in the World!”

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2020, 04:04 PM by jcfbey01.)

In a breakout season for Victor Ball in the SMJHL, he has been approached by and signed with Nike, who are trying to enter the sport of hockey, with Ball being the athlete they hope brings great success to them. Since Ball is one of the only athletes for hockey for Nike, he has a lot of input on sticks and equipment, and how he thinks they should feel. The first stick made for Ball was a disaster, but they've improved since and have finally unveiled Ball's first ever signature stick, the "Ball Out 1." Along with that, Ball has been helping in the production of the first set of signature skates for him. To help advertise this all, Ball has been in commercials with many other famous Nike athletes, such as LeBron James. It's been a very unconventional approach for Nike to start their forray into Hockey, and it's been a weird experience for Ball, but he is happy to have such a say on the products they make.

[Image: 55708_s.gif]

First Ever SHL Goal:
Code:
5. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Piotr Czerkawski 1, Cameron Dubois 2) at 16:27

First Ever Hat Trick:
Code:
S45 Game 46 NEW vs TOR
6. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 1 (Artemi Berezin 3, Tigole Bitties 5) at 5:21
9. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 2 (Artemi Berezin 4) at 18:58
10. New England Wolfpack , Kristaps Ball 3 (Tigole Bitties 7, Manuel Gotze 2) at 19:38 (Empty Net)

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Which brand of equipment he used always seemed like an artificial choice to Barkov when he was younger and when he first entered the SMJHL. A stick was a stick and a skate was a skate. After his selection at #9 overall in the S53 SHL draft, his agent had informed him that he had been inundated with requests by major Hockey brands trying to pitch him to wear their gear. Barkov didnt really take this seriously and mostly blew off the opportunities until recently. A Bauer representative managed to catch him after practice one afternoon and convinced him to take a meeting. At the meeting, Bauer pulled out all the stops to impress Barkov including showing him their brand new line of skates, designed to be the smoothest ride ever to grace the ice. Needless to say, Barkov was impressed and realized the money wasn't bad either. The only thing they wanted was for him to appear in a commercial with a few other up and coming players. Spotlight isnt usually Barkov's wheelhouse, but it seems like a small price to pay.

[Image: vDWeWJB.png]
Sig By Carpy48
Selected #14 Overall to the Colorado Raptors
Selected #9 Overall to the Calgary Dragons
Finland Dragons Raptors
[Image: zdXC6eb.png][Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

[Image: IN1sws4.jpg]

[Image: lebbish.gif]