Create Account

S55 mPT #2 - Behind the Username

My name comes from a meme in the league community about a perpetually mid-to-lower tier North American League of Legends pro called Goldenglue, who got really buff a few years ago so people started calling him Goldenglutes. I used it as a throwaway name for my username because I thought I wouldn't actually end up staying, and now I'm stuck with it but I kinda like it

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

i've had it for so long it's hard to remember exactly why i picked it but i know i've used it and this custom minecraft skin since alpha 2010 or so... i'm guessing its because Taylor Dunn is my irl name and tweedledunn rocks that alliteration and alice in wonderland slaps

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-03-2020, 03:37 AM by MrRuihu.)

It was my username for quite a while, I just figured I'd go by my online handle for this site as well, no other reason than that. Doesn't hurt to go by the same handle for many things unless you want to be hidden or a secret. meh.

Plus I've always loved the chinese translation: Sly brown fox, or swift brown fox, feel like it suits me.

My user name is an acronym for A Complicated System Of Levers And Pullies which was the title of my monthly piece in a university magazine about two decades ago.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

I'm pretty bad at coming up with good usernames, so for this one I took a quote from one of my favorite movies, Monty Python's Life of Brian. It's sounds like Latin but is completely wrong gramatically, and in one of the most famous scenes in the movie the main character uses the expression and is then forced to "correct" it by a Roman soldier in hilarious ways.

I chose my username because it has been my Xbox Live tag since I was a kid. The first part is my name, and the second part sounds like the start of my second name so I went with it.

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

'Kez Kincaid' is my player name on an online text mud that I have played for almost 20 years. I picked Kez because I like 3 letter names, and Kincaid because alliteration. So when I started SHL I just used it as my name here as well. Muerto was the last name of my first player on SHL and I switched it in about S35 or something so some people only know me as Muerto whereas some people remember me as Kez. Muerto is Spanish for 'dead' because I'm emo or something.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Well, when I had rejoined the league I wanted to use my old username of Claudio23 but for some reason, my email that I wanted to do forget password did not work and I did not want to ask the HO to just get my account back so I came up with something. 10 is a number I would use a lot in sports and the Bruins is my favorite hockey team so it was a match made in heaven with the same style username as my old one

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Real enthralling username here. No its not for the Retaurant, Burger King. My username is my initials then also day and year of birth. Very interesting I know.

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

My first username came from my Dad's; the major part of his Guild name in an earlier MMO was Blitzen which was derived from his username. As I got older, it became more and more apparent that the in-joke that I used was better meant for a kid, but I had already become well-known as Blitz in the communities I was part of.

Ultimately my cousin (who was 8 years old and obsessed with Minecraft at the time) suggested CaptainBlitzkrieg after looking at a list of names I was considering. Unfortunately it was better than a lot of the names I had on that list. When I realized the connection to a certain YouTuber, I shortened it and added the underscore.

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

It's been my user name, gamer tag, whatever for like 16 years. I have no idea what my brain did to take my name and add "tox" to it but I have stuck with it ever since.

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

So I'm Ace - a pretty common username. I settled on it because of my initials, which are AC. 2/3 of the word seemed like enough to me, so I tossed the E at the end for good measure. Voila, Ace.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Back in high school, I remember having a lengthy discussion about the snack cake Fancy Cakes. For whatever reason that stuck with me and I tried making my next username Fancycakes, but it was already taken. I guess the next word I had thought of was awesome and thus, Awesome cakes was born and has stayed.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

It all started way back when...in the days of Original Counter Strike/ Medal of Honour on the PC.

You could quickly while in a game hit the console command and change your name on the fly.

The main thing was how your deaths would be displayed in the top left as the game progressed.

I saw people getting creative (Think of messages like "Kalvan221 was Killed by Ebola" - the one player obviously changing their name to the deadly disease). The fun really got out of hand in some cases as you can imagine, but was hilarious in most cases, ranging from light to extremely dark humour.

So where did my name come from? Well, seeing as I was a typical teenage at the time, and was part of the usual SSJTRUNKZ1337 sort of naming convention I decided to take something that seemed aggressive (Rabid) and worked it with something that in most cases would seem pretty damn harmless (Sponge). Mix them together with my favourite number (21) and you have the message which would pop up every time I fragged someone in Medal of honour.

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

My nicknames haven't been extremely creative over my time here. Usually just making it with whatever is laying around at the time. My original username was InciteHysteria. I had a pile of common and trash Magic the Gathering cards hanging around next to me when I found the site. The top card on the pile was a card called Incite Hysteria. I just kind of rolled with it. When coming back I decided to go with the name DELIRIVM because I was listening to the song Delirum by CHVRN. So not really deep usernames. Never really had anything that stuck. I usually go with Ncit3 most places now though.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]