Create Account

S55 PT #3 - Franchise GOAT

ISFL credit

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Affiliate PT https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid341169

[Image: juniped_shl.gif]

It would be too obvious to talk about Calgary Dragons GOAT and pick Esa Anrikkanen. Instead I'm picking Mike Izzy.

He recently expressed to the world he's going to tie up his skates at the end of the season and retire from the SHL. Mike Izzy has been a great addition to the Calgary Dragons organisation acquired in a trade with Edmonton in S36. Mike Izzy is the alltime SHL hit leader and has scored over 800 points in his career in the SHL. He has won 3 Challenge Cup Championships (S40, S42 and S50) and has won several individual awards and was nominated a ton of seasons for the Jeff Darr trophy. Let's also not forget that Mike Izzy has been a beast in gathering TPE. He's among the very best this league has ever seen in his peak TPE earned. Combine all of this and I have no doubt he will be a first ballot Hall of Fame addition.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

I think everyone would agree that Robert Phelps is the greatest player in Hamilton history, as well as one of the top players in SHL history as a whole. He might not have won a ton of individual awards but his longevity and consistency are what's impressive about his career. I was lucky enough to be Phelps's winger in my rookie season when Phelps was already considered a veteran player, 8 seasons later I'm pretty close to starting regression myself but Phelps is still arguably as good as he was at his peak. Phelps is on pace to hit 1000 points next season, a feat accomplished only by 2 other players in history, and if he decides to keep going, with some luck, I think he could break the record for most career points. Phelps has been the Hamilton's captain for as long as I can remember and he spent his entire career with Hamilton, he was one of the rare first overall picks who actually lived up to the hype, and there's no doubt he's the Hamilton GOAT. It's going to be a very sad day for all of us when he decides to retire.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

ISFL Affiliate PT +3 TPE

My knowledge about the SHL is lacking. I don't know much about the league or specific teams history. Even when it comes to the present time I'm lacking on my knowledge. The best I could do is look down that franchise records list and check out who's name pops up. To me, it seems like the obvious choice for the Edmonton Blizzards is Robert Phelps. He leads the Blizzard with 355 goals, 551 assist for 906 points. Late into his career, he is still putting up strong numbers. He has 17 goals, 16 assists, for 33 points in 37 games but unfortunately, he is no longer with the Blizzard. In the net you have Geezus Kryyst who leads the team in career wins with 299 overall. He also happens to no longer play with the Edmonton Blizzard as he was moved to the San Francisco Pride this past off season.

Falcons Canada

When I decided to come into the Toronto North Stars organization I knew there would be a lot of greats who had blessed the team before me and I would have plenty of influence to try and emulate what they have done in the past. The first person I saw on the walls of the building when I got here though has to be the greatest, not just for the franchise but one of the top 2 greatest for the league behind only Anrikkanen. Kristian Eriksson, the greatest star ever. The guy holds every record for Toronto he possibly could and it would be almost impossible to beat them unless I played well into my 40s and got extremely lucky. He has over 1000 points scored which is insane and will probably never be matched. Almost 2500 hits in his career, which is a ton and as I'm not a power forward I won't touch either. I mean it will probably take me way too many seasons to even match his 74 game winning goals with just my normal goals scored. Those 1200 games played will definitely be hard to pass and it definitely cements him into the GOAT status for a lot of people.

205 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

When we are talking about the GOAT in franchise I am a new create (S53 SHL Draft Class) I can only talk about recent history and what I know. A. Jobin has to be hands down one of the best goaltenders to ever play for the Detroit Falcons. His first season in the League was in the STHS simulation (yes i did that). His stats were absolutely phenomenal. He played a total of 33 games of the 50 in the season winning 26, losing 5 and two overtime losses. Three of those 26 wins were shutouts as well for the second year goaltender. Jobin was called up to the Hamilton Steelhawks in S55 and only got to play a total of three seasons with the Falcons. Jobin also helped carry the team in the S53 playoffs to a four star cup win. In the playoffs Jobin (and the falcons) playd a total of 17 games winning 12 (of course). In those 17 games, Jobin posted 3 shutouts, and 2.15 GAA. Most importantly as a GOAT goaltender in Falcons history, he posted an overall 69 GR. Nice

@"Awesomecakes"

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

I'm gonna have to give a shoutout to my former GM partner on here for the Hamilton Steelhawks' franchise greatest of all time player. I would make the argument that Jakob Tanner was one of the best goalies to ever play in the league and made a huge impact as both a player and a GM. He was able to carry us to two Challenge Cup championships and several other trips to the Finals, in which we were usually able to push it to a seven game series. Tanner started his career in Montreal with my first player and we were lucky enough to continue playing together in Hamilton. I watched firsthand as he transitioned from a young, inexperienced goaltender into the Hall of Famer that we see today. Tanner led a couple of our Steelhawks teams to Presidents Trophy seasons and consistently put up numbers that ranked among the top of the league. The good old GOAT.

Player Page || Update Thread
[Image: ffBCCRQ.png]

Alex Light is the best player to ever suit up for the Platoon franchise. He has the team scoring record and there is no one close at the moment. Light even has more than 100 goals more than the second player on the Platoon all-time goal scoring list, Mikko Linna. Light spent his entire career in West Kendall and could make the SHL Hall of Fame before all is said and done. Light also leads the team in a couple of other statistics with 47 game winning goals and 3,131 shots on goal. I can only imagine how many records he would have shattered in the FHM era. There are some other great candidates who are now in the Hall of Fame, but a couple of them shared the ice with Light during the time when West Kendall dominated in the S40s and I feel that Light was the biggest offensive threat during all of that period.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

While they are a new franchise, I would argue that Demarcus Smyth will go down as the GOAT player for New Orleans. The Spectors may have a bright future ahead of them, but Smyth has the advantage of having been a massive part of the journey from expansion team to Challenge Cup winning powerhouse. He’s a part of the trio of players who have played the 450 games since the team’s inception along with Nicholas Williams and Joe Kurczewki. But he has outshone those two and truly cemented himself as the leader of the offence for the Spectors across his career. Not only does he lead in the franchise in goals scored, putting away 165, or roughly 1 goal every three games he has played across his career with the team, but he also leads in assists with a staggering 231. Needless to say this puts him as the points leader for the franchise as well. Any time a player is not only the leader goal-scorer but is also the best playmaker, they have to be in contention for the best in franchise history. Finally, Smyth truly shows himself to be far and away the rest of the team with a career +/- of +112, 14 higher than the next closest player.

[Image: tomhanks.gif]

[Image: TH-Sig_.gif?width=479&height=337]

Elizabeth Doyle has all it takes to become the Buffalo Stampede greatest of all time goaltender. She's already 5th in wins in the team, behind current record holder Cedric Robinson, Jordin FourFour Jr., Casey Holmes and Tyler No Nerves. At the end of the season, she'll already be pass Tyler No Nerves, and still on a great pace to catch up with Robinson by the end of her career. All the goaltender in the Buffalo Stampede history had shorts career, with the longest being Robinson's nine seasons. It's a fact that Doyle want to play longer than that with Buffalo. She's aiming to play about 12 to 15 seasons as the franchise starting goaltender and isn't kind of sharing her crease. She sees herself hold any possible records, with the only category where it might not happen is assists, as the engine changed and it's not a stat tracked anymore.

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020, 02:14 PM by StamkosFan.)

Jason Visser was the greatest player ever to play for the Winnipeg Jets. A long and storied career, he proved to be not just their greatest but the league's greatest in terms of TPE, out-earning everyone who had come before him and keeping the title through all those that have come since. With 2285 TPE, he was a legend, what all the max earners want to be when their player is fully developed. And he put that TPE to good use, manning the first line center position and putting up high point totals; including three seasons with 70 points or more. He was a star in every sense of the world, and a big reason why S40s Winnipeg was so dynastic. He shaped a franchise, he changed everything out there on the ice, and he finished with over 1200 games played, all in a Jets uniform. He was loyal, stuck with the team, and always performed, from the beginning of his career to the end. With 1154 points, he leads the Jets in that metric, and also countless more. While some newer players may have forgotten this legend, he will forever be the GOAT for Winnipeg; he was the definition of greatness.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

[Image: 130227095035582-8226527212-c6f33a757c-c.jpg]

[Image: 47052_s.gif]
[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

The New Orleans Specters haven't been around as long as some teams have, and I really cannot judge a player based on their longevity due to three players being tied for the most games played, with 450. Stats wise though, there was one guy that stood out to me, and that was Demaricus Smyth. He is the leader in goals, the leader in assists, and therefor the clear leader for points. He is on top for +/-, and while I normally argue it is a useless stat, he has shown that on his team, he is the one on the ice for goals. He is the leader for PIM, but also fights, and put together with being 2nd for hits, it goes to show how important his physical presence is. He has had the most minutes played with the Specters, and the most game winning goals. Lastly, he is first in the amount of faceoffs he has taken, and the amount he has won. To me, it is incredible that one guy can do this much for a team, and to the quality he does it. Just makes me hope that I can at least break one record when I'm able to make it up to the Specters.