Create Account

S55 PT #3 - Franchise GOAT

What can you say about Esa Anrikkanen that hasn't already been said? The guy has almost every record in the Calgary Dragons franchise (apart from the hits obviously, that's The Augment's claim to fame). There isn't even much point in going over his actual stats as it's well known and documented, so what I'm going to do instead is focus on what makes him the GOAT to Maxime instead.

Maxime was just like most other players in the league, a junior with no idea where he was going to end up or what was going to happen in his career. He didn't have anyone else bringing him into hockey, he just played and was seemingly good at it so it stuck. Come one year after junior 'tryouts' (ie the first year of every juniors career), the draft rolls around. Once again, going in completely blind to this with no idea who even wanted to select him OR if there was any interest in him. As the draft got closer there had been two interested teams contact him to gauge his interest, but nothing solid. Then out of the blue he gets a phone call from Esa himself. Just like the other gm's he had spoken to, he was kind of kicking tyres. But something happened in that moment, and Esa took Maxime under his wing (unbeknownst to Maxime of course).

The draft rolls around and Maxime gets another call from Esa, saying he will be selected by Calgary at 8 if he would like it and is still available. Esa told Maxime that he wanted to bring him in, make him a Calgary legend, show him the way of the Dragons and really hone him into being the best hockey player that he can be. All of that is stuff that is said before to many other players by many other people, but the difference is that Esa came through with his promise and helped guide Maxime through his entire career. And that is what makes him the GOAT.

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

The future GOAT of the Los Angeles Panthers is going to be none other than Jimmy Wagner. An absolute stud in the J with the Carolina Kraken, Wagner has shown an incredible ability to lead, score, and win titles at a young age - with the latter of those being a particularly sore spot for the franchise out west. The franchise leaders for Los Angles aren't terribly high numbers either, while the games record is just over 17 seasons of play, the point scoring numbers are within range of someone with Wagner's productivity and about 10 seasons of 25-35-60 or 15 seasons of 18-24-42. From a meta point of view, Wagner being the product of max earning means that he could play at a first line level for 12 seasons, and a total of 17 seasons over 1200 TPE, which would put him in a number of GOAT conversations, but most definitely in Los Angeles where he expects to bring a few titles.

168 words

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

The Tamp Bay Barracuda have taken the face of multiple different teams over the seasons, so the franchise GOAT is a little tough to pin down for this franchise. In recent memory, I’d say that it is between Michael McFadden, the best goalie in franchise history, and Flacko Langerfield, one of the most talented and offensively gifted forwards of the modern era. Between the two, I think that I would lean towards Flacko Langerfield. His presence on and off the ice was undeniable in his tenure with the Barracuda. He was the team’s star player and served admirably as GM for many seasons. Flacko on and off the ice led the Barracuda to a finals appearance where they unfortunately lost to the Calgary Dragons in 7 games. For a franchise that has struggled mightily through the seasons, a finals appearance was a massive boost to the team and the fanbase.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

The best player in the history of the Vancouver Whalers, without a doubt, has to be winger Cullen Gray. Joining the Whalers with the 17th overall pick in the S46 SMJHL draft, he burst onto the scene immediately, recording a 35-point rookie season for Vancouver. His consistency as a playmaker was incredible, recording 20+ assists in all five of his SMJHL seasons. Perhaps his best season came in the championship campaign of S48, in which Gray put up a 19-goal, 43-point season. He was a power-play weapon, scoring eight goals with the man advantage, and he was an exemplary player in the clutch with one game-winner and five game-tying goals that season. While Gray unfortunately went inactive at 478 TPE, Gray owns or co-owns the franchise records for points (199), goals (80), and assists (119). The points record will likely stand for a very long time, and only one other player in Tauras Karazija has ever broken the 100-assist mark for the Whalers.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

The Texas Renegades have not won the championship in a few years but they do have a storied past with some legendary players who have laced it up for them.  The top player or greatest of all time of the franchise in my opinion is Liam Kinsler.  He played a total of 858 games in the league scoring 239 goals and 321 assists.  He brought a physical presence to the ice racking up over 1100 hits in his career.  He was also part of three championship teams spanning 16 seasons winning the cup in Seasons 20, 21, and 36.  This is an amazing accomplishment by book ending his career with championships.  Only a few other players in team history can say they have won three cups and he is one of them.  Overall I believe that makes him the greatest of all time in the history of the Texas Renegades.  Hopefully there will be more good times ahead and more championships.

Code:
161 Words

[Image: kpALfz6.jpg]
Gritty McGritterson Player Page
Gritty McGritterson Update Page

S53 Four Star Cup Champion- Detroit Falcons
S56 Challenge Cup Champion - Hamilton Steelhawks

Going through the records to me the Greatest Of All Time for New England is Patrikov Bure. Bure played 17 seasons for the Wolfpack and leads the Wolfpack in goals and points, one of the greatest goal scorers of all time Bure had 4 seasons of scoring 20+ goals. Bure also reached a career high of 60 points in his 5th season in the league. Over Bure's illustrious career, Bure has 156 power play points to go along with 56 game winning goals. His time in the league didn't include just scoring goals however, Bure finished his career with 1451 hits, including having 5 seasons of have 150+ hits. While I never got to play with Patrikov Bure I have heard the stories about him and some of them are the stuff of legends. He was a guiding force here and helped carry the scoring throughout 3 different decades, making not only the GOAT in New England but one of the GOATs of the entire SHL.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 01:40 PM by Rancidbudgie.)

The franchise GOAT for the Calgary Dragons is an easy choice, but that's not for a lack of quality players. Even the recently retired Mike Izzy, the SHL all-time leader in hits, who spent his whole career with the club, and would be the GOAT for plenty of other franchises, falls short of my selection for the Dragons. Esa Anarikkanen, due to his insane longetivity and skill, leads the SHL all-timers in most major categories: Their 1458 games with Calgary are 200 clear of the next highest, Kristian Eriksson. 514 goals makes Anarikkanen the all time leader, and the only player to break 500 in an SHL career. 549 Assists, good for 2nd all time in the SHL, brings the point total to 1063, the most all time and one of only two players to break 1000, the other being the aforementioned Eriksson with 1012. No matter which way you slice it, Anarikkanen has an argument for the greatest player of all time in the SHL, and is therfore an obvious choice for the GOAT for the Calgary Dragons franchise.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Start with the best and you won’t have to look far for a GOAT of a franchise and I think that the Citadelles team lucked out enough to start with one of the best junior players currently on the ice. I believe that the newly created juniors team the Quebec City Citadelles already has their GOAT in former Timber Maine and current GM, Alexander Roach. Roach who is currently leading his team with 31 points. It might seem bold to deem a player the GOAT of a franchise so newly created but I fully believe in Roach’s credentials for it. Because by showing all of his teammates, both current and former, how he wants the team to play. To show them all the effort they need to put in to embody what it means to be a Citadelle, he is setting the standard by which all of the players will be judged by. I’m certain he will continue to keep up that play during his tenure there as a player and will be able to use how he played as an example of what he wants from his future players as he leads the franchise to Cups as it’s GM.

200 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

It looks like Roy Razin holds most of the individual records for the Manhattan Rage. In a record-tying 15 seasons with the Rage, Razin holds the record for games played at 758, assists at 402, points at 545, shot blocks at 1110, power play goals at 74, power play assists at 94, and obviously power play points at 168. Even though many of the players who have approached or are approaching a few of these records have played significantly fewer seasons, longevity is an important skill in the SHL, and Razin was able to put together a long career with the Manhattan Rage. He most likely owes his longevity to being a pass first player, and having significantly fewer hits than most others with 10+ season careers with the Rage. I don’t believe any of these records are insurmountable, though the shot block record seems pretty safe for the time being. I do believe there will be more competition for who holds the “GOAT” for stats within the next few seasons.

[Image: x7WZYBT.gif]
[Image: hTAHbeC.png][Image: OaCJVMI.png] | [Image: pMYriGC.png]

I'm here to tell you about future hall-of-famer and New England GOAT, Sven Yxskaft!

He is on his way to reach 2000+ TPE. In his first season in the SHL he is trusted with big minutes on the 2nd line plus power play an short handed units. He is boasting impressive offensive and defensive numbers. Making himself stand out wherever he his on the ice at any point in time.

13 points over 37 games is not the best in the league for a rookie. But just wait until next season. Sven is expected to come out as shot out of a canon. Expecting to see even more minutes and making an even bigger impact.

Sven is expected to be the #1 franchise defenseman during his entire career that he plans to spend in the New England jersey. He will be one of the most important puzzle pieces that re-opens the Wolfpack window and brings home the cup! Expect to see him in multiple award nominations for the next 15+ seasons.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

I think with the amount of impact he has had on the team and the league as a whole I think an easy choice for franchise GOAT for the Carolina Kraken is Jimmy Wagner, @sve7en. I don't even play for the team but I know how much work he puts in, and due to his guidance and assistance are now perennial cup-contenders. The S53 class is stacked, and to stand out amongst them is the stuff of true legend. Great person and player, can't get enough of his content, but I have had it up to my neck with Carolina. Despite not have a max TPE roster the Kraken are always a struggle to play against and the quick mentality and strategy of the team is a refreshing pace from the more meat-grinder standard the league has set-up. Hell, Wagner is such a hot commodity that even the NHL were waiting for him to get rostered to a team before picking which one of our franchises they were gonna copy for their expansion to Seattle.

[Image: 81ImQYu.png][Image: suavemente.gif][Image: QD85cmZ.png]
     Platoon    Timber

Bit of a tough call here for best player in Texas Renegades franchise history, but I think as an all time player you have to go with Jack Durden. Durden absolutely torched the league back in his day and was a pivotal player for the Texas in their hayday. He's the leading scorer in franchise history, and played a whopping 18 seasons with the team. That's the sort of commitment to the team that you love to see from a guy when claiming them as the best in franchise history. The reason why I say this was a tough decision however is because I think Andreas Kvalheim is really making a case for himself, despite still being a current player and only having been on the team for roughly 10 seasons. He's been nothing short of astounding and has been the leader on this team since the time he arrived. It'll be awesome to watch his career progress, as he's in his prime right now and putting up MVP caliber numbers yet again.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2020, 03:13 PM by SAwful.)

Anchorage Armada GOAT: Mitchell van der Heijden

This guy was amazing. The captain of the team, an amazing points getter, a down right generous passer giving him a ton of points and assists and also responsible in his own zone.

If it wasn't for a lack of support from the rest of his teammates, this guys would have won multiple junior championships and scoring titles. But as an individual, he was able to keep the team afloat and relevant.

After his time in Anchorage he went on to win a championship with New Orleans in his rookie season scoring the cup clinching goal for the team. An all-round great guy, he had so much untapped potential in Anchorage, I feeel terrible.that I wasn't able to do more to support him and win more games.

Not only is this guy an Anchorage GOAT but he looks to have the potential to be a league all-star soon and have a major impact on this blooming New England team he's now a part of.

[Image: SAwful.gif]

[Image: 4NkSjIm.png]  ||  [Image: 7bttGDC.png]

Armada  ||  Uk  ||  Wolfpack

McCarthy is obviously the best Whalers player of all time, no questions asked, hands down, end of discussion... wait you still wanna discuss? Fine, let's do so. McCarthy holds the Whalers franchise record for most assists in a single season, as a defenseman no less. He is also a winner of the Quilha Agante trophy for best defenseman, an award he holds in high regard, as well as being nominated for the same trophy a second time, and also winning the four star cup as a rookie defenseman, putting up some impressive numbers for the Whalers in S43. This obviously puts him at the top of the pantheon for the best player in Whalers history. To have the sort of offensive stats as he did in his youth as a defenseman, outscoring most forwards, proves his strength, poise, and ranking among the best players the SMJHL has ever seen. Now we can end the discussion, thanks for coming to my TED Talk

Adam has only been with the renegades organization for 4 seasons at this point, and didnt know to much about them before getting drafted there. From the stat and record books though Jack Durden stands out as an obvious GOAT for the team, holding the team records in Games Played (900) Goals (278) Assists (477) Points (755). Its obvious that Jack Durden was a power house of a player for Texas back in his day, and i would have loved to play along side of him. But i think that Durden has a Challenger in the form of Texas' current captain Andreas Kvalheim. 
Currently Kvalheim has played 400 Games and recorded 148 Goals 177 Assists for 325 points. Kvalheim is currently on pace to beat Durden's goal record, but slightly behind on assists and points, but Kvalheim has gotten alot of these points while on a weaker Texas team, so now that texas is starting to grow into a powerhouse team we shall see if he is able to turn it up and pass Jack Durden in all of these records as well as Vasily's Hits record, and solidify himself as the Texas Renegades GOAT

[Image: 60133_s.gif]
[Image: W3cWGCN.png][Image: 3XEVZeB.png]
 Timber Steelhawks norway norway Steelhawks Timber  
Knights  Renegades norway   norway Renegades Knights