Create Account

S55 PT #3 - Franchise GOAT

Although not one of the original teams that make up the Simulation Hockey League, the Buffalo Stampede have been around for 30+ seasons, coming into existence in either the S25 or S26 season (I forget which). Since becoming a franchise, Buffalo has undergone some tough times, as well as some glorious times, as well as some very troubling times. Since General Manager WannaBeFinn took over with Tomen as his co, Buffalo's stock has continued to skyrocket, as they are coming off their first President's Trophy winning season, and are in contention for another President's Trophy this season. When Finn took over, Buffalo was considered one of the worst-run franchises with a long history of ineptitutde. He has corrected this, and has gone on to establish himself as one of the best GMs in the league, with Buffalo shaping up to be a contender for a long time. With Tomen by his side, who has to be considered one of the league's best scouts, as well as one of the league's top strategists, BUFs current management group has to be considered the greatest management duo in Buffalo history.

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Zakkira Diporov not a big name by any means, nobody really cares about him which does not bother him, but soon Zakkira Diporov name will ring through Winnipeg and all of the SHL. Zakkira Diporov is a big Russian winger, so he should be able to use his big body. Zakkira has a long way to go but has the potential to be a vital component for the Winnipeg Jets. He wants to show everyone that does not consider him a good player. He wants to come into the SHL and just tear it up, and Zakkira Diporov has been having a meh year in Detroit, the team is struggling as a whole, but he is trying to do his best and he wants to become the best power forward in the SHL. Zakkira Diporov is capable to be good, he has to keep working on his game on and off the ice.

(153 Words)

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

The Maine Timber are a very new team. Even though I could count Halifax in this, I choose not to because it's not as fun.

So, the greatest player has not yet retired from the team. He is on his last season on the team, and has been a big leader for the team when it's had a huge overturn of players. He has remained one of the best defensive defensemen in the SMJHL for years now, and has earned himself a legendary status in Portland. I am of course speaking of Valentin Kalashnikov, captain of the Maine Timber.

Captain Kalashnikov has been a captain for the last two years, and have really proved himself as someone that can constantly be counted upon to deliver. He keeps playing the toughest match-ups, and more often than not have played with rookies or sophmores. He stands up for any team mate on the team, through thick and thin. A true legend of the team, who is bound to be both remembered and missed once he finishes off his J career. This one is for you, @suavemente.

(180 words)

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

I'll decide to do this for a franchise that I don't play for and focus on the Calgary Dragons. I don't think I've seen this player mentioned in any of the posts I've seen so far, which is shocking, because he's arguably the best SHLer of all time. That is, of course, Esa Anrikkanen. Esa Anrikkanen was the first SHLer to reach 2k TPE, he was the first player to score 400 goals and he is currently the only player to have over 500 goals in their career. He did all of this with the Calgary Dragons and had one of the most consistent careers the SHL has ever seen, as he averaged over 30 points a season for almost the majority of his career.

In addition to his individual statistics, he amassed 5 Challenge Cups over the course of his career with the Dragons. There are people who spend years trying to win a Challenge Cup, and Anrikkanen won 5 of them! There's no question he is Calgary's GOAT.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

I would say this is quite easy to pick for the Barracuda. Chris McZehrl got traded to TBB in season 16 if what I am looking at is correct. He was expected to be a huge threat once that trade was made. He spent 7 seasons with the Riot at the time, while that isn't an extremely long span of time, he managed to make his mark on the franchise. Having played 334 games with 159 G and 211 A totaling 370 points. At over a point per game there aren't any players who even come close to this. He lead the team to their first and only Challenge Cup in S18, and had won a Ron Mexico, Jeff Dar, Sergei Karpotsov, and Jay McDonald in S17 with another Jay McDonald trophy in S18. Chris was an absolute stud of a player who got traded around quite a bit while they played in the SHL. Even with that, they still left their mark on Tampa Bay history.

[Image: panico.png]

Well to answer the hot take part of the question, saying this current active player will go down as the best in Steelhawks history is not a hot take whatsoever. I of course am referring to the father of the Steelhawks locker room, Robert Phelps. Phelps, while still having one or two, maybe 3 seasons left in him after S55, was already the all time franchise points leader going into this season. Along with having this on his pre-retirement resume, he has been with the Steelhawks as their captain for two Challenge Cup wins, and has in fact been the team captain for most of his career after they took him 1st overall back in S35, a 1st overall pick that was traded for just to take him. As he closes in on a potential one thousand (!) career points, he is likely to pass the legendary Jason Visser in career points (Visser has 938) this season for 4th all time, and he potentially could even pass Alonzo Garbanzo for 3rd all time if he passes 973 points. Phelps will undoubtedly in my mind go down as the greatest ever Hamilton Steelhawk.

(Enough)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Uh, New England has no goats. Just wolves. Wolves, wolves, wolves. We howl. If a goat were on this team, they'd be eaten by the howling Wolfpack. AWOOOO! You know it, we know it, everyone knows it. A goat does not stand up to the angry stomach of a wolf. The sharp teeth. The esophagus. The esophagus that takes us to the stomach, where the goat is digested. The nutrients of the goat give energy to the wolves. We use this energy to play hockey. We are the wolves of the SHL. We don't need goats. We eat goats. Let that be known to the entire SHL. Who is the best player if all they are is a goat? Why are goats the best? Wolves are the best. Wolves eat goats. This is why New England is solely comprised of wolves. Take the blood of the goats and feed this blood to us. That is all.

[Image: x9gTXZa.gif]

S48 Four Star Cup Champion (Vancouver Whalers)

The stingray that Killed steve irwin is surely the Simulation Hockey League’s greatest of all time. The man, the myth, the legend, created by Gooney caused chaos among the website with his original player name of Cum Harvester. The site was divided on whether it was disgraceful or just plain fun. I, personally, think it’s hilarious. The name being disallowed and being swapped to The stingray that (first name) Killed steve irwin (last name) makes it even funnier. Killed steve irwin was apart of the S51 draft class, left winger, an offensive forward with a weakness for checking. The six foot irish hockey player did not last too long and retired at 305 TPE. Although he retired early, he is remembered by those of the Steelhawks and will live on as C. Harvester in our hearts, and The stingray that Killed steve irwin in the SHL history books. This man is the true GOAT.

(154 Words)

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

As being a goalie myself I have to give a shout out to my goalie bud Harry Carpet on this one. Even though Toronto hasn't been good in his now going on 8th season in the league, he already has over 100 wins with the franchise. The franchise record for Toronto is 328 by Mike Harter. Harter looks to have played 17 seasons with Toronto. Toronto is definitely about to peak upwards in the next couple seasons so let's do some quick math on if Carpy could be the GOAT goalie of the Toronto franchise after he's finished. If he plays 10 more seasons lets say. And he averages 15 wins per season that is 150 more wins on top of his 100 wins. Which would easily put him on top for the Franchise record of Toronto. Even with myself on the way Carpy will be taking the bulk of the starts and you would have to assume that Toronto will be a consistent 25+ wins per season franchise after the next couple seasons so I think it definitely is possible. Then if Carpy can add some long playoff runs ontop of his career he definitely will be set to be Torontos GOAT

[Image: honkerrs.gif]
[Image: OPTIMIZED.png]

I set the rookie scoring record while playing next to one of the best players to ever play in the league. He also happens to be the best player to ever play for Toronto. Mikhail Lokitonov was an absolute monster on the ice. He was constantly leading the league in scoring and he hit a lot on top of that making him a great fantasy pick for a long time. Not only was he a prolific player, he was a real leader and all around good guy. At one point in his career he was over 2k tpe which is definitely not an easy feat in this league. I owe a lot of my rookie season success to the ML effect. He was a guy who knew where to be at all times and consequently he knew where his teammates would be. I mean look at his stats. 803 points in 914 career games. The guy is a Toronto legend, enough said.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

This PT is the exact reason why in S46 DeMaricus Smyth chose to sign with the New Orleans Specters. After being drafted to a dismal Riot franchise and spending two seasons, including winning the Challenge Cup with the Blizzard, Smyth saw the allure of being "The Guy." Knowing that it would be as hard for Smyth to break the deep record books that the Blizzard contain as it had been for him to crack the third line during his tenure in Edmonton. Smyth along side rookie Goaltender Aleister Cain, whom was the first player taken in the expansion draft, and Dragons legend Joe Kruschevsh... made their way from the True North down to Bourbon Street in an effort to not only be the Face of the Franchise, but be deemed the Franchise GOAT. DMS would win the Ron Mexico league MVP in S47, and an additional nomination in S49, which would only help cement his early legacy with the Specters.

~160 words

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Easy. No-brainer. Esa Anrikkanen. This skater is legend for me and should be for rest of the league. Player who has been outstanding for all of his long carrer! Esa started carrer as a winger but very soon converted to center to help dragons back in S20’s. After retirement he holds… outstanding amounts of records. I mean basically he holds record of everything that can be found in bojobox. Recently Mike Izzy just now beat one rare category where Anrikkanen was not entire league all-time leader – total hits. Mike Izzy is another GOAT player but eventually I’d feel to give a pie to Esa. No other has been so great as he. I mean in SHL universe he better than Gretzky. He played for a long time for one team and did everything he can to achieve championships, victories and great time. Truly a great leader and definite example for young players. No wonder Esa Annrikanen award is given to best SMJHL player!

I don't think it is even a contest when you ask yourself what player is the GOAT on the Minnesota Chiefs. It has to be Alonzo Garbanzo by a country mile. Garbanzo has an insane longevity as one of the best players in the league as well as having been a 13 time all-star. Garbanzo not only leads the team in many franchise records but is often touted as one of the best defenseman to ever play in the SHL. A Cup winner as well as holding the most games of any Minnesota player by over 400 games. Garbanzo also holds the record for most assists with a single team and is second in hits in the same regard. With the current league structure and talent level, a player would be happy to even come close to Garbanzo's level of success much less try and close in on the same levels. Short of the SHL season expanding, I don't think we will see any defenseman reach his levels of play again.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

New sim engines means new GOATs. The old ways can have their goats, but we play a fundamentally different game at this point so it would be unfair to compare players who began their careers in FHM to players who played their entire careers with simonT. Personally, I think the real GOATs will emerge with this engine. In that respect, I expect either James Ronlain or Michael Fitted to be franchise GOATs. While neither of them will hit 2,000 TPE, they will be known as the leaders that carried this team through the dark times. Ronlain is already an adept scorer with minimal help from Tom Fiddler or our inactive helpers. Michael Fitted too will be a prolific scoring center, and I expect before long he will the 1-2 punch on the first line, a Crosby + Malkin sort of deal. We may draft technically "better" players in the future, but none will compare to the longevity of Ronny and Fitted and the work they put in to make this team happen. S60 cup lifters right there.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

My pick for the best Smjhl St. Louis scarecrow player is the former and currently retired 4 star cup winner Logan Jensen. In his last season with the team in season 39 he and the crows made it all the way to the 4 star cup where they would eventually hoist the cup. The game was tied late in the 3rd and suddenly the crows were on a breakaway and when the puck ended up on Logan’s stick he knew all he had to do was shoot and when he did it went right in to get the cup winning goal. The crows held the lead and even scored another goal to secure the victory. For the crow awards he got the best player both season 38 and season 39. Best two way forward in season 39. Best forward on the team in season 38 and 39. Awarded the most active in the locker room in season 37. In his rookie season he also got playoff mvp. Logan also racked up a lot of goals and assists in his 4 years with the club. And that is why Logan is one of the best crows of all time.