Create Account

S55 mPT #4 - Make The Case

No one can hold a candle to the Berserkers; they will hoist the Four Star Cup

FOR. While I'm not a member of the team, I'm an active alumni and have followed them through the entire rebrand/rebuild-process. They went from the bottom of the league to the top and the only thing missing is a Cup. Carolina certainly is tough competition, but with a bit of sim luck the Berserkers can and will get their Cup. The team is strong enough for that.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Against: New Orleans will break the FHM President's Trophy Curse and win the Challenge Cup as well

New Orleans is full of shit. They are only good because they can score. I doubt they can make it all the way. We are looking at a first round exit right here. All luck going on no talent.

Pass Forfeit (D) ● Player Profile
Kraken Rage Panthers

[Image: esilverm.gif]
Special thanks to Blitz, jhockey, Ragnarr, and sulo for the gorgeous sigs <3

[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Code:

Same talks wen’t around the league last season and we all know how it ended. I think it’s clear that Berserkers are favourites to win it all, but there are still teams like Kraken, Raptors, Knights and others, who are big professionals and might bring Four Star Cup to their city. Pretty simple - it’s hard to say which team gonna win it this season.

Stars Stars Stars

New Orleans will break the FHM President's Trophy Curse and win the Challenge Cup as well

Against.
The curse is too strong. Of course, the team is doing great and should be the one to take it all, but I don't see the curse being lifted this season. But hey, there is always next season.

[Image: 32882_s.gif]

Oliver Pettyfer / Isaac Cormier Hale / Eva Lykke Aparjode
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2020, 07:44 AM by .Laser.)

Code:
The new expansion teams should be placed in West Virginia and Montana #NOLEAKS

AGAINST. As a West Virginia native, the idea of placing any professional sports franchise in the state is horrendous. Would I love yo have a pro level team to go and cheer on on the weekends? Absolutely. However I also know that the team would not make enough money to sustain itself. Drugs would be a rampant problem in and around the stadium, and the team would be booed and abused if they did not do well. West Virginia has some of the most loyal fans in the world, but also some of the most vicious. They'll go insane if you win a big game or win a game at all, as evidenced by the burning couches tradition, but have little patience for losses.

So, basically: West Virginia does not have the infrastructure or financial well-being to support a pro team, and if it did, drugs would be a huge issue in the city surrounding the stadium.

A bit forward-looking here, but Tampa Bay will continue their drastic improvement and win double-digit games next season

I think for sure that Tampa will hit double digit wins next season. Already we have 6 wins in about 40 or so games. There are some great active players that are continually earning TPE as well as some players getting called up. The current core will continue their TPE earning. Myself especially as Zoltan Topalo will be entering the SHL On the Tampa and should be around the 750 TPE mark. Just getting more active players on the roster should push Tampa over that edge.

Barracuda Barracuda Barracuda

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-18-2020, 10:05 AM by notoriousTRON.)

Code:
New Orleans will break the FHM President's Trophy Curse and win the Challenge Cup as well

Against. Primarily because if I ever have the opportunity to take 'the field' in a bet, I usually do. We haven't had a repeat champion on the site as long as I've been a member here and I wouldn't bet on it this time.

Code:
A bit forward-looking here, but Tampa Bay will continue their drastic improvement and win double-digit games next season

Against. Speaking as a Toronto North Star, rebuilds are long drawn out processes and even with the stable of talent that Tampa has, it will take time for them to mature to TPE levels that will allow them to be competitive in a top heavy league.

Code:
The New England Wolfpack are the best team that won't make the playoffs

For. On one hand, NEW has 48 points and the team behind them, Baltimore, has 27. But on the other hand, they are just a point behind Chicago for the final playoff spot in the East. I believe that Chicago is the superior team and will hold on to the last playoff spot, leaving New England on the outside looking in.

Code:
The MVP awards are Monkey D Luffy's to lose

Against. Luffy is having an amazing season on an amazing Buffalo team. His 58 points leads the league for now. However, he'll have to hold off teammate Dick Clapper (57) and Daniel Smeb (56) of Chicago. Smeb, for instance has two games in hand in the point race and plays for a playoff bubble team compared to Luffy's juggernaut Stampede, meaning the Smeb arguably means more to his team as an individual. Case in point, there are two Buffalo players in this conversation. Luffy may well win MVP, but I wouldn't call it "His to lose."

Code:
Scholz or Kirkby will win the Stevens Award for best defenseman

For. Scholz has 43 points in 39 games and Kirby has 39 in 40 games. Kirby however blocks more shots but he also has slightly worse puck control numbers with 39 giveaways and and 21 takeaways to Scholz's 23/26 respectively. I think these two defenseman are in a tier of their own but I'd give Scholz the inside track to the award.

Code:
THE RETURN OF CAMERON CARTER - CCII will land on an all-star team!

Against. Chicago's great season has landed a lot of their players in these discussions. Carter is having a fantastic year with 32 points in his 39 games, but he's outside of the top 50 forwards in scoring and he's giving the puck away a lot more than he's taking it away (31 vs 5). CCII has had a fantastic 14 year career, but age seems to be catching up with him.

Code:
Parker Smeb is the toughest player in the entire SHL

Against. Smeb has the most hits in the SHL by an order of magnitude over the next player. I think you can undoubtedly call him the most physical player in the SHL. He's also 4th in the league in penalty minutes. I wouldn't classify those things as making a guy the 'toughest in the SHL.' I consider it far tougher to lay in front of a slapshot for your team. Nat Emerson has 209 blocked shots so far this season in addition to triple digit hit totals (111). Emerson would be my pick for 'toughest." Plus, you can't be the toughest guy in the SHL if you've lost your only fight, as Smeb has.

Code:
Collin Gibbles will finish with the most takeaways in the league for the third straight season

For. The aforementioned Emerson gets a shout out here with his 44 takeaways, but Gibbles has three more in three less games. Both players play for teams that don't have the puck often, which will boost takeaway opportunities but I don't think Emerson is going to be able to close the gap on Gibbles this late in the season.

Code:
The Calgary Dragons are the team that most urgently needs to make a deadline move

Against. Calgary does need some help if they want to make a run at the cup, but I think Texas would be a better answer here. Texas is coming into it's competitive window and adding some veteran leadership could give them the recipe they need to win this season.

Code:
Of the major trades that have gone down in the past month, Edmonton's move for Theo Morgan stands out as the best of all

For. Morgan is in his prime and is sitting among the points leaders in the league. With results like that for a player his age, it almost doesn't matter what price was paid for him. Combine that with some of the head scratching trades we've seen lately and the Morgan deal looks even better.

Code:

Against. I hope not. I'm a believer that Canada needs another team. Seattle, St. Louis, Montreal, Ottawa, and Vancouver are all better choices than the sparsely populated states of West Virginia and Montana.

Code:

Against. I have not followed Juniors very closely this season, unfortunately. Looking at the standings, Carolina and Anchorage look like they could make a push. The Berserkers are indeed elite but again, I'm going to take the field here because I don't think NL is quite that far ahead of everyone else.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Code:

Against.

West Virginia? Why? I like the idea of a team in the Midwest but I would much prefer Colorado over Montana. I don't think I can even name a city in Monta...ok maybe Cheyenne? Boulder Blazers out of Colorado with a marijuana theme is my vote. As for the other team, how about New Mexico or Mexico Rattlesnakes or something? Let's get a little LOCO in here! 

Edit: Cheyenne is in Wyoming, my apologies.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

FOR
boy you already know it. Tampa's top line next season will be around 1350 TPE, which is nearly good. But so far, that top line has managed to do some good things and steal a few games here and there. More importantly, our D improves drastically with the addition of GM Ambacas Cuddles, clocking in around 900 TPE at the start of next season. This automatically makes him our best defenseman in terms of TPE. Hamr is already a solid guy on the backend with only 850 TPE. Additionally, we get Zoltan added to the mix, who should be around 800 TPE, an easy replacement for Tigerman who sits at 499 and is full goon mode. Goalie Huuveri will likely replace Benji if he does indeed retire, which may be a tough blow as Huuveri doesn't have as much TPE as Benji, but we've seen over performing goaltenders make a huge difference before. All in all, it should be just enough of an improvement to see us hit those 10 wins. Whats more, I wouldn't be surprised to see one or more teams start selling off assets which puts us in a good position to win more games.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Code:

NOLA will definitely break this curse I've never heard of and win a Challenge Cup again, a fact which I will attribute to the fact that prettyburn and I are on the same team, and We. Win. Cups.

[Image: thistidalwave.gif]

ArmadaUkSpecters
Player | Updates

A bit forward-looking here, but Tampa Bay will continue their drastic improvement and win double-digit games next season?

For, they will win double digits next season, and maybe even make a playoff run, I like to see teams that do not have any chance on paper make a upset and shock the world. Good luck Tampa Bay.

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

08-18-2020, 11:24 AMJenny Wrote:
Code:

NOLA will definitely break this curse I've never heard of and win a Challenge Cup again, a fact which I will attribute to the fact that prettyburn and I are on the same team, and We. Win. Cups.

against
new orleans doesn't have their talismanic, totally not cancerous third line center with a surprising playoff clutch gene in mitchell van der heijden which means they don't have a playoff legend and totally not self-centered young player, and they may not win the president's trophy anyways as they're currently tied with buffalo, who just loaded up again with eko van otter, and edmonton (with a very easy schedule left) are only one point back. can't break the curse if you don't win the trophy to begin with

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

08-18-2020, 12:11 AMGeckoeyGecko Wrote: Parker Smeb is the toughest player in the entire SHL

k im pretty sure thats @Kylrads player and im pretty sure thats true because kyl is an adc main. this means hes a masochist and being masochistic probably makes you tougher? i mean id probably stop hitting somebody if they started moaning every time like bruh

yo apparently this is actually @ofer @O4L @whatthefuckisofersshlname player not @Kylrad which is weird because i thought he was the only active smeb? tbh i shouldve known i made him a sig but ofers player, while idk about his toughness, is a bad person who much like ofer wont re add me on league

[Image: sig-e-e-geck-atl.png]

e

Code:

AGAINST - okay well, ignoring the fact that we already know one of them isn't, I think we all know these are dreadful ideas. We already have teams in Edmonton and Calgary, so unless we're just trying to play connect the dots through the wasteland, I don't think we need to put anything in Montana too. Also, the only acceptable team names for a team in West Virginia would be "Country Roads" (roads are not a good mascot) or "Mountain Mamas" and while I actually kinda love the second one, I just don't think hockey is capable of not making sexist jokes about it yet.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

For

Tampa has no where to go but up, and their current stretch of success proves they have the pieces to succeed. They aren't standing to lose anyone of importance to the expansion draft due to their draft exemptions. They already have a strong top line, they are winning with only those three above 1000 TPE as skaters, and they are looking to add Ambacus Cuddles on the backend with Jakob Hamr next season, their goaltending would be scary if not for the fact Jerry Huuveri is coming up. Frans Eller has shown a good system can assist in a goalies success even if they aren't playing in front of a fantastic team. Zoltan Topalo would also improve their forward depth and maybe allow someone other than Fitted, Fiddler, or Ronlain to score. On top of that, Dwight Knight is a top earner in his class (2nd) and could make an early jump to the big leagues. Really, you could see Tampa Bay running:

Knight - Fitted - Ronlain
Topalo - Fiddler - Keahi
Archer - x - Tron
Wanesly - x- Kaspermatsivu(?)

That's a stong top 6 that could take games of other teams easily, if not that they still need to have Topalo up to avoid waivers which could fit him in on the first line to create even a stronger presence there, or improve the top 6 overall with only a 1LW and a 1RW needed. Defensively:

Hamr - Cuddles
x - x
x - x

Defense is the only thing really holding them back from success, in my opinion. With Devin Williams retiring they are not going to be able to, well, play him. And their most recent drafted defensemen are from S55, so they're still a ways away from cracking the big leagues. They're also a ways from playoff contention, but again with Huuveri coming in as one of the better goalies in the J this season and could presumably produce in a similar way to Blue. Tampa good.

[Image: mazatt.gif]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]