Create Account

Open letter:Expansion GM announcement
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 08:36 PM by Tomasnz.)

Dear HO team,

Sorry guys, I love you all and know how hard you work on this stuff. I don't know what went on or what the reasons for it were. But despite coming to a great outcome (both will be great GMs). I can't help feel you messed up the expansion GM appointment process. It feels rushed and uncessarily so.

Were their applications so strong that it wasn't worth interviewing even 2-3 others than also applied? Even just to be sure you were making the right calls.

And where is the feedback to those that applied along side these.two fine members? (Honestly this is the worst part - these members all made huge commitments to apply. You definitely had time to give some feedback befoe this announcement, and it was a hugely disrespectful act to announce without having that ready)

Further this is a marquee site event. Or should have been. It only happens once every 10-20 seasons. Why rush it like this? It didn't need to be drawn out like they last one was.. but this was like announcing who the new hall monitors are for the summer term.

As someone just returned to the site this didn't make me feel like this is as an inclusive place as I know we all want it to be. Good transperent process is important to achieving that. And this has fallen short in my opinion.

Both GMs will be great I am sure. But I think you speed to the finish line when you should have taken the time this appointment deserved.

With love

Tomasnz

Ps: TD suck - even this one.

Edit: response from commissioner
08-14-2020, 08:19 PMSDCore Wrote: Hi,

I am sorry to all the applicants who didn't get the job. I mentioned this in my post, you all did fantastic jobs. I want to address some thing here quickly. It is Friday afternoon for me, this is not an excuse but I just drove home from work, I need to feed the dog, walk the dog, make dinner, and do stuff so forgive my slow response.

@39alaska39@frithjofr@Wally@DaftRaincloud@Acsolap, I think these are the few who applied who have been on this thread. I will extend a personal apology to you. At the time of this posting Tomas was not aware of a few things we were setting in motion. HO was already assigning our members to review and chat with the applicants, in fact I know a few of those convos have already started. I'm sorry this didn't happen before the posting went up, for that I take responsibility. We were talking with the 2 we selected and didn't want it to leak out not from us. We thought that would hurt more, obviously we were wrong.

Please note, I am sorry and will personally talk to each member who applied but did not get the job, if they want met to. I know everyone was excited about this and I feel like posting today, we did the site a disservice. 

Again, our intention was not to hurt or make anyone feel lesser than, but to get the information out quickly and then work through talking to members. I see the error in this now.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

You know you fucked up when Tomas decides to post about you.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Just putting it out there I spent 8+ hours on a 30 minute video outlining my expansion bid and never received a single message from anyone in head office. Feels like a massive waste of my time to never even get acknowledged.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

HO what is you doin girl

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

08-14-2020, 07:46 PMDaftRaincloud Wrote: Just putting it out there I spent 8+ hours on a 30 minute video outlining my expansion bid and never received a single message from anyone in head office. Feels like a massive waste of my time to never even get acknowledged.

Oof is this for real? This combined with the allegations that not everyone was interviewed is pretty concerning.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020, 07:53 PM by frithjofr.)

This is the closest I've ever seen Tomas to rage. It's like your dad saying he's not angry, he's just disappointed.

I also want to add that I worked for hours writing up, reviewing and editing a roughly 5.5~ page application within Google docs, and days coordinating with a pair of artists from my would-be expansion city to commission branding and logos that were faithful to the culture and heritage of the city's people, happily paying them for their work out of my own pocket. I knew spending money on this didn't guarantee I would get the position, but I had a clear vision that I wanted to honor.

While I was disappointed not to have gotten the expansion nod, it is what it is. What truly upset me was not receiving a single message from anyone involved in the hiring process acknowledging my application.

The logos I had commissioned, for what it's worth.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-07_at_12.29.58_PM.png]

08-14-2020, 07:46 PMDaftRaincloud Wrote: Just putting it out there I spent 8+ hours on a 30 minute video outlining my expansion bid and never received a single message from anyone in head office. Feels like a massive waste of my time to never even get acknowledged.
I spent a week or so writing an application and designing a bid to not get a response either. I know the feeling friend.

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

08-14-2020, 07:48 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:

Oof is this for real? This combined with the allegations that not everyone was interviewed is pretty concerning.

100% true.

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/glswenson.gif[/img]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/agentchadjohnson.gif[/img]

08-14-2020, 07:48 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:

Not everyone? You mean no one was interviewed.

Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.

08-14-2020, 07:51 PMAcsolap Wrote:
08-14-2020, 07:48 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Oof is this for real? This combined with the allegations that not everyone was interviewed is pretty concerning.

Not everyone? You mean no one was interviewed.
In some way, I’m glad to know it’s not just me

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

if you force tomas to td you you're doing something wrong

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

08-14-2020, 07:49 PMDaftRaincloud Wrote:
08-14-2020, 07:48 PMACapitalChicago Wrote: Oof is this for real? This combined with the allegations that not everyone was interviewed is pretty concerning.

100% true.

Holy shit, for that long and in depth of a video to not receive a response of any sort is inexcusable.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

08-14-2020, 07:52 PM39alaska39 Wrote:
08-14-2020, 07:51 PMAcsolap Wrote: Not everyone? You mean no one was interviewed.
In some way, I’m glad to know it’s not just me

Want to preface this by saying that Hotdog and Tig are absolutely deserving and I have no issues with either of them getting a team. However, to be the second longest (tied with Tig) serving junior GM in site history and not even receive a courtesy message to say they've selected someone else for the job. It's pretty grating man.

interview these balls

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]

an interview?

[Image: TommyWestbrook.jpg]
[Image: UznKCpb.png]