Create Account

S55 PT #5 - Playoffs (Remix)

ISFL Welfare (username: Thor)

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Taking inspiration from the NBA playoffs, I’d like a reference as up to date and “hip” as Pitbull and Timber for the SHL playoff promotion. Legendary artist Jason Derulo has signed on to perform his hit song “Talk Dirty to Me” but of course now it’s “Talk Playoffs to Me”. You may be asking “Why Jason Derulo?” Well, I haven’t listened to music since 2013 much like the creative directors over in the NBA, but I have seen the blockbuster hit film “Cats” which he was a star in, so clearly his relevance has not wavered over the years. It also works perfectly for playoffs since a good portion of the music video features 5 people dancing. At that point in the promo, we’ll show the starting 5 players of each team’s lineup performing the same dances. There’s about 17 million cuts so plenty of ways to splice together all the playoff teams’ players. Just when you think it can’t get more rad, who shows up but 2 CHAINZ. I may not know much about music but the coolest artist ALWAYS start their verses by announcing their own names. I can tell this will be a hit.

[Image: tomhanks.gif]

[Image: TH-Sig_.gif?width=479&height=337]

Quote:Written Task (150 words min.):Describe the TV commercial you've designed to promote this season's playoffs. What music will accompany the commercial (remember this is something that people will be hearing over and over again throughout the playoffs)? What teams/players/messages will you feature?

Back when Halo 3 was just coming out, Bungie/Microsoft went with an ad campaign that really impressed me. Part of it was interviews with "veterans" of the games wars, just actors playing the part of UNSC soldiers. And I think a commercial of players that have retired would be cool to see.

But the truly best spot, in my opinion, in that series of ads was 'Believe', which was a video of one point in time during a battle. The combatants are all frozen, and the video looks like it's consisting of models on a diorama set. Chopin's Raindrop Prelude plays as we see soldiers screaming, firing their guns, enemies surrounding them. And in the end, you see Master Chief being held aloft by an enemy commander. You think he's dead, until you notice the grenade in his hand is active and he looks at the viewer.

My ad for the Challenge Cup Playoffs would be similar. It would feature tilt-shifted, three-dimensionally rotating stills of games between the teams involved, in different situations. A defender slides to block a shot. A player gets crunched into the boards by an opponent. Someone wheels away from the net in celebration after scoring a goal. A goalie reaches out to stop the puck just moments before it crosses the goal line. A coach yells in frustration at a player on the bench. The Halo commercial highlighted moments of action and drama, the SHL commercial can do the same.

Keep the same song. I think Raindrop Prelude has a very epic feel to it, as if something great is about to happen, and that's something you really want to sell to get people interested in watching the games.

The final shot would be the opening faceoff of a game. The camera pans past the frozen centers on the draw, past the benches full of players tentative and still, down a hall, where we see the Challenge Cup shining in all its glory.

Here's a link to the ads I was talking about: some of the interviews, and the final Believe advertisement. Still my favorite ad campaign ever. ■

[328 words]

[Image: 9ZNnX19.png]

Canada | Player Page | Grizzlies | Player Updates | Inferno

As an avid non watcher of television. My commercial is going to be a featured ad played before youtube videos. There will be no “skip after 5 seconds” for my commercial. The song would be the “Space Jam” theme song, because there is truly no better song out there for a montage hockey commercial. This is a general SHL commercial and will feature highlights throughout the league. Messages will feature “You can do it”, “Shoot for the moon” are the main catchphrases. This is obviously targeted towards the younger market being a web based commercial. We will slip in some subliminal advertisements of course such as “Watch hockey now” and “SHL IS BEST HL” quickly flashing across the screen. Commercials are meant for recruitment ,and there are no better TPE zombies out there. Kids and adults love Space Jam and will be instantly drawn to our advertisement. Ultimately there will be a picture of michael Jordan hoisting the challenge cup and of course him out on the golf course afterwards.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

PBEPT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

A camera enters an empty hockey arena with the lights out. As it jumps on to the ice and makes its way to center ice, it looks into the empty stands as the sound of fans chanting "We Want The Cup" grows louder and louder. At center ice sits the SHL Challenge Cup on a podium which becomes clearer the closer the POV camera gets. Highlights of the best goals, saves, and hits of the season featuring every team is played as the song Dream On by Aerosmith is played in the background. The unknown player then lifts the Cup and begins to skate around with the Championship over his head as a Play by Play call of an overtime goal is scored resulting in the end of the Championship Final. The closing scene shows quick flashes of the logo of every SHL team with the final words being "Witness dreams become reality." Then the SHL logo flashes on screen and the ad ends.

[Image: PLAYOFFS-1.png]

[Image: lespoils.gif]

I would probably make a pretty generic commercial to hype up the first round of the playoffs. I would probably feature 1 player from each playoff team and sort of have them face off against one another while providing a small quote about what winning the cup would mean to them. In the background I would need some hype music playing some EDM music or rap would probably be good. For the first matchup in the East between Manhattan and Hamilton I would grab Ola Wagstrom and Aaron Wilson respectively, two of the top forwards in the league. For the other Eastern series I would grab 2 defensemen in Parker Smeb for the Chicago Syndicate and Cassius Darrow for the Buffalo Stampede. Over in the west, I would grab the two veteran goalies of the Calgary and New Orleans series: Aleister Cain and Kata Vilde For the last series of Edmonton and Texas, I would grab the two coaches/GMs of the team to mix it up a bit.

[Image: 60354_s.gif  ]
[Image: 1yZYUXK.gif]
Sig Credits: Gorlab and Kylrad
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2020, 06:39 PM by Blastmeaway.)

[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-08-29_at_3.38.01_PM.png...eight=1238]

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid347860

[Image: benoconnor.gif]
[Image: H9wdMVb.png?1]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] [Image: HKi05IH.png]

With Buffalo Soldier by Bob Marley playing in the background, the Buffalo Stampede skaters backed by their star netminder, dressed in iron clad armor with hockey stick guns, are shown invading and claiming the city of Chicago, dispelling the rage of Manhattan, caging the Steelhawks of Hamilton, braving the blizzards of Edmonton, imprisoning the renegades of Texas, slaying the dragons of Calgary, and ghost buster style capturing .the Specters of New Orleans, in this action packed playoff commercial. Led by team captain Monkey D Luffy, two to three players travel to each location to destroy their enemies and take what is rightfully there's, the S55 Challenge Cup. 30 seconds of action packed sequences will have everyone watching thinking one of two things - "GO BUFFALO" or "What on earth did I just watch?". In both cases a massive impression is left on humanity around the world, and Buffalo's victory is subsequently celebrated with record number merchandise sales.

[Image: On57CfR.gif]
  Knights Usa Stampede Patriotes Inferno Argonauts Aurora Renegades Stampede   

The commercial that Gunnar Söderberg is honored to participate in is sort of a "feature" commercial hyping up the Syndicate to promote playoff ticket sales. It features the Syndicate's S47 draft class players doing some fancy footwork and stuff on the ice with some really dramatic text overlays and a booming announcer voice talking about how they have these four players just hitting the peak of their performance level, and how everyone should want to come to the games. (for the sake of this PT please pretend you don't know about us losing). The entire dramatic thing is set to a techno remix of My Kind of Town by Frank Sinatra, with something by Post Malone thrown in there to appeal to the younger crowd (it's just Post Malone saying "Yeeeaaahhh...oooo-ooooh" at strategic points during the commercial). The four players all do something dramatic, like taking a shot or crushing a faceless opponent with a huge hit, and then at the end of the commercial they all skate up to a line (which line, we aren't sure, the lighting is very dark and desaturated) and a graphic overlay glows yellow and Post Malone says "See you in the playoffs."

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

The commercial is set at a darken practice rink with Elijah Jones skating and stickhandling with in game footage mixed in showing the Panthers put away some goals. This is repeated for all the teams of the SHL, featuring one of each team’s stars. This commercial comes early in the season when none of the teams eliminated yet. The song Crocodile Rock by Elton John is played over the footage. Various endings for teams are shown with them celebrating and hugging. The commercial then goes through hash tag slogans for each team like LA’s: #DefendTheJungle. The final scene of the commercial is various shots of the stars for each team in various poses, e.g. Jones with his stick down on the ice or one of the team’s with a star goalie in net ready to make a monster save in the playoffs. This will be a memorable playoff commercial because it will feature all of the current SHL teams, these are the final playoffs with just this group of teams in the SHL.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

My playoff song remix would be Nickleback. Nickelback is a Canadian rock band formed in 1995 in Hanna, Alberta, Canada. The band is composed of guitarist and lead vocalist Chad Kroeger, guitarist, keyboardist, and backing vocalist Ryan Peake, bassist Mike Kroeger, and drummer Daniel Adair. Nickelback is one of the most commercially successful Canadian rock bands, having sold more than 50 million albums worldwide. In 2009, Billboard ranked them the most successful rock group of that decade; their song "How You Remind Me" was listed as the best-selling rock song and the fourth best-selling song of the decade overall. They were listed number seven on the Billboard top artist of the decade, with four albums listed on the Billboard top albums of the decade. So why not use the greatest Canadian band to make a classic playoff remix. I would remix any one of their songs and it would be a great hit.

[Image: gurbs.gif]