Create Account

S55 Championship Week

1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?

My player had an up and down season overall. Unfortunately my offseason large TPE update was not processed and I was missing over 60 TPE for the first 14 games of the year. After that was noticed and fixed I feel my performance went up overall. As a center I always want my wingers to do well and I feel like both my wingers had great years. I think my player could have helped more defensively overall and hope to bring more of a complete game next season. I was well into the minus before my update was fixed and then I finished in the plus so I need to work hard at building myself to be a better player this offseason. I think as a team we really played well and grew together as the year went on. We had troubles keeping the puck out of our own net and need to work on that next year. My own goals this year were met as I did get closer to my teammates.

2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This offseason will be extra exciting, as it features the rare expansion draft! Write about how you think the expansion draft will play out, either for one or both of the expansion teams or from an SHL team's perspective.

The expansion draft will be exciting for everyone on the site. It's great to have lots of people active on the forums and events like this are rare so I hope it is very memorable for everyone involved. For my perspective as a Dragon I know we have some great players we risk losing so from our franchise we will be looking to see who can step up and fill the hole. I think the expansion is going to lead to a lot of great memories. I think there will be some surprises and a few trades that happen. I think each team will be trying to draft active players. Even if they are a bit older maybe they will fall in love with the franchise and when they recreate they will only want to join this new team. The goal will be to have an active discord and a fun team to be on that grows together I bet so hopefully the new teams get some cool faces to rep their new cities.

5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What are your predictions for the upcoming IIHF or WJC tournament? What team do you think will win/surprise people/be bad/etc.?

I will be paying close attention to the World Juniors this season as I am on Team UCORAL. They announced their roster 2 days ago and it seems really strong and I think we have a chance to win it all. We have two great goalies with Thor Odinson and Name Redacted both being capped and great goalies. On defense we have 6 players at 425 TPE and above with 2 others close behind. Also on forward we have 9 players at the cap or above and the next 3 are in the mid 300's. For TPE we have a great lineup. Our coaching team with TheSparkyDee and CaptainCrazy are really passionate about the game. I think having 3 great nations to draw players from like Russia, Latvia and Czechia makes it really easy to make a strong team. But we have a great mix here of different types of players and I think this tournament is quick and frantic and we are here to win it all.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?

The teams have decided to hold a benefit rock concert where all proceeds will be donated to the Children's Hospitals in their respective cities. As hockey players they have been around the game since they were young and have all known some kids who have ended up in the hospital. Without the great care these places provide a lot of kids would never make it. Hockey players and hospitals go hand in hand and the SHL would join in by matching a portion of the proceeds raised. The rock concert would feature players from each team joining together to form a mega rock group and performing a 2 hour concert outdoors to a crowd of at least 100,000. There would be dancing, fireworks and barely any clothes. People would be living in the moment and for a while all their cares would be gone as they dance the night away to pretty colors and sounds. There is lots of money to be made in selling t-shirts here.

13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

A; I think Buffalo has a better defensive core overall and it will be hard to get past them. Cassius Darrow is as godo as it gets and I think when he is out there it will be tough to do much of anything. Old boy Selich is as steady as it gets and you know you can count on Alexander when it's all on the line.

B; I think home ice will be a deciding factor in this series. I could see it going 7 games and if that's the case we are going to see a packed crowd. Unless there is a pandemic in which case with no crowd it could hurt the home team. So we will just have to see how healthy the world is at that time.

C;No I don't think the player ratings in bravery, aggression and fighting will make as much of a difference as the coaches choices will be in using their players. You might be great at hitting but if your coach tells you to prance around like a pony out then that's what you will do. If you are a tiny scoring machine and your coach tells you to go hit anything that moves....you gotta eat.

D; Eko van Otter is just so cool to me it really stands out. There is some funny names and some cool hockey sounding names but Eko van Otter just has this snap to it. I think it would be great to hear an announcer calling it out in a big game. Eko is also short and sweet and I am a sucker for names with an O in them.

[Image: dVy6XWn.jpg]
[Image: 9POiosr.png]
First SHL goal on first SHL shot in first SHL game.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2020, 11:49 PM by RippleLuck.)

Code:
Reflection on your season - how did your player fare on the ice this season? Did you meet or surpass your individual player goals or did you come up short? Whether you excelled or disappointed - what can you attribute that to? What will you try to do better next season?
Pavel Kharlamov had a season that was better than last year but fell short of what he had hoped for. That could be said the same for his team the Scarecrows, who .400% win percentage after a 3rd place finish last season fell to 4th last in the league. Kharlamov had 21 points and 9 goals which is up from last season but Kharlamov had a 8.33% shooting percentage with a minus 19. Kharlamov looked good out on the ice, overall he had a much better game rating but having a 96.1 PDO is the big standout as it was one of the lowest in the league. The low shooting percentage and PDO might be the biggest reason his season was lackluster and something that should be worked on in the offseason by doing more shooting drills and reviewing more film to have a better understanding on defense. Overall Pavel was happy with the small improvement but has lit a fire under him to get better.

Code:
168 words

Code:
3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
It's too late for this go-around of expansion, so hypothetically - should there be SHL franchises in other continents? I saw some interesting European proposals in the PT. Should these - or proposals for any other continent that's not North America -
become a reality in the SHL?

I do like the ideas of an overseas team but would need to be at least two teams to make it work so travel would be lighter. Pick two cities with a big market like Stockholm, Helsinki, Berlin or London are good examples. Then you have one or two teams fly over to play a baseball-like series against each of the European teams then fly back while either the european teams do a road trip or have more teams fly in. Again the more teams overseas would help reduce the logistics problem. Beyond the logistics issues I believe that the league could easily expand to Europe or another continent.

Code:
109 words

Code:
4. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?

There are two teams that could have easily been in the final instead, those are The Carolina Kraken and Anchorage Armada. First Carolina was let down through the new format and had to face the strongest team in Newfoundland and took them to seven games. Carolina was the second best team in the season and was looking to repeat as champions. Next would be the Armada who had a hot finish which landed them the top seed in the west. The Armada faced and lost to the Timber in the second round in seven games, they were also up 3-1 in the series and could have ended it in an overtime thriller in game 6. Either of these teams could have made the finals and nobody would have batted an eye.

Code:
131 words

Code:
14. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

My choice for the SMJHL playoffs is clean and easy in Cale Amundsen. Goaltending is everything in the playoffs, without a solid last line of defense you will not go far. So to go into the stats which are close to the Timbers goaltender Leo Bloomfield, in a .924% save percentage and 2.01 GAA on top of 4 shutouts in the playoffs. Newfoundland also had no standout on forward, with several being at least or near a point per game. Cale Amundsen ends up being the clear standout with the shutouts winning them a series on their own and keeping it to about 2 goals against helps on a deep playoff push.

Code:
113 words

Code:
Trivia 3 TPE
Luck

Code:
Podcast 4 TPE
Link
8 minutes
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 12:20 AM by Nhamlet.)

Quote:1. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Given how I performed last season, tying for the point lead and barely missing out on the goal scoring title, those were some lofty expectations to try and hit in a consecutive season . I am very happy with how this season turned out as despite missing out both titles this season. I was able to improve on my point totals on what was already an extremely successful season, having consecutive greater than point per game pace as well as demonstrating an ability to distribute the puck when I was more of a scorer last season. I think a big part of my success this season despite not having the same kind of even strength chemistry with my old line mates was due to the meteoric rise of Mats Marner, being able to completely dominate with the man advantage.

With next season being my first in the SHL, I’m definitely hoping to shore up my defensive game and aim to not be a liability at the very least while I continue to build my offensive game around being somehow who cannot be knocked off the puck.

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This offseason will be extra exciting, as it features the rare expansion draft! Write about how you think the expansion draft will play out, either for one or both of the expansion teams or from an SHL team's perspective.

It appears with the surprise addition of Cassius Darrow as part of the exposed list for the Buffalo that Darrow will most likely be the first overall section of the expansion draft. There are a few tantalizing players to pick from but Darrow remains the most attractive out of all, especially with being a top earner in their class and easily a #1 defensemen on basically all teams in the league. As a result of Darrow being available, I think that’ll kick start Seattle’s decision to build a more immediately competitive team and make the most out of the two top defensemen they’ll already have between Darrow and Murphy. Atlanta could possibly compete for some of those players as well but with so many of them being UFAs with the likes of Theo Morgan, Bo Kane, Oliver Cleary etc., taking advantage of the many younger top choices will be the way to go in order to have a slower but gradual goal of becoming successful.

Quote:3. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
It's too late for this go-around of expansion, so hypothetically - should there be SHL franchises in other continents? I saw some interesting European proposals in the PT. Should these - or proposals for any other continent that's not North America -

I think that realistically with the number of other choices to possibly expand in North America, there’s aways to go before international choices will ever be taken seriously. If for some reason the need for expansion exceeds another 4 teams for both the SHL and the SMJHL, then there might be reasonable consideration for some more exotic choices. I would be interested in potential spots in the Scandinavian countries, both West and East Europe primarily. One of the primary factors for potential expansion choices is the semi realism of it being a possible hub that would accept hockey to some degree. While a place like Madrid or Barcelona are more known for European soccer than hockey, having the rabid fan base of those who share the same passion in European soccer would be a fantastic add considering how we already have many of those users on the site as it is.
Quote:4. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)

Which SHL or SMJHL team was the best team to not make the finals this season and why?
For the J, I think Carolina would be an easy pick as they were a potential repeat choice were it not for having to face Newfoundland again in the Conference Finals. But I do want to shed some light on Anchorage as they looked absolutely dominant in the regular season, especially on the defensive side of things. Not only were they able to allow the fewest goals in the regular season but they were able to provide staunch defense without taking penalties, taking almost half as many as most other teams. Their depth on their defense was quite possibly the best in the league and had a top 2 forward lines that could match any other teams. Above all, Scoochie looked absolutely unbeatable.

Quote:
12. Podcast, 3 or 4 TPE
Record a mini-podcast on any of the below topics!
- Highlights of the S55 season (on or off the ice)
- S55 playoff round-up
- S55 Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup finals Breakdown
- S56 predictions

1 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 5 minutes or 4 TPE for 7 Minutes
2 person Mini-Pod: 3 TPE for 6 Minutes or 4 TPE for 8 Minutes
Post the direct link to your podcast.

https://soundcloud.com/nhamlet21/s55-cw

Quote:16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

tea

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

Not as great as I wanted to. That's the god's honest truth. I wanted to be better than I was the year before, and to a degree I was, but after the garbage Joseph Weston displayed on the ice last year anything would have been better. But still, even through this year, I should have done more. There's so much that Joseph Weston wanted to accomplish and still wants to do so, but there's still so much more to be done to earn those kinds of accomplishments. It's a long road ahead, but Weston has to sit himself down and see what he wants to do. He's got a lot of heart some might say, but does he have the drive or spirit to get there? What happened? It's hard to stay motivated through the long seasons, especially when you see so much happening in the world and you have your own life to live. But you have to own that and keep pushing through it. It's what we're here for after all isn't it? Gotta keep going through that fake hockey.

No, this should not hypothetically happen. I get this seems very Americas-centric of a response, but even in a fake hockey league that just seems too outlandish. Yes European proposals will have merit, but after all some ridiculous things always will. It's very possible for these to be well written but still too strange. If anything, some sort of off season based European league would be great. That would be a cool way for European people to run a league that seems more focused on them, but also this may not be enough to feel very representative of the numerous people we have in the League from all over the world. No matter what, it will be difficult to find any sort of solution that pleases everyone.

The Carolina Kraken. I am not sure how anyone could come up with any sort of other suggestion, no team was as close in the series played across the league to advancing. For the second season in a row the Carolina Kraken/Newfoundland Berserkers series was the real final, no offense to the Maine Timber, but they would have gotten crushed no matter whom they played in the final. The Eastern Conference SMJHL Semi-Finals was a heavyweight bout of unmatched proportions. These teams could have battled each other across a hundred different games and ended up fifty fifty, it was that amazing of a series. Sadly Carolina did not win this year, but it was helped by knowing they won the year before.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What are your predictions for the upcoming IIHF or WJC tournament? What team do you think will win/surprise people/be bad/etc.?

The United States of America are going to fucking CRUSH the upcoming International Ice Hockey Federation tournament. This team is entirely ready to demolish the competition and take the gold that they rightfully deserve. This team has so many stacked players and is entirely capable of winning over everyone else. Although it's difficult to prepare for one games and this can result in the worse team overall getting a clever win, the United States of America have so many people all ready to take the ice and bring gold back to America. This is going to be a season to remember to say the least that's for sure!

Quote:13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both of these teams have stacked defenses - which team do you think has the defensive advantage in this series?
b. In the two regular season matchups, each team won once at home. Do you expect the results to reflect a home ice advantage in this series?
c. Based on FHM player ratings, New Orleans has higher average ratings in bravery, aggression, and fighting? Will that toughness have any impact on this series?
d. What is your favorite name from a player appearing in this series? Why do you like that player's name?
e. There are several animal names in this series - which of these animals is the coolest? sloth, hippo, otter, monkey, fox, kirby.

a. The defensive advantage goes to Buffalo because of their ability to maximize making all people into one single role while complaining about others. It's really funny but it's also effective so clearly that advantage is going their way so Buffalo should get the advantage of who has the better defensive stats for the series. It just works that way.
b. I definitely foresee after the two regular season matchups resulting in each team winning once at home that the results of the series will reflect that there is a home ice advantage in this series. Things of the past have a way of repeating themselves and as such it would make sense that after splitting the series in the regular season that the postseason would showcase a split of the home games.
c. Based on the player ratings in FHM New Orleans may have a higher rating on average for things like bravery, aggression, and fighting, but those gritty ratings might not make the difference. In the end it will come down to have the most people and time to run things in test sims, especially if they are potentially bringing in as many people as possible.

Quote:16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
Cap

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 11:04 PM by Jorec.)

My expectations this season for Adrik Baranov’s rookie season were pretty simple really. I wanted to see an improvement in all aspects of his game, both on offence and defence. Given that he completed last season with 21 points, -19 and 53 giveaways, he had a solid chance of improvement, especially in the defensive department. This season he ended with 21 points, while being given far less power play time and a little less ice time overall. He brought his plus/minus down to -6 while cutting cutting his giveaways down to a much more reasonable 22. Despite the fact that he only matched last seasons point totals, I’d say that I was very pleased with his overall improvement in underlying defensive numbers. Despite it appearing that his offencie has stalled in development as he only matched last seasons point totals, it really has improved quite significantly. He got two minutes less power play time and less ice time overall while still maintaining his numbers.

164 words

It's too late for this go-around of expansion, so hypothetically - should there be SHL franchises in other continents? I saw some interesting European proposals in the PT. Should these - or proposals for any other continent that's not North America -become a reality in the SHL?

Over the years I’ve seen this proposed a few times and every time I feel that it’s a pretty silly idea. Not because having an SHL team over in Europe wouldn’t be a smash hit, but because of the logistics surrounding shipping teams too and fro from their games. Depending on where you are in Europe, it can take over eight hours just to get to a city, not to mention the time change and resulting jet lag. Teams traveling each way would have to be scheduled in such a way as to give them extra time for this travel and to recuperate, making scheduling much more difficult overall.

109 words

The Anchorage Armada are the best SMJHL team to not make the finals this season. After topping the western conference with a 35 win, 12 loss/3 OTL loss season, they were knocked out right before stepping into the finals by the Maine Timber. The Armada had six players over 30 points during their season. Eight players with a plus minus of over plus twenty and their goalie ended the season with the lowest GAA at 1.62. All this shows us that they were a solid team with some of the highest scorers in the league while playing sound defensive hockey and really seemed destined for that trip the finals.

109 words

My prediction for the upcoming world junior championship is that UCORCAL will dominate once again, except this time, they will medal. Last season was a prelude to what is coming this season, as UCORCAL dominated their preliminary games, showing just how good they can be before they got to the medal round and were knocked out by the human wall that is Leo Bloomfield. UCORCAL has only gotten better since last season, as their defence has filled out into being almost entirely maxed out TPE earners such as Ambacas Cuddles, Chris Goodname and Adrik Baranov. Their forward corps continue to be extremely deep, with such notable leaders as (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn, Mack Daddy and Kriss Darzins. With their goalies being some of the best in Name Redacted and Thor Ordinson. Last season was just a taste but this season they are going to go all the way. In fact, I’m willing to say they’ll get gold this season, fully shaking off what happened last season with a triumphant victory over the rest of the countries.

175 words

6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) The world's hottest app is TikTok - which SHL or SMJHL player would have the biggest following on TikTok? What do they post there?

It takes a certain kind of personality to do well on apps like Tik Tok. You have to have a certain pizzazz, something that’ll let you video yourself doing silly things for the entertainment of others with an earnestly that makes people want to follow you. Of all the players I know of, I think that Turg Turg would be the one to have the biggest following. His brand of silly caveman antics would really ensnare the public. Look at how memorable those old insurance commercials with the cave men were, people love them and they would love Turg Turg as well.

102 words

11. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: oJF2mlm.jpg]

16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Bingo

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 07:17 AM by DollarAndADream.)

The maximum, as always, is 16 TPE. Mix and match whatever tasks you desire, but the maximum TPE to be earned from this is 16. [/align]
The deadline is Monday, September 7th at 11:59PM ET.
[align=center]

Code:
I was 25th in the league in points and 2nd on my team, so I don't think I'll ever complain about that output. That put me at 48 points in 50 games. While I'd always rather be a point per game at least, I think that's a fair production from my player. I was also 18th in the league in goals with 23, so Choybuk's definitely been keeping up that sniper mentality. I can definitely attribute Choybuk's success to my teammates out on the ice. Without having them out there passing to me to score my goals, or scoring goals to give me assists, I would not be where I was this season, production-wise! Not only that, but I have learned from the greats in Calgary in Mike Izzy and Esa Anrikkanen. Legends of the game and great players to model my own game after. Next season I will be a little bit older, but my goal is to try and have at least 40 points or more. Keeping that consistency up will be key.

Code:
In the expansion draft this season, I have no guesses as to what might happen. Teams are going to lose great players and the teams are going to start off at good points when they debut as a franchise on the ice. I have to say I have one idea of what will happen, and that's Cassius Darrow going 1st overall. That's a huge player being available in this expansion draft, and obviously a big piece for an expansion team to pick up and build around. It's not often during expansion drafts that you get a player of that caliber. If I look at this from a Calgary Dragons perspective, it is going to be sad to see players go. Now that I look today and the draft happened, it's very sad to see Chico Smeb and Alexei Rykov go. Two very talented players and both were great in the locker room. I'm sad that I would be seeing them on the ice in Calgary Dragons red anymore, but it will be fun to compete against them next season on the ice.

Code:
While other leagues such as the VHL have teams from other continents in them, I just don't think it makes much sense. If you were to factor in all the travel costs and travel time for the players, realistically, it just would not work. I suppose in a sim league you can have any team you want from any location, but if we want to bring some sort of sense of realism, then the distances shouldn't go that far. The SHL works in North America, and I honestly think it should stay that way. In the VHL, you have a whole European Conference, with Helsinki, Riga, Malmo, and the like, but I feel like the SHL sets themselves apart by not including that. Branching off to Europe does open up a lot of ideas, but to me, there's plenty of ideas to be had by sticking in North America. If you want to retain any sense of realism in a hockey league, then you stay away from Europe or somewhere else. Having basically full days of travel thrown into a sports schedule just sounds ridiculous.

Code:

Code:

Code:
6. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) The world's hottest app is TikTok - which SHL or SMJHL player would have the biggest following on TikTok? What do they post there?

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) The two finals teams have decided to team up for a fundraising opportunity to benefit both cities. What noble cause will the teams decide to benefit? What sort of fundraiser will the teams hold together? How will the two teams mesh before the finals start?

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE. Think you can do better? Design a new logo for the Buffalo Stampede or the New Orleans Specters or either of the teams in the SMJHL finals.

Code:
9. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup championship ring for one of the teams in the finals. (A four-star cup championship ring for the SMJHL is ok as well.)

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Create a magazine cover that highlights either a player in the finals or a standout player from the regular season.

Code:
11. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

Code:
13. Written, up to 4 TPE Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Both of these teams have stacked defenses - which team do you think has the defensive advantage in this series?
b. In the two regular season matchups, each team won once at home. Do you expect the results to reflect a home ice advantage in this series?
c. Based on FHM player ratings, New Orleans has higher average ratings in bravery, aggression, and fighting? Will that toughness have any impact on this series?
d. What is your favorite name from a player appearing in this series? Why do you like that player's name?
e. There are several animal names in this series - which of these animals is the coolest? sloth, hippo, otter, monkey, fox, kirby.

Code:
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Reflecting back on the series, who gets your vote for series MVP? Make the case why this player deserves it over any other.

Code:
15. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

Code:
16. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is now completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
boobs

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 05:48 PM by O4L.)

Code:

After winning the Stevens in S54 my individual goal for this season was either winning another Stevens or helping Corey win one. A lot of SHL awards these days is who can score the most vs the bad teams and unfortunately for whatever reason, we struggled scoring lots of goals vs those teams as much as we did the year prior which hurt all of our best players point totals. Our team struggled out of the gate before playing much better and then around 30 games in we just went on an awful streak where all our players underproduced. I still managed to break the 40 point barrier in the last sim of the season but was 13 points off my point totals from last season but was still 4th in D scoring so it wasn't all that bad. I was glad to still league the league in hits but next season I think I'll tinker with my build and hopefully end up dominating again.

Code:

Expansion is always an exciting team for the SHL. It's always hard balancing how much you want to compete now with how much you want to set yourself up to compete in the future, especially with the behind the scenes politics and unfair playing field that can exist within SHL at times. I think both GM's were excellent choices and will help to make the expansion draft as fair as possible. With multiple Smebs available in this expansion draft I hope both are picked high and treated with respect, I think both teams should value competing in the future vs trying to win now since unless you have a horde of players joining you in free agency right after expansion it can be very hard to do much in your first few seasons. From Chicago's point of view, we have a number of solid players exposed in this draft so hopefully, we can come out of this content with who we lost and who we got to keep.

Code:

This should've happened ages ago and it's stupid it still hasn't. Makes no sense for all the teams in a fake simulation sports league where continents and conferences and timezones literally do not matter at all to be based and playing in North America. I've said this for like 30 seasons and there have still been zero teams placed in Europe or Asia or anywhere outside of North America. It would be really great to see the next time the SHL expands to get unique EU teams instead of 2 more boring NA cities but since it's SHL I doubt it'll happen.

Anyway, Copenhagen Pagans 4 life

Code:
I think right now you'd have to go with Canada as the favourite and Japan as the team that will most likely surprise people this year. Last year lots of people had Japan not even making the medal round, but not only did they make the medal round, they upset the USA who was completely undefeated the entire tournament leading up to that point and the likely favorite to win the entire tournament. Japan ended up finishing the tournament in 4th place and barely missed winning a medal but should be able to see even bigger growth this season. With players like the Smeb bros, Luffy, Martijn Westbroejk, Akira Ren all making big improvements and Ryuuji Minamino and Jack Klompus being called up from SMJHL and being allowed to use their SHL builds the team should have even more threats to score and should be a real threat to upset the top teams and win their first medal.

Code:
c. There are no players named Smeb in this series so my options are already limited. I guess if I had to pick one I'd go with Poopity Scoop even though it isn't that original Poopity Scoop is still a great name taken from one of the greatest moments in human history.
d. Kirby is easily the best out of all of those options, but is Kirby even an animal? He literally has a copy ability in one of the games called "Animal" which sounds like a dumb ability if he were actually an animal and kinda offensive tbh. Kirby is still the best option out of those so I pick him.

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE

verification: kdone

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

ISFL Welfare +3 TPE (Username: Thor)

I can't say that this season really met my expectations for my performance, while the personal performance was acceptable I had hoped to be able to help carry the Falcons at least to a few playoff victories. It seemed that the S55 season was going to be unable to live up to the expectations after the S53 4 star cup win, despite Odinson playing as a backup through that series. That was until the championship week began, and Odinson received the call up to back up Doyle in the net for the Stampede on the way to a challenge cup victory. While he again didn't play any playoff minutes in this series, the moral support was abundant and helped Buffalo take the victory. Next season Odinson doesn't know what to expect, while he probably won't be called up - he wouldn't be surprised to see Detroit trade him for assets or draft picks as they look to rebuild a depleted squad.

I am an international user and would love to see some teams outside of North America! Europe would be the obvious choice with the following that hockey has there, but this is a simulation league so all rules are out the window, send a team to Japan, Australia, hell get creative and go to Antarctica! Putting these kinds of teams in the league may spoil the 'realism' to some people but the fun of it is in appealing to a different username in a more unique and relatable way. I'm sure this is a topic that will bring varied and conflicting views to the surface, but it's something I'd be very happy to see happen.

Oh boy I have to say it, and it's not because we were a good team deserving of being there because of our player skill - but instead because off the ice they're one of the best teams I've been a part of: the Detroit Falcons. Though they had a victory recently in S53 the squad deserved a better shot at a cup in S54 and since we didn't get it there I think we should have got it this season if for no other reason than they have the God of Thunder on their side. Despite a horrendous regular season result, the Falcons should have gone all the way off Odinson's back alone.

Quote:5. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)

Well, UCORCAL has a great shot with an abundance of talent on their roster but the big determining factor I'm going to talk about for their WJC efforts is the two new capped goalies that are on the squad for the first time. Name Redacted and Thor Odinson both transferred over from teams under the Team World banner leading to a complete changing of the guard for this seasons' competition. The two goalies will hold down the net for UCORCAL as they push for a medal and hopefully a gold one, they have shared a net before and have great chemistry so expect to see fantastic efforts - that should free up the defensive and offensive lines to play more aggressively and push the puck up the ice with ferocity that should have the other teams in the competition very concerned. Expect to see Name Redacted and Thor Odinson having excellent stats in their new homes this WJC.

BUFFACUP

[Image: Thor-Hockey_2.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 05:29 AM by Dextaria.)

Code:
This season was terrible for Ryosuke Sato. Becoming a veteran in the SMJHL, Sato had an all time low in points, hits, shots blocked, and takeaways. To add salt to the wound, he didn't even manage a single goal in the entire 50 games season. The only bright side to this season is that Sato woke up in the playoffs being half a point per game with 3 goals and 1 assist in 8 games played. Also in the 8 playoff games, he put up 11 hits and 11 shots blocked with and almost even takeaway to giveaway ratio. Extended to a full season, Sato would have had 25 points, 69 hits, and 69 shots blocked which is much better than the 8 points, 35 hits and 49 shots blocked that he actually got. With this disappointing season, I am hoping for a big bounce back next season for Sato. My hopes are at least 20 points on the season, 40 hits, 60 shots blocked, and a positive takeaway to giveaway ratio. This may seem hard to achieve, especially with how the season went this time around; however, the team around Sato is improving and hopefully he will get a little more puck luck going his way.
207 words
Code:
Atlanta Inferno: I think we did extremely well this expansion draft in picking up players that will not only benefit the team now, but our team in the future as well. This can be seen in our first pick were we picked up Keith Lee from the Toronto North Stars. Lee is a an excellent addition to our team and can bring leadership and locker room presence for this squad. Furthermore, our second pick in Guy O'Shea will help out our defensive core now and in the future as he continues to grow as a player. In the net we also were able to snag Samat Beibitzhanov who is going to be our starter and is continuing to grow as well. This is not to mention our other picks of Eko van Otter and Manuel Gotze who will round off the first line, and Geoff Moore who will round off the first defensive pairing. Then, we picked up some veteran leadership in DeMaricus Smyth and young talent in CT Carragher and Patric Twist. Overall, I think this expansion draft was exactly how we wanted it with solid picks to allow us to compete this season, as well as preparing the team for the future. I am excited to see this team perform this coming season.
215 words
Code:
I know I wanted a team in Guangzhou to be called the Guangzhou Dynasty, but to be completely objective and unbiased, I think tapping into other continents is not the best idea out there. There are still a number of cities in North America that I feel deserve a team such as Montreal and I think that there would be more people in favour for that over a team in another continent. I think a big part of this is because although the SHL has international users, I am unsure if that user base is greater than some in North American cities that would like their cities represented as well. However, if someone has an amazing proposal for an international team, I do not think that it should be turned down solely due to its team placement, especially in the SHL. I would value the concept, GM, and overall plan over the importance of the location because to be honest, the location is not that important as long as it gets support.

172 words
Code:
Being completely biased, I think the Vancouver Whalers were really good this season and had a really good shot at the finals. The team had the goal scoring but their goaltending faltered in the face of the Carolina Kraken. 5 goals on 30 shots should not have been the average and yet it was. Being completely unbiased, I think that the best team to not make it to the finals is the Carolina Kraken. The Kraken pushed really hard against the Newfoundland Berserkers and I think their series against them was a tougher series for Newfoundland compared to their final series against the Maine Timber. This is nothing personal against the Timber; however, the Berserkers and the Kraken were on the top for the most part of this season and their series came down to the wire. The Kraken could score, defend, and be physical. They could do it all this season and if pucks bounced their way, maybe they could have even repeated.
164 words
Code:
Although Team World faltered the last 2 seasons, I think they have a really solid chance in surprising doubters that say that they can't make it past the 2nd round. In my first season of the WJC, Team World were lacking a bit up and down the team. The team was still young and was packed full of rookies. In my second season, the players improved; however, most of them were still capped at 350 TPE. The team was not dominate and failed to meet people's expectations. Things are different this season because there are new GMs in place and they are looking to hopefully shake things up. The team may have lost their goaltenders Redacted and Odinson; however, they also picked up Stratton who had an amazing season in the SMJHL. This is on top of all the rookies from 2 seasons ago that have progressed immensely. That is why I think that Team World will be able to turn some heads this season in the WJC.
168 words
Code:
a. Defensively, I think the New Orleans Specters have the advantage there. They have the likes of Rex Kirkby, Lyle Odelein III, and Kaspars Claude who are excellent two-way offensive defensemen in my opinion. The Buffalo Stampede also have excellent defenseman such as Cassius Darrow; however, I think the complete defensive lines for the Specters are better. (56 words)
c. I think that bravery, aggression, and fighting will play a large impact on the series; however, this toughness may come to the detriment of the New Orleans Specters. This is because the Buffalo Stampede powerplay is lethal and I do not think that the New Orleans Specters should be playing a physical game where they get burnt on the powerplay. If the team is to play a physical game, they must know where the line is or else it may be their downfall. (82 words)
d. I think my favourite name from a player in this series is Hippo Passamus. It is just something about the name Hippo Passamus that just rolls nicely off the tongue when you say it and this is in addition to the uniqueness of the name that makes it stand out. There are no hard sounds in this name and it just sounds so smooth to say. (66 words)
e. Out of al the animal names in this series, I have a particular affinity to otters which is why I think the otter is the coolest. They are cute, swim on their backs, hold hands when they sleep to prevent them from drifting away from each other, and have a pouch where they hold their favourite rocks. Sloths, hippos, and monkeys are also cool, but otters take the cake for me. (71 words)
Code:
Although Monkey D. Luffy had a monstrous series against the New Orleans Specters, leading the team in points. I would say that Michael Scarn also stepped up big for the Buffalo Stampede. Heading into the series, Scarn had 7 points if I'm not mistaken. Therefore, he put up 6 points in the series, almost doubling his number of points scored through the past rounds in the playoffs. In addition to points, Scarn led the team in hits throughout the playoffs and certainly left a physical presence on the series. This is not even mentioning his contributions on the powerplay. And so, while Luffy appears to be the clear vote for MVP of the series, I think Scarn has done just as much to get some recognition as well.

128 words
Code:
Dex

16/16 TPE (plus 6 extra in case)

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Task 1

Despite Texas ending their playoff drought, it was definitely a down season for Kubinec. I didn’t surpass my expectations and I felt like I regressed. In Season 54, I was playing alongside Kvalheim and Goetze and we were finally clicking. We were a force to be reckoned with. But due to some new additions I was bumped off of that line and I just didn’t have time to gel with my new line. We never really got anything going and I wasn’t able to elevate my game. If we are in the same place this season I would expect us to be far better but with Goetze gone, I’d image there will be some changes. Scoring was down for the top players but the younger guys finally stepped up. So I’m not complaining. We were a far better team this past season, I just wish my individual contributions were a little better. But I’d rather make the playoffs, so all is well.

Task 2

The expansion draft has come and gone but it played out as I expected. Buffalo made a deal before the draft so they weren’t hit very hard. We lost two important players but thankfully we have plenty of young guys to step up. I’m honestly not sure who “won” the draft. Atlanta did well and with the new playoff format they might be able to sneak in at a lower seed. But the east is full of killers and they will have their work cut out for them. So I’d say Seattle has a better chance starting out based on the draft and being in the west. The elite teams are softening and it’s all ripe for the taking. The draft went about as expected though and both teams did very well, all things considered. This is also great for the league as it will hopefully stop super-teams and also give some good earners more ice-time. Expansions are always exciting.

Task 3

It’s a sim-league so why not? I’m not really feeling it personally but I think you should be able to put a team there. I’m just not sure how that would work in FHM, if there are customizable options like that. I have not toyed with it enough but I’m sure it’s possible. I’d honestly like to see a whole league overseas at some point even if it’s only 6-8 teams. Get players out of Juniors faster if there is still a bottleneck and have them play a season or two overseas until they are actually ready, from a TPE standpoint, for the SHL. So sure, expand overseas but do a small league instead.

Task 4

Edmonton handled Texas so I might be biased but I think they were the best team not to make the finals. I will not comment on New Orleans but I thought Edmonton definitely deserved a shot at Buffalo. Could they have won? That’s doubtful but anything can happen. I think their window might be getting a little smaller but I like their chances this season again. If Texas doesn’t find success I’d like to see Edmonton represent the West in the Finals. They had our number all season. Hopefully that changes soon and if we meet in the playoffs again, we can prove we belong.

Task 5

Well hopefully Finland finally gets out of the round robin. I’d expect the usual suspects at the top of the table like the United States, Canada, Great Britain, and Czechia. But some of the mid-level teams could change. Teams like Ireland, Norway, and Finland might find themselves in the medal round if Japan or Switzerland fall off, which is possible. Maybe not Japan as they have some remarkable players on that team. Some of the middling teams just have one, maybe two, really good lines which is why they can rarely compete. The top teams just have too much depth. It usually balances out but the United States and Canada just produce too much talent to never be competitive. I rarely make bold predictions and I won’t start here but I think Finland will do enough to escape the first around but after that, they’ll probably be sent packing. Still, progress is progress.

Task 7

Buffalo and New Orleans have decided to raise money to create a sonic speed railway system between both cities since they meet in the finals every season. This will cut down on fatigue from travel, as the train can do a round trip in just under an hour. It will also cut down on emissions in both cities as the train would be fueled by saltwater from the Gulf of Mexico. This will also benefit the ecosystem. Some sea creatures are dying out due to the overproduction of salt in Tampa Bay and fueling the train will help reduce the salt content in the Gulf. Both cities were praised for their decision to go green. However, when the two teams met to commission the train, which has been called the Agitator Express, they got into a huge brawl. The whole deal fell through but both sides have agreed to sit down for discussion again after Season 56 concludes.

Renegades  raiders  Finland
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 09:56 AM by Patty.)

Code:

Code:
For what could well be my final season in the SMJHL I had an okay season.  Our lines changed up more this season than they had in the past.  This was mostly due to having so many capped players so the coaches had more to play with.  I had 19 Goals and 16 assists for 35 points.  Pretty comparable to my 18 Goals and 21 Assists for 39 points from last season.  I would have liked to crack 20 goals at least once to cap off my junior career.  But overall I'm fine with my production this season.  Team success has always been my main focus.  My player's game is built on possession and responsible play. It is hard to not look at my more offensively gifted teammates and not think that all that scoring looks like fun.  But as a team player winning the Cup like we did yesterday is all the validation I need.  I am disappointed my shot blocking numbers dropped.

Code:

Code:

It's pretty easy to point to Carolina as a team in the SMJHL as the best team to not make the final.  The S54 Champs finished only 1 point behind a loaded Newfoundland team.  Newfoundland also had 5 overtime loss points to aid them in the standings.  So Carolina had 2 more wins in the regular season than Newfoundland!  That said the two teams still had to play each other in the playoffs.  It was a close back and forth series just like the previous season but Newfoundland came out on top this time.  Carolina is for sure the best team that didn't make the Final.  The real Final was their series against Newfoundland. 

Code:

Code:

I'm the file worker for WJC this year so I know well how the teams look.  CAN looks like they could be really strong.  They were young last season and are returning a lot of those young players.  And the handful of veterans leftover from the their last gold metal are nearing the end of their time with the Junior team.  So the mix of veterans and young players could make for a very successful combination.  I also like the look of Team World.  They pack a lot of star power with one of the SMJHL's highest scorers from the past few season's in Minamino.  They also have transfer goalie Scoochhie Stratton who was just ridiculous in this past season.  Pair those stars with an extremely solid defense this is a team that should take a medal the real question is what color it is. The UCORAL team could make a lot of noise too.  Their defense is a little suspect but the forwards are strong.

Code:

Code:

Well to keep this topical many recent hurricanes have made it much further inland than is normal.  That being the case Buffalo residents are beginning to wonder if they need to prepare for a hurricane and they havoc they bring.  Lucky or maybe not so lucky New Orleans has been hit by many hurricanes including one just a few weeks ago.  So the player's in New Orleans and Buffalo along with their respective teams management are starting a campaign to raise awareness about Hurricane insurance. Hurricane insurance is a choppy sea for those who don't know what they're looking at or what they might need.  Do I need "All that's left is a few posts where my house used to be" insurance or " a stray tree branch broke some windows and the water got in".  How you make your protection decision could really effect how long it takes to get paid by insurance to repair your home or property.  This awareness effort will be kicked off at a pool party for the wealthy of the two cities.  It'll feature a ice ramp into the pool!

Code:

Code:

My pick for Finals MVP is on the Champion Buffalo Stampede.  Monkey D. Luffy is number one an alumnus of the Newfoundland Berserkers/Lethbridge Lions this is worth a lot of points in my book.  Speaking of points he finished tied for the playoff lead in points with 18.  While playing 3 fewer games than the players he tied with.  It's no secret in the league how good Luffy is.  He's a early round pick in most fantasy leagues and his shooting percentage was very much in the realm of reasonable.  That is to say he's not just riding a PDO bender or a high shooting percentage.

Code:

Code:

Inferno

+16 TPE

[Image: Cracker_Pizza_sig.png?ex=6516546d&is=651...bb4003576&]
[Image: pride23gif.gif]

I feel like Barret McCarthy pretty much kept his usual stride this season compared to the last few. He lead the Manhattan Rage, a team he's been on over 10 seasons now, in sbot blocks yet again, and also had a solid 30+ point performance. Couple that with having both powerplay and penalty kill time, it seems pretty clear that McCarthy has been a steady workhorse for the Dage team for many seasons now. His only disappointment was he felt that he could contribute more on the takeaway side of the puck, but he also isn't going to complain too hard on another successful season overall. His only goal for next season is to really keep up the pace, keep earning, playing solid, and hopefully come away with another successful performance. Overall I'd say another successful season in the books.

Quote:2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
This offseason will be extra exciting, as it features the rare expansion draft! Write about how you think the expansion draft will play out, either for one or both of the expansion teams or from an SHL team's perspective

I think its pretty safe to say there are a lot of good players, young and old, on the expansion draft market coming up. Its hard to tell what each team coming into the draft is thinking. Do you go youngnguns and grow? Do you focus on experience or TPE level? Or do you focus on activity in the LR? Its a difficult situation for any one person or team of people to be in, so its truly difficult to say where anyone goes. What is certain is that players like Cassius Darrow will absolutely find a new home, and whoever gets him will be lucky to have him. Meanwhile over a dozen young players will likely find themselves as teammates in a quick manner

TBC

Hippo had a great season, being on Buffalo's top 6 forwards sort of entails that. With his third season in a row being point per game or better he's quickly gaining traction late in his career. As of late Hippo has been reflecting on how blessed he's been. Playing for one of the strongest teams in the league, there's been no lack of skillful teammates either, playing alongside some of the most notable players the league has seen in recent days. But with the recent expansion see's Buffalo in a new light, departure of highly rated free agent Micheal Scarn will leave an office sized hole in the team. Cassius Darrows departure will be felt both on the ice and locker room, Darrow has been there most of Hippo's career and always had his back. Eko Van Otter also left to another expansion team and was a nice line mate for the short period of time they played together. A seemingly new era in Buffalo, SHL and for Hippo is starting

[Image: obJw1p9.png]

[Image: Xw8foZm.png]

a.
Buffalo's defense is off the charts, it's no contest really. While nola do have some cool names like sniper goalie Cain, they can't really measure in top end or depth on the blue line. Selich, Darrow, Scoop, Wang, Vandy and Owens is a simply unstoppable in terms of both skill and attitude.
b.
I do, because line matching are so important. You can set destructive lines against (if you run those) against opponents skilled lines to lower their effectiveness. My "guess" is that the first 6 games will be a cat and mouse game tactics wise. In the last one we'll see a cheese strategy from one of the teams that breaks the spirit of the SHL.
c.
It will be good if they make use of it, I'm sure there's some brilliant strategy concerning very physical and aggressive play that hasn't been discovered yet. I don't wanna give them any idea's but there might be untapped potential while using the aggressive forcechecker role for all of their players.
d.
For me, uncontested Monkey D. Luffy, not only a great user but also a great character from the Manga i've been reading since i was a kid. I'm happy to have him on the team and as a friend. Buffalo would not be what it is without it's captain on the ice.

asdaweqwetrtyru

RETIRED

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 06:20 PM by bk1689.)

Code:

This season I won't lie. I was a bit disappointed with myself as a whole. I regressed in terms of offensive production, and I feel like my defensive game wasn't raised enough to make up for the lack of offense coming from myself. Going into the offseason, I've realized how hard I need to train as now I am starting to regress and likely reached the highest TPE level I will have in my career. So now I am actively becoming worse and may have to transition into a more defensive minded game so I can help my teammates out. I feel like all of us in Calgary wseren't to happy with the way things went this season as we though we had a legitimate shot to make some noise in the playoffs. With a couple tweaks to our strategies and some more earning from our younger players, I think we can be a force in the West for the next few years coming though.

Code:

I dont see why people are against expansion to other parts of the world. I mean after all, we are a fantasy hockey league. So I think if there's expansion and someone makes the best pitch for a team and it's not on North American soil, I think they should get the team. There would be some cool branding available if we left the Western world and I'd love to see some of those ideas come to life. Hopefully in the future, these people thay have these ideas will be heavily considered even though it may not be traditional to include teams from all arpund the world in one league.

Code:

So, first of all, the 2 charities these 2 teams are working for, ones a bit serious and the other one not so much. New Orleans is fundraising for hurricane relief has the city seems to get hard very often and this is a cause near and dear to everyone on the teams hearts. They may not live in the parts affected by natural disasters, they made sure they all live in very uppity neighbour hoods that will never be touched by the ocean, but they still like to go out and make appearences and help out the city and their fans. Buffalos charity is called BWFEKTCAT. Or in laymans terms, Buffalo Wings For Every Kid That Cant Afford Them. There's no reason that kids in that city should have to go without having a food that they are most famous for and the Stampede want to see to it, that every child in the city gets to have atleast one of these delicacies in their childhood.

Code:

A. These teams are both indeed stacked on the blueline, but I think Buffalo edges out the Specters with the players they have. When you look at the roster and see names like Selich, Darrow, Wang, Scoop, Vanderberg and Owens, there's literally not a weak player there and is a very formidable defensive core to come up against.

C. I think that we have proven that yes, overall toughness does have a bit of an effect on the series. Is it enough to toppe the mighty Stampede? Who knows, but I feel like you can never have enough toughness on your team. You want your opponent being fearful coming out on the ice every game to face you.

D. Once again, I have to go with Monkey D. Luffy. His name is something that you just dont see these days. Having a middle initial with no name ever mentioned makes you think, maybe just D is his middle name. Very Homer J. Simpsons esque and I like the mysteriousness of it all.

E. I have to say, Monkey D. Luffy has the best animal name in the series. Jimmy Slothface is a very close second, but I feel like the D. plopped right in the middle really gives his name a sense of dignity and classiness that you just don't see these days.

Code:

This one is quite simple I believe, the plaoff MVP has to be Monkey D. Luffy from the Buffalo Stampeded.Just look at his stats, besides Theo Morgan, who was eliminated early, Luffy is the only player that not only came close to being a PPG, but he surpassed it. When push comes to shove, Luffy was able to throw the team on his back and proved why he deserves to be talked about as one of the more dominant players, if not the most from not only his own draft class, but the entire league. This was truly his breakout year and looks to be a perennial threat as a playoff MVP as long as the Stampede keeps winning.

Code:
SUBMIT TRIVIA ANSWERS HERE

DONE

[Image: Bk1689.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 11:44 AM by eMLBCommish.)

Code:

If you were to look at where LeBlond was, coming into SMJHL as an undrafted Free Agent signed by the Outlaws, and then see that he finished in the Top 25 in Points, and tied for 13th in Goals Scored, but also be Top Point and Goal Scorer from all SMJHL Defensemen, you'd have to consider it quite a stellar year for the third year veteran out of Biddeford, Maine. Finishing the season 19 Goals and 19 Assists for 38 Total Points, LeBlond was happy to contribute on the ice, but not satisfied with the end results. "Yeah, there is no sense enjoying your year if you can't win a Championship." He said during a Zoom call with NESN. I've got to get better on the defensive side, control the puck better, and feed the others so I don't get too predictable.

When asked if he is shooting too much, LeBlond replied "Coach told me to play my game, and I'm not afraid to throw it on net. I don't care who gets the goal at the end as long as we score. If it's a rebound and any of the boys up front benefit, I'm first in line for hugs and cheers." 

Through 3 seasons in the SMJHL, LeBlond has 150 Regular Season Games Played, and now tallied 30 Goals, 55 Assists for 85 Points, and has an Even +/-. 10 of his Goals and 15 of his Assists have been on the Power Play.

Code:

It's an exciting time of hope, wonder, and endless dreaming for those who can benefit from all the extra jobs coming via the Expansion Draft. In a time of difficulty, it's always a positive to see prosperity come to a full reality. Whether or not this means there will be parity and a balance within the league, or there will be a challenge of seeing newer teams with potentially inexperienced managers, this will all remain to be seen. As for myself, I think we'll see a mix of both success and struggle from our expansion rosters come this new season. Where my own player is at least protected from being picked up, it may always be to his benefit that this will spread out the potential pool, and give an opportunity to play in the SHL a season earlier than I might have originally.

Any expansion of our sport is a great positive. There are no more grounded people, in general, in professional sports, than those warriors on the ice. I'm very much looking forward at seeing how this will all pan out.

Code:

This is a tough one from my realistic point of view. There are too many logistical nightmares to contend with before you even begin considering the additional costs of travel, on top of time zone changes, jet lag, and keeping things on a relevant schedule. In a perfect world, this would be the more ideal way in order to refer to someone as a true World Champion. However, there has never been a successful professional sport that operates one league on more than one continent as of this point. It would be an amazing opportunity to bestow on any league that could make it possible. But it will have some significant challenges to contend with on a rather regular basis, and may just not be feasible long-term.

Code:

Code:

With having won 37 Games in the Regular Season, I would have to say that is was the Carolina Kraken qualify as the best team to not make the SMJHL final.  Having won the Challenge Cup last season, and finishing 1 point behind a talented Newfoundland team, Carolina looked like they would be able to handle themselves and give themselves the best chance to get to the Challenge Cup Finals again.  Both teams appeared well matched against each other, with Carolina surrendering 3 fewer goals all season. As expected, it was an epic Eastern Conference Finals, with many considering that the actual Challenge Cup Finals and the winner of that Series the best team in the league. You can argue the best team won the Championship, but you cannot argue that the Kraken were the best team to not be present in the Finals.

Code:

While I am certainly rather biased about my statements, I think it's a no brainer that the United States will once again win WJC Gold this upcoming tournament season. An absolutely rock solid roster of players, from Bork Lazer, Ethan Price, Patrick Shepherd and the Captain Pojo Biscuit...there is a balanced, fast, agile assortment of players top to bottom. Hockey in the United State is alive and well, and this team is looking to repeat as Champions this season. I'll go out on a limb and say that one of these teams, being Canada or Finland, will not play for a medal, much to the disappointment of their countries. Right now, I will play the obvious card and say Canada versus the United States in the WJC Game.

+13 TPE