Create Account

S56 mPT #0 - Bold (ish) Predictions

Code:
he long reign of Edmonton and Calgary is over - neither of these teams will finish the season atop the Northwest Division standings

The coaching staff of the Calgary Dragons is way too good to not finish top 2 in their division. Their roster is very talented and Calgary has been the best at in-season adjustments season in and out ever since Steelhead77 took over. The Edmonton Blizzard have a lot of youngsters on their roster who are hungry to keep up their dominance, they have not shown any signs of slowing down.

Code:
70 words

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

The winner of the McBride Award (top goaltender) will come from the Atlantic Division

for. i think we have all seen it in the past few seasons that some of the goalies in the atlantic are no joke. youve got Larson, an established name in Manhattan, while up and comers Doyle and Del Vecchio are already making a name for themselves with the Stampede and Platoon. id say those three have an equally good shot.

Texas will be the top team in the Western Conference

Not a Bold Prediction. Texas has had a deep prospect pool for a while and they are starting to reap the benefits. Add to that the massive roster hit Edmonton and New Orleans have taken this offseason and the West in no longer a given to either of those teams. L.A is in retool mode and Calgary has been anything but a sure thing to the door for Texas to take the West is not that bold of a prediction.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

The winner of the McBride Award (top goaltender) will come from the Atlantic Division

(B)

This isn't a bold take because goaltending is such a random factor in FHM. It could essentially be any starting goalie in the league and I wouldn't be surprised.

Falcons Canada

Code:
Monkey D Luffy, extra TPE and all, will have a worse season than he did in S55
That's not bold, the simulating engine hates logic and does whatever it wants whenever it can, so it is entirely possible that Monkey D. Luffy suffers from Franchise Hockey Manager's wrath this season and ends up with worse results that last season.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Texas will be the top team in the Western Conference

Despite the bold font, this isn't actually too bold of a prediction. Texas has been on the up and up for the past few seasons, and while they lost a few key pieces do to expansion heading into this season, the core of the team is still present and only continues to get better. Meanwhile, other top teams in the west like NOLA and EDM have gotten worse. This may be the time that Texas takes their place at the top of the conference. If not now, keep an eye on them the next couple seasons.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png] [Image: UDyqktK.png]

Texas will be the top team in the Western Conference.

I would say this is wrong. Texas is solid up and coming team but they are not yet on the level of a Calgary, Edmonton or New Orleans. I think one of those teams will be the top team in the west. That being said I think Texas will finish as the #4 seed which is still pretty good.

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Code:
There will be no major scandals during the season

Ok... uh... This is a joke, right? Listen, I love the optimism, but this league is built on the back of scandals. How else are we gonna get our enjoyment if not through the anguish of others over major scandals? Hell, I think (even though I haven't really looked) there's even been some 'scandals' in terms of individual situations/hot takes during the pre-season - so even though those technically are not within season, I can only imagine things like that will run onto the season. So yeah, this is gonna be wrong.

I'll also throw out a bonus one, cause I feel like writing a bit more for once.
Code:
The Detroit Falcons will return to dominance and be a top 3 team in the SMJHL regular season

I'm sure the Falcons faithful will be praying this is the case, because they have been flat out mediocre in recent times. But really, I just am not sure I see it happening. Sure, the biggest teams from last season (looking at my own team especially, the Newfoundland Berserkers) probably lost a bit - but going from scoring 1 point less than the Citadelles to being a top 3 team is... a stretch. So yeah, wrong again. Hate being so negative about these, but I guess they're bold for a reason.

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

The Toronto North Stars will finish with fewer points than the Seattle Argonauts

This is false. Have you seen our goalie Harry Carpet. The man is a legit machine. I think the North Stars and the upgrades to their young players will be the difference maker and look for them to turn heads this season. 

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Code:
Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will.

I am AGAINST this statement. It’s hard to argue against a team that went the entire season without winning a game. I need to see it before I can believe it when it comes with Tampa Bay. San Francisco might be bad, but it’s going to be tough to out-bad Tampa Bay.

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Code:
Chicago will win the President's Trophy

(b) Chicago is quite strong with lots of depth all around their team. With two players from S47 at their peak and a defenseman also at his peak with a strong goalie as well they could challenge for the presidents trophy or even the cup itself.

[Image: shepard.png][Image: giphy.gif][Image: TFOzBaZ.gif]

Thanks to @FlappyGiraffe and @ToeDragon84 for the making these sick sigs!

Quote:                            First Goal (3rd Game): Commander Shepard 1 (Nick Brain 1, Noah Gallagher 2) at 8:48

Quote:New Orleans will see a significant decline and barely make the playoffs

New Orleans will clearly decline. They've lost thousands of TPE in net and at forward, and they won't be able to recoup their salary efficiency while retaining high value skaters long term. That said, the East is still wide open and New Orleans clearly has the most effective roster. While I think it's unlikely they even crack the mid 70s in league points, NOLA will make playoffs with room to spare.

> Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will

While Tampa is certainly trending upwards, and San Francisco is trending downwards, I think San Francisco still has the edge in the couple pieces of veteran presence they have around and that they have a promising crop of young rookies. Their season is destined to be one of rebuilding, but I think that with their pieces still in place that San Francisco will have a slightly better record

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

Code:
Neither expansion team will make the playoffs
That's very false. Both teams have a built a pretty solid team that can definitely compete for a playoffs spot. Atlanta seems more likely to do so, since their division is not as tough.
(34 words)

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will

I do not think this is bold at all actually. SFP are probably gonna finish below Tampa Bay this season. Tampa just has a better team compared to them

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page