Create Account

S56 mPT #0 - Bold (ish) Predictions

Quote:Chicago will win the President's Trophy
How can you say this it is a big lie here. They have to do this ahead of the one and only Buffalo Stampede who have the power of the reigning MVP Monkey Luffy and have plenty of better players to win many games so I think they will win this award once again.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

There will be no major scandals during the season

False, during all the time in the SHL there is always scandals ever season to various degrees. Everything will turn to hell sometimes so its just a matter of when and not if

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2020, 08:54 PM by Lime.)

Code:
Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will

This is the absolute coldest take on the planet. San Fransisco is a complete dumpster fire at the moment in case you haven't noticed. They have the backup situation to deal with. They have to face New Orleans, Texas, and Los Angeles a bunch. Tampa will absolutely be better than the Pride this season.

Code:
The Toronto North Stars will finish with fewer points than the Seattle Argonauts

Toronto is still not quite there yet, and hasn't had the luxury if picking up decent players this past offseason from the expansion draft. It will be one more season before Toronto overtakes Seattle.

Code:
Neither expansion team will make the playoffs

Atlanta is a very strong team right now and has a good chance at getting the second spot in the Atlantic.

Code:
Chicago will win the President's Trophy

This is certainly possible. Chicago will be a very formidable team and has tested the best of them so far. Their big competition is their division rivals in Hamilton and Buffalo. All three of them have been a tossup for division leader and president's trophy. It is very much a thunderdome in there. Chicago has what it takes to get to 40+ wins though as long as they play well against the division.

Code:
Texas will be the top team in the Western Conference

In the division maybe, but Calgary and Edmonton are still light-years ahead of Texas.

Code:
The winner of the McBride Award (top goaltender) will come from the Atlantic Division

Not a bold take. Two of last seasons nominees, including the winner, came from the Atlantic. I can certainly see both of them being nominated again.

Code:
New Orleans will see a significant decline and barely make the playoffs

Decline, yes. Significant? Unlikely. Barely make the playoffs? No. Texas is now in position to challenge for first, but there's no way Los Angeles or god forbid San Fransisco gets off their ass and makes it difficult for New Orleans to grab second.

Code:
The long reign of Edmonton and Calgary is over - neither of these teams will finish the season atop the Northwest Division standings

There is nothing to support this. Edmonton and Calgary are the two top teams in the West, let alone the Northwest. Testing indicates they will still hold the top spots, with Minnesota bringing up the rear as always. Seattle's introduction makes things only slightly more interesting. They don't have the team to challenge for number 1, but it remains to be seen if they can outplay Winnipeg for 3rd. Edmonton and Calgary are two of the consistently best run teams in SHL history. It will take a lot to topple them both.

Code:
Neither Buffalo nor Hamilton will make the Challenge Cup finals

This is not a bold take. Someone from the Great Lakes division is most likely going to make the finals. That might be Buffalo or Hamilton, but I think the position is Chicago's to lose. A bold take would be that a team not from Great Lakes will make the finals.

Code:

It won't be as tumultuous as recent seasons (knock on wood), but it wouldn't be SHL without drama. We've had a lot of GM shakeup lately so I expect that to quiet down at least. It's been a while since someone has hurled an actual slur though so we might expect that to make a comeback.

Code:
Monkey D Luffy, extra TPE and all, will have a worse season than he did in S55

I don't see it. Luffy will be at least as good as he was. Look for back to back MVPs and a Karpotsov this season. I have him down for all the awards in predictions. The Luffy revenge tour already started in IIHF and you saw how deadly he was.

Code:
Someone from the S53 draft class will win rookie of the year

Who else would win rookie of the year? Anyone being called up from S54 will have a tpe disadvantage which is hard to overcome. There's plenty of S53s in good positions to score - Seppala and I on Buffalo, Minamino on Chicago, LeGrande on Edmonton.

Code:
The Nevada Battleborn will win the Four Star Cup

The Berserkers are still in a position to defend. I don't see the Battleborn beating them. Besides, Quebec City is the better expansion anyway and has a much better chance considering they actually won a playoff series. The Timber will also likely be returning for a run as they didn't really lose much this offseason. Vancouver has also been on a tear lately, very scary. It's about time those teams were a threat in the SMJHL. The Battleborn will have their time but it is not now.

Code:
The Detroit Falcons will return to dominance and be a top 3 team in the SMJHL regular season

I don't see how they could. They only have 4 425s this season, and like 3 350s? Their team is very sus right now I didn't even realize it was this bad. A top 3 team? Vancouver, Maine, and Newfoundland are all firmly ahead of them. The Falcons are in a bad spot.

[Image: arTbD7O.png]

Germany Berserkers Stampede Stars Barracuda syndicate

Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will

This is actually quite a reasonable one in my opinion because Tampa plays in an overall weaker division than San Francisco which means they get more chances at winning. Also San Franchisco has a hefty cap fine which limits their ability to construct a roster that can put up a fight together with the fact of having to play quite a few more backup games than usual this season.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Code:

Disagree

I think any team in the Great Lakes Division has a chance at it, but I think a Western team will shock everyone and win the presidents trophy. Not as many top end teams in the conference as in the East.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Quote:Tampa Bay will not finish with the worst record this season - San Francisco will

I would agree with this take. SFP had a brutal offseason, has to play their backup goalie for 12 more games than TBB will season, and the Pride come into the season ranked dead last in the league in average forward and defensemen TPE. I think TBB outlasts them and SFP ends up with the worse record.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

Code:
The Toronto North Stars will finish with fewer points than the Seattle Argonauts

Trying to put my bias aside, I personally don't trust the Argonauts goaltending situation to get them many wins this season. It will be very difficult for them to push to be much more than a bottom feeder. Toronto will probably get wins against weaker, non-divisional teams.

[Image: Flusso.png]
Sig by @Evil_AllBran

[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

considering that there has already been a scandal/drama already in the preseason, I'm goin to have to disagree with this take. I haven't been here long, but it doesn't seem like we can go very long without having some sort of scandal and if there isn't on, I'll do it just to make myself right.

56 words

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Quote:The Toronto North Stars will finish with fewer points than the Seattle Argonauts
Lmaoooo ya no. Toronto is on the upswing, joining the rest of the Great Lakes division as hard to play against. Toronto would easily make the playoffs in any other division, especially the Atlantic. It’s a shame ML is stuck in the Great Lakes

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

This is totally wrong! This offseason the Chicago Syndicate lost third pairing defenseman Luc-Pierre Lespineau-Lebrunette. He only played 11 minutes, but clearly he was the lynchpin of the team. Sure they added a person with more TPE than him, but who cares about that! he doesnt have enough letters in his name!

This isn't bold at all. S53 is a stacked reddit class with members who have already been put into prominent positions in the league. With the early favourites as Harrington and Hartmann (and Minamino to an extent), this is basically a gimme prediction - not even close to bold.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Code:

This isn't even all that bold. There's a few teams that are on level with Chicago - Buffalo, Hamilton, maybe Manhattan - but none of these teams are head and shoulders better than the Syndicate this year. It wouldn't at all be surprising to see Chicago finish atop the league.

Something happened on the day he died. Spirit rose a metre and stepped aside.
Somebody else took his place, and bravely cried. I’m a blackstar, I’m a blackstar.

[Image: Wooly.gif]

a bottomless curse, a bottomless sea, source of all greatness, all things that be.

Code:
I don't think that this is actually a bold take because San Francisco has 12 backup goalie games to play this season and this offseason they traded away a lot of their top TPE players. This is in addition to their trades from last season where they traded even bigger players on the team away as they looked towards a rebuild. Tampa Bay on the other hand has been trending in the right direction and are looking to compete in a conference that does not look quite as competitive as the one the Pride are in. 

Code:
I would say this is not a bold take. It is unfortunate to say but the Seattle Argonauts had some big pickups for their team for their inaugural year in the SHL while on the other hand the Toronto North Stars took a major step back defensively losing Jack Kanoff and ~700 TPE IA defensemen. They are currently playing with a <300 TPE defenseman and I don't think that's enough, especially in a much tougher division.

Code:
I would say this is wrong because the Atlanta Infernos find themselves sitting in a weak division giving them a strong chance to get into the playoffs. Their division consists of the rebuilding Tampa Bay Barracuda and Baltimore Platoon, and a retooling New England Wolfpack. This in addition to the team they have built this offseason gives them a solid chance on making the playoffs.

Code:
I would also say this is a bold take because Chicago will be fighting with Buffalo and Hamilton in their division and Hamilton in particular has restocked hard picking up big pieces such as Theo Morgan and Michael Scarn. Also, Buffalo even after losing some big pieces have been able to restock through their depth and still have a number of veteran players on the team to help them potentially win another President's Trophy.

Code:
Texas will be the top team in the Western Conference
I don't think this is a bold take as Texas is progressively getting better season after season while teams like the Minnesota Chiefs, San Francisco Pride, Los Angeles Panthers, and the Winnipeg Jets are either in a rebuild or trying to exit the rebuilding phase. That's already 4 teams that Texas is better than and the Seattle Argonauts are a new team that they may be able to be better than pointwise. This places them around 3rd or 4th which makes them a top team in the west.

Code:
The winner of the McBride Award (top goaltender) will come from the Atlantic Division
I think this is a bold take because it's not too much of a surprise for the best performing goalies to be on the best performing teams. Therefore, I think the McBride Award winner will come from the Great Lakes division and not the Atlantic Division since the Great Lakes Division is so full of President Trophy caliber teams.

Code:
New Orleans will see a significant decline and barely make the playoffs
I don't think this is true because although the New Orleans Specters lost a large number of key pieces this offseason, they are in a relatively weak division and I think they are the best team in that division. The San Francisco Pride are going into a rebuild and the Los Angeles Panthers may be what seems to be a retool. Therefore, the only team threatening the top spot in the division is the Texas Renegades and to be honest I don't think the Renegades are there so the Specters will retain the top spot and easily make it to the playoffs.

Code:
The long reign of Edmonton and Calgary is over - neither of these teams will finish the season atop the Northwest Division standings
I think this is a bold take because although Calgary has undergone regression and the Edmonton Blizzard lost some big pieces, both teams are still extremely good in comparison to the rest of the Northwest Division which consists of the Minnesota Chiefs and Winnipeg Jets who are looking to exit their rebuild, as well as the Seattle Argonauts who I don't think has as good of a team as Edmonton or Calgary.

Code:
Neither Buffalo nor Hamilton will make the Challenge Cup finals
I think this is again a bold take especially with Hamilton's new acquisitions and Buffalo's team still being strong in spite of losing some big players. I think these two teams will actually be facing each other in the conference final and so one of them will eventually make it to the Challenge Cup finals.

Code:
This is bold take and I think there are going to be some major scandals in the season because teams are trying to compete and win so new strategies will be tested. From those strategies, something new or potentially game breaking can show up and it is up to the SHL Head Office to decide if it is legal or not. These strategies will most certainly cause an uproar from the SHL community as well.

Code:
Monkey D Luffy, extra TPE and all, will have a worse season than he did in S55
I think this is a bold take because Monkey D Luffy is in the prime of his career and should be good enough to drive his own line and get almost as many points as he did last season. Therefore, I think this season may be a little weaker than last season; however, it will be not be a worse season than in S55.

Code:
I don't think this is hot take because the only other potential rookies that could win it are S54 players. S53 players have the additional TPE which is huge in the sim and in addition to that there are more S53 rookies than in any other draft class so I don't think it is bold to assume that one of them will win rookie of the year.

Code:
The Nevada Battleborn will win the Four Star Cup
This is a bold take in my books because the Nevada Battleborn were the worst team in the SMJHL last season and although this preseason showed that they are able to be more competitive this season, they are up against some strong oppositions such as the Anchorage Armada and the Vancouver Whalers who look ready for the finals already.

Code:
The Detroit Falcons will return to dominance and be a top 3 team in the SMJHL regular season
While the Detroit Falcons are looking to become competitive again, I don't think this season is the season as in my opinion the top 3 teams in the SMJHL regular season are going to be the Anchorage Armada, Vancouver Whalers, and the Maine Timber. Furthermore, the teams of the Newfoundland Berserkers and the Carolina Kraken are still strong and looking to be a top team once again.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

Disagree, Hotdog has built a pretty good team in Atlanta and I expect them to give us a run for our money for 2nd place in the division. Plus with more teams getting added into the playoffs the odds are a lot better that one of the 2 make it.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Code:

'Tis true. 'Twill be one by mister Zoltan Topalo. Zolton is going to get a ton of ice time and play a big role on Tampa Bay's lineup right away. I think there's a good chance he might lead rookies in goals this year.

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]