Create Account

S56 PT #1 - Crossover

Multi-sport athletes are not all that uncommon in today's world it seems like. There have been so many people that go to college on dual-sport scholarships, or get drafted into two major sports. Thinking of Thomas Rose playing two sports always makes me wonder how he would fare when he was not wearing skates or carrying around a hockey stick. I definitely think that Thomas Rose would want to make the transition to baseball over any other sport, as it comes with a very big paycheck and it was his second sport before he transitioned to hockey full time. Rose is a fairly big guy right now, at 6'3" and 215, the native Swissman would more than likely play Center Field because of the range he has with his feet. As much as he prides himself on his speed on the ice , he is just as quick on dry land and has the athletics to be a pretty solid outfielder. He still has a very strong arm and can track a ball very well, and although he has not swung a baseball bat in years, he was used to seeing 90+ MPH pitches before he went full on Hockey 24/7. While I do not think that Thomas Rose could put up Mike Trout numbers, I do think that he could be an all star in the sport of baseball and could hold his own in the league.

238 WORDS

[Image: yqkRWSj.png][Image: Tn9zpM0.png]

While hockey is Theo's sport of choice, he is someone who loves a lot of sports, and therefore choosing a crossover would be a difficult one. There are definitely a few options that stick out as being possibilities, but if he had to choose just one, it would have to be tennis.

Theo has been playing tennis recreationally for about 10 years, and has loved the sport ever since. While his hockey career is extremely demanding it can be difficult to get matches in, but he makes sure to play when he gets the chance. He'll sometimes watch tennis instead of hockey when he's home. With his love for tennis he decided to finally take the leap and try to become a professional. Not sure how great of a decision that was though.

The largest issue was that tennis is extremely mental and you need to have the mental toughness to not only go the distance in long matches, but to not let points and past games weigh on you. Perhaps the most difficult aspect was playing in the scorching heat that is present at a lot of tournaments. There were some serious questions about whether or not Morgan would be able to compete and even make a living off of tennis, but it seems as though he's coming along. He has hired the staff to help him improve and, while he's not quite there yet, he's in the amateur rankings and trying to work his way up to making a debut at a major tournament.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Yngve Simonsson hails from Sweden where the countries most popular sport is soccer and not hockey. In fact, Simonsson spent most of his youth playing soccer more than playing hockey. Between the ages of 3 and 12 Yngve's family put him in soccer camps and in summer, spring, and fall leagues. He competed in youth program drills for clubs like Obreo SK and Hammarby IF. He was quite good at it and his quick agility and sharp mind had a lot of coaches keen on him. Those skills all benefit him in hockey today, quick on his feet and agile with his body, he plays that way today very successfully. Without soccer, he may have never successfully transitioned full time into hockey and would have never developed the skills with the world class coaches of U15 academy programs for the Allsvenskan soccer teams. It introduced him to Per-Ola Ljung from Obreo SK who in turn introduced him to Roger Ronnberg who got Simonsson involved with Lulea HF and the rest is history. Soccer is an incredibly vital sport to be proficient at as so much translates to hockey. Simonsson still enjoys soccer rec leagues in the summer time in between his work with the Falcon organization.

208 words

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

Timmy Dimbi is an offensive tackle for the Tijuana Luchadores and draft pick of the Chicago Butchers. Timmy Dimbi is a 6'5 309 pound defensive tackle in the Developmental Simulation Football League. How would he fare in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League? Well, it would probably be tough to find him equipment for the big man but he would probably either be a power forward type or a old school defenseman. Dimbi does know how to skate, but for such a big man he may have issues. Although one of his strengths is his speed which may help, but ice is way different than grass. Timmy Dimbi would probably be feared on the ice due to his overall size and strength but his hockey skills would be lacking. In the DSFL, Dimbi is currently looked at by scouts as being athlete that is lacking in the football skills, which I think would be the same as the SMJHL. Timmy Dimbi could possibly play physically in the league, but the players around him would be too skilled for him to have a major impact in the league at least for his first season.

Code:
190 Words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

When the Newfoundland Soccer team reached out to the Berserkers players Matty Sandeen jumped at the opportunity hop out onto the pitch. While Sandeen's true love has always been hockey, growing up in Sweden he also played his share of football. Sandeen's strength on the ice lies in his ability to control the puck and make the smart play. Playing an attacking mid-field role allows him to player a similar style to the one he plays on the ice. While he lacks the breakaway speed to be a threat as a striker, his smaller size and quickness help him cut in and out of lanes to get open for the pass. While not able to do a whole lot on his own, Sandeen showed a nice knack for catching a pass and quickly moving it to an open teammate. Sandeen had a lot of fun lacing up the cleats again and showed he wasn't completely incompetent on the pitch. Never the less, it was clear he chose to peruse the correct sport.

Apart from ice hockey, Lemo Pihl has been an avid fan and player of pool billiards since he was tall enough to see over the edge of a pool table. Having competed fairly well even as an adolescent kid in some local adult tournaments in his home country Estonia before becoming a pro hockey player and thus having less and less time to keep up with the pool circuit on the side, Lemo is keen on finding at least some time at some point to polish up his pool cue once again and maybe see how his now perhaps somewhat rusted skills match up against the best that Anchorage has to throw at him. While maybe not the most technically diverse of players, less the trickster and more of a no frills straight shooter kind of guy, Lemo’s trademarks are his sharp and accurate long range shots and silky smooth short range strokes - just enough to make it right Wink

Code:
160 words

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

As a kid and a young adult Jon Toner had a high interest in rugby. Rugby is among Ireland's most popular sports, certainly much more popular than hockey. Jon was a decent player, he played provincial level rugby growing up through his teens, however eventually transitioned into a full-time hockey player upon moving overseas to play junior for the Halifax Raiders. He still enjoys watching international rugby on TV and watching local club games when he is home in Ireland. However, being a professional hockey player, he no longer is able to play club rugby as the risk of injury was just too high. If he were to attempt to transition to another sport, he would definitely choose rugby, however he was never good enough in his teens to make the big leagues, let alone now as he is in his mid thirties with a lot of mileage on his body, so a transition to rugby would likely be a disaster for him.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

For a crossover sport, I think Mika would like to do something like snowboarding either half pipe or free style competitions. Mika grew up always watching the winter X games and the winter olympics and just loves winter sports in general. I don't think much of his hockey skill would translate over, except for maybe him being in great physical condition. He is a little large for the sport, but I think he could make it work with a little bit of practice. He'd probably be able to get a lot of momentum in the pipe and be able to get great height. Ultimately I don't think he'd really be able to compete in any real competition. Maybe he could do a local competition at the local mountain, but probably nothing bigger than that. He just doesn't have the time or desire to get really good at other sports to be a real competitor as a cross over athlete. He'd have fun and maybe make a few friends doing it, but I wouldn't expect him to be a rising star in the world of snow boarding.

Mika Kandinsky Stars 

[Image: mika_kandinsky.gif]

In an attempt to branch out and improve overall physicality, Kev Kevens decides to try playing in a competitive dodgeball league for a few days. Initially, this goes well due to the fact that Kevens has a fantastic defensive read and can always tell where the opponent is trying to aim. Right away, this skill translated perfectly from hockey to dodgeball and allowed for successful starts to the dodgeball games. However, the actions for throwing a dodgeball and passing or shooting a puck are incredibly different from one another, so although dodging goes well at first, Kevens doesn't fare as well when attempting to hit opponents. In addition to this, when the number of teammates left on the court start to dwindle down to around 5 per side, the game of dodgeball quickly starts to feel more like a game of hockey and Kevens' shot-blocking instincts kick in, causing him to almost always get hit at this point. As it turns out, the combination of being unable to eliminate opponents and having the instinct to block the shots instead of dodge them as the game progresses doesn't turn out to be the best recipe for success in dodgeball.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Alex Oscarsson was not only a talented hockey player growing up, but also a very skilled floor ball player. A sport utilizing a stick and a ball on an indoors surface, floor ball resembles hockey in some aspect. A game lots of people around Sweden likes to play for recreation or professionally. Alex was touted as a very skilled and talented player of the sport growing up, and actually started out playing it before he laced up the skates. He ended up loving the ice, and never turned back.

During the off-season, he spent a small amount of time back home to catch up with some friends. They decided to play floor ball. Alex, growing up a ton both physically and his overall skill, was demolishing the opponents. Floor ball being a more technical game with a big difference in physicality, someone like Alex still stood out for his explosive style and his hard dueling in the corners. Playing vs top end players worldwide, he still held his own beyond peoples expectations.

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

If my player were to do a crossover he would try his hands at football or soccer, however you wanna call it, no doubt. Philipp might have been born in the US but he maintains a strong connection to his German roots and as such, "Fußball" as the Germans call it has been a significant part of his life since growing up, when he started playing to unwind whenever he got tired off the hockey grind but still needed to be fit and active. His talents definitely lie more in the hockey department though, while he is a passionate football player (and fan, whenever the German national team plays), he isn't a particularly good one and some traits of a hockey player don't translate particularly well to a football player. The physicality he learned in hockey would be more of a detriment in football where you don't play the body nearly as much and would probably lead to a lot more yellow and even red cards. And don't even get him started on the riddle that is aerials and headers...

Also, while Football is a beautiful sport it can also be infuriating with all the diving and the other kinds of unsportsmanlike conduct that are a lot more accepted there than they are in Hockey. Philipp would probably never be able to pull off a "tactical" fall at the right time like all the pure footballers can do, and all the theatrics, the complaining and the running down the clock that are a normal part of the game could very well lead to him punching some people like you would in hockey for that kind of behaviour which would be... not good.

This off-season, I decided to try out something different. I always loved playing pick up football, but this time I wanted to see how I would fair playing competitively. I used to play running back, so I found a summer league to join and landed the job as the running back.

On the ice, I play a more offensive game. I have good lateral movement and safe hands, both traits that have helped me at the running back position. The lateral movement helps me weave through defenders and the safe hands make sure I don't run into fumble problems.

We played 12 games during the summer and I fared pretty good for someone who never played football competitively. I broke off some big runs and scored a bunch of touchdowns. Our team had a solid season, but we ultimately lost in the semi-finals. I really enjoyed my summer playing a different sport and it actually helped me get rejuvenated for the hockey season. I think I'm going to do it again next summer.

(173 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
0-0-0
Regular Season - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

Boris was very close to not playing hockey at all when he was a child growing up in Ukraine. Hockey was a very popular sport in the Slavic region, but all the cool kids were wrestling bears. Why Khabib Nurmagomedov was actually one of the kids who played the sport and tried so hard to convinced Boris to join in. "It will make great training for fighting Boris! One day I make American fighting league and I kick American ass thanks to bear training as child" Kabib said. Boris had no doubt that kabib could fight a bear, but could he do it himself? Boris was not sure he had the guts to do it, but later that night he would have no choice. Babooshka was out back tending the garden when a bear approached the garden! Fearing for his babooshka's life, he accepted the challenge and he successfully at the age of 15 wrestled a bear until it ran away in fear! The town cheered for the young local hero and legally made Boris' middle name "The Beast"

[Image: zcOwSzN.png] [Image: b1AwZLU.png]
First ever Yukon Malamute draft pick (1st overall S65)

[Image: ezgif-3-597e9990a5.png]

With Bud growing up in the Midwest, Bud Weiser has only excelled at one thing in life besides for playing some puck, chugging beers, and wheelin the bunnies, and that is Bag’s (Cornhole). Since Bud was seventeen years old, he has been a professional for the American Cornhole Association (ACA). Bud regularly stars in the World Cornhole Championships which aired on ESPN this year. With Bud’s local and now world-wide fan base, he has been a key piece in additional exposure for the sport and the main reason for the ESPN broadcast. As part of the agreement, Bud even got the ACA to require each opponent to have a beer in their hand at all times along with finishing at least three beers each match (he does two per round). Bud was recently questioned about his role in the alcohol rule. Bud’s response included, “Of course I was the reason for it. I am not sure of any reasonable person who plays Bags without some drinks. Also, when you think Bud you know there’s beer.” Bud’s World Championship record is astonishing with one win currently to his name and one vacated for alcohol doping. Last year, Bud failed his alcohol test after being found to have a medium drip IV of beer on him during competition.

[Image: budweiser.png]

Michael fitted has been a great 2 sport star as hes won a pbe title already. Fitted has made his mark winning a wild card MVP and being a decent player on a great team. He also made the jump to the majors very fast as he only spent 2 seasons in the minors. Hopefully the future is as good to fitted as the past has been. While he definatly needs to do more so far hes done his fair share to show that hes more then good enough in baseball. In shl hes still not made the mark head made in pbe and that's ok his road in the shl was a much tougher one playing on a last place team. In pbe hes just been expected to be a good contact hitter who helps his team get through with a dub. Michael fitted knows hes gonna be a star and so far has done star like things the end.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50