Create Account

S56 mPT #2 - Behind the Player Name

Well I was invited by some of my teammates over in the ISFL to join the SHL, and we all decided to make our players at the same time with the same last name, Petrov. I chose Boris as my first name cause it was the most East Europe sounding name possible.

[Image: boriscontestsubmission.jpg][Image: bashbros.jpg]

Fight Record: 39 Fights, 28 Wins, 2 Losses, 9 Ties/Breakups

Hits Tracker

SMJHL S55: 326 Hits (Record)
SMJHL S56: 164 Hits
SMJHL S57: 30 Hits

Total Hits: 520

Well in case you didn't know Kanye West has a song called Lift Yourself and in the song he says some inspiring lyrics that spoke deeply to my soul and that is where the name Poopity Scoop comes from.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

Tor Tuck was named after Jayce Tuck who was another sim league player, who was named after the NFL player Justin Tuck. Aside from that, there is not too much behind the name.

[Image: TorTuck.gif]
[Image: sAx3Llh.jpg]

I Googled ‘Czech last names’ and Kubinec popped up on a random generator so I went with that. Then I followed a similar idea for Josef. I know that’s super exciting. I just knew I wanted a Czech player, even though I never played for them in the IIHF, just WJC. Go figure.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

Bo is just a name I've always liked in general. It's a name I'll likely end up using for a future child. Kane for me is just a name I've always liked as well. It just sounds badass and I'm not entirely sure why I like it. It might be because as a kid I use to watch WWE and I did like Kane there.

Falcons Canada

Originally eyeing the player creation forum, there were a couple things I wanted to do when I created my player. One was ideally make a Japanese player. No specific reason other than Asia is typically heavily underrepresented in most North American sports so being able to break that barrier in a sim league seemed like a fun idea. IIHF Japan also looked like they were in need of some players especially at the wing and having come to enjoy being a winger myself, I wanted to emulate some of my favorite players in Matthew Tkachuk and Blake Wheeler for being big bodies who could dominate the puck without necessarily being physical all the time. So a big boy from Japan meant that I wanted a predominantly Japanese name. For a last name, the reason I liked Minamino was how it rolled off the tongue as if somebody having to announce it would be a name you would remember and one that could have a lot of fun with. It came from the fact that when I joined the site in January 2020, the Liverpool european football club had brought in a promising Japanese player by the name of Takumi Minamino. Honestly I think his name was great and would have honestly copied it one for one if I didn’t want to fully create a fictional player. In following that obvious Japanese name, I don’t have a very good reason why but Ryuuji was the first one that popped into mind. It might be some strong memories I have from one anime in particular, Toradora where the main male character’s name is Ryuuji. I don’t necessarily think it’s a fantastic anime but it’s certainly one of the few harem style ones where there’s an actual ending and the MC isn’t this completely hateable wishy washy...okay I digress.

In hindsight and even immediately, I do kind of wish I picked another first name, maybe another one that blended better as a sports name like Mori Minamino or Mirai Minamino. Actually something that I’ve been wanting to do instead is do a player name change to Ham Taro and change the render to the hamster because why not? In part since my nickname has been Ham ever since joining SHL, having a player that also reflects that, has a Japanese last name in Taro but also referencing a great character? Honestly super tempting right now but maybe I’ll save that for a recreate.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

recreated with a bunch of other people and tried to think of a good last name to use, ended up landing on Smeb, funny name also a league player

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 06:59 PM by Cyanide.)

So Leonids Balzams was a team effort between myself and @The_Y-man_100. We spend about 10 minutes looking up a last name which ended up being one of the most popular vodka brands in Latvia. The first name was just the most ridiculous Latvian name we could put in front of Balzams.

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

I was going to name my player Kirru Wan, however one night while playing games in Hamilton Discord Sleepy said he would name his player that. So i decided on Disisde Dayudie (This is the day you die obviously)

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020, 06:58 PM by Cyanide.)

double post

[Image: oPVEBnn.png]
Credit to Wasty
[Image: wolfpack3.png]
Credit to Sulovilen

Parker Smeb and his bros are named after famous league player Smeb. Smeb is known for being the GOAT top laner and having the best username.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Alexander Selich. The reason why I chose that name is actually quite quick to describe. The lastname is my IRL last name and the first name is the one of my father I actually also chose the firstname of my grandfather for my first player on here.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Uncreative as I am, Mathias Seger was an actual hockey player. He never made it out of Switzerland, so many people don't know about him, but he has recently been induced into the IIHF HoF and has for a while held the record of most international games played in official IIHF tournaments.

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

I wanted to create a player that came from some Pacific island, as to avoid IIHF teams. I basically googled Hawaiian names and picked one that I liked. First name, probably just saw a name that worked and I was like neat.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

My player's name comes from my own inability to think of names. For years, I've been using a random name generated name of Oliver Cleary for just about everything I do. When I recreated this time around, I figured rather than figure out a new player name, I would just use this one.

Code:
53 words

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]