[Image: 3NfeQdx.png]
[Image: rwzgzyB.png]
[Image: ju78wnC.png]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: jrousseau.gif]
[Image: j7ebBxQ.png] [Image: FbT2Pb1.png]
Canada Knights Canada Knights Canada

Looking at the Hall of Fame list, taking goalkeepers can see one undistinguished person who I personally don't know, but looks like there has been a promising player who hasn't been included in that listener. It's none other than goalkeeper Mikke Laukkanen. A goalkeeper who has been one of the best in his drafta class. Played 603 games in the big league, winning 329 wins, 37 of which have been to zero. I don't see why the league hasn't nominated him to that title, but I think he deserves it, well, the stats aren't the same best, but yet 600 + games in the big league prove he's been demanded enough. I believe this must be rectified and let him enter the Hall of Fame list. Of course, every player in the league can't be included in it, but he deserves it. I myself will struggle to come to this list with the big stars.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020, 07:12 PM by Zema.)

Trevor Wilson. He retired on exactly 1000 games played, and scored a total of 753 points over those games. A really strong average for a really good player, Trevor got another really cool even numbers - his shots, ending on 3300 shots over his career. Or an average of 3.3/game, which is pretty good of him. His 341 goals, 151 +/- also showcases a beautiful player.

Looking beyond that, we should be touching on his Penalty minutes. Over the course of 1000 games, he server 287 penalty minutes. Some of those are of course 5ers, but he was generally a really good and sportsmanlike guy on the ice who also produced offensively.

Let's get back to those 1000 games though. There aren't a lot of people that has reached that milestone at all actually! But Trevor Wilson did. He did it while scoring, while leading by example and simply showing what an example he is for the rest of the league and it's younger players. Omitting him from the HoF would be unfair.

Edited @hotdog

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

Not the first one to make this statement, but looking at the stats, it has to be Alex Light. He just ticks all the boxes, and there are bunch of guys who are in with way worse careers. More than 0.8 points per game over 18 seasons - that's it - that's already enough and I should just stop at this point. 22nd in goals - again, that should be enough. And it can't be because of short career. Guys are in with less than 500 games, but he has 900.

Also, he was a captain for both Kelowna and West Kendall. Two Four-Star Cups, three Challenge Cups, IIHF gold, multiple Mathias Chouinard Trophies, the list goes on. Times change - and there's probably more than than just the stats sheet shows when it comes to some HOF players - but it's kind of ironic that this guy has more championships than some HOF guys have goals in their career. Let there be Light!

[Image: sulov.gif]

I'm not very knowledgeable about the SHL and it's history but after a quick scan through the "Players by HOF Status" excel sheet, Mikke Laukkanen's name stuck out to me. He's 7th in W totals and he played 15 seasons. Everyone above him but one person played a minimum of 2 more seasons than him. They are all in the hall of fame excluding one who is up for nomination. He's also carrying a very respectable .905% which is on par with essentially everyone else around him. To make things worse, in the next 13 goalies behind him, 10 are in the hall of fame and 3 are ineligible because they've been active within the last 2 seasons. It's essentially a robbery that this guy isn't in the hall of fame. It's so strange seeing his name way up on the last in white with everyone else highlighted blue. I'm not sure if the user was just not very well liked or his draft class was just stacked.

Falcons Canada

Turd Ferguson, based on this data, should probably not be in the hall of fame. He is one of the lowest, if not the lowest, HOF players on the all-time rankings list in points, with a not-very-impressive record of 39 points in 3 total seasons. The only reason I could see him getting in purely based on numbers is his high PIMs and hits rates, though I'm not sure that's something to celebrate. This guy appeared to be an extreme agitator, with 482 PIM in 123 GP averaging out to nearly 4 PIM/GP. I understand that enforcers and agitators are valuable to their team in certain aspects, but that's an average of 4 minutes of penalty killing time he forced on his team every game. Frankly I would be annoyed by his playstyle if I were his team mate, and I don't think it's something to encourage by rewarding him with a spot in the hall of fame.

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

10-25-2020, 06:57 AMZema Wrote: Esa Anrikkanen. He has the most games played, most points, highest minutes played, most goals, a really high +/-, over 2k hits and a ton of accolytes. One of the true GOATs of the SHL.

Looking beyond the statistics, he was the first ever player to reach 2k TPE. A huge feat that has paved the way for numerous other players to reach the same level. But without the efforts of Esa, it would never have happened.
He's also one of the very few people to ever reach 500 goals, maybe even the only one. Either way, also the first 400 goal scorer in the league. He even has a SMJHL award name after him!

And the last great argument for what can be considered one of the true GOATs is the amount of cups he managed to pull during his 24 year long career. 5 cups as a player, and another one as a GM shows what a truly magnificent player he is. I don't see a reason to leave Esa out of the Hall of Fame.

he's already in the HOF zema ya silly!

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

[Image: pt_4.png]

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

From a numbers perspective but not accolade perspective, Bobby Watson should probably be in the consideration. The North Star and Chief is the leading goal scorer of players not up for nomination, and is one of the highest point per game players of the same criteria. Only 15 players have hit the 600 point milestone and not made the Hall; 6 of them are not yet eligible due to their present or recent play in the league, 4 of them are up for nomination, and Watson leads the remaining 5 snubbed in points and goals per game. From a scoring and numerical perspective he compares favorably to guys like Crossfit Jesus and Conklin Owen who are up for nomination, and is just short of Noro Wozy's production. While Watson might not get in if he was a nominee, it's a slight that his name isn't on the ballot when the time comes each year.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Some of the trademarks of a HOF player are longevity, consistency, and accolades. After taking a look at Luke's spreadsheet, I was surprised that Trevor Wilson was not in the HOF yet because I think he definitely had a hall of fame career. He played for a very long time (in fact, he is one of the few players to play 1000 career games) and he was really consistent at his peak.
About a month after I created my player I checked if there were any other Wilsons in the league, and that's how I found about Trevor Wilson. Even though he was probably past his peak at the time, it still took me another 5-6 seasons to pass him in tpe, which really speaks about Trevor's longevity.
Trevor Wilson was also an integral part of the WKP dynasty in mid S40s and has won multiple cups with them. He scored 448 points in 450 games, almost a point per game, between seasons 38 and 46, and retired in S51 with 753 points in 1000 games, those seem like HOF numbers to me for sure.

Player info | Updates | Stats
SteelhawksCanadaWhalers

[Image: aawil.gif]

So somehow Sergei Karpotsov, a player who played in only 4 seasons and 160 games in the SHL, putting up 120 points, made it into the Hall of Fame and Alex Light, an 18 season player with 726 points over 900 games is not. I know that Karpotsov did win a Ron Mexico and a Jay McDonald trophy and it’s a totally different era, but Light is currently the Platoon franchise point leader and among the top 50 eligible members, he is second in points among players who have not made it to the Hall of Fame. Light was one of the Platoon leaders for several seasons and helped bring home 3 Challenge Cups during the 40s. Light received 3rd all-star team twice and was nominated for the Razoff once and while that isn’t many awards, the longevity and scoring just cannot be discounted. If you want a better comparison, how about Maximilian Wachter, who put up very similar numbers and only won a single award, the Razoff, and yet he is in the Hall and Light is not. So in short, put Alex Light in the Hall. He absolutely deserves it.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Robert Phelps should be a sure bet for a 1st ballot HoFer, The dude is 5th in points in history and has played 2 seasons less than any of the players above him. He's just over 100 points from the 1st place and has played 10(!) seasons less than Anrikkanen, that is literally insane. That should tell you how dominant the guy has been for his entire career. He's not a clear scorer or passer, he's just a complete player and i think we'll have to wait for someone as dominant as him to come around again. Sure we'll see the point totals be a lot different in 10 seasons due to the FHM switch that gives everyone A LOT more points. Phelps played the absolute majority in Simon T though where points were harder do come by. Not only do i think he deserves a spot in the player HoF, but Teddy has been a vital part of the management group of the site, resting the entire site on his shoulders for a good while now. I think the good man should be inducted in both the player HoF as well as staff HoF.

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Beaujeaux Biscuit should be in the hall of fame and he should be getting into the hall of fame very son. He is 3rd all time in wins, has the 2nd best save percentage of the top 5 in all time wins, and was a stable for the West Kendall Platoon. A very good comparable for Biscuit is Calgary Dragon hall of famer, Hunter Wong. Biscuit had 1 more win than Wong all time and also had 3 Challenge Cups in his career. In S41, 43 and 47, Biscuit, managed to capture the ultimate goal of the Challenge Cup with his beloved West Kendall Platoon. The one statistic that is significantly low for Biscuit is his shutouts. He has only had 23 in his career, when most others are closer to the 40-50 range. However, another hall of famer, Tommy Tuck, only had 27 shutouts in his career. Biscuit was a staple to the Platoon and the league, and should be recognized as one of the best goaltenders of all time.

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal