Create Account

S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 08:58 AM by notoriousTRON.)

I still consider myself to be pretty new to the site, so this was a tougher PT for me to do. Scanning through Luke’s extremely helpful tool one player stood out to me as a pretty good Hall of Fame case. Patrikov Bure. In 18 seasons in the SHL, Bure compiled 900 games played, 282 goals and 359 assists for a total of points. That total is tied for 51st in league. Those numbers alone have been shown to be hall worthy with some of the other names on the list getting in. In addition to his scoring numbers, Bure maintained a 81 +/- and over 1400 hits. In his 18 year career he played one season in Winnipeg, but spent the next 17 in New England. His time with the Wolfpack coincided with a golden age for the franchise, as New England won three of their four franchise cups (S30, S31, S33) while Bure was on  the roster. Patrikov Bure himself won a Anton Razof trophy as the Playoff MVP in S31. Bure, a 3 time challenge cup champion with over 600 points and 1400 hits absolutely deserves a spot in the SHL Hall of Fame.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

PBE PT

[Image: 4zfXx6o.gif]

So I do not know many former players so this will be quite hard for me to figure out so I clicked that link and scrolled down to the first person snubbed which was a bloke named 'Chester Cunningham' and just like that I was on the Chester Cunningham HoF train!

957 games played total which is quite a lot in his 20 seasons. Over 230 goals with over 400 assists. That is pretty damn good if you ask me. Now I do not know what the actual details of making Hall of Fame are so maybe he just flat out sucked until his prime years or maybe he just did not win anything elite or award wise when he was a player in his prime season but honestly those stats are pretty damn good and I do not know why he was snubbed. He is the highest stats in sim engine SHL history not to make hall of fame and that makes me worried that if someone like this does not make it, will I?

Like I have pretty good stats. I always have since minors but oh lord is that bad news. He must've maybe sucked in his prime season or just did not get nominated maybe?

[210 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Now I am free <3

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

Recently retired Robert Phelps of the Hamilton Steelhawks definitely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Phelps has been going strong for almost twenty seasons. At the beginning of his career, he earned the Most Dedicated SMJHL Award, and he picked up two back to back Four Star Cups for the Vancouver Whalers in S35 and S36. In the following season earned himself the rookie of the year award. In his SHL career, he’s received so friggin many awards, including two President’s Trophies and two Challenge Cup Champion Trophies. He is also a three-time Matthias Chouinard award winner. Phelps also did all this while staying on Hamilton for his whole career. Hitting a whopping 2151 TPE at his peak, Phelps definitely stood out his whole career and had a strong one at that. Being the Steelhawks captain for a little over 15 seasons, Phelps will definitely be remembered by his teammates as a true Steelhawk.

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Sergei Karpotsov - 
 Only played 80 games and somehow is a Hall of Fame. He has some decent stats, but is there a reason why he is in there with only 80 games played? I would say you would need a minimum of certain amount of games played. But I am not on the Hall of Fame committee, but the Hall of Fame is something given to a player who has been a huge helper to their team. He was a massive help for the 80 games he played, but I need more games, guys in this list of Hall of Famers have played over one thousand games. It has me wondering why he is there. He had over a point a game in his 80 games, and he played a lot of minutes. A Hall of Fame player needs to play more than a few seasons, can you imagine what his stats would be if he played more than 2 seasons.

(161 words)

Falcons Jets

Drafted 2nd round 21st Pick by the Winnipeg Jets in S55 SHL Entry Draft 
GM of the UCORCAL in the WJC S55
S55 WJC Gold Medalist GM/Player for UCORCAL
Management Role for Russia in the IIHF
Recent Management Role / Head Coach for Winnipeg Aurora in SHL 
CO-GM St. Louis Scarecrows S57-S60
GM of the St. Louis Scarecrows S61-S72
S72 Challenge Cup Champion
[Image: 6JpC94j.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: IMG_0301.jpg]

[Image: CGreen.png]

[Image: 3.png]

ISFL Affiliate - Birdman

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

When looking at the players with long, successful careers who aren't in the Hall of Fame, Patrikov Bure stands out as one of the best who should've been inducted. First of all, reaching 900 games played is no easy feat and Bure was able to maintain an extremely high standard of points per game even as he got older. When sorting players by points per game, there is no retired or unnominated player higher than Bure with over 800 games played. When it comes to balancing a lengthy career and elite scoring, the bar that Bure has set is the one to beat to almost guarantee a hall of fame worthy career. Looking at Bure's other stats, we find that he had good metrics on special teams and also played a fair physical game with tons of hits and relatively few penalties. I don't see a single flaw in his impressive 900 game career and no reason as to why he shouldn't be in the hall of fame.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

The highest point producing player in the SHL who isn’t yet in the Hall of Fame (but is up for a nomination) is Trevor Wilson. Trevor played 20 seasons in the SHL, where he played an even one thousand games. In those one thousand games, he had 341 goals and 412 assists for 753 points. Who else had 753 points in their career? Hall of Famer Maximilian Wachter. The difference here is Wilson got the same amount of points as Wachter in 107 less games. A pretty impressive feat if you ask me, and should leave him as a shoe-in for the Hall of Fame. On top of his impressive points totals and his longevity, Wilson had only 287 penalty minutes across his entire career, which is also extremely impressive, especially since he had 905 hits, so it’s not like he shied away from the physical aspect of the game. He was also among the top shooters, averaging 3.3 shots per game.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

I love talking goalies, so I'm gonna keep doing that. The obvious choice for the next hall of fame class seems to be Beaujeaux Biscuit. This player is 3rd all-time in wins, which alone should be a pretty good indicator that they deserve to be in. The .907 career save percentage and the 2.93 career goals against average are also both extremely impressive, especially so considering most of this career was played before the Franchise Hockey Manager Era, making it harder for goalies to have great stats. These numbers are also significantly better than many other goalies already in the hall of fame. Biscuit has also shown great longevity, as a career of 679 games played would be pretty good for a skater, not to mention how impressive it is for a goaltender. Only three players have played more games than him in the history of the SHL. Icing on the cake is the 30 career assists, which is more than any other goalie has gotten in SHL history.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]

Although he has just retired a couple of seasons ago, Gary Grease is probably a 2nd or 3rd ballot candidate to go into the Hall of Fame. With 750 games played he has had a career that is quite good in longevity, with 379 points he is above 0.5 PPG which for defensive defensemen is pretty good! He is also 37th all-time in hits delivered which is quite something considering how much fewer games he had compared to the rest of the members with higher hit counts, took a lesser 785 PIMs and 685 hits in return and was a minute muncher especially for the Jets in his later careers. With a positive (albeit by 1) plus-minus rating, Grease was able to provide value to teams that weren't necessarily that good, and was a great voice in the locker room as well. The member behind Gary Grease would be a welcome addition to any locker room and provided valuable mentorship.

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020, 08:31 PM by Rangerjase.)

Lets take a look at this HOF forward Jason Visser. Guy was inducted back in S52 and I can’t seem to figure out why. Guy wasn’t even a PPG player! Played 950 games and ended his career with only 938 points. Only made it to .987 PPG so close, yet so far! Also, this guy spent so much money in the penalty box! FOUR HUNDRED AND FOUR PIM’s. LIke guy, stay out of the box! Assuming every penalty was a 2 minute minor thats a total of 202 penalties taken. ONE IN EVERY FIVE games this guy was in the box. Bruh, you can’t do that. Also, how do you induct a guy that couldn’t win the Ron Mexico Trophy more than twice. He was nominated THREE TIMES, but only won TWO. Like, what! Also, poor Visser never won the Jeff Dar award. He was nominated, but no wins. Only 9 trophies in total, couldn’t make it to double digits. What were we thinking? - Shitpostily yours. Zoltan.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Code:
Written task: What retired player not in the Hall of Fame deserves to be in the Hall of Fame? Make the case for one of these players: who do you think should be elected in and why? If you'd like to be more confrontational, you can pick a player who is in the HOF and make the case for why they shouldn't be. (150+ words)

This is a pretty easy one for me, it's a player that I was able to play with on the Winnipeg Jets with my second player, Don Pellegrino. He is currently a nominee for the HOF and I think he should get in very easily. This is none other than Corey Bearss. During his playing career, which lasted for 18 seasons and exactly 900 games, he ends his career as the 41st best point getter in SHL history with 675. A player who can play both PP and PK, Bearss was a staple in the Jets side that was dominant, ultimately leading to a cup. Looking at the leaderboards, Bearss sits besides a bunch of hall of famers who have outplayed him in terms of minutes. While the rest have played between 22-24 minutes a game, Bearss has only played around 20 minutes per game, which goes to show how deadly he was on the offensive side of the ice. He will surely get voted in as soon as possible and as a former teammate, I can't wait to be sitting at the ceremony!

Code:
184 words

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]