Create Account

S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub

10-25-2020, 10:04 AMhotdog Wrote:
10-25-2020, 06:57 AMZema Wrote: Esa Anrikkanen. He has the most games played, most points, highest minutes played, most goals, a really high +/-, over 2k hits and a ton of accolytes. One of the true GOATs of the SHL.

Looking beyond the statistics, he was the first ever player to reach 2k TPE. A huge feat that has paved the way for numerous other players to reach the same level. But without the efforts of Esa, it would never have happened.
He's also one of the very few people to ever reach 500 goals, maybe even the only one. Either way, also the first 400 goal scorer in the league. He even has a SMJHL award name after him!

And the last great argument for what can be considered one of the true GOATs is the amount of cups he managed to pull during his 24 year long career. 5 cups as a player, and another one as a GM shows what a truly magnificent player he is. I don't see a reason to leave Esa out of the Hall of Fame.

he's already in the HOF zema ya silly!

Not according to the list you sent!

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl

Im going for the bit unorthodox HOF Snub, Roman Augustus. As a transition player myself, I know the struggles that come with being in a limbo like position. So I am petitioning for a new wing in the Hall of Fame, The Transition Players. This is known as being a death trap for a user should they want their player to have a possibility to make the hall. Augustus spent his first 5 seasons in the SHL as a playmaking Defensemen for the Calgary Dragons. During the S42-43 offseason saw Augustus made the change from a stout Defensemen to a playmaking forward for the Dragons, in an effort to retool the team. Roman spent a total of 7 season, plus change, in Calgary before being traded to West Kendall in S45, because he would be heading to the new expansion team New Orleans the next season. During this season he would put up his career best in almost every category garnering him a Ron Mexico Nomination and winning the Jeff Dar Trophy

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

Having retired recently, Mike Izzy is already in the talks for being introduced in the Hall of Fame. And I very much agree with this, and I'm gonna show why. Izzy had very good career. Point-wise, you probably wouldn't say it's anything special, with his 360 goals and 448 assists for 808 points in 950 matches. But what makes him stand out is his hit total, completing 3585 hits, which means he averaged 3.77 hits per game, which is something that is not common, and shows his ability to not only be able to play offensively, but also showing a solid defensive presence on the ice. He's got many awards to back up his amazing performance, having won the Dar once and being nominated 7 times for it too. He also won the Anton Razov in S50 and he won the Jay McDonald in S49. Finally, he led the Dragons to 3 Challenge Cups, one in S40, one in S42 and finally one in S50

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

In my honest opinion I think the Buffalo Stampede and USA legend Charles Walker should be a first ballot hall of famer and it is shame he currently is not in the hall of fame. Charles Walker played a total of 900 games across 18 seasons with Buffalo. He amounted 482 points and 1212 shot blocks. As a defender that is pretty darn good. Out of his 141 goals 20 of them were game winner. He was also well known for his defensive ability despite mainly focusing on the playoffs. He rarely went negative in +/- and finished with a +56. He won two challenge cups, both with the Stamepede. He won two gold medals and two silver medals with the United States team in the IIHF. In his 18 seasons with Buffalo he made it to the playoffs 13 times and did a good amount of damage during the playoffs. All in all I think Charles Walker deserves a shot at hall of fame

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Well I am in the Hall of Fame Committee and I am one of the most harsh voters but let us see here. I would say Beaujeaux Biscuit is a good one who deserves to be in though he is new to eligibility. He did a lot of great things in the goalkeeper position, including some of the most dominant playoff performances the SHL has ever seen in its more than 50 seasons of its existence. He also had some good regular seasons but many winning of the Razov was so great for him. He also made the All Star team some times and even at his best, he was always among the very best at his position in the league. He is a player with strong career stats, clearly solid regular season performances and was, at his peak, a premier player in the league. But what really gets him in I will say is he is a great playoff player that is legendary in this area honestly.

[Image: Marius_buffalo.png]

08-24-2018, 01:08 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Ah yes, the veteran meme player. A surefire bet for maybe 400 TPE Tongue
05-23-2020, 02:25 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Scoop AINEC
[Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif] [Image: Skree.gif]

[Image: Poppity.png]
^^^^^ Thank you JSSSSS
[Image: Poopity_Scoop_1.png]
^^^^Credits to Snussu^^^^

[Image: Scoop.png]

PBE Affiliate
(username is the same except without the fancy ö)

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

I've done a lot of reading up on Hall of Fame snubs on this PT thread. I don't know a goddamn thing about who should and should not be in the Hall, so I'm basing my choice off of the nice people in this thread. My choice for Hall of Fame snub is a wonderful little player named, Beujeaux Biscuit. I don't know anything about the player, or even what goes in to deciding who goes in to the SHL Hall of Fame, but based on what people have been saying in this thread and what I know of the user, I think a strong case could be made for his player. I came back with my current player after about a five-year hiatus. One of the names that I was surprised to still see on the site was Bojo. People say that much of the great new additions to the site wouldn't have been possible without him either.

[Image: rum_ham.gif] [Image: ox6aAot.png]
[Image: 62428_s.gif]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png]Colin Lambert ll Left Defence ll Barracuda[Image: NA3IV5m.png]

There are always going to be snubs in hockey. The awards and accolades are doled out by fallible people, who are rife with biases and the unfortunate ability to just plain get things wrong. Sometimes the great performances are accidentally overlooked by the powers that be in the hockey world. Sometimes that extends to whole careers. That is the only way that I can fathom one of the great forwards of the 20s seasons has been overlooked and not given his proper place in the hall of fame. The 1st overall pick of season 21. Tommy Creller was one of the best for this time, ending his career with 280 goals, 440 assists to a total of 720 points to his name by the time he retired in season 35. He hit the ground running, coming up to the big leagues and making an impact. He won the Anton Razov Trophy in season 22, helping bring the Manhattan Rage to their first Cup win. Truly, the lack of his presence in the hall of fame is one the great snubs of the league.

183 words

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Isfl affiliate
https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid376964

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

Since I don't know pretty much anything about the history of the past players of this league, I'm just going to piggyback on a name I've seen mentioned in a lot of other posts, and also back the case for goaltender Beaujeaux Biscuit to the hall. One look at the stat sheet posted though and I can see why he's mentioned a lot. Right off the bat, he's 3rd all time in wins, which enough could possibly make a compelling enough case, not to mention that he had less starts and games played than the only two goaltenders above him in wins. That's not to say he didn't have a long career however, as his 17 seasons show an impressive career longevity, tied for 7th all time. A career save percentage of .907 certainly seems respectable in the context of the other goalies, and is in fact higher than a lot of the other hall of famers. Finally, something that I like to consider when evaluating goalies, it looks like he faced over 31 shots against per game played, demonstrating that his great stats aren't just a product of an easy workload, or being propelled by elite shot suppression.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

I'm going to be a homer for Winnipeg and say that Corey Bearss should be in the hall of fame.  It seems like he'll always be in the shadow of Jason Visser who was on the Jets for almost exactly the same time and was just the golden boy stud.  However, he earned a few key awards to himself that could be enough to break through.  In season 37, the Jets won the first challenge cup with Visser and Bearss.  In that season, Bearss took home the playoff MVP award as well as regular season noms for best two way player and most improved.  The following season, he made first team all star along with two other Jets forwards and also picked up a best two way player nom.  In season 41, the Jets won their second consecutive president's trophy.  In that season, Bearss took home the best two way player award and had a nom for regular season MVP, losing to Visser.  Both of them made first team all star that season.  Then, two seasons later, he also picked up a third team all star nod.

I'm not a HOF expert and I don't know how feasible it really is for him to make it, but I'm still going to be a homer for a Winnipeg great.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

I hate to be a member of the Alex Light train, but how could I not be? He's been, as the name of this PT would have it, completely snubbed. Alex Light, who was created in season 18, has scored a pretty great 331 goals and notched himself 395 assists for 726 total points. This point total puts him up into next to a large group of Hall of Famers, including names like Zallerras Szlerchek, Ben Dover, Maximilian Wachter, and Louie Garrett. Now, I know point totals aren't everything, so let's take a look at points per game. When it comes to Alex Light, he put up more points per game than the leading point scorer in the league's history, Esa Anrikkanen. He also put up more PPG than a handful of top 10 point scorers in the hall of fame, including Theo Kane and the fifth leading pointscorer Alonzo Garbanzo. The guy has been robbed of a position as a Hall of Famer, and I absolutely stand by that claim. Fight me.

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

ok, so this is going to be my attempt to get Hocolate into the Hall of Fame. I want to make my case by looking at every major goalie category and comparing them to current HOFers

Richard C. Hocolate rankings:

----------------------------------

Seasons Played - 20 - T-1st

Hocolate's longevity as a goalie is second to none, though it might be tied with a few. Now he might not have been a starter for many of these seasons, but the fact he was able to hang in the league at all for that many years is incredible and should be rewarded.

HOF goalies with less seasons - 21

I wont talk about wins, losses, and otl, since those are a team stat. I will say that some stats that dont necessarily help his cause, games played and minutes played. games played is at 400, with 7 HOFers below him, and minutes played is at 24225 and also 7 below him. I dont think these are dealbreakers, but just keeping them in for perspective.

Shootouts - 33 - 12th

Hocolate is elite at fully shutting the door. His first game ever in the SHL in fact was a shutout. This is something that I think is a great stat to look at, and it shines Dicky C as one of the best

HOF goalies with less shutouts - 14

Save Percentage - 0.906448 - 65th

Save percentage isnt the strongest stat for Hocolate, but it is still a convincing one for him. He put up solid numbers that put him ahead of many hall of famers. What makes them worthy but not Hocolate?

HOF goalies with a lower Sv% - 9

Hardware - 1 Four Star Cup, 4 Challenge Cups, 1 Finals MVP

I dont have anything comparing awards of people, but I think this is worth noting. Hocolate was a well decorated goalie, winning 5 championships overall and even securing finals MVP for one of them. I think this is enough reason to say that Dicky C belongs in the hall

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

Kaspars Tsizling deserves a hall of fame nod due to his stellar performance in the Juniors. He won two Four Star Cups with the Vancouver Whalers, and one as captain. This occured before he found his blossoming passion for pugilistic activities. In addition to minor hockey triumph, Tsizling displayed leadership on and off the ice with Team Latvia when he was the only guy in the room that wasn't actually a Latvian and he spent most of his time talking to himself in English. Finally, the factor that should have secured his HOF candidacy, he basically took the title from Turd Ferguson and made that trophy his own, capturing the illustrious award three times. Tsizling was the most well endowed member of all of his teams that he played with too which should elevate his status from the "Hall of Alright", and quickly surpass the "Hall of Pretty Good", and even eventually eclipse the "Hall of Awesome" players in the hockey community.

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother