Create Account

S57 PT #4 - Rivalry Week

Last season being my first in the SMJHL I really had no team to have beef with or enjoy a challenge win or defeat. So obviously the hockey player let alone the goaltender in me had to have some sort of rivalry as any good athlete should have. We all have that one team or player that makes us rise to the occasion or die trying and I have to say that all the goalies in my rookie class have to fall under this category. Nothing personal but these goalies Jon St. Ark TPE: 461, Vincent Mietitore TPE: 404, Tyler Ward TPE: 359 and Hugo Grönroos TPE: 342 are all my rivals as will have one goal in common and only one spot available for it. Being the best goalie in the league is what drives us to compete and push each other the be better day in day out. For this I thank them and hopefully they feel the same way.

[Image: bVSLWwI.gif]
[Image: zdXC6eb.png] [Image: r6dZEGN.png] [Image: 8b7dmkE.png]

I'd say biggest rival of the Los Angeles Panthers has to be the New Orleans Specters at this point in time. They both see each other a lot with them being in the same division, they have overlap in the front office with both Fuzz and TDZ leaving NOLA's front office in the last few seasons, there's the drama surrounding Keith Lee's decision to leave New Orleans (originally for Toronto) in free agency and the subsequent negative reactions from people on the Specters, they have players that have moved between both teams (Michael Fox, Keith Lee, Jimmy Slothface, Nicholas Williams, Kenny Creller, and Borromini Cannellini), and a number of players who all spent time in the Carolina Kraken organization and know each other well from their time spent there such as Jimmy Wagner, Conner Hutton, Kwame Dakari, Linus Grimstad, and prospects like Grape Fruit and Jimmy Jimmy.

151 words.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

In my own personal list, Nevada's biggest rival is Quebec. I feel this way because I hate how they're enjoying the success that Nevada was supposed to have while we wallow in mediocrity. They aren't in the same division as us but I want them to fail so bad.

My second biggest personal rival is Anchorage. This is also because of their success in the regular season, but they're in our division which is somehow not as bad and worse at the same time. I hate their branding and I hate their success.

Last and certainly least, Vancouver. Last season no one would shut up about them. I think they had one of the best seasons since the switch to FHM and I hate teams that win. I really wanted them to lose the cup and they didn't. Even if they aren't as good this season, they still make me mad.

Code:
151 words

[Image: T8nB5Dn.png][Image: KXZ8h4k.png]
[Image: duderino.gif]

Clint Eastwood, Jun 10 2018,  09:36 AM Wrote:Can't buy love, but love can buy a lot.

Personally I think the Blizzard are a great rival for the Inferno. I know they're in another division and all but come on, Blizzard vs Inferno, doesn't that just sound like the perfect rivalry.

Plus, Edmonton drafted me and let me get expansioned before I ever put on their jersey. Some will say it made sense because I wasn't really all that good and they had many other guys to protect but my fragile ego says otherwise. So from that day on I cursed the Blizzard and vowed to melt every last snowflake in Edmonton and shatter ever piece of ice or whatever they got up there, honestly I never even went to that town, who would? It's got one season and it's called "way too cold for me to ever step in that dump". That's why Atlanta's better, here it's never cold and you're constantly reminded of that fact by the sweltering heat.

ps: jk, Edmonton's cool I guess.

[Image: brown_team_siggy.png]

PBE Championship Week Affiliate

[Image: 1PU6YuX.png]
         [Image: JiycRrd.png]

For the Falcons, the answer is simple. There is only one team that could ever be our top rivals. St. Louis Scarecrows. I mean, just look at the names here. Falcons vs Scarecrows. Birds vs Scarecrows? Do I need to explain it more? Yes? Well alright. The rivalry is already a classic one but the fact that the last couple of seasons both these teams have been struggling has certainly increased the rivalry. Having to fight at the bottom of the standings certainly fed the already existing rivalry as the games against each other were so much more important to try and avoid that last place. Following those consequences from last season the rivalry, at least as I see it, has grown even more. Now for S57 it is more important than ever for us in Detroit to win over the Scarecrows from St. Louis as they are currently the team at the bottom of the standings and losing to them does not feel good for any one of us. Hopefully, this rivalry will cause both our teams to grow so that we might soon have a rivalry at the top of the standings instead of the bottom.

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]

PBE CW

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

I would have to say that Tampa bay is probably our biggest rival since I've been with the team. Now this isn't a hatred spewing rivalry like some others, and there are definitely teams we want to see lose, but this rivalry is wholesome. We want to compete against them, ever since it was the battle of Florida (still champs) and we like to face off head to head. Most seasons have seen us ice a relatively similar overall team, but with two starkly different rebuild styles it has been very interesting to follow along to see how they each play out. Baltimore for example has stumbled a few times out of the rebuild gates, but has fully committed and is grooming their young guys, where Tamps saw a complete team implosion fire sale. Everything went and they started from scratch and a ton of draft picks. The bonus on this is they were able to grow an entire team together. The bad thing is contracts once could be huge have to be tempered off now to minimums and some players have had to be let walk due to a raw lack of roster space.

Code:
197 Words

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

The Colorado Raptors rivals would have been the Anaheim Outlaws but as we have seen, the Outlaws are pretty irrelevant and the only thing people care about when it comes to them is the fact that they call themselves the Chungus. No no no the true rival of the Raptors are the Kelowna Knights. The Knights are a consistently tremendous and always finding themselves at the top of the standings in the Raptors division. It seems like this rivalry is more of a big brother vs little brother with the Raptors constantly trying to beat them but falling short. It is a long standing rivalry that the Raptors hope to eventually slay. Whether that happens anytime soon remains to be seen as the Knights see themselves near the top of the standings why the Raptors are falling further and further this season as it goes on. Hopefully this rivalry becomes more even sooner rather than later.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Hello, it has come to my understanding that luffy has been slacking in the writing department and hasn't been doing PTs for this year. It is hard to stay active when life is a gong show and sometimes you gotta just suck it up and get back on the grind. This week in rival week will bring the entire site up against the buffalo stampede. Seriously besides the cawkhawks they are the one team that everyone is gunning for and nobody is willing to lighten up on the chase. The fact that year after year buffalo continues to be at the top with a rotating cast is bar none. Every team is nipping at their heels hoping to be the next star in the league. Toronto comes to mind for the team that needs it more than the rest. They are the 4th man out in the hardest conference in the league and breaking through for the ploofs is going to be hard unless they beat buffalo.

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/i...t&p=256600

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

[Image: scarn.png]

[Image: m59RPb7.png] [Image: czechup.png]
[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

With the Dragons I'd say the rivalry would have to be with Edmonton. Seems like if we're not always battling for the top spot in the conference we meet each other in the playoffs. The crazy thing is in the playoffs it seems the lower seed always wins. Crazy how that seems to play out season after season. I know in our locker room, people always get fired up about playing Edmonton and want to kick their ass every time. I would assume it's probably the same on their side as well. Two great GMs in Steelhead and Keygan who both have been around the league for a damn long time. Gotta be fun for those guys to try and out strategize the other, especially during all the playoff meetings. As I write this both teams are tied atop the conference standings so each time we play them it will be a monster game as bragging rights for the conference crown are at stake once again.

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

I would have to think Hamilton is Buffalo’s biggest rival. It’s true they haven’t faced one another in many finals – but that’s primarily because since the FHM era, we’ve been in the same flippin’ DIVISION! It’s insane to me that the top three teams in the East (and even the entire league) are in the same division, relegating the North Stars out of the playoffs unless they somehow become top 3 in the league. I’d argue there’s a very strong tradition of rivalry throughout the East, but Hamilton easily takes the cake of the three possible ones for Buffalo. They’ve won multiple championships in the FHM era, have ‘figured out’ the sim so-to-speak, and are constantly top two in the division with a great playoff record. It’s very frustrating that our team (which even in a ‘down’ season is top 2) has to compete with them BEFORE the final series in the playoffs, but we do what we can and relish every victory over the darned Steelhawks.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

PBE PT Affiliation

[Image: MrStennett08.gif]

Scarecrows Usa Blizzard Panthers Patriotes Stars

The Hamilton Steelhawks have to be our biggest rivals, as evidenced by how we hold our breath before regular season matches against them. Always a tough matchup that somehow seem to have the perfect counter to whatever strats we are rolling, there isn’t a more frustrating matchup in the league. In recent playoffs, they have knocked us out so often in the first or second round that it practically seems to be a seasonal occurrence. How many times must we sigh in disappointment and say “we’ll get em next year”? There certainly is resentment, a major grudge, building in our locker room, and if we run into them in the playoffs again, the hard feelings we have been harboring might boil over into some chippy, anger-fueled hockey. We really need to get a win against them in the playoffs to take the edge off the hatred that burns in our chest every time the Steelhawks are mentioned. After all the work we have put in during the offseason, constantly growing as a team, I know we can beat them, it just needs to actually happen now.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]