Create Account

S57 SHL State of the Union
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 11:11 AM by .bojo.)

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47vnlz0ovlmxnwc1ju8x...=giphy.gif]

also what is the current status of getting the index? Is it still extracting the game by game data?

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

If you aren’t coding with Evan, paying Evan, or contributing something of value to the index project in any other fashion, kindly shut the fuck up about the speed at which it’s being completed. Incredibly embarrassing watching grown men throw hissy fits because a zoomer college kid with more on his plate than he can handle isn’t getting a job done for FREE quickly enough.

tl;dr put up or shut up kthxbai

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

01-21-2021, 11:10 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: If you aren’t coding with Evan, paying Evan, or contributing something of value to the index project in any other fashion, kindly shut the fuck up about the speed at which it’s being completed. Incredibly embarrassing watching grown men throw hissy fits because a zoomer college kid with more on his plate than he can handle isn’t getting a job done for FREE quickly enough.

No Finn, don't you understand we were supposed to keep playing on a completely broken STHS while we waited for this to be complete? I want to be able to see the whole league with 99 scoring, 40 passing on a clean index!

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points

idk why im here
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2021, 11:20 AM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

01-21-2021, 11:10 AMWannabeFinn Wrote: If you aren’t coding with Evan, paying Evan, or contributing something of value to the index project in any other fashion, kindly shut the fuck up about the speed at which it’s being completed. Incredibly embarrassing watching grown men throw hissy fits because a zoomer college kid with more on his plate than he can handle isn’t getting a job done for FREE quickly enough.

Where is the payment information then UGLY

01-21-2021, 11:14 AMTommySalami Wrote: No Finn, don't you understand we were supposed to keep playing on a completely broken STHS while we waited for this to be complete? I want to be able to see the whole league with 99 scoring, 40 passing on a clean index!

TBF rules were set in place where there couldnt be too much of a gap, so that point is fairly invalid. Wish people wouldnt exploit the sim in the first place but here we are, SAD

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

I'm not reading ten pages of comments and all the stuff listed sounds great, but any status update on the index?

Renegades  raiders  Finland

01-21-2021, 11:16 AMEsso2264 Wrote: idk why im here

Why are any of us here? That's a much deeper philosophical conversation.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

01-21-2021, 11:20 AMLeoben Wrote: I'm not reading ten pages of comments and all the stuff listed sounds great, but any status update on the index?

from luke 5 pages ago (iirc) -
"I think there is a disconnect on what is happening. So the index is taking a long time yes, but there is a small team working on it as they have the skills to do so. There isnt a large amount of people on the site that has the skills in order to make the index that we want to make. We did reach out to the SHL community about a month ago to see if there were any with spare time to help and one did reach out and he has been a great help. The problem was that the main person that was working on the index was bogged down with 2 internships while also going to school, so production on that halted.

What also has been happening is people that dont have the skills on making a modern website have been putting hours on hours of work into improving the site anyway that they can. Like you see with things like the new Events Department, and the new twitter grading stuff, and the shop that people have been asking for... as long as ive been on the site.

just wanted to give you a bit more insight on how that is going"

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland

Scarecrows pride Chiefs Riot Stars Blizzard Ireland

ty to @High Stick King @EvilAllBran and @Ragnar for the sigs

Drama recipe everyone!

One day in the afternoon someone walked to their local 7/11 in search of a drink only true gamers could appreciate. Something to stimulate the senses and bring a new level of awareness to himself. Searching the refrigerator section he found nothing that could fill the need he sought to fill. The nearly frozen drinks were kept far too cold for his sensitive teeth and the obnoxious caps/lids on the bottles didn't make them anymore appealing. Rather he chose to go to the counter and purchase a cup where he could create his own beverage.

The cashier handed him the paper cup and with it he gained the freedom to choose his liquid fate.

He stepped toward the coke dispenser with its array of different drinks including Pepsi, Sprite, Gatorade, Club Soda, Sweet Tea, Mountain Dew, Milk, and Dr. Pepper. Which drink would he choose? He put out his hand and turned the dispenser for the Sprite and it hit him like a mother fucking mac truck. He dumped the Sprite out immediately. How had nobody thought of it before? Dr. Pepper. Gatorade. A dash of Mountain Dew. Pog. Champ. It's called Gamer Juice.

He took a sip. The refreshment of champions. The holy grail of libation. Greater than a cuppa on mid summer night in London. He took another sip. Then he slugged it down like it was the sweet nectar that comes from the pudenda. He made himself another then walked home while sipping on his new creation. Gamer Juice.

4 Parts Dr. Pepper
4 Parts Red Gatorade
1 Part Mountain Dew

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

01-21-2021, 10:01 AMbbp Wrote: Does that mean that updates shouldn't be given?

No. Again people are taking this all personally when it was a valid comment.

Get over yourselves Smile
I mean we already were given an update directly by Evan in like early October IIRC? That was here

I assume another update wasn't given since not too much big progress has been made since then given the time constraints and the nature of how long something like this takes.

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

01-21-2021, 11:29 AMTomen Wrote:
01-21-2021, 10:01 AMbbp Wrote: Does that mean that updates shouldn't be given?

No. Again people are taking this all personally when it was a valid comment.

Get over yourselves Smile
I mean we already were given an update directly by Evan in like early October IIRC? That was here

I assume another update wasn't given since not too much big progress has been made since then given the time constraints and the nature of how long something like this takes.

I missed that update in October, can assume I wasn't the only one. Great that it was given then, doesn't mean we can't have another one four months later, even if the update is "Unfortunately guys not much has changed since last update (link) because everything sucks."

Again, fully respectful of the process involved in this and the people working on it, definitely think it could have been addressed better, but on something this vital I think it's important to provide those updates along the way, even if the updates are discouraging or not what we might want to hear.

Zach Evans[/b] | Player Page | Update Page
Nikolai Evans
| Player Page | Update Page

01-21-2021, 10:49 AMLordBirdman Wrote: People are posting screenshots of box scores in discords, why not make that a site job so that we can actually see that on the site? 

Screenshot site job is the obvious answer for real.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

01-21-2021, 12:00 PMlespoils Wrote:
01-21-2021, 10:49 AMLordBirdman Wrote: People are posting screenshots of box scores in discords, why not make that a site job so that we can actually see that on the site? 

Screenshot site job is the obvious answer for real.

Im surprised that either that or someone timestamping the sims hasn't been hired yet, hasn't this been talked about on and off for months?

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

If you join the conversation and ask a question like a normal person you'll almost always get a reasonable answer.

If you waltz in like Billy Big Bollocks and come across as a utter knob then it's reasonable to expect that you'll get meme'd for it.

It blows my mind that anyone could want the absolute shitstain that is sths back and I think the vast majority of people that are actually active within the league share that opinion for good reason.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

lots of people complaining when they don't understand web dev especially when everyone involved is a a volunteer hmmmm.