Create Account

Niccolo Livius: SHL GMs... I Want to Play!

Niccolo Livius: I Want to Play
Hello SHL,

Few of you in the big leagues are likely familiar with me but this article is hoping to change that. I have currently finished by fifth season in the SMJHL, after three consecutive trips to the finals with two different teams. During this time I’ve played 266 regular season games and 76 playoff games. I’ve won a championship and was voted Toughtest Player in the SMJHL at least once in the FHM sim engine. Beyond that I’ve also won a Bronze medal as a member of Team World and the IIHF World Juniors. These are my most notable career achievements. That being said you are probably wondering why you’ve been tagged in this post… its because I’m a free agent.

You see I was originally drafted by the Chicago Syndicate 71 OA in the 5th round… the last player drafted in the S54 SHL Draft. The years went by and I quickly stopped hearing from the management of the team and was put through waivers unclaimed. This past season I played on a SMJHL contract with Newfoundland before being traded to Anaheim. Now I’ve aged out of the SMJHL and am looking to continue my career in the big leagues.

Who am I? Well there is a reason why I have not been called up so far in my career and it is because I am a goon. Yes folks a full fledged goon. I currently am tied for the highest Fighting attribute in the SMJHL and when I come up to the SHL I fully intend on increasing my fighting straight to 20 and establishing myself as the best fighter in the SHL.

I realize that makes me a highly undesirable player for most weak kneed modern hockey general managers and their silly analytics… but it is who I am and I cannot change. I’m going to try my damnedest to make an SHL career out of punching people in the face.

Beyond my fighting ability I try my best to avoid being a liability on the ice. I focus on hitting, blocking shots and providing sound defensive play. Offensively I realize I’m practically inept but I have found a niche for myself as a net presence. I plan on improving my screening ability to become a thorn in the side of every single goalie in the league. This will help my teammates generate offense and pick corners on goalies. I can help my line without ever touching the puck. That is my primary goal because I’m useless with it. Finally I just had came off playing the best hockey of my career at center for the Anaheim Outlaws… because of these results at center I plan on working on my faceoffs to be a reliable option down the middle of the ice. Even if I cannot play center because there are better players having some ability to win faceoffs if the main center is thrown out can only help my line.

When it comes down to it I will never become a star at the SHL level and I know that. I am not a high TPE earner but I regularly update week in and week out. The thing I provide most for my team is honestly entertainment. At the SMJHL level my team loved seeing me go out for 10 minutes a game and throw down the gloves. It brought the team together even if I was not a major presence in the LR. People love having a goon on the team. So if you are a struggling team looking for a moral boost I think my player can provide that.

Finally a brief word about some teams in particular that stand out to me.

San Francisco Pride – I know you guys had a rough season… one thing that stand out to me is a complete lack of physicality. You guys only had two 100+ hitters and only three fights this season. I think I could come into your bottom line and help bring the pride back into this hockey club.

Baltimore Platoon – I see you have Adam Friedland and Valentin Klashnikov. Both these men were respectable fighters at the SMJHL level so I think I could jump in with them and we could become one of the toughest teams in the league! People would hate playing us! Also you lack some physicality in your forward core… I can help.

Tampa Bay Barracudas – I see Justin Keahi and think he needs a linemate who will play the rough and tumble game with him. Together I think we could establish a depth line that people absolutely hate to play against.

Hamilton Steelhawks – You love to hit. I love the physical game too. I’m not there yet but I think I would be a great on ice culture fit for your team… though I know you’re probably too good for me…

Texas Renegades – I’m an old school Renegade and I’m not sure if that is a good thing or not in the books of current management but I spent many years on this team in the past. I also have to say that I see a lack of shot blocking amongst your forward core… I could help there!

I will say though that I’m open to offers from ANY SHL TEAM! I WANT TO PLAY GUYS PLEASE GIVE ME A CHANCE! I’M FREE WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE!

Words: 908

[Image: livius.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-25-2021, 11:10 AM by bbp.)

@hotdog @JR95 @WannabeFinn @Velevra @Hallsy @JayWhy @kenvald @trella @ml002 @Steelhead77 @Keygan @SpartanGibbles @JKortesi81 @Thatguy91 @notorioustig @puolivalmiste @Muerto @hockeyiscool @O4L @Tomen @FuzzSHL @AgentSmith630 @RedCapeDiver @KlusteR

also I'm not on the SHL discord... so PM me here most likely.

@JNH

[Image: livius.gif]

I'm glad I grabbed you in expansion. Even if I traded you back immediately

[Image: nokazoa.gif]

CURRENT PLAYER

[Image: sN8N4xa.png]         [Image: xd5tvj8.png]

FORMER PLAYER

[Image: ktJ2jTl.png]

20 in any stat before any of your other stats are 15 is radical no matter what stat it is

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

This mad man did it.

[Image: 1rdovVs.gif]

[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]

You never went through waivers.

The fake news continues.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

mad respek

5/7

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

01-25-2021, 11:05 AMNokazoa Wrote: I'm glad I grabbed you in expansion. Even if I traded you back immediately
Nevada legend

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

applied

[Image: U9GyyHt.jpg]

moves

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

even more reason to add 4th lines tbh

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]