Create Account

SHN: SHL Mega Redraft - Day 7 (Rounds 15/16/17)
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2021, 04:05 PM by fishy.)

[Image: SHN_Red_darkgrey_wordmark.png]

SHN: SHL Mega ReDraft

Welcome to Day 7 of the SHN’s SHL Redraft.

Sorry for the delay, spent the weekend away from the SHL and spent today cracking the whip to get everybody writing. Without further adieu, here are Rounds 15, 16, and 17!

For reference, check back to this article for a rule summary -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114508.
Rounds 1 and 2 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114536
Rounds 3 and 4 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114541
Rounds 5 and 6 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114554
Rounds 7 and 8 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114572
Rounds 9, 10, and 11 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114582
Rounds 12, 13, and 14 -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114615
Full team breakdowns -> https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=114542

Round 15

Round 15, Pick 225: Team Sparky
Selection: F - Mack Daddy
Reasoning: Mack Daddy was a pick made when he was active. He has not updated his player in a month but hey he could be a good 3rd line center who can be a nice piece for few seasons until we get some prospects ready.

Round 15, Pick 226: Team Fishy
Selection: F - Josef Kubinec
Reasoning: Mavfatha Leoben, another TEX user with a friendship with Dan, will likely make up the third and final component of my top line. Mavfatha provides strong playmaking and two-way play, which fits with Smeb and Kekkonen. He will likely be able to stay above 14-1500 TPE for a couple of seasons, and will provide a strong depth piece as regression begins to chip away at his tpe.

Round 15, Pick 227: Team Sve7en
Selection: F - Luke Thomason
Reasoning: Old man Luke still has a bit of gas in the tank and I wanted to remain relevant in the roster TPE levels for the first few seasons of the future. Luke brings good leadership to the team and will be an SHL level player for at least a few seasons even if it is as a bottom six or middle three guy.

Round 15, Pick 228: Team Gabe
Selection: P - Arsene Leclerc
Reasoning: One of the top prospects of the S57 class, him and Granstrom make up a very solid pair of S57s to have in the system.

Round 15, Pick 229: Team Muted
Selection: F - Alex Marshall
Reasoning: Another S55 to add, this time as a forward, and not a prospect. Marshall is earning well, and is a physical, easy scoring forward.He's starting what is looking like a very promising career.

Round 15, Pick 230: Team Reid
Selection: F - Hippo Passamus
Reasoning: At this point, I am going for value. I know Mayuu from Detroit and like him a lot. Passamus is older - the oldest I take this draft- and will likely be replaced within 5 seasons by a prospect. But for now; he is a great 2 way player thay I think balances my other vet pick - wagstrom. Wagstrom can run wild shooting the puck, while passamus can hold down the fort. For a 1500+ TPE vet, he is everything I could have asked for.

Round 15 Pick 231: Team JY
Selection: D - Andrej Doskocil
Reasoning: You need leadership sometimes, and this is a person I know is a great leader and a great person. Doskocil will be a good anchor on the defense to help keep the young guys moving forward, giving us a solid few years of service before we need a prospect ready to fill in

Round 15, Pick 232: Team Jeff
Selection: P - Pablo Salvatici
Reasoning: Okay dude I guess, kinda weird taste in music but yeah, thought I’d take a shot at an inactive prospect.

Round 15, Pick 233: Team Fae
Selection: D - Jules Watt
Reasoning: Watt is a solid defenseman who will hold down the fort on the 3rd pairing

Round 15, Pick 234: Team Luke
Selection: D - Adam Friedland
Reasoning: To pair with LPLL I need a younger defenseman that can replace Rex Kirkby in a couple seasons when he declines to a 3rd pairing defenseman, and Friedland can be that guy. Young and earning at a good pace

Round 15, Pick 235: Team Nham
Selection: F - (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn
Reasoning: Oh man, what could I possibly say that accurately captures the larger than life character that is Andrei. Honestly it’s an experience that you have to see for yourself, and I know that I was going to be in for a ride when I saw we were both drafted to Newfoundland. I wasn’t wrong. Also he scor

Round 15, Pick 236: Team Arkz
Selection: F - Atlas Rush
Reasoning: Atlas has been one of the top players on a struggling NOLA team, but he's here to add a bit more for a season or two until the prospects come up.

Round 15, Pick 237: Team Puff
Selection: D - Poopity Scoop
Reasoning:  Getting older but still valuable! Poopity Scoop brings a lot of veteran presence to the team, and being on the 2nd pair will see some less intense competition which should be suitable for him.

Round 15, Pick 238: Team Hordle
Selection: P - Zdenko Beranek
Reasoning: ZEK! Zdenko is a great teammate so I'm happy to have him. He's been tearing it up in the minors. Not only that but Zik is a fellow North Carolinaer. Great dude.

Round 15, Pick 239: Team Boom
Selection: G - Frans Eller
Reasoning: With the 66-game schedule, having two great goalies is always a boon. Eller will also probably be a 2000 TPE goalie once Booth starts to fall off, so I'm set for the far future as well..

Round 15, Pick 240: Team SDCore
Selection: F - SLATT Potts
Reasoning: Slatt Potts, what a great name. Rindo is a great locker room guy, he can vibe with the old, vibe with the new. So, I really like him here in the 15th. He has a decent amount of tpe and years left, so I can slot him in the middle 6.

Biggest Surprise:

Shuff: Frans Eller at 239 to Boom. Eller is a S53 top earner, but he plays goalie. While boom is trying to defend himself by saying 66 games means two goalies, I feel like he should’ve gone for a forward here.

Reid - For me it is Jules Watt going to Fae early this round. Watt is S46 - which is almost as old as dirt in this league. Add that to the fact that he is just over 1K TPE, means he will only really be a useful defender for another season, maybe two max. Nyko is a grade A user, so that makes sense from Fae’s part, but the player pick here is a little suspect.

Biggest Steal:

Luke: The biggest steal imo is (Clean) Andrei Kostitsyn, I mean should I saw more? He is the total package, a up and coming YOUNG forward that will be able to show up for the next 10 seasons. Also he is a monster shootout player.

Shuff: Pablo Salvatici at 232 to Jeff. I like the pick of the forward at 694 TPE, good for T-4 in his draft class. Factor in that 2 of the players ahead of him at goalies, making Salvaticit one of the most useful players in the S57 class.

Reid - Luke Thomason! The S43 vet is old, but still 3rd in his class for TPE, almost 1700 as of writing. Luke is a max earner, so he should be a quality top 6 forward for another 4-5 seasons, and then maybe a 3rd liner for another 3-4 seasons following. Luke is one of everyone’s favourite people in the league - one of the reasons I took him as my co-gm. Getting him here as a player is a big win for 7, and a huge steal this late in the game.

ROUND 16

Round 16, Pick 241: Team SDCore
Selection: F - Rintarou Okabe
Reasoning: BIRDO I LOVE BIRDO! NO NEED TO JUSTIFY THIS.

Round 16, Pick 242: Team Boom
Selection: P - Calvin Hobbes
Reasoning: Krazko is a super active third-year prospect who can eventually come in and take the 3C role and keep on growing, especially with how later events unfolded.

Round 16, Pick 243: Team Hordle
Selection: F - Guy LeGrande
Reasoning: LeGrande is a winger to go along with all the centers I have. Bolstering the middle of the line up. I'm sure LeGrande can evolve into a first liner.

Round 16, Pick 244: Team Puff
Selection: D - Thomas Bathory
Reasoning: Although not the highest TPE, Bathory is still a good defender to pair alongside the younger Chris Goodname, and should handle 3rd pair minutes just fine.

Round 16, Pick 245: Team Arkz
Selection: G - Peter Larson
Reasoning: The official starting goalie for the team, Larson is a beast. He's a bit llong in the tooth, but we'll need him for a few seasons at most before our backup is ready to takeover full time.

Round 16, Pick 246: Team Nham
Selection: P - Vaseline Podcalzone
Reasoning: As more and more SHL quality forwards come off the board, I’m continuing to look to build towards youth and the general vibe of my locker room. Vibe and beeg yosh are synonymous and will only continue to add to a popping locker room. The only question remains: how do you get the beeg yoshi?

Round 16, Pick 247: Team Luke
Selection: P - Vlastislav Malik
Reasoning: Like the pick of Aleksander Kozlov, I need someone that can replace a replaceable 3rd line that I will be drafting later, and Malik is a player that fits it extremely well. He is a top earner of the S57 class,and he can take some time to develop before going into a 3rd line

Round 16, Pick 248: Team Fae
Selection: P - "Long" John Donair
Reasoning: Donair is a prolific goal scorer in the SMJHL who should continue to fill the net for a long time. GCool is also a really cool user and a good friend of mine.

Round 16, Pick 249: Team Jeff
Selection: P - Yngve Simonsson
Reasoning: Every LR needs its racist and I netted my favorite racist here in the 16th round, what a steal!

Round 16, Pick 250: Team JY
Selection: F - Olivier Cloutier
Reasoning: Jenny is one of my favorite people ever on the site, one of my former junior GMs with EJ, and I know she would be an incredible part of our locker room while filling a crucial top 6 spot while we wait on the S55s to mature into the role.

Round 16, Pick 251: Team Reid
Selection: P - Anton Mihailov
Reasoning: I can't believe Anton was still here when I was able to draft him. One part of this draft is that there are a ton of high end prospects, but I still feel like I got a steal here. Anton is one of the top earners in S57 after joining late. He is a TPE animal and a good LR add, so I am thrilled to get to pick him. He will replace one of the aging vets on the team soon.

Round 16, Pick 252: Team Muted
Selection: F - Jason Desrouleaux
Reasoning: Another S55 forward, and I can't believe nobody picked Gooney yet. He's mine now.

Round 16, Pick 253: Team Gabe
Selection: D - Adrik Baranov
Reasoning: Solid earner from S55, and fits that same kind of window as the majority of the team. Great fit timeline wise for how late the pick is.

Round 16, Pick 254: Team Sve7en
Selection: P - Sean Gatez
Reasoning: Loading up on the defense of the future, Gaetz is one of the better members of the class of 57 and will follow Kahnwald into an immensely strong blue line in about 5 seasons when he’s my lowest TPE defenseman at 1500 around playoff time. I’m establishing a slightly earlier window than full “build for the future” with some of my older players picked, but good max earning defensive prospects should ease the transition into the mid season 60’s.

Round 16, Pick 255: Team Fishy
Selection: P - Xavier Doom
Reasoning: JoeK is a legendary user, and gives me a top earning forward prospect that can take over next season from one of my old forwards. His former player was a Buffalo and San Francisco legend, and the dedication with that player gives me a long term foundational forward to build around.

Round 16, Pick 256: Team Sparky
Selection: D - Leonids Balzams
Reasoning: This S55 player who I came into the league with, he is a nice solid earner. Has been around the block been around for a lot of seasons so once he retires this player he'll want to come back and play here forever! I also was the GM for the WJC GOLD MEDAL WINNERS UCORCAL in S55

Biggest Surprise:

Reid - Okabe to SDCore to start off the round. Okabe is one season away from regression, with a hair over 1K TPE. Even as a 3rd liner, he won’t last long on the roster. Especially considering some of the other forwards off the board this round (including prospects), as well as other forwards taken in the next few, this stands out as a horrendous pick team building wise. Okabe is a good LR presence I am told, so he ticks a box there.

Biggest Steal:

Reid - Anton Mihailov to me. Extremely biased, obviously, but I was and still am shocked that Anton lasts this long. Joining late, Mihailov is still only 20 TPE back of his classmates. Based on TPE earning rate, he is one of, if not the top earner in the S57 class. I chalk this up as snagging another top earner from the mid S50s. He might not fit my window exactly, but he will be on the upswing and in that 12-1600 TPE range right in the core of my window, meaning he will be a great middle 6 option for me to replace one of my more aging forwards that I have rostered. He is also my only forward prospect, so I knew I would need to get a good one.

ROUND 17

Round 17, Pick 257: Team Sparky
Selection: D - Fleetway Super Sonic
Reasoning: SUPER SONIC! Great pick here, this guy has been in the SHL since s46 or something close to that. But when he states this "Keep Strength at 14. The point of the build is to be strong and and have a strong desire to kill people." you know we have a winner in this pick. He is going to be a nice player in the 3rd line. I played alongside him for 3 seasons in WJC and GMd the Gold Winning Team he was on, and it was a great team, and he played so well in the WJC. His build of Defense strong KILL! Each team should have a GOON on thier team... and I have mine.

Round 17, Pick 258: Team Fishy
Selection: F - Jax Aittokallio
Reasoning: JY is a great locker-room presence, and is one of the few GMs I would be happy to share a locker room with. With JY, Dan, and my WBF, my locker room has a wealth of knowledge that would be helpful to any team. Aittokallio would likely center my second or third line depending on matchups, providing a veteran defensive presence to a line that will likely be young in age.

Round 17, Pick 259: Team Sve7en
Selection: P - Jari Heikkinen
Reasoning: The last piece of the puzzle on defense for now, see Sean Gatez (254). My S62 to S65 TPE on defense is 9458, 9986, 10452, 10742. For reference, Chicago and Hamilton had the top TPE defenses this season (in an 18 team league) at around 9500 or 9600 TPE. Scoochie’s TPE at that point? 1950-2100. Cup run time.

Round 17, Pick 260: Team Gabe
Selection: D - Luffy Richard
Reasoning: Moreorless is a great guy and someone who's progression I've followed since he first got drafted to the SMJHL. He fits right into that same timeline and is a very good young dman to have moving forward.

Round 17, Pick 261: Team Muted
Selection: F - Philipp Winter
Reasoning: A bit of an older player here. As an S43, Philipp Winter will bring experience mostly. Despite his age a very useful players for the next few seasons, someone we can definitely build on while we wait for the younger core to overtake him.

Round 17, Pick 262: Team Reid
Selection: D - Ray Bork
Reasoning: Alternating back to a defender, I picked up Bork to round out my "now" defensive core. He is retiring after this season (I didn't know this at the time of drafting) but still provides a really solid 1200+ TPE option for one season before Petrov can step up and replace him. Tweedle is also a gem, so making this pick just to get him in the Lr would be a win in my book.

Round 17, Pick 263: Team JY
Selection: F - Goku Muerto
Reasoning: I have a S53 center and a S55, how about I bring Reid's old friend back and put Muerto in the last spot there. While I don't expect him to last a long time as a S43, he'll fit a role while I can shelter Reid and Nikiforov.

Round 17, Pick 264: Team Jeff
Selection: D - Tanjiro Kamado
Reasoning: With some aging dmen I really needed some younger talent on the blue line and why not go with one who has a good taste in anime? Tanjiro has been earning well and keeping up with the elite earners in his draft class, making this a really safe pick in my eyes and one that I can’t really go wrong with from an organizational perspective.

Round 17, Pick 265: Team Fae
Selection: F - Michael Fox
Reasoning: I already have Fuzz as a GM so I might as well grab his player too. Fox is a bit older but should be a good option for a few more seasons

Round 17, Pick 266: Team Luke
Selection: F - Kyle Sutton
Reasoning: This pick is like Adam Friedland for me, someone that can earn steady for me, and can be great on the 3rd line, while can be switched to the 2nd line when the time is right. A S54 forward fits well in the core I want to make

Round 17, Pick 267: Team Nham
Selection: F - Boris Poroshenko
Reasoning: “The Beast” is a fantastic middle 6 option to have that can carry the tough minutes over the next season or so as well as contribute positively later on in their career as the youngsters come up and take more of the responsibilities. I can’t speak much to knowing them well personally but knowing Darian, it’d be a great bet to have either and/or both of them on your team.

Round 17, Pick 268: Team Arkz
Selection: G - Cale Amundsen
Reasoning: The future goaltender of the team, Cale has been very impressive in his time in the Juniors and his early performances in the big leagues. If he keeps earning, and performing, at this pace he could be one of the top goalies in the league pretty soon.

Round 17, Pick 269: Team Puff
Selection: F - Noah Gallagher
Reasoning: A big, bruising power forward, Gallagher is perfect on the third line - either to match up against top lines and throw the body against them, or to steamroll other teams' third lines and sit in front of the net screening the goalie.

Round 17, Pick 270: Team Hordle
Selection: F - Justin Keahi
Reasoning: Much like LeGrande, Keahi is here to strengthen my forward lineup. Filling another winger slot. A much needed spot for my team.

Round 17, Pick 271: Team Boom
Selection: F - Matthew Forrester
Reasoning: Forrester was supposed to be my 3C for the near future while the prospects developed, but he retired after I made this pick. Oops.

Round 17, Pick 272: Team SDCore
Selection: F - Nicolaj Muller
Reasoning: Bottom 3 winger, adds to depth. Love silver, good user. Basically building a locker room at this point, with some depth.

Biggest Surprise:

Reid - I would say Matthew Forrester here, as he just retired and recreated, but I don’t want to kick boom while he is down, and to be fair, boom did make that pick prior to the retirement post, lol. As it stands, Fleetway Super-Sonic stands out as a bit of a reach to me. Almost 40th in TPE in the S55 draft, the way he earns, he might cap out at a relatively low TPE, meaning there was better value here for Sparky.

Biggest Steal:

Reid - I alluded to it in my last steal of round 16, but this steal has to be Jax Aitiokallo or however you spell it. Fishy picked up a max earner from the S43 draft, who will likely stick around as a useful player for another half dozen seasons. Add onto that the fact that JY is a great LR presence, and you have a hell of a pick this late in the draft. I know that the S43 people are really old, and it hurts their longevity, but this is still a great pick.

Tune in for Rounds 18, 19, and 20 tomorrow!

Quote:Note to graders:
Individual Word Counts:
TheSparkyDee - 225
Fishy - 600
Sve7en - 225
Gwdjohnson - 100
MutedFaith - 100
Reid - 650
JayWhy - 175
Jeffie43 - 125
Faelax - 100
Luketd - 150
Nhamlet - 200
Arkz - 125
RoastPuff - 125
Hordle - 100
Boom - 100
SDCore - 100
Shuff - 100

[Image: fishyshl.gif]
Thanks to everybody for the sigs :peepoheart:

[Image: czechpp.png][Image: czechup.png]

Sooooon.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

03-23-2021, 10:02 PMKeygan Wrote: Sooooon.

hmmmmmm

Quote:Round 15, Pick 226: Team Fishy
Reasoning: Mavfatha, another TEX user with a friendship with Dan, will likely make up the third and final component of my top line. Mavfatha provides strong playmaking and two-way play, which fits with Smeb and Kekkonen. He will likely be able to stay above 14-1500 TPE for a couple of seasons, and will provide a strong depth piece as regression begins to chip away at his tpe.

@Mavfatha congrats!

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

let me be Mr. Irrelevant please

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs

Yo wtf @jeffie43

[Image: Jepox.gif]

Team Fishy gonna fuck shit up.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

03-23-2021, 10:14 PMLeoben Wrote:
Quote:Round 15, Pick 226: Team Fishy
Reasoning: Mavfatha, another TEX user with a friendship with Dan, will likely make up the third and final component of my top line. Mavfatha provides strong playmaking and two-way play, which fits with Smeb and Kekkonen. He will likely be able to stay above 14-1500 TPE for a couple of seasons, and will provide a strong depth piece as regression begins to chip away at his tpe.

@Mavfatha congrats!

Hmmmmm , something doesn’t seem right here.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

03-24-2021, 09:48 AMJearim Wrote:
03-23-2021, 10:14 PMLeoben Wrote: @Mavfatha congrats!

Hmmmmm , something doesn’t seem right here.

Hmm

(Whoops)

03-24-2021, 05:14 AMJepox Wrote: Yo wtf @jeffie43
fk u

[Image: jackkanoff.gif]

[Image: jeffiesigs.gif]
Nour is pretty hot ngl
(This post was last modified: 03-24-2021, 11:35 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Uff, finally Smile

Puts up 25 goals, doesn't get selected until round 16 and has to play on jeffies team?

Literally couldn't have ended up worse

[Image: 8PlNwDd.png]

I´m just here to make fun of @Toivo for getting drafted after me

Hope everyone is well

Wolfpack LW - Rainbow Dash - Updates Wolfpack
[Image: zVOLkfl.png] [img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/eM6YKiW.gif[/img] [Image: zrRa4LD.png]
[Image: zmHxxsq.png] Rainbow Dash Fan S24-Present [Image: zmHxxsq.png]
Shl SHL Commissioner S34-S52 Shl
Wolfpack New England Wolfpack GM S30-S40 Wolfpack
Militia Montreal Milita Co-GM S26-S29 Militia

03-24-2021, 09:59 PMEggy216 Wrote: I´m just here to make fun of @Toivo for getting drafted after me

Hope everyone is well

Who this?!

Also woooo 17th round. Happy I got drafted in general Tongue

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]