Create Account

The Disrespect of Fedor Sotakov (2x)

I get being upset about this. There are ways to vent your frustration in a better way than this. I fell to the 2nd round and have turned into one of the best defenders of my class. Having a great career is the best revenge. Calm down a bit and come back with that energy in a more positive way. It will pay off.

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

1. I will not apologize for being honest and monetizing my frustration/disappointment.

2. @micool132 is a real one. Wish you and @qWest the best in Atlanta. My only regret is that we will not be teammates at the next level despite my exhaustive efforts to advertise the possibility of it happening. I feel left out.

3. @JSS
[Image: tenor.gif]

Many of you need to come off your high horse. This idea that user need to act a certain way or kiss the rings to get drafted is ridiculous. Conformity is not fun.

[Image: 3laFIkp.png]
[Image: X6QJdlt.gif]
Finland  Raptors  pride

it may interest you to know that i dont think anyone actually pulls up your rookie SMJHL stats when drafting. You're 23rd in TPE, got drafted 25th. Not that big of a deal. I got drafted 24th, was traded, had a season without a single win, played 3 SHL seasons with 20 points, one season with 11. Ive got a handful of MVP votes now, just doubled my career goal total, and hit over a point per game for the first time. Kral Krashwagen went 23rd, he's the leagues goal scoring leader this season, MVP candidate.

All of us put in the work, all of us put in the time. You're not the only one. And you know what? If you maintain your rate of earning, you'll probably hit 2k anyway. The pride have a solid glut of prospects. A 2nd rounder turning into a bonafide SHL star should make you happy , not upset.

This isn't an "old boys club". If anything, people's history with this league is baggage more than it is helpful. There's lots of folks in this draft that make us nervous because they've recreated like 3 times in a few years. So, generally speaking, we talk to new users a lot. We like them, they are really interested in this league. It's a powerful motivator. They're the most fun to have around.

If you carry yourself anything like this post, then it makes sense that maybe you arent the total package you think you are.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

04-04-2021, 12:17 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: This isn't an "old boys club". If anything, people's history with this league is baggage more than it is helpful. There's lots of folks in this draft that make us nervous because they've recreated like 3 times in a few years. 

And yet you still draft them with 1st round picks. 

LOL, do you want productive players in the game or buddies? I mean, If I would've heard some of the shit at the start, that I was told this week... what a game changer.

Finland  Raptors  pride

Um... I'm a bit taken aback at this thread. Everything I shared with you yesterday night was honest @DollaBill. I said I didn't think we would be in a position to draft you in Seattle, and it turns out we weren't. None of it was blowing smoke, so I'm a bit hurt and frustrated by your choice of words, regardless that I understand and empathize with the anger you are feeling. I'm not sure I think it's fair to include Seattle in your list of teams you felt slighted you.

I cannot speak for any other team but Seattle, where I'm part of the war room but final decisions are not mine. We traded up and got the top earner (currently 336 TPE) in the class at 5th overall after not having a first round pick this year. The player made it clear to a lot of other teams that he loves the city of Seattle and wanted to play for our SHL team; we did what I think was a responsible thing and made moves to get a first gen SHL player, like yourself, who was a top earner and deadset on joining the Argonauts. The alternative was to have a user who knew where he wanted to be potentially leave the site/become unhappy with another team for a few seasons, or to see if he'd fall all the way to 26th where we picked first and have the rest of the league feel bitterness at us getting a top prospect midway through the 2nd round. I don't feel any of that is a slight to you.

I think you can ask anyone else in SEA management that from the second they drafted you in Colorado, I was ringing the pro-Sota bell in Seattle. That continued into this weekend, even as I knew Daud Ramza was the guy at the very very top of my GM's draft board.

While I empathize with you, I want to point out a few things to make sure the facts are clear. You are currently ranked 18th in the class in TPE earned at 297, tied with Eero Makela and Robot Sunfish. That's a great clip earning in a very solid class. 11/17 earners ahead of you are recreates who had at least one player prior to their current one. Some of these were long-time successful players; others like Kenitoh, gucci, Randominoe, gaby, and micool, fell short of their goals on their first players, and may have caused some concern that they'd repeat not being a max earner on a new player (this is pretty common). Recreates come with more track record/relationships (and sometimes get a small leg up in early TPE at the trade deadline) but also sometimes more baggage which scares teams off. At my quick glace, I think only 10 recreate players were drafted in the top 24 of the draft (the picks preceding you joining SFP at 25). There were even 1-2 recreates with higher TPE earnings who fell into the mid 2nd or even later, and a few recreates whose personal choices led them to being undrafted.

I think the more interesting and important trend is that 10 of the first 24 picks were used on defensemen, including the first four picks of the draft. 15 total dmen were taken in the first two rounds, which continues to highlight there is a real need at the SHL level for defensemen. I think it's fair to say at this point with everything that's happened over the last 5-8 seasons, high earning first gen defensemen are probably the most valuable prospect category in the league. All else equal, a lot of teams will take a dman over a forward. This is something you probably didn't know as a new user; I wasn't familiar with the needs and ebb/flow of the SHL when I joined, either! It took me a little time to get my feet wet.

Teams consider a lot of different things as they are building their draft boards. I tried to mention in passing in the LR that on-ice production as a rookie isn't something that really gets factored into the draft value for most teams/GMs. Coming in for the first time, I absolutely see how that could be confusing or even frustrating! I'd be happy to talk more about my experience and what I've seen SHL teams focus in on over my 15 season career, if you would be interested.

I hope this doesn't discourage you away from the site. I meant what I said to you yesterday, and think you can continue to have a great career and be an awesome member of Colorado and the site.

I would love to talk more with you; my DMs are open if you want to chat. I understand if you won't want to, especially right now. Best of luck in San Francisco.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

04-04-2021, 12:22 AMhhh81 Wrote: Um... I'm a bit taken aback at this thread. Everything I shared with you yesterday...

I respect this reply. We had a good chat going albeit it came to an abrupt end. I appreciate the analysis you give; it makes a lot of sense. Certainly more sense than some of the HOF'ers who choose to reply with brainless gifs.

Regardless... defenseman are at a premium right now in the SHL.... if only that was advertised to noob-creates like myself....

hmmm

Finland  Raptors  pride

If GMs get a whiff of an attitude like this, you're lucky to be taken in the 3rd.

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

04-03-2021, 10:00 PMsteveoiscool Wrote: A turtle playing hockey will pay for itself so fast just off the spectacle alone, much less Pasta THE Turtle.

PASTA THE TURTLE

[Image: RrqOgzL.png]
[Image: X6NDpNM.png][Image: 6eXcLdf.png]
[Image: yuWLBZB.png]

04-04-2021, 12:28 AMDollaBill Wrote:
04-04-2021, 12:22 AMhhh81 Wrote: Um... I'm a bit taken aback at this thread. Everything I shared with you yesterday...

I respect this reply. We had a good chat going albeit it came to an abrupt end. I appreciate the analysis you give; it makes a lot of sense. Certainly more sense than some of the HOF'ers who choose to reply with brainless gifs.

Regardless... defenseman are at a premium right now in the SHL.... if only that was advertised to noob-creates like myself....

hmmm
The league can be pretty cyclical, and there’s not really a way to put a finger on the scale for positions other than goaltending. Even if your position isn’t at a premium in your draft class, if you keep working at it you’ll get your shot with a fair shake.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

04-04-2021, 12:28 AMDollaBill Wrote:

hmmm

Generally it take a lot of influence, for lack of a better term, to cause us to inform new creates about certain roles being overly or underly populated. The only recent example of such roles would be Goalies, where we have had so many Goalies that there was physically not enough space for all of the people creating as Goalies, or even say creating as an Enforcer back in STHS (Praise Be Unto Simon, Our Uncaring Deity). In addition, even when we have stepped in and let people known about the overflow/lack of, the ramifications are quickly felt in the opposite direction. For example, while we may have an influx of unplayable SHL goalies, after notifying new creates this resulted in us seriously lacking goalies to play in the Juniors League. The foresight needed to predict when the ebbs and flows of role populations within the League anywhere from 3-5 seasons out might fluctuate to being even slightly too high/low I would wager is unreasonable to expect. Numerous factors such as people retiring early, going inactive, breaking expectations and max earning, whatever they may be, can change those roles, their values, and their populations, beyond any sort of reasonable prediction.

In short, I truly wish it was that easy, and it's honestly unfortunate to hear how negatively this has impacted you.

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 12:45 AM by ACapitalChicago.)

04-04-2021, 12:41 AMboom Wrote:
04-04-2021, 12:28 AMDollaBill Wrote: I respect this reply. We had a good chat going albeit it came to an abrupt end. I appreciate the analysis you give; it makes a lot of sense. Certainly more sense than some of the HOF'ers who choose to reply with brainless gifs.

hmmm
The league can be pretty cyclical, and there’s not really a way to put a finger on the scale for positions other than goaltending. Even if your position isn’t at a premium in your draft class, if you keep working at it you’ll get your shot with a fair shake.

Smh my head J GMs too good, saying what I tried to in far less words yet far still far better

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

04-04-2021, 12:35 AMSopath Wrote: If GMs get a whiff of an attitude like this, you're lucky to be taken in the 3rd.

Attitude like what, honesty? Do you guys want to hear what frustrates noobs... or do you just want us to STFU and go with it? I mean, I have legit gripes here. A lot of what I've been told about what really matters to SHL GMs and how they evaluate talent is brand spanking new. Why wasn't I introduced to this shit when I started my time on the site!? Would've completely changed my approach.

Finland  Raptors  pride

There are people who were drafted in my draft class who already went inactive including the fourth overall pick. I was drafted 20th overall and am a top
10 earner. Sometimes it’s better to use it as a chip on your shoulder. Also for the record I haven’t spoken to you but I’ve won three cups including one as a co GM. None of that matters come draft day and sometimes the cookie doesn’t crumble your way. Make a beast and make every GM who skipped you feel dumb

[Image: andyj18.gif]

[Image: andybj18.gif]

[Image: pawter_meowski.png]

04-04-2021, 12:50 AMDollaBill Wrote:
04-04-2021, 12:35 AMSopath Wrote: If GMs get a whiff of an attitude like this, you're lucky to be taken in the 3rd.

Attitude like what, honesty? Do you guys want to hear what frustrates noobs... or do you just want us to STFU and go with it? I mean, I have legit gripes here. A lot of what I've been told about what really matters to SHL GMs and how they evaluate talent is brand spanking new. Why wasn't I introduced to this shit when I started my time on the site!? Would've completely changed my approach.

I mean there's a pretty sizable difference between accusing league GMs of not drafting you over someone else because of nepotism or for other unnamed "reasons" and having legitimate gripes over not being informed of various team needs. You also tried to bait people into asking you what others had to say about the league in a discussion that has no bearing on whatever gripes you may or may not have. Perhaps you should step back and see how people are perceiving you and what you say because honestly regardless of the legitimacy of whatever beef or gripe you may have with the league people aren't going to take you seriously if your first step in airing those grievances is to just insult everyone.

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2021, 12:59 AM by DollaBill.)

Quote:You also tried to bait people into asking you what others had to say about the league in a discussion that has no bearing on whatever gripes you may or may not have.

And where is this at, exactly?

Finland  Raptors  pride