Create Account

Jack Micro goes on a talk show

Jack Micro tired his best to shake off his nerves as he prepared to go on the daytime sports talk show known as The Daily Sportsman with Greg Kingston. He wasn't one for large crowds but luckily the audience gathered to see the show seemed to be fairly small. He was just nervous because this will be his first time meeting Greg and he wanted to make a good first impression. He doesn’t go on many talk shows after all as he usually wants to keep to himself. As he grabbed all the stuff he brought to show off on the show he heard Greg begin to introduce him.
"And now from Anaheim California and one day to be moving to Boston Massachusetts he is a Right winger that is sometimes played at Center and he also likes to skate more then just ice folks!" Jack chuckled to himself at that "the New England Wolfpack's newest draft pick Jack Micro!" Jack thought about skating on his skateboard out to the stage but then saw some places were the wheels could get caught so he just walked out there waving to the crowd with his usual friendly smile and the crowd seemed happy to see him "First of all thank you for coming onto the show Jack"
"Thank you for having me." Jack smiled as he sat down in the chair next to Greg's desk "it's nice to just sit down and relax and meet new people. Plus it's an honor to go onto a great show like this."
"Well thank you for saying that." Greg smiled before getting onto the questions he had for him "now you were a late 2nd round draft pick by the Wolfpack. Were you expecting to go any higher or are you happy where you ended up?"
"Ehh where I fell the draft doesn't really matter to me when just the opportunity to play is there. I was kind of hoping to go a bit earlier but overall I am very happy where I ended up and I wouldn't change it"
"Oh that is nice to hear! You do seem content and I do like to hear stuff like that from players I interview. Now I understand you did not get a single goal during your first SMJHL season. Does that make you at the very least annoyed or anything like that?"
"Ehh I am a bit annoyed at that if I'm being honest but I am not that mad at in the end. I was flexed as a Center and I honestly don't mind that happening because I know that I am good at faceoffs. If they think that is the best way to use me then I do not mind at all."
"Nice to hear that you have no regrets about that. You seem like a guy that doesn'tet much bother you when it comes to stuff like that. Now this will be fun to talk but let's talk about your big hobby of skateboarding on your down time"
"Yeah you can call it a hobby because honestly that is all it is" Jack chuckled before pulling out two skateboards with one of them being red and having an Anaheim Outlaws logo on it amd the other one being green with a Wolfpack logo on it "I actually can make my own custom skateboards as long as I have a blank board and some way to get the logo and some red covering"
"Wait so that's not paint?" Greg asked as he touched the boards, genuinely curious
"I am not a painter my man!" Jack explained "a lot of skaters use this method. I just print the logo to the fabric"
"Ahh that's very interesting. It seems like an unusual hobby for a professional hockey player but seeing how you technically are skating in both areas"
"Yeah a lot of people worry about me hurting myself but I always use the nest equipment to protect myself and I don't usually do much else other then mostly basic moves. I just chill and relax on the board and it does relax me after stressful days. Like my grandfather says, 'Be like waves'"
"Now I understand your grandfather was a huge influence on you. What's the best advice he gave you about life?"
"Honestly the Be like waves one is a huge one. Just try your best to ride the waves of life and just relax. Sometimes you cannot change what happens in your life and that is ok as long as you don't let it affect you mentally"
"That is very good advice Jack. Now if you could change one thing in your life what would it be?" Jack had to think long and hard as Greg asked this "Oh I'm sorry is this too personal?"
"Nah it is fine. I just wish my grandfather was here to cheer me on sometimes" the crowd awwwed at that
"Well I am sure he is with you in spirit"
"Yeah that is definitely what I like to believe as well my man"
"You keep believing in that and in yourself and you will do great things trust me. Well I think our time talking together is coming to an end so thank you for coming in and sorry for how awkwardly quick I had to end this but you know how time constraints are"
"Hey that is absolutely no problem Greg it was a pleasure to talk with you" Jack says as they shake hands
"And it was a pleasure for me too. Well have a good night!"
"You too!" Jack says as he leaves the stage and eventually leaves the building to get into his car to go back home "Hmm, I think I will get Chinese tonight that sounds great" he says to himself as he listens to some relaxing beach music, reflecting on his life and preparing for the future. As he drove around he thought to himself "you know, I di really want to get my first goal soon. Hopefully in this upcoming season I will"

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

agab

[Image: unknown.png]

"Bring back Pingy Pingu Lunga Gumba esq. And I mean bring him all the way back. I want every thread on this forum that involves even a modicum of salt to get razed to the ground by our most notorious shitposting penguin. I want every thunderdome to drown in ABAGABA spam and a signature that doesn't end. I want the userbase of this fine league to cower in terror, slinking about the forums and making as little noise as possible for fear of attracting the Shitpost Slenderman. When some poor immigrant from the NFL sim blunders into the forum and makes an angry post about how his player slipped to the early second round despite having done ALL the rookie tasks(!), let the veteran survivalists stare in horror and pity while the newbie rages. They will know it is only a matter of time before @Pingy Pingu descends upon his post like a ravening wolf and obliterates his tread, reducing it to a radioactive waste-dump of unintelligible spam. They will not interfere, for Pingy is our immune system. Because he can take it. Our Dark Knight of Shitposting"

Sig credit to @WannabeFinn @JSS @Mordaciious @Mayuu @TommySalami
                                              Falcons banner credit to @karey