Create Account

Söderberg to undergo surgery to repair torn ACL

PRESS RELEASE

CHICAGO, IL — Chicago Syndicate management announced today that forward Gunnar Söderberg will undergo surgery to repair a tear in his left ACL.

Söderberg suffered the injury during the fourth overtime period of the Syndicate’s 5-4 loss to Calgary on March 26th.

It was initially believed that the injury would not require surgery, but following Sweden’s elimination in the IIHF S59 quarterfinals, further consultation led to the decision to operate.

“I’m just trying to think positive right now,” said Söderberg. “I’ve talked to the doctors a lot already, and I’m really optimistic that I’ll be able to work through this in the offseason and be back in time for training camp.”

Söderberg, 31, dressed in all 82 games for Chicago this season and postseason, posting 70 points (37 goals, 33 assists).

Overall, the Luleå, Sweden native has appeared in 598 career regular season SHL games, amassing 392 points (189 goals, 203 assists).

Söderberg will be reevaluated prior to training camp, but is expected to return in time for the regular season.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Luleå >_<

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

Duuuude. Friendly reminder to always get your pains evaluated. Here's hoping the op goes well, Gunnar!

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

Sending love Gunnar… hope all goes smoothly! Can’t wait to get back on the ice with you… even though we will be playing against each other. Let me know if you need anything, I can drop off some soup !

[Image: gurbs.gif]

God damnit am I going to have to come over and walk the dogs for you now?

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Heal up quickly! Feel better soon!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

06-17-2021, 05:25 PMSDCore Wrote: God damnit am I going to have to come over and walk the dogs for you now?

well since you offered so nicely….

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Videl Valor flies in
Gives Gunnar a senzu bean

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]