Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #3 - Rivalry Week

I like to thing that the biggest rival during my young SMJHL career will be actually the Anchorage Armada as they were foolish enough to not trade up all the way to #1 but only to the number #3 spot in the draft. Obviously there has been history between me as the user and the Armada franchise as I have been a very active alumni of theirs. So me being drafted by the FHM rival the Quebec City Citadelles makes it an easy rivalry pairing since there already exists some animosity between the two teams. This can be nicely tied into the draft shenanigans that took place by both teams to be able to draft my player. I also am called a snake by some Armada members which ignites my competitive drive to beat those guys whenever the team from Quebec City faces them. Also the Armada stinks and the Firebirds are the superior branding of that franchise

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

PBE affiliate PT

The biggest rival in the league for me has nothing to do with my Team. It’s has everything to do with being passed on. Upon creating for this league there was a handful of us that came over in this last draft class from the ISFL everyone who created at the same time as me went early and to the same team which also happened to be my home state but I was passed on. By the second round on Draft day I found myself sitting In the green room all alone. I told myself that day that I would make Nevada Battle Born regret not selecting me. It also sparked a player rivalry between myself and my friend Willie Miller who is now Nevada’s Goalie. There’s something special about getting the puck past Miller. The Maine vs Nevada games will always mean more to me than any other team. 

For Carolina…..honestly I don’t really know. Personally, I don’t think we’ve built up one main “rival” quite like other teams have. Since the transition to divisions, I’d say Detroit has become Carolina’s biggest rival as St Louis hasn’t quite made it over the hump to become contenders thus far. Newfoundland was and still is quite the contender for “main rival” as they’ve been a consistent force to reckon with in the playoffs. Maine was also a rival, still is to an extent, but I think that has more of a “friendly banter” feel to it than an actual rivalry feel to it. At the end of the day though, I think it’s safe to say that Detroit is likely our main rival for the time being, if only for the reason that they are in our division and are relatively close in terms of proximity. Maybe expansion will bring a team a little closer in proximity to give us a new main rival.

[Image: lap-teamsig.png]
Aleksi Kettu
[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]