Create Account

s60 PT #5: SHL Family Values

Nicholas Owens is, maybe a bit surprising to some, a really introverted person. As such growing up, he didn't really interact much outside of his immediate family of his father, mother, and sister. This luckily (well depending how you look at it) pays off as most family don't really care to talk to him / know that if they ask for publicity, money, or anything else that he probably won't give it to them. As for his immediate family, they always just treat him as they did as a kid. They don't talk too much about his hockey life, more just worrying about his general well being. That's not to say they don't care about his profession or anything, but they just care about other areas.You know the usual questions of, when are you getting married, have you ate yet, have you took a shower, are you sleeping, etc etc.

PBE S26 Championship Week

[Image: mtDOugA.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

[Image: KhdDH3Q.png] [Image: q4PM2XX.png]

Bojo Box (C. Knouse)

Ola Wagstrom is a bit estranged from his family, as he chose the life of a sports player instead of going to law school like his parents wanted. It will be a long time spent hearing how much better his neurosurgeon cousin is; the folks just don’t care that he is literally a famous star. At this point in career you would think they would respect him…but no dice. The crazy drunken aunt is going to create some sort of scene there, and should be watched at all times, so there is going to be a ton of problems in that department too. Ola will be looking to get out of there as soon as possible, and might even find an excuse not to go…sure it’s family, but he could pretend to be sick right? Always a good cop out. He sure would rather be working on hockey than dealing with relatives he doesn’t even like, or getting embarrassed by them in public. The thought of one of their tirades or fiascos on social media…best just to avoid them altogether.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/ByNN8Jn.gif[/img]

With the Whalers having a bye week going into the playoffs, I was able to go home to Canada and attend my family reunion. I arrived at the airport and was greeted with many cheers of fans in my hometown of Nova Scotia, many of which were holding "Congrats on Rookie of the Year" signs. After signing a few of the signs on the way to my ride, I was driven back to my home where my family was awaiting my arrival and I was greeted with much love and cheers as this is the first time I've seen my family since before this season started. My Rookie of the Year trophy was on display near the dinner table, much to my chagrin because my stupid ass little cousin Larry wiped fucking cake all over it so now I have to pay to get it cleaned. Fuck you Larry. All-in-all, though, going home to see my family was a great experience and I can't wait to get back to Vancouver to try to win a championship with this Whalers roster.

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

This is the first time that the Klompus family invited Jack to the family reunion in three seasons. After the star defenseman turned forward announced that he was going to be leaving the Minnesota Monarchs for free agency, it was as if he betrayed his own family. Members of the family did not talk to Jack for quite some time because of how passionate they all are about hockey growing up in a strong hockey community like St. Paul, MN. This is also a reason why Jack is the center of attention at the family reunions as everyone wants to know all the SHL news directly from one of the players. A lot of the reunion included Jack's mom pleading with her boy to come to his senses and leave the busy New York life behind and go back home to the rest of the family. It was nice that he finally got an invitation back to see everyone but it was an extremely awkward situation that hopefully he won't have to deal with again any time soon.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

For Justin Keahi, the family reunions aren't his thing. If he wants to see someone from his family, he will visit them or give them a call. Family reunions to him are just reminders that there are people that he doesn't like who are related to him. When he was younger, his dad and him would only go to make his great grandpa happy. Once his great grandpa passed, they both stopped attending the family reunions. Now, his family consists of the people he wants to see. His parents and grandparents, plus a few cousins that he likes to hangout with. Just because they are family, doesn't mean you have to like them or interact with them. Blood is thicker than water, but at the end of the day they are both just liquids. When he does meet with family, they rarely talk about his hockey career, and focus on more interesting topics.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

PBE CW

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

Jaska Seppala of the Buffalo Stampede has a huge family and the seppala famaly reunion is always a spectacle. The seppala family reunion is a bunch of Finish people getting absolutely plastered going crazy. There is Aapo Seppala who is about 13 and is trying to follow in his uncle's footsteps, Jaska Seppala, and be a professional hockey player in the Simulation Hockey League but is not all that great, to tell you the truth he can barely skate but whenever these family reunions happen he talks nonstop about hockey and what how great he is. There is Kalle Seppala who is actually very good at hockey and who knows? He might become a star. But then there are degenerates like Benjamin Seppala who always turns our reunions into a mess by bringing up politics. Soon after he has a few beers all hell breaks loose and its just pure chaos. It is both fun and terrifying at the same time.

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

The Gibbles Family reunion would be a wild weekend affair. Collin Gibbles would offer to host the event at his private residence just outside of the Twin Cities. Gibbles and his wife Anna Kendrick-Gibbles have recently had a guest house built that would be more than suitable to house the extended families. One big name would be the recently retired Bob Gibbles of Pro Baseball Experience fame. Bob would be bringing his soon to be draftee son Bob Gibbles Jr. along for the ride as well. Jr would definitely get up to all sorts of hijinks with Collin Gibbles' son Gordon William and daughter Anna. The sprawling home and land surrounding it would allow all the children free range to explore and adventure. While that happens the adults would be free to drink, grill food, and enjoy the pool shaped like the Monarchs logo that was installed last offseason. While no retirement announcement comes yet for Collin Gibbles, he is definitely feeling his age catch up to him on the ice.

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

[Image: Elwulf-Jericson-Reunion.jpg]

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Jonathon Hagan spends most of his summers, outside of trips and training camp, at his family's home in Nashville. There he gets to catch up with his older brother, James, who has his own family and lives in nearby Mount Juliep, and generally enjoy life with his family, in the house he grew up in. His family is a hockey family - his dad, Marc Hagan, played 5 seasons in the SHL for Edmonton and Minnesota, winning a Challenge Cup with the former, before retiring from professional hockey. While Jonathon's brother did not reach the SHL, instead playing 5 seasons in the SMJHL and then playing NCAA D1 at Michigan, the entire family is rooted in professional hockey. James and Marc both helped him get to where he is today, and are happy to see him put the tools in place to be an SHL star - though as a defenseman, for once, as the rest of the family have all been forwards. Even Jonathon's grandfather, Colton Hagan, who played 9 seasons in the SHL and won a gold medal with Team USA, was a forward. But they're all ready for the defenseman to show just how good he is.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Wow it is already offseason soon for hockey league player known as aleksander kozlov who is currently a player in the simulation hockey leagues division that is located in one of the conferences on the simulation hockey league franchise that is widely known and loved called the tampa bay barracuda has to go to a family reunion, this is great news for simulation hockey league player aleksander kozlov of the tamap bay barracuda. aleksander kozlov my player has to go back to Russia to see family which is very farm this is bad news kind of because aleksanderk ozlov cause he loves playing in tamap and tampa is not a bad team it is awesome so our hero alkesander kozlov would have to miss playoffs to make it to Russia in time oh no so in the end he must make an apology to the family and explain situation so it's all smoothed over for the guys

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Family is more important than anything that is why they call me vin diesel. Unlike vin diesel however I am a hockey player not an actor and the shl playoffs are about to go down. I am busy I cannot spend time with my family. I must play in the playoffs. I do love my family but I love my shl Atlanta inferno family more and so I must be a top line player for them and win the cup and win the razov so that I can become a hall of famer when I finally retire. I cannot believe this has not been 150 words yet holy fuck, but me and my family are super chill. There is no tension or drama following any of us around. It is just casual fun, lots of food, let’s hit the gym after cause we are chilling. I will drive to the game and my family have bought tickets to see me play how exciting. I hope to score a hat trick in front of them.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

My family reunion was more than a nightmare for me. It was something more like H-E-double hockey sticks. I was burned and seared by cool cousins from the moment I stepped in the halls. My hot jock uncles sprayed extra-sour super blue razz yogurt directly into my face as soon as that first double tender Angus beef burger hit the grill! Something was terribly wrong, but I was too busy getting stripped down to my underwear and dunked head first into every single toilet in a 5 mile radius to even stop and think. Welcome to my family reunion, and boy is it EVER a world of hurt.
All of my family are money grubbing husks for human beings! The entire family formed a lineup, leading to me (who is obviously eating blue razz yogurt). Just a line up of various family members asking me for money and yell when I say no! UGH get me back to Philadelphia!

For the most part, Tony Pepperoni's family reunions go pretty well, there's only one real source of tension. When Tony has to be around his uncle, former SHL player himself Tommy Salami. Tommy always warned Tony to not go into the SHL and instead take up his passion sport broomball. Tony loved watching his uncle play, especially earlier in his career when he was a highly touted prospect and rookie of the year award winner. Tommy's soul was never really in the game so he didn't perform nearly as well as many thought he should have. This disappointment left some resentment in Tommy's heart that he subconsciously put onto Tony.

When Tony's career was going extremely well and people would ask him about it, Tommy would interrupt to tell everyone about how he won MVP (again) in his recreational broomball league! Everyone would feign being impressed but it gets annoying.

Now that Pepperoni's career is winding down, Tommy is a little more open to Tony's career. Hopefully the tension will continue to die down!

[182 words]

[Image: TommySalami.gif]

Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard Raptors Blizzard

EDM All-Time Leader in Goals, Assists and Points