Create Account

S60 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

How are we, the Kelowna Knights preparing for the playoffs? Well step one was to sell off any player that is experienced so that they can actually make the playoffs. As for the rest of us we have gone to Best Buy and purchased 4 Big Screen TV's for the locker room so that we can watch the other teams in the playoffs. Snacks will include popcorn, hot dogs, candy, ice cream, and all the alcohol that a team can conceivably consume in the playoffs. Now you might thing that this is a bit overboard but for a team that has been essentially eliminated since the start of the season, playoff prep was never part of the vision. Instead we are looking 2-3 seasons down the road when the rebuild is finished and the team is a very good contender for cups. We have some of the best young players in the J this season and they are only going to get better as time goes on. As long as everyone continues to buy in and develop look for the Knights to be back in the playoffs as early as next season and real contenders in two.

The Kelowna Knights are buzzing with excitement at the start of their playoff run. Everyone is growing their playoff beards and trying to get a couple of tickets for friends and family. But the real story is not the hours of extra practice time to get ready for the playoffs. The real scoop is what the team does after practice to bond as a team. Because only by playing as a group can victory be achieved. So what is the secret to the knights team building, is it go kart racing, is it group ice fishing, do they have epic team karaoke sessions, no its brutally controversial but shown to work with emotionally stunted prison inmates. The entire team takes turns punching each other in the mouth. Just one punch each and no crazy MMA takedowns. As insane as it sounds, each member of the team gets a random name of another teammate and everyone lines up and socks each other in the face. But the important part is what happens next, each team mate then looks into the other person's eyes and yells "I'm your brother and I got your back". While this may seem a radical method, the results are hard to argue with. As when the Thorn was last caught with a high stick to the face and the entire team on the ice piled in to start an epic brawl resulting in penalties for all five guys on the ice. This team has each other's back no matter what and teamwork is how championships are won.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2021, 07:11 PM by Jayba1t.)

The Colorado Raptors are just a few wins away from clinching the division. Even though we are extremely hyped over the division title and will get that first round bye, we won’t be snoozing away. Us dinos plan the schedule several team meetings, discussing strategies, game plans and motivating each other. After the early exit last year, we will strive the push and win that 4 Star cup. Our coaches, during practice will hammer down skating, passing, shooting and defense drills. Everyone will get an opportunity to hone in on some key skills. We will focus on certain plays, to prepare and outsmart the opponents we face. Our GMs will be busy at work, developing the best strategy to counter each obstacle thrown at us. They will figure out some solid line synergies, and work on Special Teams units. Everyday, everyone will head into the gym and do all the important strength exercises. Focusing on, arm, core, leg strength and overall stamina, we can look to outwork our opponents. And finally, motivating each other. We all are confident in the locker room, and know we can do well. We strive to push for every win, and will not give up an inch. Everyone is in positive mood and there’s a lingering positive vibe around.

G O R A P T O R S !

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

As we gear up and get ready for the playoffs the Colorado Raptors are taking "gearing up" to a whole 'nother level. In preparation for the postseason the coaching staff placed a massive online internet for Chinese produced steroids. They have all the classics. Testosterone, of course. A great base line to boost strength and improve physical recovery. If Colorado is the freshest team on the ice, they have the best chance to win. Then, of course, there is the harder stuff. Some of the more old school guys on the team aren't into all the needles and tracking blood levels, things like that. For those guys they're just popping 100mg of Anavar once a day and calling it good. They go on to lift heavier in the gym, pack on muscle faster than Conor McDavid doing a lap around the ice rink, and save their liver for the weekends since Anavar is metastasized in the kidneys. Finally, we have the big daddy of drugs. The favorite of the bruisers, the enforcers, and the goons. Those Trenbaloney sandwiches. Not everybody on the Raptors is comfortable with taking Trenbalone, but for those who are they have almost quadrupled in size before this playoff push. They're big, they're cut, and they're chomping at the bit for the muzzle to come off so they can be unleashed on whatever poor, unsuspecting team has the misfortune of joining them on the ice.

(243 words)

[Image: LETS-FUCKING-GO.gif][Image: DTJR-Colorado-Signature.jpg]

[Image: bcZMZS0.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: qp9sjzw.png] [Image: QPhJjnn.png] [Image: cz7Q1LV.png] [Image: RapExQb.png] [Image: sXGJ3Yn.png]
-----
[Image: aasdAwo.png]

Canada Update Thread | Player Page Canada
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2021, 01:44 PM by ephenssta.)

ISFL affiliate
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2021, 02:55 PM by Omniscius.)

The Newfoundland Berserkers are basically the best team ever. We're riding into the playoffs on a high right now and winning games on games. For now I'm serving as the back-up to Evgeni Petrov. Guy's a beast. For the playoffs I'm growing my beard and hair out. Gonna get a nice new cap, and work on my water boy skills. Basically, I'm gonna be the team's new cheerleader.

We're taking every practice seriously and we go out every game with the intention to kill. We're a group of motivated and talented individuals that have managed to really come together to form this historic team. I'm a rookie this season and feel honoured to play for this team. For some guys though this may be their last year to win it. So I think we're all gathering together to make sure we take full advantage of this opportunity to win the cup. Berserkers

[Image: png_20230208_222443_0000.png][Image: johanseen.jpg]

Coming into the season, the Carolina Kraken locker room was buzzing with thoughts around the potential of the team next season. Some among us thought we could make an underdog run in the playoffs this year, but overall, I think we've outperformed expectations this season. That said, going into the playoffs, we're just trying to get in the right mindset. A slump heading into the playoffs is never ideal, but we turned around from a slump midseason and I'm confident we can pull together to do it again. Chris (Conner) has shown that he can react to situations with positive results. His move at the trade deadline to replace an inactive player with a strong second pairing defenseman, one of our weaker spots, just shows that he is always looking for ways to adapt. Other than that, we're just going with the flow and doing what has been successful for us all season.

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

The team has been talking about winning in the playoffs all season long, looking to be the true Cinderella story that can win the whole thing as the bottom seed and surprise the league. Lots of players have kept up all season in development, adding lots of young rookies with potential and skills. The team has been watching lots of film, drinking hot chocolate in 90 degree weather in the sauna, and building team chemistry by boar hunting in the free time. 

The players on the team truly believe we can have a good surprise playoff run and make some noise especially if we get past the first round and make a real run for the cup. A few guys opted out of boar hunting for squirrel hunting but they have all found ways to bond in their own special ways. All in all the team is coming around together nicely and can't wait for the playoffs to start.

ISFL Affiliate

We are pretty much done for the regular season here in Vancouver, we are just padding ASM and Makrus with some goals while some guys like myself are just messing around. I play as a true enforcer now, 1 goal and 16 PIM last game, was freaking awesome. 9 minutes of hard work every game and the rest of the game i just eat candy and hot dogs on the bench. I bought a keg the other day to share with my 4th line buddys Barry and Strawberry, Barry didnt like it that much and said that we needed to train and prepare for the playoffs but god damn Strawberry Sailfish can chug some beer. Brought his own bong along. We managed to keep it up for 3 hours before Sven called Barry and he had to act sober while me and Strawberry tried to be as silence as we could to not blow our cover.. It was an interesting training session after that.

[Image: croppad.jpg]

So here in Kelowna we're coming off of a cup winning season, but that doesn't mean we're expecting to still be a top team. It's quite the opposite, really - a lot of the players from that cup run are gone now due to SHL callups and they've been replaced by younger blood. This is a rebuild year for the Knights, so expectations are low. Despite that, we're still going to see how far we can make it, even though our chances don't seem great. Our matchup for the first round is Quebec City - a team we've had some recent playoff clashes with. Preparing for the playoffs is mostly a mental thing for us. Around half of the team right now are rookies, meaning they've got absolutely no playoffs experience, so being able to get into a good mindset and stave off the pressure that comes from being in the playoffs, especially when representing a team with such a rich history and passionate fanbase, is crucial. The entire team has been having meetings with our sports psychologist to address these issues. Of course, we're preparing physically as well - our training schedule has gotten much more intense now, we're pushing ourselves to our limits to be in the best form we can when we step onto the ice against QCC.

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes

I have officially received word that Nevada has made the playoffs! I will walk you through what all we did to prepare for the playoffs.

Film: Film days were very important in Nevada, perhaps a bit too important. I had approached our coaches on more than one occasion about potentially spending less time in the film room and more time on the ice. We will see if their ideas end up working or if I was right all along.
Practice: Our practices were simple. We got dressed in the locker room then hit the ice. Depending on the day we may do 1 on 1s, 3 on 3s, 5 on 5s, power play offense, power play defense, full scrimmage... I mean the list could go on. Another thing I have mentioned to the coaches is that maybe we could work on condensing the drill list we do to be more focused on a certain aspect.
Bonding: Finally, we have really come together as a team. Whether that be hitting the bowling alley, going out for food, or catching a late night movie, we were always together any chance we could be.

Here's to Nevada making the playoffs and hopefully pulling off an upset or two!

[Image: 8pRoFZH.png]

[Image: Playoff.jpg]

[Image: Spicy_Funko.jpg]
Player Page             Update Thread

PT pass

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]