Create Account

S60 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 06:49 AM by Talls.)

Code:
1. Written, 3 TPE, Ups and Downs (150 words min.)
So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

This season could of been better.  The San Francisco Pride and the Colorado Raptors were both eliminated in their first playoff series'.  There was a definite improvement in Seteki's game from his SMJHL rookie season.  Yes, the PR disaster was over the top, and everything outside of hockey seemed to go wrong.  But, he finally got to go back to Japan and see his family after a few years in the United States.  It was great seeing his family and friends and acting as an ambassador for hockey in his native Japan.  Seteki was also selected as a goaltender for WJC team World and his dream IIHF Team Japan.  It made all of the issues throughout the season and year worth it.  He hopes to end his S60 season on a high not with medals in both tournaments.  Seteki knows that the results will propel him into the next season and allow him to be much better with the added experience.

[161 Words]

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Pokemon! Everyone loves em, and if you don't, you didn't have a childhood. Or adulthood. Anyways, let's imagine all SHL and SMJHL players are now pokemon. Assemble your team! On top of that, what is your strategy to navigate the POKESHL? Try to get the strongest pokemon and become champion? Catch all of the possible players and complete your pokedex? UwU Breed them? Catch low level juniors players and train them? Or become a gym leader, helping others on their path to greatness? I'd love to hear your approach.

I am the type of pokemon trainer that tends to pick a few types and stick to them.  I would 100% catch low level players of the Agitator and Dangler type and train them up.  If they had good IVs, you are damn well sure I would breed those bad boys.  Once I have achieved the genetic superior (in terms of pokemon) team, I would continue to breed them and see them to the highest bidder.  Keeping the best ones for myself.  I want to be one of those trainers that could be a master or gym leader but just chooses not to.  With all my strong, scorey boys, I would dominate other trainers.  Thus, making them want to buy my pokemon.  Rinse and repeat this process for a few years and reap the rewards.  Finally, I would celebrate by using my profits to buy a nice villa in Japan to live out my days.

[155 words]

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...

I wake up in the body of fellow Japanese person, Ryuuji Minamino.  It is a little shocking because I am a goalie by trade and I have no idea how to play right wing.  I immediately contact myself to find the Senji Seteki is now Ryuuji Minamino.  As you would imagine, we are pretty confused and come up with a plan to make this work.  We both seemed to have kept our physical attributes and skills and since no one really pays attention to us, we decide to switch places, with different bodies.  So the body of Senji Seteki, controlled by Ryuuji Minamino is playing for Chicago while Ryuuji Minamino, controlled by Senji Seteki cheers from the stands.  Surprisingly, no one really noticed the switch!  We went about our days as normal expecting someone to notice, but then again, we know how Americans work.  After the series was over and after a good night's sleep, we woke up back in our original bodies and amazing, no one even noticed the switch.

[171 words]

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

I know the J is supposed to be about engagement and such, but I think the playoff format needs tweaked a little.  The teams that are in the bottom part of the league usually lose and just causes sadness anyway, so why even have them?  I think an 8 team playoff is the perfect amount, as it would mean there are 3 rounds total.  Assuming each go to a full 7 games, that would be 3 days per round.  With three rounds, that means the playoffs would end after roughly a week and a half.  It cuts down on the down time for teams that are eliminated and it removes those boring 3 days of teams waiting to play.  Given the maximum of 9 days for playoffs, simmed 6 days a week, starting on a Monday, the playoffs would be over by the following Wednesday.  That gives a nice little break before international play and then right into the draft week.  It would speed the process up immensely and reduce the amount of down time for everyone.

[177 Words]

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

I predict a repeat of last seasons Gold medal game result of Japan winning.  There are some new faces in the locker room but there are a ton of returning veterans.  How could anyone not think they could repeat.  Guided by the steady hands of MinnesotaFine and Nhamlet, this team is just as stacked as last year, with all that extra gusto.  The backup goaltender is finally active, leading to more improvements coming in the next few tournaments.  New players like NIKE and Twix add some much needed new blood to the skating lineups.  Like last year, one would expect Monkey D. Luffy and Martijn Westbroek to continue to dominate the international arena.  Olli Saarinen, Jr., though slightly regressed will continue to anchor the team and provide a great backstop until Seteki is ready in the coming seasons.  Finally, that Japanese luck looks to continue.  Hopefully, it all comes together to provide yet another medal for team Japan.

[158 words]

CW TRIVIA LINK

Code:
15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Pizza

Code:
17. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.
MILESTONES TBD (check back later)
+3

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

So this was a tough season for everyone in the SHL. Dealing with trolls online, horrible PR from product endorsements, and on top of that all some minor identity fraud to add to the pile. Are these the worst things to happen to your player this season, or did something unimaginably horrible happen? On the flip side, were there any bright spots hidden in the countless nuisances and problems? What good things on and off the ice happened this season for you?

For Justin Keahi, the worst possible thing happened this past season. He was picked in an expansion draft by the Philadelphia Forge, ending any hope he had at playing his entire career with Tampa Bay. Tampa were so close to being a playoff contender, and Justin was ready to start battling for the cup every season. It would not be though, as they would expose Justin for the expansion draft, and ultimately lose him for nothing. With that said, Philadelphia faired well this season, at points performing better than Tampa. In playoffs, the Forge would end up with more wins than the fish, though both had a series victory total of zero. Now Justin looks to his future with the Forge, as he now sees himself helping lead the Forge to their first cup. Or at least getting paid the big bucks until he leaves them to chase a cup as his game starts to slow.

Freaky Friday.. or Monday. Tuesday? Anyhow, I think the finals will be over by Friday barring some kind of Re-sim :grimace: Anyways, I forgot the plot of the movie but there's something about a fortune cookie and now you're in your mom's body! But actually, it's the body of an SHL player, one from Chicago or Buffalo! (If you are on Buffalo or Chicago, you can't be yourself, pick a teammate or opponent). Now that you are them and they are you, what do you do during the big game? Play amazing and turn a scrub into a superstar? Play like a bum and try to help the other team win? Oggle yourself in the mirror? The world is so exciting in a new body...

Justin Keahi wakes up the day of game 7 of the SHL finals. Another season not in playoffs. Something isn't right though, he isn't in his own bedroom. He's in a hotel. Odd, he thinks to himself, but it's not out of the ordinary to party so hard the previous night that he ends up passed out in someone else's hotel. There is a banging at the door though, "Gunnar! Gunnar! Wake up, you're going to be late to meeting the team at the rink!" Justin thinks to himself, how did I end up in a hotel room of someone named Gunnar. He gets up to leave and he looks in the mirror. "I can't believe it." He isn't Justin anymore, he is Gunnar Söderberg, of the Chicago Syndicate. Not going to question anything, he puts on Gunnar's best suit and heads to the rink. Only one thing to do he thinks to himself, and that's winning the Challenge Cup with nothing but grit and fighting.

What's your prediction for this season's IIHF tournament? Which teams do you expect to do well (or not well)? Which players?

Going into this season's IIHF tournament, there is not doubt about who will be the best team. It'll be the chocolate loving, cheese dealing, knife slinging, and watch collecting Swiss. That's right bitches, Switzerland are winning this motherfucker. They're going to beat the absolute dog shit out of all the other teams, I mean just crush them. They'll be the school yard bullies of the tournament, forcing all the other teams to give them their lunch money. If that's not enough, they are going to not let any of the teams score. They'll physically beat you so bad, that you won't even dare touch the puck. If you even think about it, they're putting you through the boards. It'll be gang warfare on ice, but it'll be one sided. The other teams might as well call in now and forfeit if they don't want to leave the tournament in body bags because the Swiss are winning this godamn motherfucking tournament.

7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

If we would have stayed in the STHS engine, Justin Keahi would not have a career, and MyLittleHexx as a user would not be active anymore. STHS encouraged the same build, no build diversity. If you even thought about having checking in your build, you were seen as cancer by general managers. It was fun for my first player where I was a defensive/two-way defensemen, but after that I was bored with the limited options I was allowed to build with. If FHM was the only thing I knew, I might have been more active with my previous two players. Being able to build a player how I want, without worrying about it being looked at as out of meta would have been so nice. Especially since I could start building my player with one player type in mind, then a few seasons pivot and completely build towards a different player type.

12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?

Do both these teams deserve to be in the Challenge Cup Finals? No, neither team deserves to be here. They earned the right to play for the Challenge Cup. They fought and beat good teams to get here, and to say they deserve to be here is an insult to the work they put in this past season to get to this point.

b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?

What's more impressive to me is the Chicago runs they've put together. Buffalo had how many finals and how many seasons of playoffs, but only have three cups to show for. Meanwhile, Chicago were an expansion team and made solid progress and are Challenge Cup champions in recent seasons. Anyways, I think both teams are solid and it should be a fun series.

c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.

For Chicago, the one thing I don't enjoy is there alternate jerseys. It's too much yellow for me, plus Yellow helmets never look good. There is not a single team that I can think of that has ever made a yellow bucket work, and the Syndicate join a long list of teams that failed to do so.

d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

The best player to play for the Chicago Syndicate is actually a player that never pulled the Syndicate jersey over there head and played a game with them. I'm talking Justin Keahi, who originally was a Syndicate prospect. He is a little wrecking ball on the ice, and an expert pest. He gets under the skin of his opponents, and really throws them off their games.

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

ISFL Affiliate +3 TPE

[Image: 622070_joashb_peanut-butter-monster.png?f1530255985]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 12:45 AM by bjkman.)

0. ISFL Affiliate PT = 3 TPE

5. New SMJHL Teams = 2 TPE

You know what... who doesn't like seeing a few hearts broken especially the broken hearts of new teams, because come on... we've been here longer. There is about a 90% chance that the new SMJHL teams miss the playoffs in their first season if we cut down the number of teams that reach the playoffs, And we absolutely should! That's the hard love they need to make it in the SMJHL. If teams start to miss the playoffs this will be a reminder for them to work harder in the off-season to become contenders the following year. This is great for the league, and the playoffs will have a bigger feel to them if not everyone gets an invite.

Code:
119 Words

12. 4 Topics = 4 TPE

a. The salt special: Do these teams deserve to be here? Or were they gifted a trip to the finals through puck luck and bullshittery?

From a strictly stats point of view, it is hard to find teams as deserving of a finals birth as the Buffalo and the Syndicate.  2 of the 4 best teams by W/L is already good news for a possibly fun back-and-forth final, and looking at the Offensive and Defensive leaders, Buffalo and Syndicate forwards, defensemen, and goalies are strewn all over the stat sheets, showing just how much these teams worked to get to the finals.

Code:
77 Words

b. Buffalo has been here many times in the past 20 seasons, this is only the second (I think I'm too lazy to check) time for Chicago. Which is more impressive? The continued dominance of Buffalo? Or the solid couple of runs Chicago has made despite the team only being 15 seasons old?

Oh, look... It's the team that has made it to the finals 4 of the last 5 seasons. Only one problem... uh... Buffalo hasn't won any of them, not one championship in the last 5 seasons. It's almost like the Simulation is just messing with them, which is kind of hilarious honestly. Both teams have success in their veins, now the real question is do one of these teams deserve to win?

Code:
72 Words

c. Everyone's a critic: Nitpick one thing about either team's logo, jersey, rink design, goal horn, or general site demeanor.

Buffalo Stampede, your logo looks straight up like a novelty coin that you would buy at an overpriced gift shop. Seriously, The Buffalo head is Heads, and the New York state outline is tails. Maybe, a little less circular next time? I just want to look at something where my first thought isn't what side will it land on.

Code:
59 Words

d. Who is the best player to play for either team? Is it a current player? Retired? Traded? Make your case.

Looking thoroughly through the stats sheet,  I changed my mind multiple times on who to pick here but I gotta give the Goalies some love, specifically Mat Smith, whose 36 win season was tied for 2nd best in the league, the only thing that wasn't tied, was his dominant topping of the most saves list with SEVEN on the season! If they can pull another Shut-out, this time against Buffalo, they could stop Buffalo from winning the finals once again.

Code:
80 Words

15. Trivia = 3 TPE

Bosh

16. Luke Heist = 2 TPE

If Luke is being so kind, then I am letting them do everything they want to do. First, I'll pick them up in a VERY NICE car, to start off a very impressive, I mean expensive, evening! Next, where does Luke want to eat, does he want a lot of food for little moneys, or a little food for lotta moneys, the cuisine and the price point are up to him, next are we going outside or staying inside. The best movie theater in town? What film are we seeing Luke? Are we renting bikes to go riding? Do you mean bicycles or motorcycles? As we can see money isn't an issue, so treat your date right!

Code:
117 Words

17. Milestones = 3 TPE

= 16 TPE (+1)

Did Ya Get It?

[Image: OwNf3O9.gif]

PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 03:48 AM by Salming.)

I agree, it was a tough season especially off the ice thanks to all kind of PR problems. However, also on the ice I had pretty tough season. It began solidly on the third line with regular linemates and also our team got some victories. After success I got promotion to the second line and against tougher opponents my level of play dropped even though superstar center Scarn tried to carry me and Vanice but game after game we got minuses. Same trend continued until the end of season because we also traded Scarn and Kanoff in the middle of season to focus more on the future. I am fine with that discussion of course and I don't have any hurry to get success but it just affected my performances on the ice and also for the whole team. We lost many games after those guys left and in the end I collected only 25 points in 66 games when on my rookie season I had 10+20=30 points in 66 games. Also my plus-minus ratio was horrible -16 because I couldn't hold my own water on second line. It was too much asked on my sophomore year in a men's league. I am still learning to play in this league and every night isn't perfect unfortunately.

Words: 216

I would be Chicago's number one goaltender Mat Smith who is my ex-teammate from Quebec City and also Team Finland at WJC. During the big game I would perform like Smith always does. He is a monster goalie when it comes to big games. He never disappoints and always delivers. That's why it would be evil to ruin his career by playing poorly because it wouldn't be normal. I would probably take 50 saves in game seven in the finals against Buffalo because that is something Mat would do. He is a clutch at big moments. I have saw it from very close in Team Finland and also in Quebec City Citadelles. One of the saves I would make would in 2v0 situation. Opponents would pass the puck between themselves when coming closer to me but in the end I would save the one-timer from the close range with my blocker from the top right corner while other parts of my body would be on ice and only my arm would be raised.

Words: 173

5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
We're adding 2 teams to the SMJHL this season. Do you think we should keep the current SMJHL playoff format of everyone makes it? Or is it time to just take the best 8 or 12 teams and let em duke it out? Defend your stance.

The format should stay the same. In the juniors players need ice-time to develop themselves. It is not fair to some SHL organisations if their prospects play in weaker junior teams and don't get valuable experience about playoffs hockey in a lower level. That's why it is crucial to keep the current format and maybe give free pass to quarter-finals for best teams in both conferences and let others participate to the first playoff round. Everyone deserves to play hockey! Playoffs are the best part of ice-hockey and it would be better idea to play less regular season games instead than not to let everyone get to taste playoff battles. So, think about wisely guys when making decisions about SMJHL.

Words: 120

Like always, I expect big nations to succeed. Canada, Sweden, Finland, Russia and USA are powerhouses which should dominate this event year after year because hockey culture is there something else than in for example in Japan, Great Britain, Ireland, Austria, Norway or Latvia. Czechs are a dark horse for me because my ex-teammate from Argonauts mr. Michael Scarn can carry them to everything. I also expect that Germany's hockey will continue its rising. They were already good last time and are lead by Kanoff in the attack. Last season they were I guess thirdth in round robin and who knows if that continues. From Nordic countries I expect that Finland will be much stronger this year. Finland was dead last on group A among seven teams in its group on round robin stage with only two wins two seasons ago but already last time we improved and nearly missed the playoffs. This season team I know Finland will improve even more and last season's disappointment won't happen again. When it comes to Russia, I expect the same. They are way too big hockey nation to underperform again which means everything lower than achieving a spot in the finals.

Words 199

15. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Borjee

16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
Luke let you keep the money you stole from him in the heist, and won't tell the authorities. But you have to take him on a wonderful date using the money. How does your evening go? What dining and activities do you have in store for good ol' Lukey boy?

First we would go to watch some sports because we both like sports. We would probably go to some NBA game because I haven't been in a one never so it would be cool experience and Luke could teach me details of the game, right? After that, we would go to eat to some fine restaurant and discuss about the game we just saw. We would analyze it piece by piece while eating some meat and french fries. We would discuss about every player's performance and predict their futures in the league. After five years we would re-union and go through our predictions and laugh together for them maybe.

Words: 109

Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 16 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Milestones, +0 TPE: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083477

+16 TPE, thank you

[Image: salming.png]

Task#1 - 3 TPE (170 words)
One of the biggest upsets this season for Luukas Lilja would definitely be the hockey equipment deal with Jofa, leading to a massive PR disaster and Jofa's stocks falling all over the world. This would affect Lilja's career indefinitely, being the poster person for the product that led to such immense disaster in the hockey market - but on the bright side, Lilja did have some good times this season. Celebrating Calgary's highly succesful last half of the season in Vegas gave him so many memories (and a lot of certain type of  alcohol PTSD's) but on the more important note, it did bond the Dragons squad very heavily. Heading into their next few seasons with some new and old faces, especially the old faces from their core this season, will be stronger than ever. Speaking of strong faces in general, Lilja's rookie season on the ice is expected to be a strong contender for the rookie of the season award. Thats something he will look forward in next few weeks.

Task#2 - 3 TPE (261 words)
PokéSHL, thats something out of the ordinary. But hey, lets go with it. Heading into the world of Pokémon with the eyes of an SHL player, picking your team would cause tremendous problems for everyone. On a personal level I would go to become an elite four member - with my loyal Calgary Dragons representing my Dragon-types as the 3rd or 4th encounter of the league. Being an oldschool dude with Pokemon who grew up playing the first 3 generations I would assemble my team according to the first three generations. I would have only 4 pokemon, but they would all be trained to perfection. My starter would consist have non-damaging setup abilities, which would prevent switching. So my choice for that would be Brennan Kennedy Jr, who would at first use Spikes for the first 2 turns, as most of the strong pokemon against Dragon type do not fly. After that, my 2nd pokemon would definitely have the Intimidate-ability, which leads to Attack stat loss, forcing the opponent to switch and take heavy damage from previous Spikes that were setup, and my pick for that would be #A-Rye Izzy. Next, I need a strong pokemon with the capability of sweeping, but not quite. Something fast, with high attack, so Barry Batsbak is a go-to here. Last but not least, I need my ace to finish the job if the other 3 did not quite make it. Esa Parmborg is my pick for sure, everyone facing him at the end would either lose hope at the beginning or at the end.

Task#5 - 2 TPE (121 words)
In my honest opinion, we need to have as many teams in the playoffs as possible in the SMJHL. In comparison to SHL, which is way more  competitive than the SMJHL is, its still setting the basics for every player. From a new players perspective, from a player who missed out the SMJHL draft, we need to keep the player in touch with the game as much as possible for as long as possible. Even if they do not qualify for the next round in the postseason, they atleast participated in the postseason. My point here is that we need to make the league more attractive for new users, which is why we need to have every team in the playoffs.

Task#6 - 3 TPE (225 words)
Judging how the IIHF will go every season is hard, as always, as new players join their representative countries and veterans fall out of the roster due to retirement, but there are still some solid ones that can be counted on heavily. Switzerland for example have exceeded expectations in the group stage for the last 3 seasons, in which they still are favourites for the top-2 spot in their own group. Canada also have been as strong as Switzerland in the group stage, making themselves the top-2 candidates this season too. Player-wise, Swiss goalie Markus Tegernako is no more, so thats a heavy shoes to fill in the Swiss squad. Whoever is going to fill them will have a hard time. Players from the USA squad have won the top forward of the tournament award twice in a row now, first Jon Forty-One and then Bobby Lane afterwards. Both of those do lack skill in their own SHL team, but on a national squad they are very hard to play against. My pick here is that the top forward will come from the USA squad once again, maybe Ethan Duncan or Danny Marston will claim themselves the award this time. For the top-3 this year, Finland will battle against Japan for the bronze medal, and Switzerland will try to beat Norway for the gold medal.

Task#12 - 4 TPE
A) From my point of view, Chicago definitely dont belong in the finals. Yes, I have to admit that they are stronger than during their previous Challenge Cup run, but as of right now it was definitely Calgary's year to be taking down the big three (Texas, Hamilton, Buffalo) in the finals. Buffalo themselves do belong in the finals for sure, beating Hamilton is never easy and it is definitely well deserved. (71 words)

B) Got to hand it to Buffalo for their success over the last 20 seasons. So many players have walked in and out of those doors, but yet again they do find themselves in the cup finals once again. This shows that the management part of their squad is spot on and they do make the best out of their players every season after another. (64 words)

C) Im just gonna say it out loud, I would have been thrilled to play for Winnipeg in their Jets-era, but now as they rebranded their franchise as the Aurora, which is not at all terrifying to face against, I'm not thrilled about their franchise at all. Yes, their franchise was not original at all but they could have done a better job making their franchise more "media sexy", so to speak, with their logo and jerseys and franchising in general. (80 words)

D) Im not that familiar with the league, being here for under a year now, but one of the most iconic players in the Buffalo Stampede franchise history is Monkey D. Luffy. During his time in the franchise, he has been a crucial part of Buffalos 2 Challenge Cup runs, as well as any other season that he has played in Buffalo. A franchise player, for sure, since the beginning. (69 words)

Task#13 - 2 TPE (129 words)
Just a prediction here, but my early series MVP goes to Chicago's own Martijn Westbroek. Looking at his performance so far in this years playoffs, he has definitely proven that even at his ripe age, he is still a crucial part of the Chicago squad. Given, if Chicago still wins the cup here.

For Buffalo's point of view, it has to be Aron Hernadivic. Proving himself worthy yet again this season, he has caught himself 9 goals and 10 assists for a total of 19 points so far in this years playoffs. Did I mention Buffalo has lost only 3 games so far this postseason? Yeah, thats what I thought. If he keeps on going like this in their series against Chicago, he will crown himself the playoff MVP.

Total comes out as 17, but idc

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2021, 07:02 AM by .simo.)

Affiliate Claim +3
ISFL PT - username is .simo on ISFL

SMJHJMSHL Milestones +3
MILESTONES

Trivia +3 hopefully
Verification word: Coward

[Image: hopoate.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 11:07 AM by Raven.)

Code:

This year was a tragic one for Ryuuji Kawashima. For a long time he has had a special stick. One that he might even consider to be lucky. It was supersticion, but every match day before the game he would warm up at home with this stick. Just your basic warm up, little stick movement, little flicks and all that jazz. However one faithless morning, something happened. Kawashima is not sure what happened, maybe the stick hit the ground weird, got stuck on something,  but it just snapped. The tip of the blade snapped in half. It was the start of a very bad stretch in the middle of the season for Kawashima. He was almost pp going through the first 20 games, but the last 46 games he only got about half the points he got in that early 20 game span. On the bright side he did discover a great new recipe for oatmeal cookies, which have been scrumptious. Also towards the end of the season, Kawashima got back into his groove which was nice.

(+3)

Code:
12. Written, up to 4 TPE - Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

A. Chicago was the best team on the West side of the playoffs. However in the overall table they were only the 4th best team in the league. Clearly they have been given the easier way to the finals as they did not have to play an eastern team till the finals. They dodged having to play the likes of Baltimore and Hamilton, cuz easy seeding. (65 words)

B. Have to give it to Buffalo here. The way hockey is designed is that through drafts the worst teams get the better players and in theory should eventually overtake the established better teams and the cycle continues. The fact that Buffalo has just been able to defy having to go into a total rebuild and continue to be at the top of the game is something to be impressed by. (70 words)

C. I have to nit pick chicago's logo or I guess brand in general. I do not care for it much at all, also it's weird that like 50 different types of 'criminal' branded teams came into existance around the same time in the sim league universe. For Buffalo it's gotta be the city, why place yourself in the same city as the Sabres. Very strange. (65 words)

D. I am a simp to my boy Tomen. So it has to be Eduard Selich. Always been a fan of the Selich's in all sports, but will always have that connected to Selich being a sniper around the time I had Raven Silverwing as my player. Just had a fun chemistry and all going on. (55 words)

(+4)

Code:

VerifficationWord

(+3)

Code:

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3083504

(+3)

Code:
One (1) affiliate claim from either PBE or the ISFL will be accepted for 3 TPE! *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.*

ISFL PT

(+3)

Total: 16/16 TPE

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart

Pt pass users, assemble!

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2021, 08:06 AM by golden_apricot.)

08-09-2021, 07:40 AMKalakar Wrote: Pt pass users, assemble!

PT pass
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 01:51 PM by MN_Moosey.)

PBE Affiliate +3

Code:

nacho

Milestones +1

Code:
7. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.)
We're at a point in the SHL where a good chunk of the playerbase played back in the STHS era, and a good chunk has known nothing but FHM. If you're in the latter part of the league you must have heard the horror stories... so: Let's make a hypothetical.

Players who played in both eras: What would have happened if we just had one sim engine? Posture how your career would have gone if we stayed in STHS (sans exploits). Or what if you had created in FHM the whole time? Would things have gone better or worse?

For you FHM babies: What if we were still in Simon T land? Would your career be where it is now? Or would randomness have stunted the dynasties you may or may not have been part of?

I came into the league right as the sim switch happened. I have no experience with STHS but have heard about it and its randomness when I first joined. I think that having some level of randomness is beneficial to a league like this. Right now in the FHM era, parity is a myth. The same teams just keep rolling over everyone else year after year without having to take any kind of a step back. It really sucks for the teams that have been trying to rebuild and have seen next to no progress because of the super teams that emerged in the new sim. Hockey is the most random of the 5 majors sports. It should feel a little more random. Pucks take weird bounces and anyone can win a game. Over time, the better team will see more success but going into a game already knowing the sim sits you at a disadvantage is not great for the health of the league. There is only so much you can do as a new player when regression is negligible for the first few seasons.

(186)

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
I'm pretty sure y'all were doing the ring prompt in like 5 minutes on a website... so we'll do something harder. Sorry. Depict the championship parade of either team in the finals. Fans should be wearing the appropriate color clothes and the logo of the winning team should be depicted at least twice in the image.

[Image: syndicate_parade.png]

Code:

Man IIHF is always tough because of the small amount of games that are played. There are always the powerhouses like USA and Canada that will likely push for their group lead though USA did choke in the tournament round. I think this is where we see the full control of Europe emerge. Norway, Sweden, Czechia are all teams that could be pushing their groups to the edge and fighting it out for a gold medal. With good teams comes bad teams. The depth just is not there for everyone. A team that saw previous success, Switzerland, is now seeing a decline in their talent compared to their direct competition. Again, all of this is so difficult to predict because of talent transferring and young stars emerging in the game. It all comes down to the coaching and those who have taken the reigns in the past might be looking to hand them off to see their squad bring back some hardware. That's all I'm saying.
(166)

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2021, 08:30 AM by tweedledunn.)

Code:
8. Graphic, 3 TPE
I'm pretty sure y'all were doing the ring prompt in like 5 minutes on a website... so we'll do something harder. Sorry. Depict the championship parade of either team in the finals. Fans should be wearing the appropriate color clothes and the logo of the winning team should be depicted at least twice in the image.

[Image: ygg4c1l.png]

Code:
10. Graphic, 3 TPE
Design a Challenge Cup/Four Star Cup Championship banner for one of the teams in the finals, like those which appear on the side of the site.

[Image: E6Vy8tE.png]

Code:

c. 69 words = nice = 1 TPE

I am going to nitpick both teams here for including their wordmark/ city and name within the primary logo. In my book, the primary logo should stand on its own and should not be busied with unneeded information. A crowded bunch of text does not lend anything beneficial to the aesthetic or what should be an iconic quality team logo. Save the wordmark for a secondary or third logo.

Code:
14. Graphic, 3 TPE - The Procrastinator Special!
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and you also like doing graphics instead of writing. That's cool, too! Create a Series Recap broadcast graphic - the contents can be whatever you want, but your graphic must list both teams and at least 3 stats for each.

[Image: bDJYiNf.png]

Code:

verification = griffin

Code:

claim 3

[Image: fm4oNHu.png]    Aurora  norway  Raptors     [Image: YHC5qMO.png]
[Image: 47986_s.gif]

Code:
There were quite a few things that happened that was great this season. First, the New England Wolfpack made the playoffs, so I finally got to experience what playoffs feel like. That is always fun, I have done it in the SMJHL, but not in the SHL which is crazy, but the games were fun. Obviously, it did not end the way we wanted as we got absolutely crushed by the Buffalo Stampede, but at least we got our feet wet in the playoffs. That is always good. During the season, I actually played decently well. I had 26 points in 66 games which is fantastic and played over 20 minutes a game. I think that there was so much on my shoulders as a young defenseman which just shows that New England trusts me. I think that shows a lot and I appreciate everything. I really would rather stay away from what happened that was negative and just focus on the positive.
Words: 163

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) Pokemon!
The PokeSHL is such a crazy thing to think about. But, what would I do? Who would I pick? I would say that my team would have to be the following: @SchwarzNarr would be Celebi. I think Celebi is such a good Pokémon because it's definitely cute, but it will kill your Pokémon if you make it mad. I think Schwarr is great, and is definitely mythical by how great she is, so she will be on my team. I suppose I will have to include @WithTheMoose as well who will be Stantler. Does that surprise anyone at all? Stantler is a solid Pokémon who will surprise some people. This will likely be the person that I start my team with. Then, I will have @TheSparkyDee, he will be Psyduck. Why Psyduck? I mean, you need a Psychic water type on your team. I think that's such a cool combination and can really break down the other squad. Then, I will have @Muford as Jynx. He will boop the hell out of your team. And lastly, we will have @ckroyal92 as Skitty. Derpcat will definitely be out there enjoying their time.
Words: 190

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE (60 words min.) poetry
Chicago is about to go down
Because their players especially @SDCore is a clown
This is going to be about all of the bad teams in the SHL
I think that everyone knows who the bad ones are, no one needs to tell
Montreal is about the worst of them all
When they are on the ice, they just look like a bunch of meatball.
Then, you have the Tampa Bay Barracuda.
They do not need to worry about the playoffs; they can continue their tradition in Bermuda.
How about the San Francisco Pride?
I think their fans are wondering if their players even tried.
This year is going to be about the pack.
And this time, we are going to go Back to Back.
Words: 125

Code:
5. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.) SMJHL Playoff
I think it should be 8 teams. I do not like the idea of everyone makes the playoffs. I really want it to be the best of the best and not just everyone. I think that it is a little more exclusive and it means more when people don't make it. I do not want a league that has participation trophies which I feel like is exactly what this is. When you let everyone make it, you give the bottom teams a participation trophy. It's cool to let them in, but who cares. Will they really have a chance? So why bother letting them into the playoffs? I think 8 is the right answer.
Words: 114

Code:
6. Written, 3 TPE (150 words min.) - IIHF Tournament
I think you always have to expect that the United States will do well. If you look at S59, United States and Switzerland really ran away with it. You had the US at 10-1-1 and Switzerland with the same record. The United States had 53 goals for and only 28 against. That is absolutely crazy when you look at the 25 goal differential. You also had Norway, Sweden, Germany who rounded out the top 5. Japan would go ahead and shock the world with a Gold medal. I think it was very unexpected, but I do expect them to be around the same. When it comes to players, Bobby Lane, Bobby Sharp are two guys that I expect to do really well again. Those are two great people and really good players. I think they ran the tournament last time, so I think they will do that just again. I expect the United States to have a way better medal round than they did last time.
Words: 166

Code:
16. slash's secret bonus prompt SHHHHHH. Written, 2 TPE (100 words min.)
I have to take Luke on a date? Well, I think we have to start with dinner. Where do we go? I guess it depends what luke is really feeling that day. Do we want to go to BBQ? Do we want to do a place that we can get drinks and have bar food? I think it will depend on how we both feel that day. Then, I think we go mini golfing. I think all good dates end in mini golf. I will not let you win. I will never let you win, that is the rule of the date. So, I think that would be a super fun date.
Words: 112

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3