Create Account

Hamilton signs Rookies

08-20-2021, 01:18 AMzaynzk Wrote:
08-20-2021, 01:04 AMRotticusScott Wrote: contracts are in dms
I dont think thats how contracts work

1. The Jack Crasher Rule: If a Free Agent uses language that reflects signing with a team, and then attempts to later dispute or back out of that signing, they will be punished with a suspension of 3 regular season games. Regardless of suspension the player MUST sign with the team they agreed to sign with.
I might be wrong here, but I believe agreeing to a contract in dms constitutes language that reflects signing with a team. Sorry if I'm wrong, you're the expert!

[Image: rotti.gif]

08-20-2021, 01:14 AMluketd Wrote: SHL HO is discussing this situation. We will NOT have an answer in the next couple hours because it is in the AM. We are going to have an answer by 8 PM EST 8/20/21 so that we can give it the proper attention that it deserves
SHL HO moment

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Hello yes I would like to sign one of the available rookies

[Image: Wing_Wang_Wurmple.png]

luffy bids 6 million for the lot

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

Can i put my balllllllllls in yo jawsssssssss

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

08-20-2021, 01:27 AMTnlAstatine Wrote: luffy bids 6 million for the lot

6.1, dibs

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

08-20-2021, 01:22 AMRotticusScott Wrote:
08-20-2021, 01:18 AMzaynzk Wrote: I dont think thats how contracts work

1. The Jack Crasher Rule: If a Free Agent uses language that reflects signing with a team, and then attempts to later dispute or back out of that signing, they will be punished with a suspension of 3 regular season games. Regardless of suspension the player MUST sign with the team they agreed to sign with.
I might be wrong here, but I believe agreeing to a contract in dms constitutes language that reflects signing with a team. Sorry if I'm wrong, you're the expert!
Does not matter imo no contract was posted agreeing to something in the DMs is not the same as an offical contract, its states pretty clearly in the rulebook that you have to actually post a contract for it to be valid.

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

That’s for Free Agents who back out.

Has nothing to do with draftees that the GMs never signed. They didn’t try to back out.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2021, 01:30 AM by Arkz.)

08-20-2021, 01:22 AMRotticusScott Wrote: I might be wrong here, but I believe agreeing to a contract in dms constitutes language that reflects signing with a team. Sorry if I'm wrong, you're the expert!
I mean, do DMs count? Doesn't seem like it in the rulebook.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

08-20-2021, 01:30 AMACapitalChicago Wrote:
08-20-2021, 01:27 AMTnlAstatine Wrote: luffy bids 6 million for the lot

6.1, dibs

6.7, dibs doesn't count in a bid war
also don't bid any higher this is all my bank plz

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

the argument against is in two parts:
1) using language that reflects signing for a team is not the same as being offered a contract. offering a contract is a GM action that happens on the forums.
2) in draft rights bidding, the player does not have agency to sign a contract. the highest bidder acquires the player through the bid without negotiating with the player. the drafting team loses the rights, and the player never disputes the offer was made or backs out of the deal because the offer wasn't legal when it was posted

the unclear part is whether winning draft rights counts as a signing, and if it does whether the last line of the jack crasher rule prohibits the winning team from signing the player

08-20-2021, 01:30 AMArkz Wrote:
08-20-2021, 01:22 AMRotticusScott Wrote: I might be wrong here, but I believe agreeing to a contract in dms constitutes language that reflects signing with a team. Sorry if I'm wrong, you're the expert!
I mean, do DMs count? Doesn't seem like it in the rulebook.
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

08-20-2021, 01:31 AMTnlAstatine Wrote:
08-20-2021, 01:30 AMACapitalChicago Wrote: 6.1, dibs

6.7, dibs doesn't count in a bid war
also don't bid any higher this is all my bank plz
$7M. I have laundry for Jay Cue to fold.

[Image: Wing_Wang_Wurmple.png]

I'm gonna pool my money with @platanocat and sign Cue.

[Image: hopoate.png]

pepega clap

[Image: OzriPox.png]

Player Page - Update Page

artermis,Feb 2 2017, 04:11 PM Wrote:9gag pretty lit tho