Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy

Prompt number 2: The legacy I see Mats Marner creating in the SHL is a flashy offensive forward who can be equally as dangerous scoring goals and setting up teammates with some nice assists. So far for every single season Marner has been in the SHL he has made it to the playoffs however he has had very little success a part from last season making deep runs in the post season with his new team in Chicago. Marner’s biggest goal is being known as a Challenge Cup champion before all else and believe that @jhn and @SDCore can set up the team in Chicago to help Marner reach that goal. While Marner has not yet become an all star or top superstar in the league, he still has a couple seasons before reaching the peak of his game and hopes to still play at a high level in the SHL for another ten seasons to continue building his legacy.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2021, 01:42 PM by Opera_Phantom.)

I honestly think Jay Cue will be known as a serviceable player for the team or teams he plays during his career. Obviously that if he keeps earning TPE as he is now, while far from his season top earners by about 40 something TPE, there is no doubt he will be a very high TPE player in a few seasons. If we add that to the possibility of him playing for a team with a great roster, competing for championships, there is no limit for him.
We have seen during the years that a lot of players who seem to be out of the MVP radar when the season starts, get incredible seasons under their belts, surprising everyone.
So, while aiming for average stats and a good, not great career, nobody can tell what is going to happen.
Maybe after his first season in the majors we can have this discussion again, with a lot more info to talk about.

(161 words)

[Image: 2EStWW6.png]

hodOOOOr'hOOOdoooooooor hoooodor hOOdOOORRRR, Hooooooodooooorrrr HoooooddddddddoooooooRRRR

SMJHL Stats || SHL Stats
[Image: YZjkK9Q.png] PORTAL [Image: rwqM7d3.png]
Berserkers Elk Falcons Renegades Germany

Stats Pre-S53 || Stats S53+
[Image: yXVPZSm.png] [Image: updates2.png]
Outlaws Switzerland Wolfpack
S53 All-Star and Richan Trophy Nominee
S60 Jeff Dar Trophy Winner
Never forget

NETMAN DOESN'T DO DRUGS NOR DOES HE DRINK SODA! I would kill the pill man!

But serious no. Tyler Ward wouldn't take the drink. He'd tell the man to get out or he'd call the cops. He's worked to hard to get into the SHL to begin with. There's no point in taking a "miracle drink" now. But can we talk about something for a second. Why hasn't the SHL Front office nor player relations done anything about this strange man offering people drugs and strange sodas. I mean this has to be a big safety issue right? Is it gonna take going to the media to get something to happen? Ward was in talks with the team Lawyer (Is that a thing?) the other day and asked the same thing. He was met with silence and disregard. I think there's something shifty going on here.

[img=0x0]https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/grUaWFD9ou9EjLV73AFr8OZ5Z5ZgBJHWeh35DDNtFgI/https/i.imgur.com/hQtmi8A.png[/img]
CitadellesCitadelles

Prompt 2:

This one is really easy for me. My legacy is probably going to down as a pretty unique one. I will be going down as probably the most universally hated SHL player of this generation. My retirement post will likely be full of a lot of vitriol about how bad Gabe Johnson is or perhaps even something about how I suck as a person too. Every time I come into a new place I get met with joking comments about how I suck in some way, and it's always hilarious to me because it will often be with people I haven't even spoken to before. It just became really funny to me how my legacy on the site became just being hated jokingly (I hope) by basically everyone, and it's something I came to appreciate a lot about the community. The reputation I got is just so funny and weird, and I am glad I can appreciate that part of my SHL legacy because holy fuck Gabe Johnson is bad.

(173 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

If I were to take the drink from the strange man, I wouldn't so much go for a legacy for myself, but one that would apply to my team or maybe even the entire league. The jury is still open but at this point I think I have a reasonable shot at the HOF by myself and all accomplishments I would get for myself through a shortcut like that would feel vein and meaningless, so I'm fine with just the handful of award and all-star team nominations that I already have and that aren't particularly likely to be added to. When talking about bigger issues however things might be different and I might absolutely be fine with taking a re-roll on history. The first and most obvious thing I would let the drink provide would be a Challenge Cup for the Los Angeles Panthers, not to bolster my HOF chances, heck take me off the roster if need be (maybe there is a price to pay for this kind of magic anyway?), but because the awesome people on this team deserve it. Ideally it would be two Cups actually, one for the current group and one for Wasty and some of the teams he built. It still stings to see that he had to leave this team without bringing them another cup so being able to rectify that would be amazing.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

"What the fuck?" Rex Kirkby does not need no wacky mystical fruit drink to turn into a hall of famer. Firstly the last time he took anything from this guy he ended up a blind speed midget who shat himself relentlessly. He had been worried the effects would never wear off and had sworn never to take any unidentified substances again. Secondly Rex Kirkby was already on his way to the hall of fame. The only person to win the bojo biscuit three times and all of them consecutively as well as the fact that he was likely to finish top 5 amongst defensemen in points scored. Leaping out of bed he used his superior strength and athletic physique to pin the man to the wall. He struggled desperately but be was no match for the thousands of hours spent in the gym. With one smooth movement he turfed the man through his 8th storey bedroom window and watched as he sailed to his death on the pavement below.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

My legacy for Liam Slate is to be a bust which is already occurring. Liam Slate is a no good player who won't ever hit point per game. He is one of the worst Liam Slate is going to be one of those players everyone expects to be good this season but will never deliver. Liam Slate's legacy is going to be a Four Star Cup Champion being a 4th liner and doing nothing since. Being drafted 18th overall and deserving it because he lacks talent. Liam Slate is going to be looked back on as a disappointment in the Season 55 draft even though he should be one of the better players.

As an overall member of the site of 10 years, my legacy as a user is being a loser and building bad players who are busts and suck. Nothing good has come out of my SHL players careers. My main SHL legacy will be Sad.

(160 Words)

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 12:17 AM by kenvald.)

Prompt 2
Best case scenario at the end of Yxskaft's career is at least one cup, multiple defensive and MVP awards, the #1 overall TPE record, which will lead to a first ballot Hall of Fame induction. My plan is also to play in New England until I retire. With that and thanks to the extended season I belive I'll be able to snag maybe one or two New England records while I'm here as well.

I'm also hoping to be able to look back and see myself building up a team from chaos to cup winners. It's been a long road and I'd like to be viewed as a GM that allowed players to get the most skill out of their players and the most fun out of the league in general.

Lastly, I've had a lot of fun building up the index with the other developers. If nothing else I hope to be remembered by the contributions I've made to the league that didn't necessarily translate to on-ice performance.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

Vlastislav Malik would take the sip of Fanta, no questions asked. He'll take the confirmed Hall of Fame career. Anything to confirm that Vlastislav Malik is better than Valterri Kauppinen. He would win the Cup every season for the rest of his career, making NOLA the new HAM/BUF, if you know what I mean. Malik would win most goals, most assists, most points, MVP, playoff MVP, anything I miss? Is he selfish? No....NO...no? While being enshrined in the Hall of Fame, he'd have Cian McFelter, Robert Feltersnatch, and Teddy Park speak. They would sing Malik's praises, finally making up for all the ribbing he put up with right now. You know what? Let's have Valterri Kauppinen speak as well. Kauppinen can finally admit Vlastislav Malik is the better player. And he can do it in public. Once and for all. But cause he's co-GM of NOLA, will he get credit for Malik's success? Nah...he didn't draft Malik. He better not. Honestly, if that's the case, Malik would rather pass.

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]

Choosing prompt 1 for the purposes of this PT. Patya would drink the orange Fanta...the whole thing, not just a sip, especially if it's a mexican orange Fanta, because let's be honest - they smack hard as fuck (and I have 4 left right now because real sugar soda >) and Patya is just as into mexican orange Fanta as I am. Plus, he plays for the Carolina Kraken...it should basically be our official soda. Moving on, his legacy would be cemented as having been the best player of Russian origin to ever grace the ice of the SHL. He'd probably win 3 or 4 cups, because let's not be too greedy here. He'd win multiple scoring awards, and multiple mvp awards. He'd break the record for most goals scored in a single season and most points earned by a player in a single season. Also, I'd personally like to cement a legacy as being a proven first-gen player. I want to hit 2k+ TPE, I want to max earn, I want everyone to know who I am by the time my first player is retired, especially since I'm handling it while dealing with the end of my college career. I know that for some people, that probably doesn't mean much, but it does to me. I really struggle with time management, so if I can continue to work towards getting suma cum laude while also max earning in the SHL and also managing the rest of my personal life (mostly my girlfriend), that would be a really big accomplishment for me.

Lore: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5
[Image: 65011_s.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png]   [Image: HKi05IH.png]   [Image: gs89eGV.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2021, 02:49 AM by academydropout.)

So, the shadiness of this dude notwithstanding -- to be clear, I'm not saying this because he's Eastern European, although Russian accents are legitimately terrifying sometimes; he's just really shady -- I wouldn't take the drink.

First of all, sipping mysterious drinks sounds like a good way to fail a drug test. Miss me with that.

Second of all, it's like using a cheat code in a video game you really enjoy, while you're still on like... level two. I don't know if I can beat this game myself, but I'd like to try at least. Similarly, I don't know whether I can make the hall of fame here, but that's my goal. That's why I'm back. Sure, knowing I could accomplish that goal with minimal effort is cool, but it wouldn't feel earned. Maybe if I'd tried several times and failed repeatedly, I'd be more open to it -- and I'd probably justify it by telling myself I earned a spot for effort alone lmao -- but right now? With one effort that tailed off, and a second that's barely started? Nah. I don't want or need a shortcut. Yet.

ISFL: 37thchamber

UpdatesPlayer Page
The Journey

6,000 mile road#DidItForDildo1,700 miles more
A Silver Road

Drought Ender, Curse Breaker, Firebird

Prompt 2

It depends really what the coaches want me to do. I dont mind at all being a shitty third liner. I would in fact be quite happy just skating around and starting fights and behaving like an absolute ass, and score now and then. Im doing that in Vancouver currently and it feels nice. You dont have to think about eating properly, you can focus on drinking ber with the other 4th liners and take it easy during practices. Most guys have big egos, wanting to score 5 goals a game and be in the books. Not me really, im all happy to just help out my team to win games and hopefully a cup or two one day. And for that you need grutty players shutting down the other top guys. Make them play your type of game and not the other way around, if we can get skilled players to play physical, we are halfway there. And im all here waiting for them.

[Image: croppad.jpg]

[Image: xX8WZEB.png]
Prompt 1

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Duncan Mackenzie would not hesitate to drink the drink. He will do anything to help the team win, even if it means putting the team on his back and doing it himself using performance enhancing fanta. Duncan Mackenzie's legacy would be that of the greatest Power Forward to ever play the game. He would hold the season record for most Hits and Points in a season, while gaining attention for the lack of penalty minutes. He will be remembered as a player that always put the team first, guiding the Knights and then the Dragons into multiple championships and multiple MVP awards. In his later years, while still being dominant, he will turn his attention to mentoring the next generation and ensuring that another batch of Dragons are ready to take up the mantle of "Freakbeast" once he finally retires off into the sunset. Either that or the knockoff fanta causes his heart to explode and he accomplishes nothing.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora