Create Account

S61 PT #5- Legacy

Prompt 2

Andreas Kvalheim will likely go down as one of the best two-way players to ever grace the SHL. He has a record four Jeff Dar trophies, including three in a row during the mid S50s which really solidified his case for the Hall of Fame. And while his best years are undoubtedly past him, Kvalheim remains a serviceable player for his Texas Renegades and he hopes to help his team win a couple more Challenge Cups and climb as far up the all-time statistical lists as he can. He just overtook Jack Durden to become the Renegades' all time leading scorer and is sitting at 756 career points. Unfortunately while 1000 career points is likely out of reach, it would be fun to hit 900 points. He has also been rising up the hits leaderboard as he sits just outside the top 10, with less than 300 hits to go crack the top 5.

[Image: 17307_s.gif]

StarsnorwayRenegades // PLAYER PAGE || UPDATES \\ RenegadesnorwayStars

I am going to take the drink to cement my legacy. I'm not going to take just a sip, I'm going to drink the entire bottle of orange fanta so I can cement my legacy on the Earth and not just in the SHL. The legacy NeverBrokeAgain YoungBoy is going to have in the SHL is going to be a very winning player that is going to win the championship every season, no matter where he goes, BUT he never has great individual statistics. He just so happens to always be able to win wherever he goes despite being one of the worst players on his team. At the end of his career, NeverBrokeAgain YoungBoy finishes his career with 578 games played with a total of 19 goals and 110 assists for a total of 129 points in his career, in which he managed to win 9 championships, in 9 seasons.

[Image: dmills3.gif]
[Image: 6by0kBi.png] || [Image: ohmEd0h.png]

CanadaWhalersSteelhawks

Prompt 2

Currently, I'm not interested in GMing a team or a nation here in the SHL, so I'm going to talk about my player and what he'll hopefully achieve in his career.
With me max earning and being on top of my class, I hope to have a really long career which should help me to get some stats. Playing in Texas as one of the best franchises out there will also definitely help me with that. I was called up rather early, so I was already able to collect some stats. The goal for my player is to make the Hall of Fame and I really hope I'll have some more luck here in this league. It's gonna be tough, but I'm confident that my player will get some stats over the course of his career and might climb up the leaderboard for points, goals and assists, which are the main stats I'm looking at. I also would really like to win a cup in my career here, maybe that dream already comes true this season if we should have one of the best teams with the Renegades.
Additionally, I already won 2 WJCs so far and I did it with different nations which is a great achievement. I hope that I'll also be able to compete for the cup in the IIHF and win some medals there for our team.
In the end, there is a lot of luck involved in getting those stats/cups, but I'll do my best with earning to put me in the best position and I put my faith in the great GMs and simtesters in my team/nation!

[Image: Haschdi.png]

The career of Minnesota young gun Arsene Leclarc is yet to be defined. So far he has had a trio of positive seasons, with the current one being the smallest growth so far. Hitting around .5 points per game, like last season, but with improved defensive stat lines. The future is looking like there is more room to grow, which is a good sign as Leclarc is already chipping in as a valuable member of the Monarchs blue line core. It is a fairly safe assumption that Arsene will be a fixture on the top pair in Minnesota in the near future and will be there for as long as he wants. We all know it is hard to get a hold of top tier defense in this league, and having a young and promising player already performing well is a great sign for the Monarchs. This could lead him to be a legendary player in future that could build on the long tenure I have already had on the site, really giving me the first big break out player I haven't had yet personally. I am looking to hopefully get Leclarc into the Hall of Fame, to cross that off my bucket list, but I am concerned that all the recent changes and the current way the league is run will make it harder than it was before even. It is harder than ever to differentiate yourself on the blueline, with offensive stats being fairly reliant on team performance and defensive stats almost being a true inverse result of team struggles.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 03:20 AM by goldenglutes.)

prompt 1 btw

woo wee let us go another pee tee in the house what a banger by slash lets go i gotta be honest i love these creative prompts no cap nor is there any kizzy what so ever you know what i mean? wow i can not believe i just typed that but i bet @micool132 would believe it because he reads all of my pee tees and i love him for it. any way i would definitely drink the mysterious fanta but i would not wish to change my simulation hockey league legacy at all i would really just want to drink it because i get really thirsty after waking up because i breathe through my mouth a lot when i sleep so i always end up with a really dry mouth and need to drink some thing when i wake up apparently it makes me snore really loudly and it might be because i have sleep apnea who knows one of these days i will get it checked out anyway yeah i would drink it just because i am parched but i would not change anything about my legacy

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

Legacy, the word used to describe the thing a player will be remembered for above all else. With my career finally coming to a close after all this time, I get to look back on my time in this amazing league and reminisce on all the great things I was able to do. If I had to choose one word to define my legacy it has to be lucky. I was able to play alongside some of the best players to ever play during their prime. The St. Louis Scarecrows was full of hall of fame caliber team mates during my time down there. Getting to play in so many amazing organization in the SHL like San Francisco, New Orleans, Texas, and finally Calgary (and who knows what the future holds.) is an amazing honor to hold. Perhaps I am looking back with tinted glasses, but with all the awesome things I have been able to accomplish, I may be the luckiest player in SHL history.

Going for the Hall of Fame and being the best player possible has always been a goal for Calvin Hobbes.

Being known as the best playmaker there was would be the ultimate goal, someone who could see passes no one else could and had the skill to deliver passes that completely took the opponents by surprise.
The first couple of seasons in the SHL has been tough with the New England Wolfpack being in a rebuild and losing a number of our core rebuild players. Now it is shaping up for young Hobbes who still has a few season until he reaches his prime!

So in the coming seasons we will see Hobbes pan out and become the key player for the Wolfpack everyone thinks and hopes he will be. With hopefully breaking some of the points or assists records on the way to the retirement.
Leading his pack to the Challange Cup would be another part in cementing the Hall of Fame career!

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2021, 09:47 AM by BenDover.)

Prompt 1

AS the mysterious man stands over Wilson in bed, he makes the swift and erratic decision to drink the unmarked fanta bottle, guaranteed hof, how could that have any negative consequences?  In the first game after drinking the delicious orange Fanta, wilson decided to do another one of his team leading hits, but something was different, he could tell he had injured the player, which was terrible but now they were down one man, this kept happening wheneve he hit the opposition, leading to an eventual forfeit in the 2nd period for the opposition. And thats how the HOF career began, unfortunately they had to fold the league 5 seasons into Wilson's SHL career due to everyone being injured. But since he was the best player on the ice for this magical ability, he was immediately inducted into the league hall when the league unfortunately folded. Although Wilson was sad that the league folded, he could be at peace being the youngest hall of famer in league history.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png] [Image: 9pUocRs.png] [Image: tCcIWQC.png] 
[Image: Skree.gif]

Code:
Written Task: What legacy do you see yourself creating in the SHL? Hall of Fame? Amazing third liner? Shitty third liner? GM of a cup team? Juniors GM who helped newbies create amazing players? Go crazy posturing your legacy, or at least some wishful thinking of how your retirement post will be received. (150+ words)
Honestly, I do not see myself creating much of a legacy with Kaspars Claude. I made a little history in the SMJHL, and was able to win 3 back to back to back trophies with 3 different teams but was 2 different organizations technically. The amount of players and talent in the SHL is just insane nowadays and it is so tough to make it to the top and then stay there once you are sitting on the throne. Looking at the defensemans in the league, off the top of my head you have Hugh Jazz and Augustus Wang as the offensive power houses in the league nowadays. Back in the day, there were players like Tig Murphy, Alexis Metzler, Poopity Scoop and many others. There is just a huge amount of defenseman who come into the league and not a lot of them end up staying as the Top Defenseman for a long time. You need so many factors to really go your way, especially with the randomness of the sim some time. Teams going through rebuilds, players who retire or leave through free agency. You need the perfect scenario to compliment your game to really give you the best chance at being amazing in this league.

[Image: Bruins10.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic , @Ragnar and @sulovilen for the sexy Signature

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Prompt 1:
Patrik Money is not a player who is looking like he will make the Hall of Fame. While he's starting to improve his numbers now, this fanta drink may be his only chance at the Hall. I would take the drink. It wouldnt be to make Money the greatest player of all time or have the flashiest stats, that would be strange given his mediocre performances. It would however be because of a giagantic number of cups won. Money's career would be mainly about elevating those around him and bringing the best out in his teammates. While winning the cup every season would be strange, over his career he would win an unparalleled amount of cups, probably 75% of seasons whichever team he played for would win, and probably a couple of awards thrown in there as to not raise suspicions, but it would be his teammates who consistently win the awards. He would be seen as a lucky charm and players would want to join his side in Free Agency to have a chance at winning and when it came down to HoF induction, his winning mentality would be what solidifed him as one of the greats.

Prompt 2
Sven’s legacy in all likelihood will be as a good to very good goal scorer, but it is difficult to believe he will make it into the Hall of Fame. After this breakout 40 goal, 72 point season, Sven will have scored 125 goals and 280 points in 380 games. Being still 100 points back from a point per game player is going to be difficult to overcome even if Sven continuously has 70+ point seasons – 100 points is a lot of ground to cover. Additionally, Sven’s teams have never had any playoff success and he could end up being one of those solid players that never wins a cup. Sven will need to win multiple personal awards on top of another 7+ great individual scoring seasons to have any chance of getting Hall of Fame consideration. That being said, he’s just broken the single season goal scoring record for SFP and the team is rebuilding quickly. If the team can be competitive throughout Sven’s prime, there is a chance he can pull it off.

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

Feels pretty early to think about my legacy at this point, but I hope Walton Stromberg will go down as a player who steadily got better year after year and spent multiple years being among the very best players of his position. Obviously at least one cup win would be awesome, and definitely some success on international games. WJC championship as a captain is already a solid start on that front. Some individual award would definitely be very nice too. In general, I wish Stromberg would be remembered as a reliable and loyal player, who's a good example for everyone on and off the ice. And a player who nobody has a bad word to say about. The most important thing would be to be remembered as a good teammate, who had a positive impact on all theams I played. If I achieve even some of these, I will be writing the eventual retirement post with a smile on my face.

[Image: sulov.gif]

Prompt 1

Do I take the drink? It's more like how fast can I snatch it out of his hands and get it in my gut. I take that drink and chug it ASAP. Do I think Kennedy Jr has a strong legacy already? For sure, but if I can guarantee he ends up in the hall or fame, I am 100% taking that drink. Anyone that tells you they aren't are a liar. During his prime, Kennedy was a perennial all star and a constant Nominee for awards, unlucky for him, he never received an individual award, and has only won 1 Challenge Cup. Is that enough for a HoF entry? I doubt it, so I am willing to take any edge I can get and any chance I have to make it more likely I hit the hall, I'm all for. So give me that cup and watch me chug

[Image: Bk1689.gif]

PROMPT 2

Well I kind of want to split this legacy in two parts, one for my player and one as a GM. But I will also start with the end considering the part of the retirement post. When Jonathan Granström finally will be retired I hope that both him and me will be thanked of for the time spent here. I hope to get some of the stick taps because of the career and successes I will have had. That is my wishful thinking about my retirement post.

For the legacy, I really want Jonathan Granström to be remembered as grit and grind. I do not care if Granström has a lower amount of points and will be remembered as a lower line player. The important part for him is to be a leader, both on and off ice.
As a GM, I hope to be remembered as one who managed to win the Four Star Cup two seasons in a row as well as one of the Detroit Falcon GMs who got the Falcons back on track as a dominant team in the SMJHL.

(184 words)

[Image: Halkohol_SHL.gif]